Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 11th May 2008, 23:57   #4741  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexor View Post
1) How do we use the following command
PHP Code:
-seekToIFrames    make all h264/AVC "I" frames seekable 
It says that audio formats are supported only in demuxed form, so how would it know anything about avc i-frames?
I'm confused. First of all AVC is video and not audio. Furthermore neither audio nor video are supported only in demuxed form. EVO/VOB/TS/M2TS containers are fully supported with most video and audio codecs.

P.S: I just noticed that the help text still stated "only in demuxed form" for the audio formats. This is outdated. I just removed it from the first page and from my source code. However, it didn't apply to AVC, cause AVC is video and not audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexor View Post
2) What does this line (from the help file) do?
PHP Code:
eac3to source.evo 1chapters.txt 2video.mkv 3audio.flac 5subtitle.sup 
It reads the source EVO file and creates all the other files listed in the command line. Of course the track numbers ("1:" etc) vary, depending on the source file. So you first have to do "eac3to sourcefile" to get a proper track listing. Then you can build the correct command line from there by using the correct track numbers.

Last edited by madshi; 11th May 2008 at 23:59.
Old 12th May 2008, 00:01   #4742  |  Link
lexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
P.S: I just noticed that the help text still stated "only in demuxed form" for the audio formats. This is outdated. I just removed it from the first page and from my source code. However, it didn't apply to AVC, cause AVC is video and not audio.
Yeah that's the part that got me, since if audio is in the demuxed form it wouldn't know anything about the video. With the update about container support, it makes sense now, thank you.

Also while there are recommended DTS en/decoder, there is only recommended AC3 decoder, what about encoder? Aften as good as it gets?
Old 12th May 2008, 00:58   #4743  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

thanks for the improvements again!
will test my tricky videos with the new version again, but I wont be home before 1 week, so I guess it will take 1-2 weeks until then.
Old 12th May 2008, 01:38   #4744  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
eac3to v2.46 released

@tebasuna51, I think I implemented all the changes from your detailed AC3 testing post. But I couldn't really test it because I don't have AC3 samples other than 1.0, 2.0 and 5.1. If you have time, maybe you could check whether my fixed work correctly?
Thanks madshi.
All work fine, maskchannels and channel map, with ac3 sources and libav decoder.

Using a 3/3.1 wav still:
Quote:
eac3to v2.46
command line: "D:\Test\AudioN\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "E:\Test\7_61.wav" "E:\Test\z331.wav" -extensible
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WAV, 6.1 channels, 0:00:20, 16 bits, 48khz
Doubling 7th channel...
Reading WAV...
Writing WAV...
Creating file "E:\Test\z331.wav"...
eac3to processing took 1 second.
Done.
And the final wav is 8 channels with the default channel mask from 7 channels.
Old 12th May 2008, 01:55   #4745  |  Link
Snowknight26

Quote:
I don't think a sample will help. This looks like a real damage in the source file. A missing sync byte is a very simple check. There's not really a big chance that eac3to has a bug in this situation.

Is this a one part movie? Or does the movie consist of multiple m2ts files? In the latter case check the file size of all m2ts parts. Are they all divisible by 192?
The whole film is one m2ts. Wouldn't ignoring the missing sync byte help? I know xport can demux it though, so I guess it must be ignoring it.

Last edited by Snowknight26; 12th May 2008 at 01:59.
Old 12th May 2008, 03:32   #4746  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Ey madshi, thanks for this program

I'm having a weird problem I also posted here: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=1461

The sample in that post has 4 audio tracks: 1-DTS 2-LPCM 3-AC3 4-AC3

tsMuxer only detects 1, 3 and 4, and eac3to only 3 and 4. Can you help me with this? I just want to demux that LPCM track, it plays fine but I have this problem.
Old 12th May 2008, 06:27   #4747  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
eac3to v2.46 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* MPEG2 muxing now fully supports streams with mixed 23.976 and 29.970 content
* mixed video/movie MPEG2 streams are now always muxed with 29.970 timestamps
* if a movie MPEG2 stream goes 29video, processing is automatically restarted
* MPEG2 pulldown is now automatically removed whenever an MPEG2 stream is read
* new option "-keepPulldown" can be used to disable MPEG2 pulldown removal
* corrected default WAV channel masks for 4.0, 6.1 and 7.1
* added proper channel remaps for libav AC3 decoding of "funny" channel formats
* added general channel mask support
* WAV parser reads channel mask from extensible header
* (E-)AC3 parser sets correct channel mask
There are 2 bigger changes in this release:

(1) MPEG2 handling is noticably improved. Especially MPEG2 streams which contain a mixture of movie content (24p or 48i with pulldown flags) and video content (60i) should be handled perfectly now. Also the pulldown is now automatically removed for movie content which has pulldown flags.

(2) The audio processing chain got full support for custom channel masks. This is necessary to handle funny channel combinations like e.g. "5.0" correctly. However, the channel mask support is not complete yet. Especially the DTS, TrueHD, MLP and MP2 parsers do not always properly set the correct channel masks yet. So if you guys have any DTS/TrueHD/MP2 samples with funny channel masks, please upload samples for me. Thanks!

@tebasuna51, I think I implemented all the changes from your detailed AC3 testing post. But I couldn't really test it because I don't have AC3 samples other than 1.0, 2.0 and 5.1. If you have time, maybe you could check whether my fixed work correctly? Thanks!
Thanks Madshi for excellent work. I have just one question. Will extraction of subtitles from bluray be supported in any future release?
Old 12th May 2008, 06:37   #4748  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalHabart View Post
Thanks Madshi for excellent work. I have just one question. Will extraction of subtitles from bluray be supported in any future release?
It already is. I just did one about an hour ago.
Old 12th May 2008, 07:32   #4749  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
And how did you use eac3to to export subtitles from m2ts file? What command did you use?
Old 12th May 2008, 08:11   #4750  |  Link
bmnot

Quote:
TS, 1 video track, 1:55:47
1: MPEG2, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[v01] Removing MPEG2 pulldown...
[v01] Muxing video to Matroska...
[v01] The MPEG2 stream is a mixture of video and movie content.
[v01] This type of MPEG2 stream cannot be muxed with 24p timestamps.
[v01] Will have to abort processing and redo everything.
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[v01] Muxing video to Matroska...
[v01] The MPEG2 stream is a mixture of video and movie content.
So it includes the pulldown flags in the 2nd try? Should I hold onto the original ts in case 24p will work on it in future eac3to revisions?

Last edited by bmnot; 12th May 2008 at 08:14.
Old 12th May 2008, 08:21   #4751  |  Link
calinb

Quote:
Can you upload a little sample which works with v1.16 but not with v2.45?
Certainly, madshi. Please check your PMs.
Old 12th May 2008, 08:42   #4752  |  Link
dorati

@madshi:

Quote:
I've checked the samples you uploaded and they work beautifully with eac3to v2.45 for me. I've simply done this:

"eac3to 00152.m2ts+00155.m2ts movie.mkv" and the resulting MKV played perfectly fine with no stuttering at all on my HTPC with Media Player Classic (Haali Media Splitter + Cyberlink h264 decoder). The join point between the two m2ts parts was not visible at all.

Have you tried this command line? Are you using eac3to v2.45?
Yes, I work with the commandline.
Your sample above works fine on Media Player Classik, but don't work on NMT.
The Video is stuttering and no sound.

But now the most important: I found a way - that works !!

1. "eac3to 00152.m2ts+00155.m2ts+00154.m2ts movie_temp.mkv"
2. open movie_temp.mkv in tsRemuxer (tsRemuxer found only the h.264-Videotrack in the MKV - and NO Audiotrack)
3. add the needed AC3- Audiotracks to tsRemuxer (Step 1. has build the mkv and extract the Audiotracks)
4. Mux to ts or m2ts.

Now the 2 Points (Seamless Branching) plays perfekt on NMT.

I don't now, witch step ist the important and why (timestamps) !?! - but it plays fine

All the other steps, i make before:
Demux - recalculate the timestamps mith tsmuxer and mux again and so on don't work....
Old 12th May 2008, 08:56   #4753  |  Link
Beastie Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorati View Post
The Video is stuttering and no sound
The NMT does not support ES video streams from BluRay/HD DVD inside an mkv container. It doesn't have the horsepower to decode it. TS/M2TS files are processed in hardware and are the way to go.

Cheers, Beastie.
Old 12th May 2008, 09:36   #4754  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mag!c
By the way, I did it with Nero(8!) Audio Decoder 2, so how it correlates with yours "Nero 8 doesn't allow its DirectShow filters to be used from outside of Nero ShowTime"? E-AC3 track was muxed to .ts file and demuxed back with haali splitter in graph. But eac3to really can't use "Nero Audio Decoder 2".
Quote:
Huh!? Maybe Nero changed something in the later Nero 8 builds? Can somebody double check this?
I'm using Nero 8.3.2.1
Can someone else use "Nero Audio Decoder 2" in GraphEdit?
Old 12th May 2008, 09:38   #4755  |  Link
dorati

@Beastie Boy:
yes - i know.

but for Seamless Branching: "TS -> MKV -> TS" is neccessary to play perfekt on nmt.

"TS -> TS" or "TS -> fix Timestamps -> TS" don't play smothly on nmt!
Old 12th May 2008, 10:06   #4756  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
All work fine, maskchannels and channel map, with ac3 sources and libav decoder.
Great - thanks for testing!

Do you have samples for all those funny AC3 formats? If so, could you make them available to me? I'd like to check the channel order output of Nero and Sonic decoders. Maybe I need to do some channel remapping for those decoders, too...

Also, do you happen to have some DTS, MLP or MP2 samples with funny channel formats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Using a 3/3.1 wav still:

And the final wav is 8 channels with the default channel mask from 7 channels.
Oooops. Will put that on my to do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
The whole film is one m2ts. Wouldn't ignoring the missing sync byte help? I know xport can demux it though, so I guess it must be ignoring it.
Searching for the next sync byte would "help" somewhat, but still it's likely that the final audio and/or video streams would be damaged. So eac3to refuses to do that. eac3to only likes clean sources at this point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
The sample in that post has 4 audio tracks: 1-DTS 2-LPCM 3-AC3 4-AC3

tsMuxer only detects 1, 3 and 4, and eac3to only 3 and 4. Can you help me with this? I just want to demux that LPCM track, it plays fine but I have this problem.
Thanks for that sample, it's quite "interesting". The next build of eac3to will be able to detect and demux the DTS and LPCM tracks. But you'll have to wait until the next version is out. Probably next Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalHabart View Post
Will extraction of subtitles from bluray be supported in any future release?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
No, it's not supported yet. Maybe you were thinking about HD DVD subtitles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnot View Post
So it includes the pulldown flags in the 2nd try? Should I hold onto the original ts in case 24p will work on it in future eac3to revisions?
It will not work with future eac3to revisions. There's no proper way to get rid of the pulldown if some parts of the stream contain pulldown flags and some don't. I think eac3to is as good as it gets for MPEG2 handling now (disregarding eventual bugs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by calinb View Post
Certainly, madshi. Please check your PMs.
Thanks. Unfortunately (as you could probably guess) that sample is really damaged. I checked back to see why eac3to v1.16 was able to handle this file and the answer is relatively simple: eac3to v1.16 didn't have its own EVO reader yet. Instead it made use of Haali's Media Splitter. Haali's splitter tries to work around damaged files. eac3to's internal reader does not.

Quote:
The Video is stuttering and no sound.
The video is stuttering because the current NMT hardware does not have enough power to play h264 MKV files smoothly. The sound does not play because eac3to doesn't mux audio tracks into the MKV file. The audio tracks are stored into external files. You'll have to use mkvtoolnix to combine the MKV created by eac3to with the audio tracks. But if you want to play this on your NMT, you cannot use MKV, sadly.

Quote:
But now the most important: I found a way - that works !!

1. "eac3to 00152.m2ts+00155.m2ts+00154.m2ts movie_temp.mkv"
2. open movie_temp.mkv in tsRemuxer (tsRemuxer found only the h.264-Videotrack in the MKV - and NO Audiotrack)
3. add the needed AC3- Audiotracks to tsRemuxer (Step 1. has build the mkv and extract the Audiotracks)
4. Mux to ts or m2ts.
Yes, that would have been my suggestion. Either that, or you could use "eac3to 00152.m2ts+00155.m2ts+00154.m2ts movie_temp.h264". That would also have worked. The key to make this work properly is:

(1) You *HAVE* to use eac3to to join the m2ts parts. This is currently the only way to handle seamless branching movies correctly.
(2) For the NMT you have to remux the stuff you got from eac3to to TS or m2ts by using TsMuxer.
Old 12th May 2008, 11:07   #4757  |  Link
Henry The Ripper

I have a 1080/60i AVC source with gaps according to eac3to.

When I mux the video mkv (without the gaps file used), the sound is out of synch. When using the gaps file I cannot open the resulting file at all.

Is it possible to deinterlace without re-encoding? Or how can I change the framerate to 29,97?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12th May 2008, 11:12   #4758  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry The Ripper View Post
I have a 1080/60i AVC source with gaps according to eac3to.

When I mux the video mkv (without the gaps file used), the sound is out of synch. When using the gaps file I cannot open the resulting file at all.
Try whether the "-60i" or "-24p" switches help.
Old 12th May 2008, 11:51   #4759  |  Link
Henry The Ripper

Quote:
Try whether the "-60i" or "-24p" switches help.
Thanks, I'll try those!
Old 12th May 2008, 12:17   #4760  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Do you have samples for all those funny AC3 formats? If so, could you make them available to me? I'd like to check the channel order output of Nero and Sonic decoders. Maybe I need to do some channel remapping for those decoders, too...
Ac3_Samples.7z
Quote:
Also, do you happen to have some DTS, MLP or MP2 samples with funny channel formats?
Well, MP2 only can support mono/stereo format then no problem.

I will try DTS/MLP.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to