Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th February 2015, 00:35   #11  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
I had time for another readthrough. I felt as though the following definitions required further elaboration/clarification:

color&gamma
2.20, 2.40
"changes the display's gamma based on what is set in calibration to this target gamma"

What does "what is set in calibration" mean?
It seems like you do not notice the italics? I used italics to indicate I was referring to a specific name in madVR's settings. All the references to calibration are talking about the calibration page in madVR's settings.

Quote:
artifact removal
"If default debanding strength is lower than strength during fade in/out 5 frames are rerendered using the higher strength on a fade detection (it takes 5 frames to detect a fade)."

This sentence is very confusing. I understand what you mean (the higher strength is used during fades) but it should be simplified.
I gave it a shot, default debanding strength and strength during fade in/out are the specific names for the settings used in madVR. The information I was adding was the 5 frames, that the higher strength is used during a fade should be obvious based on the setting names.

Quote:
image doubling
"If this is used with any scaling factor below 2.0x image downscaling is used to interpolate to the target resolution."

A comma after 2.0x would help this sentence, but it is the phrase "interpolate to the target resolution that is unclear". This is technical jargon.
"Interpolate" is not part of everyone's vocabulary? I can change "interpolate" to "scale". Commas are good sometimes.

Quote:
enable windowed overlay (Windows 7 and newer):
"If not using the calibration option disable GPU gamma ramps madVR will emulate the GPU LUT. "

What does the "calibration option" refer to?
How about reordered, "If not using the option disable GPU gamma ramps in calibration, madVR will emulate the GPU LUT."?

Quote:
I find these to be the most offensive definitions. Other users may agree/disagree.
Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by Asmodian; 19th February 2015 at 00:47.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote