Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 22nd December 2008, 02:22   #3481  |  Link
decayed.cell

Great program Atak, but would it be possible to have a mode that lets you select multiple files for batch processing using the same settings? Its just a bit painstaking to have to load each file one at a time for conversion
Old 22nd December 2008, 03:41   #3482  |  Link
valnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
Thank you, and thank you.

Are there any other optimizations for this iPod other than the level change?
I got it to "work". It played the video, but Ripbot doesn't understand anamorphic DVD sources? It was all stretched.
valnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 06:39   #3483  |  Link
Blackwalker

the "only" thing i'd like to see fixed soon is the loop with subtitles
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 07:38   #3484  |  Link
Blackwalker

well,
i used ripbot to make a 27GB movie (with a AC3 audio track) to fit ina 25GB blank bluray disc.
I set "2-pass", locksize 23000MB and i left bluray profile 4.0.

Video = perfect
Audio = perfect "BUT Very LOW" i mean the sound level is very low!

maybe i had to set profile 4.1?
some suggestion pls?

thx!
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:48   #3485  |  Link
bbyers70

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman9999 View Post
Hi everyone.

I'm new to the group and I'm very excited to be a member. I've been involved with video conversions for several years now but now diving into Blu-Ray source. I am converting from Blu-Ray to Apple TV and RipBot has to be one of the nicest and easyest programs that I've seen (Great Job!).

The video conversion is perfect but I have run into one snag with the audio. I am trying to get the best of both worlds when it comes to audio and I'm not sure how to do it with RipBot. As we know, AAC is only supported in an mp4 container but to get AAC+AC3 passthrough to work on an Apple TV you need to use an m4v container.

Is their anyway to do this with RipBot?

Thanks
Very easy to use RipBot264 and have a file play on an AppleTV with Dolby 5.1 sound. This is what I do for mine. I use a Windows machine to create a MKV file with AC3 for sound.

Note: If you leave the audio set to xx.COPY STREAM the audio will be extremely quiet on playback. Be sure to choose the best (highest bitrate) audio stream for the desired language and set the bitrate to 448kbps at the most. 640kbps would not playback on my AppleTV.

For the video set the bitrate to 6860kbps, 2-pass mode, autocrop and resize to HD-READY 1280x720. 6860kbps is the maxium rate that AppleTV would support once the audio was muxed into the final file. I have tested this over and over and have made many non-compatiable files. I would waste your time on type to gain a few extra bits. Apple's support says that 5000kbps is the maximum bitrate and this is only a safe limit placed by Apple in order so they dont get any backlash from consumers.

Use the MKV container and encode your file. My Core2 DUO 3.0GHz takes about 8 hours to encode a typical 100min movie.

Now I move the large MKV file to my Mac and use Quicktime to finish the job.

On the Mac make sure you have Perian installed. This allows the Mac to "comprehind" the AC3 audio.

Open up the MKV file in Quicktime (this will take a few minutes to load). DO NOT PLAY the file once loaded. Now save the file as a MOV. File / Save As.

The file can now be loaded into iTunes and played on the AppleTV. The AppleTV (with firmware 2.3) will note on the screen that the movie is a HD movie by playing a HD logo next to the title.

Note: Tagging the MOV file will support all the same tags as the M4V counterpart with the exception of the MPAA rating. Loosing the MPAA rating logo was a tradeoff for me in order to have an HD movie with Dolby 5.1 sound.

Note: Use can also add an AAC track to the MOV file by using Quicktime. This will allow you to keep a single copy of the movie in the event you have a second and/or third AppleTV (like I do) that is not connected to an audio receiver. The second/third AppleTV is in our master bedroom and the kids play room.
bbyers70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 01:35   #3486  |  Link
bigggt

Is there any setting or profile that will work with PSP and the new ipod touch

thanks
Old 23rd December 2008, 01:44   #3487  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

the ipod profile has worked for me.
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 02:28   #3488  |  Link
bigggt

thanks bt but the last time i tried the ipod profile it would not play on the PSP
Old 23rd December 2008, 03:01   #3489  |  Link
jamd1

Does anyone know if the recent PS3 updates have changed codecs that no longer support AAC audio with mp4?
Some of the Early Blurays I converted with ripbot to mp4 no longer play audio on my PS3. They worked fine several months ago???
I only make AVCHD's now.

Last edited by jamd1; 23rd December 2008 at 03:03.
jamd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 03:09   #3490  |  Link
mmmmdonut

One thing to point out on Apple TV (version 2.3) and AAC+AC3 is if file is in mp4 format and is missing the AAC stream, then you get no audio.
mmmmdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:05   #3491  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by decayed.cell View Post
Great program Atak, but would it be possible to have a mode that lets you select multiple files for batch processing using the same settings? Its just a bit painstaking to have to load each file one at a time for conversion
That would be awesome. The lengthy load time as compared to XVID4PSP and Handbrake are really the only negatives about RipBot for me. Of course, how would you handle the crop setting? I guess as long as you selected "automatic" it could just apply that to each individual source...?

Anyhow, I would have loved to quickly set up a bunch of movies to encode over my vacation....and let her rip!
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:06   #3492  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamd1 View Post
Does anyone know if the recent PS3 updates have changed codecs that no longer support AAC audio with mp4?
Some of the Early Blurays I converted with ripbot to mp4 no longer play audio on my PS3. They worked fine several months ago???
I only make AVCHD's now.
I haven't encoded a file small enough to actually play on the PS3. It still irritates me that we're limited to a max file size of 4GB.
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:07   #3493  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwalker View Post
well,
i used ripbot to make a 27GB movie (with a AC3 audio track) to fit ina 25GB blank bluray disc.
I set "2-pass", locksize 23000MB and i left bluray profile 4.0.

Video = perfect
Audio = perfect "BUT Very LOW" i mean the sound level is very low!

maybe i had to set profile 4.1?
some suggestion pls?

thx!
Yeah, the volume is very low for me too...I am unaware of a place to change the level.
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:21   #3494  |  Link
hekoheko

Why doesnt RipBot DO anything, just skips to complete, I know someone asked it before but cant find the post...
I would use ripbot to add black borders to 1920x816 or similar movies to achieve standard blu-ray resolution...
hekoheko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:41   #3495  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...10#post1222910

Quote:
I only make AVCHD's now.
I have no problems with v2.53

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 23rd December 2008 at 14:47.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:02   #3496  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Yeah, the volume is very low for me too...I am unaware of a place to change the level.
Atak any solution about this? thx!
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:06   #3497  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Instead of Copy stream select AC3 640 kbps
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:13   #3498  |  Link
wolfbane5

I've been using RipBot264 (latest version 1.11.5?) recently, creating mkv's of a few movies from my collection. Just recently a problem occurred and it doesn't seem to go away. I've been using the guide posted on videohelp.com to create the mkv's and normally Pass 1 takes 2.5-3.5 hours and Pass 2 takes anywhere from 8-11 hrs, depending on size, length, frames, etc. Anyway, recently I started encoding The Incredible Hulk and instead of taking a few hours for Pass 1, it only took 30 mins. I looked back and it was only giving me 20-30 kbps and about 100 fps. I don't know what happened here, but I also tried encoding Blood Diamond and the same issue came up. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I have been using the High@L4.1 profile with 5 Ref frames (no other changes to the profile), if that helps.

Last edited by wolfbane5; 23rd December 2008 at 22:14.
wolfbane5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:20   #3499  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Do you get picture in Preview?

Quote:
By the way, I have been using the High@L4.1 profile with 5 Reframes (no other changes to the profile), if that helps.
5 ref frames are probably to high for level 4.1 1080p. However it's ok for 720p.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 23rd December 2008 at 21:28.
Old 23rd December 2008, 22:12   #3500  |  Link
wolfbane5

Yes, I do get picture in preview. I'm a bit of a quality nut, hence the 5 Ref frames. Any more than 5, the quality difference is marginal. I've been creating 720p rips, not 1080p just to clarify. Guess I forgot to mention that in my previous post. :S
wolfbane5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360