Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:45   #9  |  Link
MilesAhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_111 View Post
AVStoDVD 2.2.2 is really slow for me (first time I tried AVStoDVD). Just ~25fps with a 2.66GHz Core2Quad and default settings, I tried to convert a 40min 720p MKV (H264+AC3) with QUenc (~24fps) and HCenc (15fps@1-pass) as a test. RipBot264 and DVDRebuilder work with normal speed for me (Win7 Home Premium 64bit). Any ideas what I can do to speed it up or narrow down what causes the slow encoding?
One test isn't out and out proof, but I did a DVD-RB Pro conversion on my quad with HC 0.23 HC 0.24 May beta and HC 0.24 Sept. beta. I deleted all intermediate files between tests and used the same source with the same settings, 4 instances of HC 2 pass best profile.

The first 2 runs the video processing time was 55 minutes. But the Sept. 0.24 HC beta came in at 50 minutes. I couldn't see any qualitative difference. For @10% speed up it may be worth some copying and renaming.

edit: the other consideration is running 4 instances of HC will be with multi-threading disabled, whereas with AVStoDVD you will be running a single instance with mult-threading enabled if you're on a multi-core. So mileage may vary a bit on that score. Still, I doubt the new HC will be slower in that scenario.

Last edited by MilesAhead; 22nd October 2009 at 21:49.
MilesAhead is offline   Reply With Quote