Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th August 2009, 02:12   #581  |  Link
TheRyuu
warpsharpened

ffms2-mt-03082009.rar

Svn build as of today (i.e. fixed vc1 decoding, etc...)

ffmpeg-mt had one minor update fixing the huff decoding problem (i.e. fixing the mt part instead of me just disabling the threading).
Other then that it is the same.

Built with:
MSVC 2008 (FFMS2)
GCC 4.4.0 (ffmpeg and libraries (libfaad, opencore, static pthread))

Last edited by TheRyuu; 4th August 2009 at 10:58. Reason: Missing closing )
TheRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 17:12   #582  |  Link
Taqyon

Hi Guys

I'm trying to open a VC-1 file or M2TS file, but I get a codec error in VirtualDub.

My script:

LoadPlugin ("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("c:\Test.m2ts")

I'm using the build "ffms2-mt-03082009.rar".

Thanks
Taqyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 18:00   #583  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqyon View Post
Hi Guys

I'm trying to open a VC-1 file or M2TS file, but I get a codec error in VirtualDub.

My script:

LoadPlugin ("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("c:\Test.m2ts")

I'm using the build "ffms2-mt-03082009.rar".

Thanks
Give. Me. A. Sample. Now.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:42   #584  |  Link
moviefan

I have indexed a .264 raw file stream with the ffmsindex.exe file and thus created a .ffindex index-file. When I load the .264 video stream and the cache file like this:

Code:
FFVideoSource("file.264", cachefile="file.264.ffindex")
and the files are named like this, the index seems to be recreated... When I load this script into VirtualDub, there's no picture for a long time. What's wrong???

Edit: Now after a long time, VirtualDub reports "video track is unseekable"... Oh, and by the way, probably a very long-term suggestion (and I know this is really challenging): It would be really extremely great, if FFmpegSource was GPU assisted and not only by Nvidia cards, but also by ATI cards, so the code would have to be in either OpenCL or CUDA and ATI Stream... That would be totally amazing.

Last edited by moviefan; 5th August 2009 at 16:14.
moviefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 17:18   #585  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefan View Post
I have indexed a .264 raw file stream with the ffmsindex.exe file and thus created a .ffindex index-file. When I load the .264 video stream and the cache file like this:

Code:
FFVideoSource("file.264", cachefile="file.264.ffindex")
and the files are named like this, the index seems to be recreated... When I load this script into VirtualDub, there's no picture for a long time. What's wrong???

Edit: Now after a long time, VirtualDub reports "video track is unseekable"... Oh, and by the way, probably a very long-term suggestion (and I know this is really challenging): It would be really extremely great, if FFmpegSource was GPU assisted and not only by Nvidia cards, but also by ATI cards, so the code would have to be in either OpenCL or CUDA and ATI Stream... That would be totally amazing.
That's because the stream is unseekable. The parser in LAVF does not support it, the end. Use seekmode=-1 if you really need to do it that way or mux it into a real container like mkv or mp4. Indexing will always work because it doesn't have to seek at all.

Now for a refresh in GPU (de)coding. ATI's stream is dead. DEAD. What you call "CUDA" is nvidia only and is using their decoder chip. Looking at the dgdecodeNV stuff I'm not impressed by the limitations at all. Also I hate nvidia so unless someone sends me a good set of SLI cards I'd never bother. OpenCL isn't available yet so good luck with that...

The only currently working acceleration built into FFmpeg is more or less linux+nvidia only. I think they're going to add yet another video acceleration API but windows support has never been one of their big strenghts. You're most likely better off investing in a threescoresofcores cpu and using the FFmpeg-mt builds, they're very stable nowadays.

Summary: I'd rather make something that works but thanks for asking

Last edited by Myrsloik; 5th August 2009 at 17:23.
Myrsloik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 17:05   #586  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Another small change with possibly big effects to test... This time it's a fix for the NVOPs found in many xvid files which would throw off linear decoding. It appears to work on all of my test files but it's still possible that some encoders for random reasons write their NVOPs differently, and it may still break in those cases.

http://ivtc.org/new/beta/FFMS2_nvop_fix_test.rar
Old 9th August 2009, 11:09   #587  |  Link
Bumsfalara

Could someone please tell me how to use the SWScale function properly?

My avisynthscript looks like this:

Code:
LoadPlugin ("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("F:\Dokumente\DVDFab\test.mkv", cachefile="F:\Dokumente\DVDFab\test.ffindex").SWScale(width =1280, height =720, resizer = "SPLINE", colorspace="YV12")
I always get the following error:
Code:
AviSynth script error:
SWScale: Context creation failed
*blahblah*

I looked into the documention: It seems that Swscale needs some input that is called "clip". The Problem is: I have no idea what i meant by this.

Thanks for your help
Old 9th August 2009, 11:18   #588  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

"clip" is the implicit first argument of each Avisynth function.

If you call Foobar().SWScale(...), then "clip" will be the return value of Foobar(), so you don't need to set "clip" explicitly here.

Of course you could also do it like this:
c = Foobar()
SWScale(clip = c, ...)

However I'm getting the same "SWScale: Context creation failed" error when trying to use SWScale(). Not sure what it means...

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 9th August 2009 at 12:49.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 15:34   #589  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumsfalara View Post
Could someone please tell me how to use the SWScale function properly?
"SWScale: Context creation failed" is the generic unknown error message and it was caused by trying to pass incorrect flags to it. I'll post another test version with the fix once I finish implementing the last part of the RFF flag support. (I hate force film, do you?)
Old 12th August 2009, 01:31   #590  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

A new test version for you. No opencore-amr compiled in this time though. No ffmsindex.exe either because it needs to be updated too.

http://ivtc.org/new/beta/FFMS2_rff_test.rar

The main news are RFF flag support. This means you can now throw away DGDecode for most encoding purposes and DGAVCSource if you're encoding from the mkv or mp4 containers. The new setting is called rffmode where 0=ignore flags, 1=honor pulldown flags and 2=force film. (don't use force film, instead use tfm(d2v=...) or something, maybe I'll add fake d2v writing some day)

It also changes the behavior on indexing when errors are encountered when decoding audio to possibly be more compatible. There should be no change in behavior for completely correct files. The FFPP and SWScale avisynth filters also have a bug fixed that would cause them to not work or use other settings than specified.

TEST IT AND REPORT THE RESULTS ON YOUR FAVORITE VOB OR FILE WITH AUDIO THAT WOULDN'T INDEX BEFORE.

Last edited by Myrsloik; 12th August 2009 at 01:46.
Old 13th August 2009, 19:27   #591  |  Link
thewebchat
Advanced Blogging

Is this because "force film" mode doesn't work in FFMS2 or is it because you want everyone to run TFM on progressive frames?
thewebchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 20:43   #592  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewebchat View Post
Is this because "force film" mode doesn't work in FFMS2 or is it because you want everyone to run TFM on progressive frames?
It's because force film is quite a bad idea. Unless it truly is 100% undeniably film everywhere guaranteed exactly (in which case ignoring the pulldown flags will have the same effect, btw). Consider these two scenarios:

What happens if you use TFM(d2v=...) and honor pulldown flags is that it will take its matches from the d2v. Only in the irregular ntsc portions (or portions where the match using the field suggested by the d2v is horribly bad, I assume) will it revert to good old field matching. Combine with TDecimate and you have something that can properly handle slight irregularities.

What happens with force film is that you ignore every single pulldown flag when creating the output. Instead you just check to see if you need to duplicate or drop a frame as encoded in the source to keep the total number of frames intact. The result is that one single "interlaced" frame/orphaned field in the source will almost unconditionally be present in all its eye cancer glory.

Force film is just there to make it feature complete. Never use it if you have a choice. Also, my implementation can handle frame duplication and tripling unlike the DG tools (just a small note, I've never seen a stream that actually does it).
Old 14th August 2009, 16:11   #593  |  Link
mavinashbabu

Hi,

I had downloaded FFMpeg binaries from Google Code Downloads link. I copied .dll's, .exe and .avsi to \Avisynth\Plugins\ folder, i get error Avisynth is not installed make sure it is installed first, and same error if i copy them into \windows\system32 folder except for .avsi file.

Can i get help here if i have to make it work? i am using DSS() and i was adviced to use FFVideoSource() instead of DSS().

Thanks
Avinash
mavinashbabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 14:01   #594  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavinashbabu View Post
Hi,

Nothing that makes sense here...

Thanks
Avinash
Step 1: Include all relevant information
Step 2: Hope that someone cares

I have no idea what you did but it's not right. Stop putting random things in system32. What says avisynth isn't installed? Did you even install avisynth?
Old 15th August 2009, 21:12   #595  |  Link
mavinashbabu

hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have Avisynth installed and is working fine.

I downloaded FFMS from this link http://ffmpegsource.googlecode.com/f...ce-2.00b10.rar

I opened archive and copied ffms2.dll and ffmsindex.exe from archive and copied it to Avisynth\plugins folder, but when i say FFVideoSource("Media_File_Name") or FFMpegSource2() i get error saying saying "there is no function named" for both the functions

Then i copied ffms2.avsi i try to use above functions FFVS() or FFMs2(), i get avisynth not installed error, but it is.

Then i put the ffms2.dll and ffmsindex.exe in \windows\system32 folder thought it would help, but i got the same error messages as above.

I hope i am clear in explaining.

Thanks,
Avinash
Old 15th August 2009, 21:16   #596  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavinashbabu View Post
I opened archive and copied ffms2.dll and ffmsindex.exe from archive and copied it to Avisynth\plugins folder, but when i say FFVideoSource("Media_File_Name") or FFMpegSource2() i get error saying saying "there is no function named" for both the functions
What happens if you say loadplugin("X:/whateverfolder/ffms2.dll") at the top of the script (replace the path with the one on your computer, obviously)?
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 21:16   #597  |  Link
SEt

Feature request: export variable with true time of current frame. Would be best to have it also as string like info().

ffms2.avsi in the release is missing '\' at the end of line 6.
SEt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 21:22   #598  |  Link
mavinashbabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
What happens if you say loadplugin("X:/whateverfolder/ffms2.dll") at the top of the script (replace the path with the one on your computer, obviously)?
Thanks for the tip, i will try and reply back
Old 15th August 2009, 21:24   #599  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEt View Post
Feature request: export variable with true time of current frame. Would be best to have it also as string like info().

ffms2.avsi in the release is missing '\' at the end of line 6.
How do you want that to be exported? I don't think a float will be precise enough and there are no doubles in avisynth. What about rational form like it's stored? It would mean timebase numerator, denominator and the multiple of that. Or just as an int with the number of ms elapsed since the clip start?

I don't like to export things as strings, there's always one more formatting option you have to add. It's material for ffms2.avsi if anything.

The missing \ has been fixed in the RFF test already.

Last edited by Myrsloik; 15th August 2009 at 21:27.
Old 15th August 2009, 21:31   #600  |  Link
mavinashbabu

If i say this --> Loadplugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2.dll")

It works for FFVideoSource() but FFmpegSource2() still says There is no function named "FFMpegSource2()"

Thanks,
Avinash