Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 17th September 2018, 14:20   #52441  |  Link
mrmojo666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
thats happened to me a few times and is always been either, my TV needed a hard reboot, which it doesnt get very often as you are supposed to leave an OLED on permanently so it can do its nighly pixel cylces or something had switched in my settings and I hadnt noticed, like MADVR had switched to auto or 8 bit, DIRECT3D11 had become unticked, something like that.

I did have a similar issue though, I could have swarn 18.3.4 was working with HDR but when I tried it a while back it wasnt. i'm still on 18.8.1 as I now never change my drivers unless I need to.
I'm going to check again tonight, at least for tv madvr settings, i'm sure that dx11 is checked because i saw it today..... It's really annoying.
Also i have an lcd so i'm used to cut off powerto all my stuff during the night. so everyday there is a tv reboot.

I'm a bit sad because 18.8.1 are very good drivers for games.....

thank you
mrmojo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 14:20   #52442  |  Link
huhn

FSE is a lie on windows 10.
it obviously can't disable processing at your screen.
notifications and stuff like xbox app, nvidia experience and stuff like this can show "infos" over it because the exclusive part is not true anymore it's just a simulation that been the case for a lot of windows version not only the newest.

i'm not saying you shouldn't use FSE but there is stuff it clearly doesn't do.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 14:56   #52443  |  Link
Klaus1189

For me all optional and normal drivers of AMD worked flawlessly (tried the last 6 ... 8 months) and these also did HDR. I can not reproduce HDR problems.
Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 15:03   #52444  |  Link
GCRaistlin

madshi
If software deinterlacing mode in LAV Video is Weston Three Field then madVR ignores "treat 25p movies as 24p" setting state and always behaves as it is off.. Sample 25fps video: https://mir.cr/0TFWKUVY
MPC-HC 1.8.1 x86, LAV 0.72.13, madVR 0.92.14

Magically yours
Raistlin
GCRaistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 15:08   #52445  |  Link
mrmojo666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
For me all optional and normal drivers of AMD worked flawlessly (tried the last 6 ... 8 months) and these also did HDR. I can not reproduce HDR problems.
It's possible to know which card ? do you refer to HDR autoswitch that is always working ?

thank you
mrmojo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 15:13   #52446  |  Link
Klaus1189

I have an AMD RX480 8GB and use MPC-BE (always latest nightly) with madVR and LAV Filters, HDR is automatically switching -> AMD HDR is visible on first line in madVR stats.
Old 17th September 2018, 15:24   #52447  |  Link
xabregas

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
notifications and stuff like xbox app, nvidia experience and stuff like this can show "infos" over it because the exclusive part is not true anymore it's just a simulation that been the case for a lot of windows version not only the newest.

Xbox app? I disabled all notifications and i have intel HD. Was never interrupted by notifications even on windowed. Idk what you are talking about. On my end if i compare FSE and FSW i see big differences in PQ on windows 10 previous Fall Update.

But i still agree with you that windows 10 overall is shit and that it was kinda better on old windows 8.1 and 7. But i cant install it. I can but the performance will be worst. Because 7th generation cpus u know. CRAP.
xabregas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 15:51   #52448  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRaistlin View Post
madshi
If software deinterlacing mode in LAV Video is Weston Three Field then madVR ignores "treat 25p movies as 24p" setting state and always behaves as it is off.. Sample 25fps video: https://mir.cr/0TFWKUVY
MPC-HC 1.8.1 x86, LAV 0.72.13, madVR 0.92.14
it is able to treat 25p as 24p not 50p as 24p or 48p.

working as intended
Old 17th September 2018, 19:18   #52449  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjock View Post
To be fair they don't know that ?

Excuse my ignorance but what is the point in FSE, I never use it, if its for stopping notifications and it is only used for HTPC, what would you get notifications from.

I don't use it myself and don't think I'm any worse for it, sure I saw Warner write somewhere that it is fake FSE in Windows 10 anyway, but could be wrong.
Quote:

For me FSE is still the only way to get 3D to work, although I haven’t checked on 98.24 if I could use windowed. I know some people with nVidia can, but it never worked for me.

Otherwise I hate FSE. I see no PQ improvement with it, and it takes ages to sync HDMI everytime you try to select an audio or subtitle track on my JVC, so I only use it if I can’t do otherwise.

The day 3D works here without FSE, I’ll gladly never use it again.
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 21:05   #52450  |  Link
huhn

the system wide 3d may make it work in windowed.

you know you can workaround the resync with hotkeys or something like the MPC-HC web UI.
Old 17th September 2018, 21:54   #52451  |  Link
HillieSan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset1982 View Post
Since I changed my GPU from GTX1070 to AMD's RX480, my tv show a "no signal" message, when the gpu switches tv mode from 60hz to 23/24hz mode or hdr mode. Seems like the amd needs a bit more time to change modes. The GTX1070 chenged a bit faster and no message was shown.

Is there any option within madvr to reduce switching time ? (maybe I will try Windowed and FSE modes...

Anyone with a LG Oled and AMD gpu got the same problem using madvr's auto display changing?
The AMD driver supports nowadays a link connection option. It checks the hdmi signal. Perhaps you should turn it off. BTW I gave no issues with my RX480 and a samsung TV.
HillieSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 09:43   #52452  |  Link
madjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabregas View Post
Xbox app? I disabled all notifications and i have intel HD. Was never interrupted by notifications even on windowed. Idk what you are talking about. On my end if i compare FSE and FSW i see big differences in PQ on windows 10 previous Fall Update.
I think what he meant was, IF you had notifications enabled, they would still pop up on what seems to be a fake FSE environment ?, and by that mentality if they can, then its not exclusive.

I don't see any banding and the likes in Windowed mode, although I don't have Intel and have an nVidia card.

I would have thought more people would have kicked up a fuss if that was the case.
madjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 14:06   #52453  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Since I changed my GPU from GTX1070 to AMD's RX480, ....
Hi, black screens when switching can have several causes, I get that when switch back from 3D output 1080p23 to 4k60hz, if I put my desktop in 1080p before i play a 3D movie it doesnt happen so there is a bug with MADVR's refresh rate switching (RRS), I thinks its MADVR only because if I turn off MADVR RRS and us MPC or KODI DS to change refresh rates they are fine, no black screens, no loss of HDMI.

I logged a bug with MADSHI who is looking at it, he cant seem to reproduce it though so it might be something to do with my AVR or TV. I have a denon AVR-X2200 and an LG OLED 2015 EF9500.

I also get black screens and other odd behavour if I dont use Full screen windowed mode in KODI DS, I also have to have FSE ticked to get 3D to work but its not required to get HDR to work from memory,
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 21:31   #52454  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
the system wide 3d may make it work in windowed.

you know you can workaround the resync with hotkeys or something like the MPC-HC web UI.
What is system wide 3D?

When I play a 3D film, my Vertex switches the calibration of my PJ to a 3D user mode, MadVR automatically calls a batch file that enables 3D on nVidia (otherwise it doesn't work half the time) and the film plays in 1080p23(FP). I don't want to enable 3D system wide the whole time, especially before the film starts playing.

Regarding the sync on audio/subtitles, I don't use the keyboard or the mouse. I use iRule on my ipad that launches the hotkey in MPC-BE using MCE controller to display the subtitles / audio track menus. That's when FSE sucks with long HDMI resyncs. No issue at all in windowed mode, it's instant. Anyway, that's only a minor issue when playing 3D as I never use FSE for anything else (2D SDR/HDR)

My front end is MyMovies using MCE. I don't want to touch a keyboard or a mouse just to play a film.
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 22:03   #52455  |  Link
huhn

smartphones usually have web browser so they can access webui.
Old 19th September 2018, 08:00   #52456  |  Link
PirateIce

Quote:

I keep hearing you say this, but from other comments and my own observations I'm not sure this is entirely true. Have you confirmed this with the fullscreen optimizations disabled, and everything about the gamebar display totally disabled? (fullscreen optimizations is just the per app gamebar overlay setting afaik) For me both jriver and games in which fullscreen exclusive has actually been switched to can no longer have ANY notifications appear over them, just like classic FSE. It may still be somewhat emulated but on my win10 ver 1803 it still seems to "do" more than you say yours does when fullscreen optimizations are disabled, this also causes it to conflict even more with focus assist if it activates at all during FSE.

edit: Also the part mentioning disabling screen processing, although I agree it probably can't force this, maybe it is changing the content type reported to display by win10 and thus the display is disabling processing on its own because of this behavior.

Last edited by PirateIce; 19th September 2018 at 11:13.
PirateIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 10:25   #52457  |  Link
Sunset1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
Hi, black screens when switching can have several causes, I get that when switch back from 3D output 1080p23 to 4k60hz, if I put my desktop in 1080p before i play a 3D movie it doesnt happen so there is a bug with MADVR's refresh rate switching (RRS), I thinks its MADVR only because if I turn off MADVR RRS and us MPC or KODI DS to change refresh rates they are fine, no black screens, no loss of HDMI.

I logged a bug with MADSHI who is looking at it, he cant seem to reproduce it though so it might be something to do with my AVR or TV. I have a denon AVR-X2200 and an LG OLED 2015 EF9500.

I also get black screens and other odd behavour if I dont use Full screen windowed mode in KODI DS, I also have to have FSE ticked to get 3D to work but its not required to get HDR to work from memory,
I use a LG 65"C8 OLED with a Denon AVR X-4200 and the XFX RX480 GTR.

I tried some settings and it seems that with D3D11 mode I loose the hdmi signal for 1-2 seconds. That causes my display to show the no singal message. When I use D3D9 it works. Screen goes black too for 1-2 seconds, but no display message is shown.

The HDMI Signal setting within the amd driver panel doesn't change anything.

While trying to find the solution for the "no signal" message, I just saw that my rendering stats show 20,99ms rendering times under the average stats tab.

Under max stats it always shows 38,xx - 39,xx ms rendering times. Any idea why the max stats are always so high?
Old 19th September 2018, 10:57   #52458  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
I use a LG 65"C8 OLED with a Denon AVR X-4200 and the XFX RX480 GTR.

I tried some settings and it seems that with D3D11 mode I loose the hdmi signal for 1-2 seconds. That causes my display to show the no singal message.....
Thanks for letting me know about this issue, I dont think MADSHI thinks anyone but me has this problem.

he's quite busy at the moment so not sure we'll get any response right now.
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 11:13   #52459  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
I just saw that my rendering stats show 20,99ms rendering times under the average stats tab.

Under max stats it always shows 38,xx - 39,xx ms rendering times. Any idea why the max stats are always so high?
upload sample file to google drive or whatever,
it depends on resolution, framerate, ...
I also have an Radeon RX480 8GB card, so I can test for you.
Old 19th September 2018, 11:47   #52460  |  Link
Sunset1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
upload sample file to google drive or whatever,
it depends on resolution, framerate, ...
I also have an Radeon RX480 8GB card, so I can test for you.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling