Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 11th January 2010, 15:49   #6541  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire199 View Post
Using newest build 31.06. I am having trouble with the extraction of the A/V streams. It is going REALLY slow, sometimes so slow that computer reports "not responding" I know this is not BDRB, I am asking if anyone has encountered this cuz I don't even know where to start debuggging. More info - this is on the Orphan blu-ray, which is VC-1. There is only 1 stream. I have W7 Ultimate 64bit, and I followed the tweak by MickJT on "SOLUTION to Windows 7 (32 and 64bit) VC-1 video with AviSynth". I am doing movie only, DVD 9, default speed. I am using two external drives connected by firewire (thru the computer). Any help would be appreciated.
Have no idea what that tweak is -- but I can assure you that with BD-RB v0.31.06 it isn't needed if you installed the software listed on the first post of this thread, and for all I know the tweak may be doing harm rather than good. With that said, AVISYNTH has no impact on extracting...

I'm not sure what your definition of "really slow" is -- but extracting AV streams takes time no matter what. You're talking about an extreme amount of data that has to be scanned and rewritten (up to almost 50GB). If your system is moving data at 25MB/sec (which is pretty fast) it would still take 30 minutes or so in a perfect situation -- and perfect situations are rare.

Extracting time is, for the most part, a function of your disc speed, disc type, drive controller, remaining space, and degree of fragmentation. If you have anything else running at the same time, or if your virus software is looking at everything you write, it can really, really slow you down. I personally turned real-time virus scanning and search indexing off on the drive(s) I use for blu-ray backups.

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th January 2010 at 15:56.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 21:45   #6542  |  Link
slayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoniG View Post
Hi jdobbs, first thanks for your work on this so useful app. As already mentionned here : http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...13#post1349513 , I have also issue to rebuild BD that contains the main movie on multiple m2ts. All the rebuild process work at a glance, absolutely no problem. No, the problem is to playback correctly these kind of movie. When you watch it, there is a ~one second freeze at the end of each m2ts clip transition while the sound continue without issue. I tried to rebuild Stargate wich contain a theatrical and extended version, the source is VC1, transcoded in high quality with x264, played directly on TotalMedia3, the issue is present whatever I set on BDRebuilder. 1 pass, 2 pass, fast, slow quality, with or without the secondary video, different Haali/FFDshow (I now use your last links), different tweak pass like : with or without pyramid, there is nothing to do, the issue is ever present as soon as it is transcoded from VC1 to 264. My only solution is to remux the movie on TSMuxer or BDClown, rework the playlist, m2ts, BD structure to make it work with the menu etc... before rebuild it. Well, it do the trick but leave 2 problems : it's very time consuming and you have to choose one movie version and say byebye to the others. If you have a workaround for that or even an explaination, I would appreciate. Without that, for me the app is very stable, easy and effective. Thanks for that!

I have Noticed this as well. Might not be at 1 sec all the time (24 frames), but at least any where from 3 to 13 frames of video. (thanks SoniG )

I have also mention this to Jobbs, not sure why he seems to not think it is an issue. It has however been an issue since BD re builders 1st version. I have applied the same work around as you did.. At least the Audio does not drift out of sync as it did with previous versions....

The New version of DVD FAB actually rencodes the multiple main (movie only) m2ts (as is...) Compressing them and then codes the play list to play all the parts as one, vs muxing them all together. (DVD FAb Does not Support full back up Menu ect,) Of Coarse DVD FAB does not offer compression options as far as quality goes, But at least it is a start in the right direction...

Jobbs..... (Just a thoughts on future versions of bd rebuilder supporting that?)

Thanks..

Last edited by slayers; 11th January 2010 at 23:59.
slayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 02:05   #6543  |  Link
SoniG

Hi Slayer, yeah the problem do exist and is really present, it's not our imagination or a config issue, and you right it's more about 3-13i than 24. I read you about DVDFab but did you test it and well observe there was not the same issue with it? Is someone test this with powerdvd to see if it has the same issue? I already can't understand what cause this problem seen I verified each m2ts files and did not notice any strange duplicated frames at the end of them. I will take a look at DVDFab but I think process the m2ts in batch in RipBot264 would give a better result if you tell me there is no advanced x264 settings in DVDFab. But beyond all of that, I'm here to report this issue to jdobbs and would prefere here, to read him, and know what he thinks about it!

Last edited by SoniG; 12th January 2010 at 02:09. Reason: Add infos
SoniG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 02:51   #6544  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoniG View Post
Hi Slayer, yeah the problem do exist and is really present, it's not our imagination or a config issue, and you right it's more about 3-13i than 24. I read you about DVDFab but did you test it and well observe there was not the same issue with it? Is someone test this with powerdvd to see if it has the same issue? I already can't understand what cause this problem seen I verified each m2ts files and did not notice any strange duplicated frames at the end of them. I will take a look at DVDFab but I think process the m2ts in batch in RipBot264 would give a better result if you tell me there is no advanced x264 settings in DVDFab. But beyond all of that, I'm here to report this issue to jdobbs and would prefere here, to read him, and know what he thinks about it!
Have you tried it on a standalone player? From the prior reports it seems the issue is with TotalMedia rather than BD-RB, but you never know.
Old 12th January 2010, 02:53   #6545  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayers View Post
I have Noticed this as well. Might not be at 1 sec all the time (24 frames), but at least any where from 3 to 13 frames of video. (thanks SoniG )

I have also mention this to Jobbs, not sure why he seems to not think it is an issue. It has however been an issue since BD re builders 1st version. I have applied the same work around as you did.. At least the Audio does not drift out of sync as it did with previous versions....

The New version of DVD FAB actually rencodes the multiple main (movie only) m2ts (as is...) Compressing them and then codes the play list to play all the parts as one, vs muxing them all together. (DVD FAb Does not Support full back up Menu ect,) Of Coarse DVD FAB does not offer compression options as far as quality goes, But at least it is a start in the right direction...

Jobbs..... (Just a thoughts on future versions of bd rebuilder supporting that?)

Thanks..
If I did that -- it wouldn't be a true backup (like the original). It's better to figure it out and fix the problem than to screw up the source by changing the authoring. JMHO.
Old 12th January 2010, 09:13   #6546  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs
Quote:
If I did that -- it wouldn't be a true backup (like the original).
If you consider that (other than branching/multi-angles) the ONLY reason that I'm aware of, for splitting a main movie into multiple .M2Ts files is a feeble attempt at copy protection, perhaps you'd feel more comfortable in doing the suggested joining. After all, the original that's being fed to BD-RB has already been stripped of AACs and, possibly, BD+, so that BD-RB's output is not truly "like the original" ...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 13:09   #6547  |  Link
SoniG

Well jdobbs, I will try to test on Powerdvd but I had to restart my rebuild cause I a bit screwed up the directory in testing it. And my opinion is I have no issue playing original BD on TMT3 whatever it is, as I have no issue playing some ps3 movie BD that also have h264 m2ts 4GB splitted files. So the issue come from the BDRebuilder process and I don't think most of us want to go with Powerdvd that force you to create an iso. But I agree if TMT3 is the only guilty, to find a solution at the player side, that's why I asked if someone notice or not this issue on Powerdvd. Will give you my report in a few days. For setarip_old, I don't think multi m2ts movie is a copy protection attempt. It is just used to create multiple version of the movie in the same BD wich wouldn't be possible if you had to duplicate all the data twice or three times for a few of them.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:18   #6548  |  Link
saphire199

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Have no idea what that tweak is -- but I can assure you that with BD-RB v0.31.06 it isn't needed if you installed the software listed on the first post of this thread, and for all I know the tweak may be doing harm rather than good. With that said, AVISYNTH has no impact on extracting...

I'm not sure what your definition of "really slow" is -- but extracting AV streams takes time no matter what. You're talking about an extreme amount of data that has to be scanned and rewritten (up to almost 50GB). If your system is moving data at 25MB/sec (which is pretty fast) it would still take 30 minutes or so in a perfect situation -- and perfect situations are rare.

Extracting time is, for the most part, a function of your disc speed, disc type, drive controller, remaining space, and degree of fragmentation. If you have anything else running at the same time, or if your virus software is looking at everything you write, it can really, really slow you down. I personally turned real-time virus scanning and search indexing off on the drive(s) I use for blu-ray backups.
The tweak I'm talking about was post #5954, Nov 13, 2009. When I installed W7, I had a problem with audio sync issues, then I saw this tweak and it worked. But I also see in 31.04 changelog that you addressed this issue. So I'm gonna get rid of the tweak and see what happens (I know that this has nothing to do with the extraction, just wld rather run BDRB as is)

When I say really slow, I mean over several hours the amount of data extracted doesn't even show up on the progress indicator - where usually, it just fills right up. I got what you said about possibilities and anti-virus, so I will lokk into this more and get it figured out. Thanks for help.
saphire199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 19:16   #6549  |  Link
SoniG

Ok same problem with Powerdvd, a bit better, frame freeze about 2 or 3 frames at the end of each m2ts, but the original don't freeze at all. And I just would like to say, about stability and Media Center integration, Powerdvd is a real piece of sh**. I understand why HTPC users use TMT3. I have no issue with some PS3 m2ts splitted movies BD that used x264, so here is my 2 cents, the way BD Rebuilder restructure the BD at the end, convert the Playlists files, play with Java files or something like that. Another remark about the issue to manage the Secondary Audio on BD Rebuilder, particularly when it use the stupid DTS Express format. I read you that there was no codec or splitter that support this. Well what I can tell you is I managed to recover the PiP Bonus secondary video with his sound in using BDClown. The secondary audio track is well reconized as DTS Express, and not DTS-HD as in BDR, I chose to convert it to AC3 192kbps in BDClown output options and outed that as a m2ts file and it works just fine. For your information, BDClown uses TSMuxer and eac3to. And to finish, all these issues is present in the same BD : Stargate, Director's Cut, 15th Anniversary, a nice brain-teaser that would become your new challenge!
Old 12th January 2010, 23:24   #6550  |  Link
setarip_old

@SoniG

Hi!
Quote:
For setarip_old, I don't think multi m2ts movie is a copy protection attempt.
I'll presume you haven't seen that many BluRay discs and I'll just say you're mistaken

Quote:
It is just used to create multiple version of the movie in the same BD
I've already made a similar statement in my previous post ("If you consider that (other than branching/multi-angles) the ONLY reason that I'm aware of, for splitting a main movie into multiple .M2Ts files is a feeble attempt at copy protection")
Old 12th January 2010, 23:33   #6551  |  Link
nurbs

But how can it be copy protection at all? The playlist is on the disc and chaining multiple files hasn't been a problem with DVDs. Also I've got some really old blu-rays and HDDVDs and I'm pretty sure both had the main features in multiple .m2ts and .evo files although the were released before the copy protection was broken. Maybe it's just the authoring platforms they use that does that for some (not necessarily good) reason.
nurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 01:46   #6552  |  Link
setarip_old

@nurbs

Hi!
Quote:
But how can it be copy protection at all?
I didn't say that it was EFFECTIVE copy protection NOWADAYS.

Early on in the learning curve about the then newly arrived BluRays, people would simply try to join files and playback to see if they were all there and if they were in proper order. Subsequently, with the understanding of the function of playlists and the interpretation of them, this attempt at "protection" became as (in)effective as EVERY type of protection (including CSS) that's ever been conjured up for DVDs...

BTW - Regarding HD-DVDs, the ONLY splitting I've seen in my collection is two "Feature .EVOs"...

We're getting Off Topic for a "Bug only" thread...

Last edited by setarip_old; 13th January 2010 at 04:15.
Old 13th January 2010, 05:02   #6553  |  Link
SoniG

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@SoniG
Hi!I'll presume you haven't seen that many BluRay discs and I'll just say you're mistaken
Well, you maybe right but you don't want to know much more about my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@nurbs
We're getting Off Topic for a "Bug only" thread...
Incidentally!
Old 13th January 2010, 08:09   #6554  |  Link
e143slime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by e143slime8 View Post
Update: well, made a second attempt at burning "Oz" with same results, player attempts to "read blu-ray" then, after around 20 seconds, reading" icon on TV goes blank then nothing. Am still able to pull up the "top" menu choices but can only look at that. No reponse to any of the choices within the top menu. Anyone know if my settings below are proper?

Again, TIA.

Finally gave up trying (4 failed attempts at getting compressed to 25 G to work). Went with DL 50G and works fine.
e143slime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 11:59   #6555  |  Link
skylab1

Full backup problem

I am getting a error during PHASE TWO of full backup, anyone know how to get pass this error?
Movie only backup work fine.

[17:42:01] BD Rebuilder v0.31.06 (beta)
- Source: LIVING_LANDSCAPES__MOUNTAINS
- Input BD size: 11.67 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:03:23.633]
- Target BD size: 8.79 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[17:42:01] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [17:42:01] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00007]
- [17:42:11] Reencoding: VID_00007 (1 of 5)
- [17:42:57] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [17:43:07] Reencoding: VID_00000 (2 of 5)
- [17:43:43] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00004]
- [17:43:56] Reencoding: VID_00004 (3 of 5)
- [17:44:43] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00006]
- [17:45:10] Reencoding: VID_00006 (4 of 5)
- [17:46:48] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
- [18:26:21] Reencoding: VID_00001 (5 of 5)
[01:54:43]PHASE ONE complete
[01:54:44]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [01:54:44] Rebuilding BD file Structure
- [01:54:44] CopyDirStructure() 00076 1200
- [02:55:59] CopyDirStructure() 00076 1200
- [02:56:07] CopyDirStructure() 00076 1200
- [02:56:08] CopyDirStructure() 00076 1200
- [02:56:09] CopyDirStructure() 00076 1200
- [02:56:13] CopyDirStructure() 00076 1200
[02:56:15] - Aborted at user request
-----------------------------------------------------
This is the BD info:
[Status]
LABEL=LIVING_LANDSCAPES__MOUNTAINS
VERSION=v0.31.06 (beta)
SOURCE_SIZE=12530524606
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=12514136064
TARGET_SIZE=9437184000
REDUCTION=.752812292420349
RESIZE_1080=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
BACKUP_MODE=0
QUICK=1
ENCODE_STEP=0
COMPLETED=5
REBUILD_COMPLETE=0
[00007]
AUDIO=10
PGS=
M2TS_TARGET=83370649
NSIZE=11083776
FLINK=0
MLINK=0
[00000]
AUDIO=10
PGS=
M2TS_TARGET=92833969
NSIZE=34148352
FLINK=0
MLINK=0
[00004]
AUDIO=1
PGS=
M2TS_TARGET=96427811
NSIZE=58103808
FLINK=0
MLINK=0
[00006]
AUDIO=1
PGS=
M2TS_TARGET=197471650
NSIZE=108828672
FLINK=0
MLINK=0
[00001]
AUDIO=10
PGS=
M2TS_TARGET=9208630850
RATE=18314
NSIZE=8917499904
FLINK=0
MLINK=0
skylab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 14:32   #6556  |  Link
saphire199

Jdobbs, I only have one question - on installing ffdshow, if you are running a W7 64x shld you also download and install the ffdshow 64x, or is this not needed?
saphire199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 15:47   #6557  |  Link
SoniG

saphire199 : This is not needed as x264 of BDR and Avisynth are x86, they call x86 codecs.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:12   #6558  |  Link
Bundy00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufo View Post
I had this problem doing the Simpsons movie. At the end I did it without any sub. I never had this problem in about 200 films. It should be possible for you, to encode without subs to solve this problem.
Sure: leaving out the subs will solve this. For me it is the 2nd movie (same happened with Watchmen). I already gave this disc to a friend with another player hardware. After playing around he found out that choosing another language (don't know exactly which it was - let's say 'spanish') worked and Watchmen played without subtitles. Never re-checked it on my own player.

But now this happened again. Really strange.

PS: Will test this case (Star Trek) in my friend's player if I see him again.
Bundy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 19:09   #6559  |  Link
Movie Dude

First of all, a thanks for the app, big fan of DVD Rebuilder and thougth as I have gone BluRay I should start back-ing up my collection

I followed the guide and instructions to the letter but could not get past a recode failure. I was pretty sure it was a problem with decoding the VC-1 codec and the switch from 31.05 to 31.06 confirmed this (nice addition by the way to help you sort out problems)

I tried 14 ways from sideways with no joy at all so thought I would start again, used a spare hard drive and installed a clean copy of XP Pro with SP3,enough drivers to get it working, (network, graphics card, sound card etc). Then installed the versions of ffdshow, Matroska Splitter, and Avisynth from the front page of the thread, and AnyDVD & Daemon Tools.

XP Pro already had WMP 11 so just ran it to set it up. Hit the button and same again, failure to decode VC-1. I tried your suggestion of playing the avisynth script in VDub and it would not play so was sure the problem was decoding VC-1. Nothing else on the system so could not see what the problem was.

Reading through another thread from a couple of months ago people who had been having trouble decoding VC-1 had installed Combined-Community-Codec-Pack-2009-09-09, so though well it can't do any harm. I had already done three clean installs trying various bits and pieces.

Installed the above codec pack and bingo, the avisynth script plays in VDub and I have completed two full disc to BD 25 back-ups.

I still don't realy understand why the clean install did not work but at least its working now, I just need to try a few options to see which works best for me.

Thanks for a great app.
Movie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 02:53   #6560  |  Link
Capsbackup

@Movie Dude;
If you install WMP11, you still have to run ffdshow decoder and set VC-1 to disabled. I have done many VC-1 full and movie only backups with XP Pro SP3, and never had the issue you mentioned happen to me.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote