Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 16th January 2006, 21:31   #1281  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Do you mean being able to AutoEncode directly from an AVS file (without having to split the audio out into a separate WAV)? That would be really great.
Richard Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2006, 23:24   #1282  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Do you mean being able to AutoEncode directly from an AVS file
Yup.. that's the goal.
Old 17th January 2006, 00:02   #1283  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Awesome. I haven't looked at enough MeGUI architecture to answer the previous questions, but I'll keep refactoring here & there when it makes sense.
Old 17th January 2006, 01:07   #1284  |  Link
berrinam

0.2.3.2030 17 Jan 2006
Added support for analysis passes of avs scripts (the button was added in 2028)
berrinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2006, 03:24   #1285  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

What does that do -- render out to null? For use with plugins like Call() and SSIM()?

Do I need to update my patch again?
Old 17th January 2006, 03:38   #1286  |  Link
berrinam

Yes, it just requests the frame and ignores it. Just as you said, for functions that write to files. This also includes 2pass scripts (eg DeDup and hybrid TIVTC). Perhaps 2pass AviSynth support should be added (it would allow for a better mode of IVTC'ing).

You might need to update your patch, but I'm not sure... actually, from your changelog, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I would integrate your patch into CVS, but I don't have access to it (pending approval of a mod). If you use the SourceForge patch tracker (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...2&atid=798478), then it's easier for me to access and integrate, because I don't have to wait for a mod's approval. OTOH, you need a SF account to post patches there.
Old 17th January 2006, 04:12   #1287  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Forgot about mod approval -- I shouldn't use forum attachments, that's me being lazy. It's on SF now. Here's a link to the post with the changelist.
Old 17th January 2006, 04:22   #1288  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Is it just me or is the menu bar still not working?
Old 17th January 2006, 05:01   #1289  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Is it just me or is the menu bar still not working?
This is fixed in my local version. After I fix the CC issues, I will commit it (including your patch).
Old 17th January 2006, 05:19   #1290  |  Link
berrinam

New CVS Update (it's a big one)
Code:
0.2.3.2031 17 Jan 2006
Added Richard Berg's contextmenu changes patch:
	Feature changes:
	- queueContextMenu
	  - added Delete button
	  - fixed logic so buttons are disabled when no items selected
	  - changed order so most common items are toward the top
	  - added hotkeys
	- audioOutput & videoOutput textboxes are now editable
	- drag-n-drop is now disabled unless the Input tab is selected
	- error messages related to audio & video job setup are now more helpful/detailed

Refactoring changes:
	- new enum CodecType (works just like FileType)
	- rewrote verifyVideoSettings & assorted helper methods, called it whenever queueing a video job
	- ditto verifyAudioSettings
Other changes:
	-added a contextmenustrip for the tray icon
	-minimize to tray hides the progress window
	-closing MeGUI while a job is running now calls abort instead of aborting manually
	-fixed menus for megui-x264
	-fixed loading of avs and hfyu jobs
	-moved start/stop pause/play changes to a separate function
Old 17th January 2006, 09:25   #1291  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

I think we should set up someting like this: automatic daily CVS exports that are zipped along with a compile-x264.bat and compile-full.bat which compile the x264 and full release respectively, then publish this somewhere. That way we don't have to worry about making releases, and even the most clueless people can compile their own builds (that's what the compile files are for.. if you have the runtime, you can compile). That way, there are no more cumbersome releases for us to do and people can always use the latest code.
Old 17th January 2006, 10:21   #1292  |  Link
berrinam

Automatic CVS exports would be good. I don't know if they are possible. However, people will still want binaries, just because that is what they always get. We can't completely stop releasing binaries.
Old 17th January 2006, 12:05   #1293  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
I think we should set up someting like this: automatic daily CVS exports that are zipped along with a compile-x264.bat and compile-full.bat which compile the x264 and full release respectively, then publish this somewhere. That way we don't have to worry about making releases, and even the most clueless people can compile their own builds (that's what the compile files are for.. if you have the runtime, you can compile). That way, there are no more cumbersome releases for us to do and people can always use the latest code.
Take look @ Build Facility @ sf.net
dimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2006, 12:14   #1294  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Also, for both proposals: who handles the encoder instantiation so that in the main GUI, all that it finally does is call JobHandler.process(Job job)?
I have an ansewer but You don't like it Job itself You can use pattern-facility:
Job provide some facility to create encoder

Code:
interface IJobHandlerFacility
{
IJobHandler CreateJobHandlerFor(IJob job)
}

interface IJob
{
 IJobHandlerFacility HandlerFacility{get;}
}

job.HandlerFacility.CreateJobHandlerFor(job)

or You can wrap this call into job too:

abstract class Job:IJob
{
public IJobHandler CreateJobHandler()
{
 (this as IJob).HandlerFacility.CreateJobHandlerFor(this)
}
}

Quote:
Though, I think the audio functionality should have priority as it allows the integration of yet another unique feature I have in mind for MeGUI: frame accurate cutting based on AviSynth.. once audio encoding uses AviSynth that'll be a realitiy and that is a strong USP for MeGUI.
Yes, but I can't work on it without version control

Quote:
And at some time we might have to rethink the GUI.. right now it starts with what is good for us advanced users who know how to get things done.. but a lot of people are overwhelmed by that and would be better of with something simpler aking the one click mode.
Agreed by 1000000% All my friends blame MeGUI for user unfriendly GUI
Old 17th January 2006, 12:19   #1295  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Yes, but I can't work on it without version control
Why? Mutant_Fruit and Richard Berg don't have CVS access and they are still contributing.

Quote:
@I have an ansewer but You don't like it:
You are right, I don't like it at all. To make matters worse, your approach requires that a job be aware of the MeGUI settings.. it has to return a jobhandler in function of the x264 / xvid encoder, and in the future which audio encoding mode is chosen. So you may have eliminated knowledge at one place only to put a lot of info inside a job that has no business being there.
Old 17th January 2006, 12:25   #1296  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Why? Mutant_Fruit and Richard Berg don't have CVS access and they are still contributing.
I'm worry about conflicts (I need transactional atomic CheckIn/CheckOut).
Old 17th January 2006, 12:35   #1297  |  Link
berrinam

@Doom9: Is there a reason you want to restrict CVS access? I certainly think it would be easier to be able to avoid the patching system.
Old 17th January 2006, 12:45   #1298  |  Link
max-holz

As I can see in other project on sourceforge there is a restricted group of developers and other people that contribute submitting patches via bugzilla.
max-holz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2006, 13:15   #1299  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
@Doom9: Is there a reason you want to restrict CVS access?
Considering that I was up till 4 am on Sunday morning because I fucked up a commit (or... CVS let me) and had to fix it (well, you were a big part of it teaching me how to handle the merge tool), I think that makes for a pretty strong argument to limited access.

Quote:
I'm worry about conflicts
Except for the settings, I see no conflicts whatsoever. You have a look at all the audio encoding classes, add a little code that selects your own audio encoder, and after that you have full control. For starters you can also only add additional paths you need to MeGUISettings without exposing them in the GUI.. that will not cause any conflicts whatsoever. I don't think you should create a new class of Job, or AudioSettings but instead use what is already available.. the only changes really are to be made in the classes derived from AudioEncoder plus additional paths in MeGUISettings.

And in the end when you create a patch it's up to somebody with CVS access to integrate it..
Old 17th January 2006, 13:20   #1300  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Considering that I was up till 4 am on Sunday morning because I fucked up a commit (or... CVS let me) and had to fix it (well, you were a big part of it teaching me how to handle the merge tool), I think that makes for a pretty strong argument to limited access.
In other hand I have 5-year expiriense working with source version control (not CVS but VSS)...

Quote:
Except for the settings, I see no conflicts whatsoever. You have a look at all the audio encoding classes, add a little code that selects your own audio encoder, and after that you have full control. For starters you can also only add additional paths you need to MeGUISettings without exposing them in the GUI.. that will not cause any conflicts whatsoever. I don't think you should create a new class of Job, or AudioSettings but instead use what is already available.. the only changes really are to be made in the classes derived from AudioEncoder plus additional paths in MeGUISettings.
I want to perform some reactoring @ audio settings form (inheritance etc).
Ok, You can provide me fresh sources. Then I will add my functionality and sent it back to You. And merging with CVS woud be You problem. Does You agree?

Tags
development, megui, not a help thread