Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st May 2016, 16:31   #1  |  Link
reko

play mp3 using ffdshow audio decoder with mpc-hc ?

Hi,

I'm frustated here.
This is my story :
2 days ago, I downloaded MPC-HC.1.7.10.x86.
In my computer was already installed ffdshow rev 3984 (32 bit).

I add ffdshow audio decoder in MPC-HC external filter. Tick the "prefer" radio button.

I unchecked all type in the [SourceFilter] of MPC-HC internal filter.

Either mp3 file or AAC file, when I open with MPC-HC - it "calls" the ffdshow audio decoder - as the blue ffdshow icon appear in the system tray on the right bottom of my monitor.

I'm happy because I can use the equalizer in ffdshow audio decoder to adjust the sound. I never install any new software to my computer since that.

But today, suddenly when I open mp3 file or video file with AAC audio, it doesn't "call" the ffdshow audio decoder. When I play the mp3 file, this what I get from the Filter of MPC-HC :
Filters currently loaded:
- Default DirectSound Device
- MP3 Decoder DMO
- MPEG-I Stream Splitter
- File Source (Async.)

So I search from the internet about this problem, and I downloaded Win7DSFilter Tweaker. In this app of the [Preffered decoder] section, I mark the radio button for mp3 to ffdswhow (before the radio button is microsoft) and disable the MP3 Decoder DMO in the [MS Codec Tweak] of this app.

Still, when I play the mp3 from MPC-HC, it doesn't call ffdshow audio decoder. MPC-HC Filter now showed :
Filters currently loaded:
- Default DirectSound Device
- ACM Wrapper (0x0055)
- MPEG-I Stream Splitter
- File Source (Async.)

When I play a video file with DTS/AC3 audio, it calls the ffdshow audio (and also ffdshow video). When I play .DAT (vcd) file, it calls the ffdshow video, but not the ffdshow audio.

I wonder why without I do anything, suddenly playing mp3 file (from MPC-HC) doesn't call the ffdshow audio decoder ?

I've tried by deleting the whole folder of MPC-HC. Restart the computer. Extract the MPC-HC zip file. Play the mp3, still no joy.

Just now I noticed,
A. when my video file with AAC file format profile (from the media-info) is [HE-AAC / LC] - [Codec ID : 40] it doesn't call ffdshow audio.

B. But if my video file with AAC file format profile [High@L4.1] - [Codec ID : avc1] it calls ffdshow audio.

But before, whatever format profile of the AAC, playing either the A video or the B video above, both is calling ffdshow audio.

Anykind of help/respond would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advanced.
(I'm sorry for my broken English).

regards.
reko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffdshow audio, mp3, mpc-hc