Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 24th September 2012, 00:19   #2121  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Got it. Have you already informed Zenitram about the 0.7.59-60 bug?
Yes I did.
Quote:
About FFMS2, AVStoDVD is still equipped with 2.12 release, I did not have the time to check the next releases compatibility. BTW the only flags used are 'track', 'cachefile' and 'seekmode' together with FFVideoSource and FFAudioSource. If nothing has changed about that, you can safely go with 2.17. Let me know.

Bye
Browsing through the ffms2 change log I did not find any changes related to track, cachefile or seekmode. So I went ahead and used ffms2.dll version 2.17 for one conversion, and everything worked as expected.

Of course this was not a very comprehensive test, but I will stick with v. 2.17 for now and let you know if I find any issues later...

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 08:29   #2122  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Of course this was not a very comprehensive test, but I will stick with v. 2.17 for now and let you know if I find any issues later...
Thanks, your support is always appreciated!

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 11:05   #2123  |  Link
Big Vern

MrC.
Been using your AVStoDVD tool for ages now, cannot fault it!

One burning question though? Are there any plans to make an "AVStoBLURAY", or similar, version? Would be nice to have a very-easy-to-use tool like yours, but with the ability to add a few HD titles, a simple menu to author on a blu-ray disc.

I have tried MultiAVCHD, but that is just too confusing, and the one I had managed to complete, did not work

I do not know how much work would be involved making a blu-ray version of AVStoDVD, as I am no coder, but I would gladly donate, as I suspect, would loads of others.
Big Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2012, 12:26   #2124  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
Are there any plans to make an "AVStoBLURAY", or similar, version? Would be nice to have a very-easy-to-use tool like yours, but with the ability to add a few HD titles, a simple menu to author on a blu-ray disc.
AVStoBD would be surely an intriguing project. Unfortunately it is not planned in the close future. Maybe one day...

Meanwhile I suggest you to get familiar with MultiAVCHD which is an outstanding project, even if it is no more developed.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 2nd October 2012, 13:28   #2125  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
AVStoBD would be surely an intriguing project. Unfortunately it is not planned in the close future. Maybe one day...

Meanwhile I suggest you to get familiar with MultiAVCHD which is an outstanding project, even if it is no more developed.

Bye
If you want something more easy, use Ripbot264; which i used from a while. Easy, stable, a perworfull tool.
Old 2nd October 2012, 23:46   #2126  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
Would be nice to have a very-easy-to-use tool like yours, but with the ability to add a few HD titles, a simple menu to author on a blu-ray disc.
RipBot264 is a nice GUI for X264, but it will certainly not author BlueRay disks. It can output AVCHD, MP4 and MKV, and of course you can burn AVCHD to a BlueRay blank and most BD players will play it. But it still is no "real" BlueRay disk, and don't even think about a menu...

Right now MultiAVCHD is the only free solution to create BlueRay disks with a menu, and there is not much hope for competition.

Cheers
manolito
Old 11th October 2012, 03:52   #2127  |  Link
Yanta

Every time I try to convert an MKV with subtitles AVStoDVD responds with "Warning! Errors found during subititles track selection" and the subtitles are not added. Is it looking for external subtitles even though they are embedded in the source file? Is there a way to rectify?
Old 11th October 2012, 12:48   #2128  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanta View Post
Every time I try to convert an MKV with subtitles AVStoDVD responds with "Warning! Errors found during subititles track selection" and the subtitles are not added. Is it looking for external subtitles even though they are embedded in the source file? Is there a way to rectify?
Are you using the latest AVStoDVD release (2.5.1) with a recent MKVToolnix release (higher than 5.2.0)?

If yes, could you please upload the problematic mkv? I hope it is legal material... no support for unknown sources...

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 13th October 2012, 09:14   #2129  |  Link
Yanta

Quote:
Are you using the latest AVStoDVD release (2.5.1) with a recent MKVToolnix release (higher than 5.2.0)?

If yes, could you please upload the problematic mkv? I hope it is legal material... no support for unknown sources...

Bye
Yes. I'm using MKVToolnix 5.8.0

No, I am still using 2.4.2. I will install 2.5.1 and try again...

5 minutes later: Yes, that seems to have worked much better.

thank you

Last edited by Yanta; 13th October 2012 at 09:30.
Yanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 10:58   #2130  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC
Got it. Have you already informed Zenitram about the 0.7.59-60 bug?
Quote:
Yes I did.
Just wanna let you know that the current version 7.61 of MediaInfo corrects this issue...

Cheers
manolito
Old 29th October 2012, 13:16   #2131  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Just wanna let you know that the current version 7.61 of MediaInfo corrects this issue...
Thanks for the feedback.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 6th November 2012, 14:52   #2132  |  Link
Sjakko

Hi MrC,

I found that if you use text based titles and right align the labels, the selection bar in the menu doesn't completely cover the labels.
Sjakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 14:12   #2133  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@Sjakko

could you please post some screenshots (Edit Mode, Preview Mode and DVD output) to better explain the issue?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 7th November 2012, 16:12   #2134  |  Link
Sjakko

title right position and selection bar width

Hi MrC,

If I use italics on right-aligned titles the text does stick out a mm or 2 but that really isn't the core of the issue. I didn't really get the situation clear in my head. Let me try again:

I have 13 right-aligned text-based titles with varying width. The first title is quite wide (+/-520 pixels) and the rest is relatively narrow. In the down-left quadrant I have a background picture that I don't want covered by the selection bar. I have 2 choices:

- Either I get the same width for all titles and let the selection bar cover the background picture. This is the easiest but not nice. The selection bar sticks out a lot on the left (depending on the length of the title) and none on the right because of the right-alignment.
- Or for esthetic purposes I set the title width for each title separately to match the text width exactly. This way it won't cover the background image as I wanted and sticks out 0pixels on both sides. But this is quite laborious because I'd have to work out the width for each title and calculate the left position from the desired right position.

Ideally I'd love to have right-aligned text with a selection bar centered over the text with like 10 pixels sticking out on both ends of the title.

So I guess my request would be to have the option for the selection bar to match the title width (or rather an x number of pixels on both sides) and the option to set a right position.

EDIT: I noticed too that there's a difference in font size and positions between Preview and Edit Mode. If I make the title label square exactly fitting with the text, the preview and the resulting DVD actually show the selection label sticking out. JPEGs:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14050315/1.%20Edit.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14050315/2.%20Preview.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14050315/3.%20DVD.jpg

Last edited by Sjakko; 7th November 2012 at 17:08.
Sjakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 21:06   #2135  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Ok, not it is more clear.

So far, since the Visual Basic 6 graphical capabilities are quite poor, the Edit Mode cannot be 100% wysiwyg. Thus there will be always some differences in text display between the Preview Mode and the Edit Mode.

I understand that the process to create a proper DVD menu can be tedious, a sort of try-and-error path, but we have to manage it with AVStoDVD.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 16th November 2012, 08:20   #2136  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Suggestion:

Can we have a command option for "avisynth frameserving check on all titles (in currently loaded project)" ?
Would be handy for doing episodic videos or anything with more than one title.
Currently have to select each title (in currently loaded project) and check frameserve independently.

Also,
Can we have a GUI for a bitrate calculator?
Would be handy when I want to do sample testing.
For some bluray movies, I used avisynth/x264 lossless with some options to adjust visual presentation before converting to DVD.
I output sample videos to 10 minutes or less, so when I add video to AVStoDVD it gives me maximum bitrate for 10 minutes.
I have to manually input avg. bit rate. I currently use an online DVD bitrate calculator.
Code:
http://dvd-hq.info/bitrate_calculator.php
Thank you for your current progress
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 11:07   #2137  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
Can we have a command option for "avisynth frameserving check on all titles (in currently loaded project)" ?
Would be handy for doing episodic videos or anything with more than one title.
Currently have to select each title (in currently loaded project) and check frameserve independently.
Ok, good suggestion. In the ToDo list.

Quote:
Can we have a GUI for a bitrate calculator?
Would be handy when I want to do sample testing.
For some bluray movies, I used avisynth/x264 lossless with some options to adjust visual presentation before converting to DVD.
I output sample videos to 10 minutes or less, so when I add video to AVStoDVD it gives me maximum bitrate for 10 minutes.
I have to manually input avg. bit rate.
Could you please elaborate better the requirements? I mean, what are the input fields? what is the output?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 16th November 2012, 11:50   #2138  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Could you please elaborate better the requirements? I mean, what are the input fields? what is the output?

Bye
I suppose the same fields as the website illustrates for calculating bitrates. It seems to offer a lot of options for different circumstances.
I haven't been able to find a program that offers that much for free.
Old 16th November 2012, 13:41   #2139  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
I suppose the same fields as the website illustrates for calculating bitrates. It seems to offer a lot of options for different circumstances.
I haven't been able to find a program that offers that much for free.
... hence a link to that website would be perfect ...

I would not duplicate anything free that already works.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 17th November 2012, 06:02   #2140  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
... hence a link to that website would be perfect ...

I would not duplicate anything free that already works.

Bye
Quote:
Code:
http://dvd-hq.info/bitrate_calculator.php
The only thing he asks, if you use his code, is to link to his site.
Quote:
If you quote text from this page in any forum posts, e-mails, etc., or if you use any of its code, please include a link to this page.