Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 31st March 2018, 13:58   #27181  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrsrfr View Post
I've imported 4 DVDs of season 1 of Jessica Jones to BD, but the 13 episodes are sequenced out of order from how they were on the DVDs. For example, the 2nd episode on the menu after importing is actually the third one from the DVD. Can this still be an issue? I found the post above, but didn't come across a newer post that might have indicated how to resolve this

Any suggestions appreciated.
It all depends on the authoring. The best that BD-RB can do is make a best guess as to the ordering. Some discs have no rhyme or reason as to the order -- and in those cases it's up to you to reorder them (from the import menu).

The only way to get around this would be for me to write an interpreter for the instruction sequence in the DVD -- and that is way beyond what I'd intended in the import function.

What I do in this instance is look at the times for the episodes on the original, and then compare them to those on the import menu. I then reorder them from the menu if they are out of sequence.

Last edited by jdobbs; 31st March 2018 at 14:00.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2018, 17:11   #27182  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It all depends on the authoring. The best that BD-RB can do is make a best guess as to the ordering. Some discs have no rhyme or reason as to the order -- and in those cases it's up to you to reorder them (from the import menu).

The only way to get around this would be for me to write an interpreter for the instruction sequence in the DVD -- and that is way beyond what I'd intended in the import function.
OK, thanks for the quick response - I wasn't sure if I need to change a setting or do something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
What I do in this instance is look at the times for the episodes on the original, and then compare them to those on the import menu. I then reorder them from the menu if they are out of sequence.
Great suggestion - I'll keep an eye on that going forward. I appreciate the feedback.
slvrsrfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2018, 19:06   #27183  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

@jdobbs previously i was using software base mode to do my 3D processing. I've just enabled the iGPU (6700k) on my system to see if hardware encoding (quicksync) makes any difference. Do i need to set any options in the ini file to go from sw to hw?

which settings do you recommend on a 6700k? Software enc/dec, software enc, hw dec? Hardware enc/software dec? Hw enc & dec? How do you force hw?

FRIM_SW_DECODE=0
FRIM_SW_ENCODE=0

results in good decode but failed encode, so does 0/1. Removing both starts encoding but at 12FPS, i don't think it's doing hardware based encoding

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 31st March 2018 at 19:45.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2018, 21:27   #27184  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
@jdobbs previously i was using software base mode to do my 3D processing. I've just enabled the iGPU (6700k) on my system to see if hardware encoding (quicksync) makes any difference. Do i need to set any options in the ini file to go from sw to hw?

which settings do you recommend on a 6700k? Software enc/dec, software enc, hw dec? Hardware enc/software dec? Hw enc & dec? How do you force hw?

FRIM_SW_DECODE=0
FRIM_SW_ENCODE=0

results in good decode but failed encode, so does 0/1. Removing both starts encoding but at 12FPS, i don't think it's doing hardware based encoding
I don't have experience with the 6700k, so I'm not sure I can be of much help. But make sure you download the latest drivers -- as that seems to be the most common issue that causes failed encodes. I ran into the same thing with my i5-based laptop a while back -- and the driver update solved it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 31st March 2018 at 21:30.
Old 31st March 2018, 21:57   #27185  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

I did, it's just 'stuck' after demuxing for a few seconds. Then aborts. Any hidden options? Did multiple reboots, no success yet

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
Old 1st April 2018, 10:49   #27186  |  Link
kufo

@Ch3vr0n
I did my experiments and went the same way. I have the I7 4790K and I'm stuck with 12fps. HW DECODE / ENCODE with frim would certainly run much faster. If I find out something new, I will report this here.
Perhaps there has to be a new entry in the hidden options text like FRIM_HW_DECODE=1 and FRRIM_HW_ENCODE=1.
@jdobbs
Would that be possible?

Last edited by kufo; 1st April 2018 at 10:51.
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 11:17   #27187  |  Link
gonca

From HIDDENOPTS.txt

Quote:
FRIM_SW_DECODE=n n = 0/1 - if set to 1 (default), FRIMDecode uses software decoding, 0 uses automatic detection
FRIM_SW_ENCODE=n n = 0/1 - if set to 1 (default), FRIMEncode uses software encoding, 0 uses automatic detection
Quote:
FRIM_HW_DECODE=1 and FRRIM_HW_ENCODE=0.

Last edited by gonca; 1st April 2018 at 11:19.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 12:18   #27188  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
From HIDDENOPTS.txt
Weird, I did a search on 'frim' in hisdenopts and it only found the sw ones. To do HW on both, I set those 2 to '1'?

Old 1st April 2018, 12:43   #27189  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Weird, I did a search on 'frim' in hisdenopts and it only found the sw ones. To do HW on both, I set those 2 to '1'?

The post was in reply to the one prior to yours
To force HW use FRIM_xxx=0, if it detects the iGPU it will use hardware
Old 1st April 2018, 13:18   #27190  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Well this is just weird

FRIM_HW_ENC=0 => 12FPS approx, HW_ENC=0: 8FPS
Old 1st April 2018, 13:23   #27191  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Well this is just weird

Try
FRIM_SW_DECODE=0
FRIM_SW_ENCODE=0
Old 1st April 2018, 13:26   #27192  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Well this is just weird

There are no FRIM_HW settings. It's just FRIM_SW_DECODE and FRIM_SW_ENCODE. Setting them to 0 implies HW (automatic detection).

All the settings do is change the FRIM command line to/from "-sw" and "-hw". For it to work, the system has to be configured to support HW encoding and have the proper drivers. That's about it. BD-RB's involvement in that process is minimal.

Is there a bios setting for the gpu maybe?

I'm using FRIM v1.25 by default in BD-RB. If you can't get it to work, maybe try downloading a newer FRIM version (with the DLLS). Beware, though, I'm not sure what changes have been made of if it will even work.

Last edited by jdobbs; 1st April 2018 at 13:45.
Old 1st April 2018, 14:22   #27193  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

the bios iGPU has been enabled yes, CloneBD for example detects QuickSync (where it previously didn't). Ah well, guess i need more tinkering. Latest intel drivers are installed, if you can point me to the place to grab frim i'll take a look

** edit ** found them on https://www.videohelp.com/software/FRIM

updated to 1.27

FRIM_SW_DECODE=0
FRIM_SW_ENCODE=0

results in what i earlier said a "pause" of 10-15sec when encoding is about to start and then "failed"

DECODE=0 and ENCODE=1 = fail
DECODE=1 and ENCODE=0 = fail

removing BOTH entries, encoding starts at the "normal" 10-12FPS

i'm outta idea's. Even did multiple googles and they all say something like "connect to VGA" for the iGPU at some point. Problem: there's no such option in windows 10

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 1st April 2018 at 16:31.
Old 1st April 2018, 16:55   #27194  |  Link
worknstiff

@ Ch3vr0n: RE: i'm outta idea's.

I have the same 6700K and I get BD_Rebuilder FRIM running at 88 FPS by using this in my config.ini file.

Options]
VERSION=0.50.0.24
ENCODER=0
MODE=0
ENABLE_TEST=1
BLANK_THRESHOLD=0
MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=03
MIN_M2TS_SIZE=5
ENCODE_QUALITY=2
ONEPASS_ENCODING=0
AUTO_QUALITY=0
TARGET_SIZE=24350
FORCE_ENCODE=0
FRIM_SW_DECODE=1
FRIM_SW_ENCODE=0
PRIORITY_CLASS=2

Also intel has a pretty good program on their website to automatically find updated drivers for your motherboard and CPU at ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ ) and click on "Get Started" to download the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) program. It will check all your intel stuff. I use it occasionally but I uninstall it after I use it to keep it from running every startup.

Hope this helps.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 17:01   #27195  |  Link
gonca

Could it be an A/V issue since HW encoding requires access to the drivers, or maybe set FRIM to run as Administrator for a test
Old 1st April 2018, 17:41   #27196  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Tried 1/0, fails to start encoding. Decodes fine. No idea what the PRIORITY one is but can't find it in hiddenopts. You've got a GPU installed too like i do (GTX 1080)? Already running latest drivers. That's the first thing i did after enabling the igpu in the bios. Setting SW_DECODE to 1 and leaving the other one out works too, but at the "normal" software FPS.

No overclocking is going on btw.

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 1st April 2018 at 17:46.
Old 1st April 2018, 18:10   #27197  |  Link
worknstiff

RE: No idea what the PRIORITY one is?
I think it's under "Setting" and "Encoder Settings", where you can choose "Normal, Idle, or High". I have mine set at High.

RE: No overclocking is going on btw.
I have mine overclocked with a 47 multiplier all cores btw.

Have you looked under device manager to see if you have a second "greyed" out monitor listed? I think you have to hook up and run the monitor on the integrated graphics connector at least once for it to enable Quicksync, or at least that's what I had to do with my old 2600K.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 21:12   #27198  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

No greyed out ones listed. Just 2 standard "General PnP-Display". But i believe you're wrong on the last part. Elby's CloneBD can utilise QuickSync just fine (hw decoding and encoding) WITHOUT any display hooked up to the onboard hdmi.
Old 2nd April 2018, 17:01   #27199  |  Link
CraigWally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Zeppelin View Post
Anyone else have A/V sync issues w/The Last Jedi??? It seems that the soundtracks lags a good second behind the video. I got a good, clean AnyDVD to ISO in that that ISO plays fine, but the BD-Rebuilder ISO has the lag.

Advice appreciated!!
No, mine just works fine. Tested on standalone too
CraigWally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 22:17   #27200  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Zeppelin View Post
Anyone else have A/V sync issues w/The Last Jedi??? It seems that the soundtracks lags a good second behind the video. I got a good, clean AnyDVD to ISO in that that ISO plays fine, but the BD-Rebuilder ISO has the lag.

Advice appreciated!!
I recommend you uninstall and reinstall the LAV filters or FFDSHOW (or both depending on what you have installed). Make sure they are ONLY the versions listed in the first post of this thread. Sometimes other software installs can override them and cause sync issues. Other versions can also cause sync issues.