Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 28th November 2010, 23:33   #4021  |  Link
Famille_CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_No View Post
I've been having a minor problem since using Staxrip for the first time, the encodes look great and the app is easy to use but...

I've noticed that all of my encodes using x264/ac3/mkv whilst cutting and resizing to 1280x720 suffer from very minor pixelation around 38 seconds in.

The source files are 1080i H264 TS rips from satellite TV via a Dreambox.

I've tried encoding on 3 different PCs and a few older releases of Staxrip and I keep getting the same problem

Hello,
Are you sure of the quality of your source files? Do you have a look at the preview window of starip?

Bye...

Last edited by Famille_CB; 28th November 2010 at 23:48.
Old 29th November 2010, 07:34   #4022  |  Link
tasslehoff44

Hi,

I have the same issue, staxrip don't like ts with avc+aac or mpeg2+aac but i don't have issue with ts mpeg2+mp2.

I have the same bug with avc, bad decoding like your screenshot. And with aac audio, staxrip don't demux audio or it demux audio but can't cut it or it cut it but there no sound in aac...

Try to demux before with tsMuxeR GUI, don't often to apply the delay for audio.

I realy love staxrip, but that was a big problem for encoding ts files.

See ya

Last edited by tasslehoff44; 29th November 2010 at 07:48.
Old 29th November 2010, 21:58   #4023  |  Link
Mr_No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famille_CB View Post
Hello,
Are you sure of the quality of your source files? Do you have a look at the preview window of starip?

Bye...
Hi,

Yeah it's happens with all of my H264 TS recordings from two different Satellite receiveres (Dreambox DM800 + Vu+ Duo). It happens at 38 seconds everytime also.
Old 8th December 2010, 17:32   #4024  |  Link
turok
The Lazy One

Location: The TurokZone. Next Door are the heavens, hells, and on the backside the void
looking at above how do ya load up .ts files? loading it directly into staxrip or doing an avs for it then load the avs in? ive worked with .ts files before and i never got problems with them. mostly becuz i do an avs for it first.

and ftr my ts files if i recall were mpeg2 and aac

"Always try to understand the perspective of not only yourself but others as well"

Am a fanboy of StaxRip

Last edited by turok; 8th December 2010 at 17:34.
Old 9th December 2010, 08:42   #4025  |  Link
7ekno

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasslehoff44 View Post
bad decoding like your screenshot.
It's a known Haali glitch with AVC inside TS containers ....

Solution: Remux to MKV before encoding ....

Tek

Old 9th December 2010, 12:59   #4026  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

hi, i have ripped Avatar, everything is fine, but how do i get staxrip to rip the subs,

staxrip 1.1.7.0 does not rip the subs, vsrip doesn't even run,

i click on the sub bit, it asks me where the subs are, but there are no subs anywhere because staxrip didn't rip them,

could some one offer any advice concerning the Subtitle section in staxrip, subtitles seem quite hidden in staxrip, there's no mention of it in the interface, considering the importance of Forces subs, the subtitles features in staxrip are quite hidden away for the casual user

i ran VSRip manually and ripped the subs, then told staxrip where the subs were, all was fine,

why didn't staxrip do this itself?

i have noticed that Staxrip wants me to point to the VOB files, but VSRip wants me to point to the IFO,

seems there is a missing step somewhere,

once staxrip reads the VOB files, for example VST_05_1 - 5_8, should it not then process the VST_5 IFO file, and automatically check for subtitle pointers and references, and then demux them and ask user what to do with them,

or am i missing something,

i remembered that AutoGK asked for the IFO file, then demuxed the relevant VOB files connected to that IFO file and also the Subs and did it's DGIndex thingy as well as asked what PGC to use (seamless branching)

am i doing something wrong (most likely)

all i want is the Forced subs in Avatar film to show,

i tried manually VSRip (but the forced subs are not showing, ALL Subs are on)
but i only want forced subs

also i want soft subs, as i'm doing MKV container, don't want them burnt in to output file,

hard subs is a thing of the past now right?
AVI limitations are long gone (about time)

Last edited by Pulp Catalyst; 9th December 2010 at 13:31.
Old 10th December 2010, 11:35   #4027  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Hi Stax I wanted to build a version of staxrip with updated DGindexNV and X264. I can build staxrip from svn just fine however I cannot seem to find where to define which version of x264 i want to use so I end up with the staxrip unknown version warning.

Edit: update the help.txt and versions.txt looking in applications.vb and x264.vb but unable to build it successfully.

Last edited by flebber; 10th December 2010 at 12:04.
Old 12th December 2010, 19:17   #4028  |  Link
stax76

@flebber

You can press F1 in the applications dialog, tells you about some hidden on purpose features.

@all

I'm still taking a time out but I'll be back sooner or later.
Old 12th December 2010, 21:09   #4029  |  Link
PopovN

x264-autoupdate

Due to x264.nl change way to store revisions - i remake autoupdate scripts for x264 in staxrip.

You must paste it as vbscript in edit dialog of menu-items.

You need wget(for download) and winmerge(for visual control of changes) installed in applications folder.

Manual update from menu item:
(tools->edit menu)
Code:
Dim o, HelpNow,HelpNew
Set o = createobject("WScript.Shell")
  o.run "%COMSPEC% /c %application_dir:x264%..\wget\bin\wget.exe -N -P %application_dir:x264%new\ http://x264.nl/x264/32bit/8bit_depth/",0,true
    Set index = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile("%application_dir:x264%new\index.html", 1)

Set regEx = New RegExp
    regEx.Pattern = "\/(revision\d*\d\d\d\d)\"""
    Set Matches = regEx.Execute(index.ReadAll)

o.run "%COMSPEC% /c %application_dir:x264%..\wget\bin\wget.exe -N -P %application_dir:x264%new\ http://mirror01.x264.nl/x264/32bit/8bit_depth/"+Matches(0).SubMatches(0)+"/x264.exe",0,true
  o.run "%COMSPEC% /c %application:x264% --fullhelp > %application_dir:x264%help.now",0,true
  o.run "%COMSPEC% /c %application_dir:x264%new\x264.exe --fullhelp > %application_dir:x264%help.new",0,true

Set HelpNow = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile("%application_dir:x264%help.now", 1)
Set HelpNew = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile("%application_dir:x264%help.new", 1)

IF (HelpNow.ReadLine <> HelpNew.ReadLine) then
str1=str
Do While (HelpNow.AtEndOfStream <> True) and (str1=str) and (HelpNew.AtEndOfStream <> True)
 str = HelpNow.ReadLine
	str=replace(str," ","")
	str=replace(str,"-","")
	str=replace(str,".","")
	str=replace(str,":","")
	str=replace(str,",","")
	str=replace(str,"	","")
 str1 = HelpNew.ReadLine
	str1=replace(str1," ","")
	str1=replace(str1,"-","")
	str1=replace(str1,".","")
	str1=replace(str1,":","")
	str1=replace(str1,",","")
	str1=replace(str1,"	","")
Loop

If (HelpNew.AtEndOfStream <> True) or (str1<>str) or (HelpNow.AtEndOfStream <> True) then
 o.run "%application_dir:x264%..\Winmerge\WinmergeU.exe %application_dir:x264%help.now %application_dir:x264%help.new",3,true
	if msgbox ("   Update?",4+32,"Staxrip update: x264") = vbYes then
         o.run "%COMSPEC% /c COPY /V /Y %application:x264% %application:x264%.old",0,true
	 o.run "%COMSPEC% /c COPY /V /Y %application_dir:x264%new\x264.exe %application:x264%",0,true
	 o.run "%COMSPEC% /c COPY /V /Y %application_dir:x264%help.now %application_dir:x264%help.old",0,true
	 o.run "%COMSPEC% /c COPY /V /Y %application_dir:x264%help.new %application_dir:x264%help.now",0,true
	end if
Else
 o.run "%COMSPEC% /c COPY /V /Y %application:x264% %application:x264%.old",0,true
 o.run "%COMSPEC% /c COPY /V /Y %application_dir:x264%new\x264.exe %application:x264%",0,true
 o.run "%COMSPEC% /c COPY /V /Y %application_dir:x264%help.now %application_dir:x264%help.old",0,true
 o.run "%COMSPEC% /c COPY /V /Y %application_dir:x264%help.new %application_dir:x264%help.now",0,true
 o.Popup "Done.",1,"Staxrip update: x264",64
End If

Else
 o.Popup "You have last version. - "+Matches(0).SubMatches(0),1,"Staxrip update: x264",64
END IF

HelpNow.close
HelpNew.close
Autoupdate before encoding if changes in x264-help does not exist:
(tools->event commands)
Code:
Dim o, HelpNow,HelpNew
  o.run "%COMSPEC% /c %application_dir:x264%..\wget\bin\wget.exe -N -P %application_dir:x264%new\ http://x264.nl/x264/32bit/8bit_depth/",0,true
    Set index = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile("%application_dir:x264%new\index.html", 1)

Set regEx = New RegExp
    regEx.Pattern = "\/(revision\d\d\d\d)\"""
    Set Matches = regEx.Execute(index.ReadAll)

o.run "%COMSPEC% /c %application_dir:x264%..\wget\bin\wget.exe -N -P %application_dir:x264%new\ http://mirror01.x264.nl/x264/32bit/8bit_depth/"+Matches(0).SubMatches(0)+"/x264.exe",0,true
  o.run "%COMSPEC% /c %application:x264% --fullhelp > %application_dir:x264%help.now",0,true
  o.run "%COMSPEC% /c %application_dir:x264%new\x264.exe --fullhelp > %application_dir:x264%help.new",0,true

Set HelpNow = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile("%application_dir:x264%help.now", 1)
Set HelpNew = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile("%application_dir:x264%help.new", 1)

str1=str
Do While (HelpNow.AtEndOfStream <> True) and (str1=str) and (HelpNew.AtEndOfStream <> True)
 str = HelpNow.ReadLine
	str=replace(str," ","")
	str=replace(str,"-","")
	str=replace(str,".","")
	str=replace(str,":","")
	str=replace(str,",","")
	str=replace(str,"	","")
 str1 = HelpNew.ReadLine
	str1=replace(str1," ","")
	str1=replace(str1,"-","")
	str1=replace(str1,".","")
	str1=replace(str1,":","")
	str1=replace(str1,",","")
	str1=replace(str1,"	","")
Loop

If (HelpNow.AtEndOfStream = True) and (HelpNew.AtEndOfStream = True) and (str1=str) then
End If

END IF

HelpNow.close
HelpNew.close
Show difference and ask for update after source loaded if was any changes in x264-help:
(tools->event commands)
Code:
Dim o, HelpNow,HelpNew

if msgbox ("Update available - will see?",4+32,"Staxrip update: x264") = vbYes then
 o.run "%application_dir:x264%..\Winmerge\WinmergeU.exe %application_dir:x264%help.now %application_dir:x264%help.new",3,true
	if msgbox ("   Update?",4+32,"Staxrip update: x264") = vbYes then
	end if
end if

END IF

HelpNow.close
HelpNew.close
View last difference between x264 relises:
(tools->edit menu)
Code:
Dim o, HelpNow,HelpNew

ELSE
o.run "%application_dir:x264%..\Winmerge\WinmergeU.exe %application_dir:x264%help.old %application_dir:x264%help.now",3,true
End if

Last edited by PopovN; 12th December 2010 at 23:59.
Old 13th December 2010, 00:59   #4030  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
@flebber

You can press F1 in the applications dialog, tells you about some hidden on purpose features.

@all

Awesome thanks Stax.
Old 13th December 2010, 20:40   #4031  |  Link
Famille_CB

Change x264 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
@flebber

You can press F1 in the applications dialogue, tells you about some hidden on purpose features.

@all

I use your tips to change the x264 version (I change the x264 file (with F11) and the version in StaxRip (with F12).
Will the "Config Codec" tabs be always fully functional?

Thank a lot for this wonderful tool.
Old 27th December 2010, 00:05   #4032  |  Link
DragooNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragooNick View Post
Hey is there a way to make one audio stream louder?
Since i mada an DVD into an MP4 Container [AAC Sound] for my PSP and its way too quiet :/
But the dynamic is great and I dont want to lose it so, I just want to make it louder
I made it with Avidemux, but that can't be a solution to open a container again just to make the audio stream 5db louder, that should also be possible with Staxrip when I make the file for the first time! for any help
Does noone know a solution to my Problem?
Old 27th December 2010, 05:05   #4033  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

been using Xvid4PSP, and i have noticed that it uses Xvid Encraw, it gives a cpu (3 core AMD) utilization of 70-80%, where as Staxrip (Xvidcore.dll) gives only 35-45%,

i also noticed that Xvid4PSP sets a thread of 5 not 3, maybe by setting more threads it makes up for the huge inefficiencies of Xvid multi-threading which is well known,
1 Core to 1 thread is well known not to scale well with Xvid, Xvid just doesn't have good SMP in place,

questions,

1a. Could staxrip ever use Xvd Encraw,
1b. Is Xvid Encraw more efficient than XvidCore.dll (like x264VFW and X264 CLI)

2. Is it possible to set Xvid Thread count in staxrip rip, i want to try and set the thread count to 5, and see what happens?

3. i noticed that Xvid Encraw seems to get developed still in places, minor granted, but developed none the less, question is..... is Xvid Craw superior to it's .dll cousin?

have a wonderful new year, and a well deserved break,
Old 6th January 2011, 08:28   #4034  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Is there an option in settings or via macro to use "original" audio channel detection when encoding. So by default whatever the audio source channels are detected as that's what they are encoded as?
Old 6th January 2011, 10:56   #4035  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Pulp catalyst i have xvid_encraw working with staxrip. Not sure if performance is better as I don't really use xvid very much. Anyhow.

I had an installation of Buzzqw's HDC which uses xvid encraw, so I removed the xvid file from my staxrip folder. I copied the xvid_encraw and xivdcore.dll to the staxrip folder(where the xvid encoder was).

Start staxrip go tools applications. Press F11, go to your staxrip folder(or wherever you have your xivdencraw exe) and select that file, you may need to select all files to see it and then okay. Then press F12 and remove 1.2.2 and type xvid_encraw.

now Staxrip should run xvid encraw.
Old 7th January 2011, 12:05   #4036  |  Link
willscarlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by flebber View Post
Is there an option in settings or via macro to use "original" audio channel detection when encoding. So by default whatever the audio source channels are detected as that's what they are encoded as?
If I understand you correctly you would like to have the original audio unchanged in the encoded file? Just set the audio streams to "just mux" and the audio will be unchanged. If you want to have that automatically create a template where "just mux" is already chosen.
Old 7th January 2011, 12:38   #4037  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Willscarlet thanks but no I knew that one. I am referring to audio channel detection. So that when the file is re-encoded it retains the same number of channels as the source file.
Old 8th January 2011, 17:04   #4038  |  Link
dirk362

Might just be me, but when you perform Cutting (within preview), this gets added to bottom of the filters list. If you move this up in the filters list (in my case above my Fade entries), then right click on Cutting Filter and select Play, this works fine.
If however you do all that, but insterad of right click, you go back into Preview and then play with External (MPC-HC in my case), this puts Cutting back to bottom of filter list and you don't get the cut version of the video in the external preview or indeed in the final encoded file if you don't move it within filter list.
I'm probably not explaining it all that well, but basically Cutting seems to not always "stick" when encoding unless you make sure you've clicked Play so that the AVS is re-written before then going ahead with the encode.
Old 8th January 2011, 20:59   #4039  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

thanks flebber,

another issue which has caused me many of headaches lately,

for Xmas, i got a Box-set Startrek TNG & DS9

been converting TNG over to x264 using Staxrip, just started DS9, but the DVD structure is different,

I.E.

VTS_02_1.VOB - VTS_02_8.VOB

in those files are 4 Episodes,

but Staxrip doesn't read the IFO files, which is causing me a headache, because after the encode i have to split (i use mkvmerge), this was ok, and a trade off i accepted,

but then came disk 6, this disk has all the extras for season one, 20 different clips all combined in the VOB files,
if there anyway of forcing Staxrip to read the IFO files, and get the relevant information needed to process the individual files on these types of disks?

if not, then can i hereby put in a request for IFO processing for the future, because i can't continue to use Staxrip now, splitting over 20 clips, is too much,

ALSO more importantly, the clips have different aspect ratio's and should be processed individually so the correct calculations can be made, if all the VOB files are treated as one, then Staxrip will only make the one AutoCrop, which has caused problems, some of the clips have different bars in different places, and Autocrop needs to be done on each Chain,

in fact been messing around with staxrip, if staxrip can't access the IFO files, then staxrip is really more tailored for Film DVD's and not EPISODE DVD's, hopefully when Stax returns, he can introduce IFO processing as an option,

EDIT

someone mentioned in another forum to use a DVDRipper that puts the files in separate VOB files, but that is a nightmare, and not really an option, i spent nearly 3 days ripping my DVD box-sets to my two Harddrives, to hell doing that all over again, LOL,
Old 8th January 2011, 22:15   #4040  |  Link
Betsy25

Hi Stax,

Any idea if (and perhaps when) we could see some kind of life in StaxRip development please ?

Please don't take this as a negative comment, I just start to miss the regular bugfixes and improvements, and kind of start to prefer MeGUI lately for just that reason.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265