Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 8th February 2011, 23:17   #1  |  Link
Rekisu

slowSUP - *.ass looking subtitles in a *.sup file

Hi everyone,

I whipped up this tool the other day for personal use, and I decided to post it here in the hopes it might get incorporated into something like multiAVCHD/easySUP.

slowSUP is a script for converting .ass subtitle files found in MKV's into AVCHD/Blu-ray compatible .sup file. How this differs to, say, easySUP is that the converted subtitles hold an exact likeness to what you would see if playing the video on your computer. Animations and karaoke might be a bit off, but font, colours, positioning, etc should all be there.

This script simply makes use of the latest versions of a few of the tools found in multiAVCHD: mkvextract, avs2bdnxml and bdsup2sub.

Download: slowSUP

Requirements:
Codecs, Avisynth

How to use:
1) Download and extract slowSUP
2) Open command prompt (Start -> Run -> type in 'cmd')
3) Drag and drop creat_sup.bat into command prompt
4) Input the resolution of your video file (supported resolutions: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576i, 480p, 480i)
5) Drag and drop the MKV file(s) you wish to have SUP subtitles made from (it will batch convert if you give it multiple MKV's)
6) Push enter and wait (it is slowSUP for a reason)
7) Check the MKV's source folder for the .sup file

Example (your cmd screen might say something like this):
C:\>"C:\slowSUP\create_sup.bat" 720p "C:\my_movie.mkv"

Note: This script is currently very simple, and chances are you will run into some problems. For the time being it also assumes that subtitles are on mkv track 3 (as this tends to be most common).

If there is enough of a response I'll start working on upgrading it and probably make a GUI for it.

Enjoy
Rekisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 00:48   #2  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

I'm sorry, I don't see the difference from easySUP. But I'm really interested to see what you have cooked up. Will be testing as soon as I got the time

//LD
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 01:44   #3  |  Link
hamletiii

Yeah, if you use BDSup2Sub as a component, the subtitle will get screwed... The animation stuff will definitely NOT work, just give up.
hamletiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
subtitle conversion