Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 2nd December 2015, 05:06   #34441  |  Link
gmail123

my englishe is poor..
madVR v0.89.14---madVR v0.89.17 can not pass through the DVD .ifo file, the AR video stream couldnt be read,the scale of the images is not proportional;if the .vob files are opened directly, it can be recongnised accordingly. this problem would only occur if PAL DVD,NTSC DVD are running and functioning normally。
gmail123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 10:03   #34442  |  Link
j5627429

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70MM View Post
Im about to start using madvr with Jriver. Im only needing it for up to 1080p (no higher scaling) and wonder what the best settings I should be using for 1080p. I have a Sony 4k projector yet I don't want to scale to 4k as Im about to sell the projector for a new JVC which is still only 1080p. Im only using the system for ripped BDs on MKV 1:1 copy and a number of video files. Im using the Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 with 4GB ram card.

Many thanks!
I'm curious, why do you want to give up on scaling to 4K? Your video card is plenty capable of doing it.

I have a JVC RS57 and send it 2160p input from the computer. Even though it is a 1080p projector, the e-shift adds real resolution (equivalent to about 3K, IMO).

The JVC projector's internal "MPC" sharpening tricks on 1080p input are quite inferior to the quality achievable with MadVR scaling to 4K. I'm actually moving in the opposite direction as you. Now that I've found out what magic madVR can do with scaling and sharpening of 1080p content, I want a true 4K projector to maximize the benefit. That's why I'm curious why you don't want to upscale.
j5627429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 10:48   #34443  |  Link
huhn

pixel alone doesn't make a good device.
the jump from 1080p to 2160p is such an unimportant change.

HDR will make the huge difference and that needs a lot of ironing...

how to get an HDR10 image on an that supports only Dolby vision for example?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 19:08   #34444  |  Link
TheElix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElix View Post
What might be preventing Fullscreen Exclusive mode from activating on my computer? I have fresh-installed MPC-HC and madVR and it doesn't help.

Windows 10 x64
MPC-HC 1.7.10
madVR 0.89.17
Anyone?
TheElix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 21:27   #34445  |  Link
xabregas

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabregas View Post
Hi,

So i have tested the new xysubfilter and new madvr and i was almost amazed when i saw that in 2.35 movies the subtitlees now can go to the black bars outside the movie window. But it was a matter of minutes until they went back to the front of the movie while playing. Anyone knows how to fix it, i.e making the subtitles stay in the black bars??
anyone?

T.I.A.
xabregas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:44   #34446  |  Link
j5627429

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
pixel alone doesn't make a good device.
the jump from 1080p to 2160p is such an unimportant change.

HDR will make the huge difference and that needs a lot of ironing...

how to get an HDR10 image on an that supports only Dolby vision for example?
Well we are talking about projectors here, not direct-view.

With projectors, the screen size can be much bigger, so the resolution is more important (not to mention the fact that you can sit closer to the screen with 4K, regardless of screen size).

Additionally with projectors, from what I read at AVSforum, the consensus seems to be that HDR on projectors will be more of a gimmick than a real feature, since the limited brightness will simply not result in much of a dynamic range differential.
j5627429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:45   #34447  |  Link
70MM
X Cinema Projectionist NZ

Does anyone know if you can do a non linier stretch with madvr?
Can you stretch a 16:9 image to scope 2.35 screen. Where the centre is correct shape but the sides slightly stretched to fill the scope ratio?
70MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 01:26   #34448  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Can you stretch a 16:9 image to scope 2.35 screen. Where the centre is correct shape but the sides slightly stretched to fill the scope ratio?
This is not possible with madVR.
Old 3rd December 2015, 01:34   #34449  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
This is not possible with madVR.
Should be possible with a shader (provided MadVR allows you to set the output size in the first place, I thought something like that was added, but I haven't checked). It's somewhat complicated though, because you can't use MadVRs scaling algorithms to do the work for you, you'll have to make your own scaling algorithm to do it.
Shiandow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 01:42   #34450  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiandow View Post
Should be possible with a shader (provided MadVR allows you to set the output size in the first place, I thought something like that was added, but I haven't checked). It's somewhat complicated though, because you can't use MadVRs scaling algorithms to do the work for you, you'll have to make your own scaling algorithm to do it.
Ah yes, I meant there wasn't a non-linear stretch option in madVR, not that it was technically impossible while using madVR.
Old 3rd December 2015, 03:38   #34451  |  Link
Arm3nian

How do I get madVR and smooth motion to play nicely with gsync? If I have gsync set to fullscreen, then going fullscreen in madVR causes the render and present queue to drop to 0-3 from 24 and 16 and I get visual glitches, and the presentation glitches rises by 100/second. With gsync off everything works fine. Do I have to disable it everytime I want to watch a video? Thanks
Arm3nian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 07:58   #34452  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm3nian View Post
How do I get madVR and smooth motion to play nicely with gsync? If I have gsync set to fullscreen, then going fullscreen in madVR causes the render and present queue to drop to 0-3 from 24 and 16 and I get visual glitches, and the presentation glitches rises by 100/second. With gsync off everything works fine. Do I have to disable it everytime I want to watch a video? Thanks
Use windowed overlay, I am not sure why but G-sync does not activate for windowed overlay.

You can also disable G-sync for windowed mode and disable FSE in madVR but I like windowed overlay better.
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:21   #34453  |  Link
Warner306

madVR is crashing after the Windows 10 November update. MPC is the test player. Typing away from a computer, so I don't have a crash log. Anyone else? This occurs when I go fullscreen.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:54   #34454  |  Link
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
madVR is crashing after the Windows 10 November update. MPC is the test player. Typing away from a computer, so I don't have a crash log. Anyone else? This occurs when I go fullscreen.
No problems here. Update your video drivers maybe. Also try disabling exclusive mode.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:56   #34455  |  Link
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm3nian View Post
If you're limiting your frames to render ahead to 3 in the NVIDIA Control Panel, then it will be limited when in fullscreen exclusive mode. Best to leave it at "application."
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:56   #34456  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Works fine for me as well.
Old 3rd December 2015, 10:48   #34457  |  Link
MSL_DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSL_DK View Post
My render, upload and present queue doesn't get filled (1-3/16) when using 1080p60 no problem if i choose 1080p23 (FSE) in win 10 using AMD card no problem in windowed mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSL_DK View Post
The problem is solved with the latest driver
Do you remember this fault ... I thought it was only present at 60Hz and was solved with the latest Crimson Edition. Now I ran an movie in 24Hz and the problem is the same Present goes up to 40ms ... This is bad! What can I do to make amd aware with this problem?
MSL_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:26   #34458  |  Link
TheElix

Quote:
madVR is crashing for me since I've upgraded to Windows 10 x64. Radeon user here. I have tried stable builds of MPC-HC and MPC-BE, both x32 and x64 versions. I have performed clean install of both latest software and drivers. Since many people don't have these issues I am at a loss. It's been too long since I was able to use madVR. Also, Fullscreen Exlcusive mode just doesn't activate even when the option is On.
TheElix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:28   #34459  |  Link
huhn

how about the crash log/dump and infos about the used hardware?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 14:48   #34460  |  Link
Ver Greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElix View Post
madVR is crashing for me since I've upgraded to Windows 10 x64.
Like huhn said, madshi can usually tell what's going wrong if you provide him with a crash log. If the automatic submission doesn't work, you can paste the contents of the log into a file by opening the details, then pressing Ctrl + C while the crash log window has focus.

madshi is busy with paid work right now (madVR is something he develops in bursts when money isn't an issue), but I'm sure he'll look into it when he has time.
Ver Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling