Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Programming and Hacking > Development

Old 6th December 2010, 01:05   #61  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

The Windows 7 Taskbar features should be back now

(This also means that you'll need the Platform SDK v7.1 to compile LameXP now, at least if you want the Taskbar features to work)
Old 8th December 2010, 23:00   #62  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Due to a stupid mistake of mine, in the Build #132 encoding didn't work at all. Unfortunately even the auto-update will fail with the "problematic" build

So in case you get an NSIS install error during update, which complains that the access to the TEMP folder was denied, then you will have to download/install the new build manually this time.

The problem should be fixed in Build #136, at least I hope so. Moreover another installer issue, which caused the installer to launch in background, has been resolved.
Old 8th December 2010, 23:16   #63  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Cheers
Old 11th December 2010, 03:01   #64  |  Link
Motenai Yoda

bug report, why when I edit some meta data options and re-run the changes have not been saved?
also i should can help for the Italienisch
Motenai Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 03:07   #65  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motenai Yoda View Post
bug report, why when I edit some meta data options and re-run the changes have not been saved?
So you mean you edit the meta data of some file on your list, close the edit dialog and when you re-open the edit dialog the changes have been lost?

If so, what if you don't re-open the edit dialog and just proceed to the encode? Will the encoded files contain the meta info you entered?

[EDIT]

If you mean that you completely exit LameXP after editing the meta data but before starting the encoding process, then your changes will be lost for sure.

That's because LameXP won't save your edits when you terminate the program. The meta data will be "saved" by embedding it into the encodes files ^^

Quote:
also i should can help for the Italienisch
It's to early to start translating at this time, because a lot of things are still unfinished and bigger changes might happen.

But I'll yet you know when I'm ready to accept translations...

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 11th December 2010 at 03:33.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 21:16   #66  |  Link
Motenai Yoda

no I'm meaning that i edit some things like comment and position to "not specified" but on exiting from lamexp those changes were lost, while the un-check on playlist and metadata seems to be stored...
also I would suggest a rename pattern field, to generate the namefile by metadata.
Motenai Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 21:28   #67  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
no I'm meaning that i edit some things like comment and position to "not specified" but on exiting from lamexp those changes were lost, while the un-check on playlist and metadata seems to be stored...
As explained above, if you edit the meta data that has been read from your source files but then exit LameXP without actually running the encode, your edits are "lost".

The one and only method to "save" you edits is starting the encode, because then the edited meta data will be written to the encoded files...

Quote:
also I would suggest a rename pattern field, to generate the namefile by metadata.
That makes a lot of sense. And it's on my TODO list

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 11th December 2010 at 22:04.
Old 12th December 2010, 23:06   #68  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

WMA decoding should work now. Unfortunately "wmawav.exe" neither handles Unicode filenames nor does it report progress information.

(If anybody knows a better command-line tool to decode WMA files to Wave, please tell me!)
Old 13th December 2010, 20:25   #69  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
Hey Mulder.

Love the program, used it for a couple of years now as it's great at simple conversion.

I now have a need to convert about 1700 songs from FLAC to MP3, which your program does great. These are in separate album folders. Last time I attempted this was with version 3.18 H2, and it didn't keep the directory structure when writing the MP3 files, so all the files ended up in one directory. Correctly named, but a nightmare organising the files.

Does version 4 have this or not?
Old 13th December 2010, 21:13   #70  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inventive Software View Post
Does version 4 have this or not?
It doesn't. At least not yet. However this doesn't mean it can't be added, but I don't have a good idea how to do it at the moment

Assuming we have the full paths of various source files as well as the full path of the destination folder, how to figure out which segment of the source path to append to the output path?

Always appending the full source file path (except for the drive letter, of course) to the output path might not be the best idea.

If the paths of all source files have a common prefix, it might make sense to ignore that prefix and only keep the part of the paths that differs. But that isn't that trivial to implement

(At least the "keep it simple and stupid" solution, always append the full path, would be straight forward to implement. But an exam will prevent me form coding the next 2 days)

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 13th December 2010 at 21:18.
Old 15th December 2010, 11:19   #71  |  Link
boyumeow

My gosh... U r having a exam before X'mas, should I say it is good to have it before the holidays ;P. Take Care and Enjoy your holidays season.
boyumeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 00:54   #72  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyumeow View Post
My gosh... U r having a exam before X'mas, should I say it is good to have it before the holidays ;P. Take Care and Enjoy your holidays season.
Holidays? Isn't that the time where you finally get a chance to do all the pending work that has aggregated?

@topic: FLAC support has been added.
Old 16th December 2010, 05:27   #73  |  Link
boyumeow

@Request: Would it be difficult or impossible to add "midi to wav", as I've some midi files to convert to mp3. I had to apologize that I do not know whether there is such 'convert midi to wav' apps. Anyway, I use some recording function from a apps and save it in wave format, then use your app to encode into MP3 format. Thought I could save my time if Your apps could do such wonders .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Holidays? Isn't that the time where you finally get a chance to do all the pending work that has aggregated?
Nah, Holidays is for 'Holiday pending works' while usual pending works is for the usual 'boring' days .

Thanks and Do enjoy Your Holidays with your 'Holiday pending works' .
Old 16th December 2010, 22:19   #74  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
@Request: Would it be difficult or impossible to add "midi to wav", as I've some midi files to convert to mp3. I had to apologize that I do not know whether there is such 'convert midi to wav' apps. Anyway, I use some recording function from a apps and save it in wave format, then use your app to encode into MP3 format. Thought I could save my time if Your apps could do such wonders .
MIDI files don't store audio signals. They store "notes". More specifically MIDI files store control instructions for instruments, like keyboards or synthesizers or drum-computers.

Consequently you cannot "convert" MIDI files to Wave. What you can do is using your sound-card as synthesizers and feed the MIDI instructions to it in order to "execute" the MIDI file.

That's what actually happens when you "play" the MIDI file in a media player. And of course the synthesizer's (sound card's) output could be "captured" to a Wave file.

However I'm not aware of a suitable CLI tool to integrate into LameXP that does both, use your sound card to "play" the MIDI file and "capture" the output as PCM data to a Wave file.

If you could point me to such a tool, I could integrate it into LameXP. Still the result would vary between different systems, as different systems use different sound cards...

(BTW: If you wonder why the web-site is down, it's because the web-hoster claimed the site caused too much load, although only 14 of 100 GB traffic have been used this month)

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 16th December 2010 at 22:52.
Old 18th December 2010, 18:55   #75  |  Link
johnsonlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Time to unveil the secret:
* Full Unicode support, which means that all problems with "Codepages" and "strange characters" will finally be gone!
* Support for multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS X) will be possible.
1) Unicode problem gone
2) Portable

Excellent job!
Old 19th December 2010, 02:18   #76  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonlam View Post
1) Unicode problem gone
2) Portable

Excellent job!
LameXP has always been "portable" in the way that the EXE file works "out-of-the-box" with no "installation" necessary.

The LameXP installer essentially is an SFX archive. The only exception (at the moment) is the optional WMA Decoder, which needs to be installed locally.

By the way: With the latest build encoding from Multichannel sources to MP3 should work now (thanks to SoX).

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 19th December 2010 at 17:04.
Old 20th December 2010, 00:30   #77  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Today I implemented support for AC-3 and DTS sources

Also a stupid mistake, which caused LameXP to complain if less than 222 GB of free diskspace are available, has been fixed. Of course this should be 2 GB

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 20th December 2010 at 00:37.
Old 20th December 2010, 04:38   #78  |  Link
boyumeow

222GB... I have partition my hdd to lesser amount, no harm with that complain, just annoying . Guess U have study too much, need a good new pair of spectacle or magnifying glass, just like me .

Just for your info, about the detail info from the windows explorer view I complain, it is working as it is in Win7. Guess my Vista have limitation or some bugs. So sorry for my previous post about it.

Thanks and have a great day rest, especially U might be preparing for next coming exams .
Old 20th December 2010, 15:02   #79  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
222GB... I have partition my hdd to lesser amount, no harm with that complain, just annoying . Guess U have study too much, need a good new pair of spectacle or magnifying glass, just like me .
Of course 222 GB was used for testing only, so I could trigger the warning dialog without actually having to lower my diskspace to 2 GB

This should have never gone into a "public" build, but I just forgot to change the threshold value back to 2 GB before I released the "problematic" build.

It has been fixed in the latest build, so never mind!
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:18   #80  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

The "Drop Box" widget has been implemented.

Tags
aac, aotuv, flac, lame, lamexp, mp3, mp4, ogg, oggenc, opus, vorbis