Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 14th January 2011, 03:33   #10941  |  Link
Mr. Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Is your PC overclocked? I have done Gladiator and other movies where I have kept the main HD audio and 2-3 commentary tracks, and have never had an issue when playing back on my Sony S360.
I have too in fact, until recent I haven't had one issue (other than the VC1 issue so very long ago) and I've backed up over 100 movies so far. Like I said I did Case 39 and Inception FULL movie backups with all audio and only had problems with Case 39 when I tried doing a BD9 full movie. I could only do Movie Only when going to BD9 with Case 39 but could do Full Movie for BD25. For Inception I did a full BD9 and had no problems either way with that one, BD25 or BD9. I played with the BD9's just to see what the quality difference would be and I was very impressed with the quality, better than DVDFab8 does with BD25's.

I'm not OC'n my PC either so there isn't a clocking issue, or at least there shouldn't be.
Mr. Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 03:37   #10942  |  Link
Mr. Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
I did Resident evil afterlive with all audio and subtitle included as well and encounter no such problem.
Do you have a player that is plagued with Cinavia? Because that is the issue with RE:Afterlife. I can rip it to BD25 or whatever without issue as long as I'm not playing it on a player that incorporates Cinavia, for instance TMT3 plays it fine just like it does for these movies I'm having issue with. That is why I'm woundering if it is AnyDVDHD, BD-RB, and/or Cinavia protection.

People with PS3 player have said that re-encoding the audio and remuxing works for them allowing them to play Cinavia movies on their PS3's. That is why after running into trouble and buying a new burner I decided to convert the audio to AC3, which helped but didn't do the trick totally.

Last edited by Mr. Movies; 14th January 2011 at 03:42.
Old 14th January 2011, 03:53   #10943  |  Link
setarip_old

@Mr. Movies

Hi!

1) "Cinavia" protection in no way interferes with BD Rebuilder (or any other backup, conversion, or compression programs)

2) Most of the titles you've listed do not contain "Cinavia". As of today, the only released discs infected with Cinavia are:

Code:
 Blu-ray discs:
The Losers *(Warner Brothers, volume name=THE_LOSERS) (English track only)
The Karate Kid (2010)* (Sony, volume name=THE_KARATE_KID) (most of the tracks)
The Other Guys (Sony, 14dec2010) (English track only)
Resident Evil: Afterlife 2D* (Sony, 28dec2010) (English track only)
Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D* (Sony, 28dec2010) (English track only)
Salt (Sony, 21dec2010) (English track only)
The Social Network (Sony, 11jan2011) (English track only)
Takers (Sony, 18jan2011) (English track only)
* for those, in teritories where the movie is not released by Warner Bros. or Sony, the Blu-ray does not have Cinavia

DVD discs:

Last edited by setarip_old; 14th January 2011 at 03:57.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 04:13   #10944  |  Link
Mr. Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@Mr. Movies

Hi!

1) "Cinavia" protection in no way interferes with BD Rebuilder (or any other backup, conversion, or compression programs

2) Most of the titles you've listed do not contain "Cinavia". As of today, the only released discs infected with Cinavia are:

Code:
 Blu-ray discs:
The Losers *(Warner Brothers, volume name=THE_LOSERS) (English track only)
The Karate Kid (2010)* (Sony, volume name=THE_KARATE_KID) (most of the tracks)
The Other Guys (Sony, 14dec2010) (English track only)
Resident Evil: Afterlife 2D* (Sony, 28dec2010) (English track only)
Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D* (Sony, 28dec2010) (English track only)
Salt (Sony, 21dec2010) (English track only)
The Social Network (Sony, 11jan2011) (English track only)
* for those, in teritories where the movie is not released by Warner Bros. or Sony, the Blu-ray does not have Cinavia

DVD discs:
1) I didn't say that Cinavia effected BD-RB I'm questioning where the issue may be, it can be in several areas of course and I've eliminate several of those.

The effects I'm getting with my Cinavia plagued player is exactly the same I get off of the known movies in the list you provided.

2) The list isn't static it is dynamic and will change and add with time. Who is to say that as they continue to puch out new discs of any movie, they won't add the watermark to them. This is why I question these older movies I'm having problems with and because again on my S.A. player they act exactly the same as known movies with Cinavia and I just bought these. I wouldn't think the manufacture would wast their time putting the watermark on these but I've run out of avenues to test, for the most part, and I don't have a player with a firmware version that is AACS Cinavia clean, I wish I did life would be much easier.

This is why I'm asking some of the pro's here for help hoping someone might have an idea what is going on.
Old 14th January 2011, 04:30   #10945  |  Link
Mr. Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Is your PC overclocked? I have done Gladiator and other movies where I have kept the main HD audio and 2-3 commentary tracks, and have never had an issue when playing back on my Sony S360.
I checked your Sony S360 and unless things have changed your player does not have Cinavia so you are lucky. I wish I didn't give away my Sony BX1 now as it would help for testing and trouble shooting.
Old 14th January 2011, 04:32   #10946  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
they act exactly the same as known movies with Cinavia and I just bought these
Do they exhibit the Cinavia name and "Error code" when you play them on your standalone player?

What is the brand and model number of your standalone player?
Old 14th January 2011, 04:42   #10947  |  Link
Mr. Movies

Quote:
Do they exhibit the Cinavia name and "Error code" when you play them on your standalone player?

What is the brand and model number of your standalone player?
LG BD370V
Main Ver: BD.8.08.027.B
Servo Ver: H51203
IO Micom Ver: 09063000

I don't get the Cinavia name and error code on RE:Afterlife but it does freeze up and loose audio at the proper intervals. And my unit is in the list of players with the protection.
Old 14th January 2011, 05:05   #10948  |  Link
setarip_old

The only reference (using DVDFab Forum and SlySoft Forum as the reliable sources) to what MAY be your unit is:

Quote:
LG BD570 latest BD.8.31.323.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
Old 14th January 2011, 05:37   #10949  |  Link
Mr. Movies

Quote:
The only reference (using DVDFab Forum and SlySoft Forum as the reliable sources) to what MAY be your unit is:

I use those two forums however they are not the only reliable sources and I can't remember exactly which forum I found it on, I actually thought it was Slysoft but it must have been somewhere else. If I can find the source I'l post it back here, I'll dig around again...

I've dug around the internet and have found out more on my LG. First your probably right someone else in a current thread is saying his BD370 is Cinavia free he doesn't provide a firmware or driver level though, so It must of been late when and my eyes were not fully open. I couldn't find the thread I originally found either. Second on Blu-Ray Forum or it might of even been DVDFab there were some people having problems with LG's firmwares and one of them had called LG and it seems he has a problem with Iron Man 2 that they are doing a bug fix for. I'm not sure what his issues are but that does open my eyes to the player being the problem, which wouldn't be good news as I can't really roll back my firmware and would need to wait for an update to possibly fix the problem.

It looks like I should find a friend with a different player to see if my player is the problem. I still have several coasters that I haven't thrown out yet I could test as well.

Last edited by Mr. Movies; 14th January 2011 at 08:55.
Old 14th January 2011, 09:12   #10950  |  Link
Mr. Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I was just thinking that since it is rare that people keep more than a couple audio tracks (to improve video quality) there's always a chance that TSMUXER might be having trouble with it.

In fact... could you list the audio tracks so I can make a guess as to their total combined bitrate?
Using just English didn't fix it so I should isolate the player by using someone elses to see if this plays on theirs.

If you think of anything I've missed or need to do please advise and thanks for all of the help so far.

UPDATED (28-JAN-2011)The issue was my LG player's firmware which I'm stuck with until they upgrade it hopefully. A friend of mine has an LG too, different model, and he hasn't upgraded to the latest like mine so he can't even play the Inception BD9 full movie backup which I can. But when I play my BD25's that won't play without freezing they do work on my uncles Samsung BDP1500, they play perfectly, however his player won't play my BD9's, his firmware has never been updated.

Last edited by Mr. Movies; 28th January 2011 at 18:41.
Old 14th January 2011, 09:25   #10951  |  Link
mask0rz

Audio Sync problems

Quote:
Thanks. I think this is it -- but can't be sure until its tested.
Iam also having Audio Sync issues when backing up Taken on a BD-25 rip. Full backup seems to work but when i do a movie only backup the audio gets out of sync.
Happens on both the DTS and Dolby True HD track. Also it doesn't work when i select to keep the full Dobly True HD track for BD-25 reencode.

Using auto compression settings and tried changing settings a bit to eventually only remove the Workfiles with no luck either.

Ow yea, and i tried the 0.37.02 fix you posted a few posts back with no luck

Last edited by mask0rz; 14th January 2011 at 09:29.
mask0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 15:57   #10952  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mask0rz View Post
Iam also having Audio Sync issues when backing up Taken on a BD-25 rip. Full backup seems to work but when i do a movie only backup the audio gets out of sync.
Happens on both the DTS and Dolby True HD track. Also it doesn't work when i select to keep the full Dobly True HD track for BD-25 reencode.

Using auto compression settings and tried changing settings a bit to eventually only remove the Workfiles with no luck either.

Ow yea, and i tried the 0.37.02 fix you posted a few posts back with no luck
Are you using all the recommended versions from the first post? There is no current issue that I'm working related to sync other than on 480i and/or hybrid/pulldown sources (as reported by Capsbackup). It is very unlikely that the main feature would be either.

What does "Also it doesn't work when i select to keep the full Dobly True HD track for BD-25 reencode" mean?

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th January 2011 at 16:01.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 17:11   #10953  |  Link
mask0rz

Quote:
Are you using all the recommended versions from the first post? There is no current issue that I'm working related to sync other than on 480i and/or hybrid/pulldown sources (as reported by Capsbackup). It is very unlikely that the main feature would be either.

What does "Also it doesn't work when i select to keep the full Dobly True HD track for BD-25 reencode" mean?
Yea i do use the right versions. I've been using your program for some time now and usually works flawless

And about you question, i meant the option you can select in the program called "Keep HD audio for BD25 encoding".
I was not at my home computer and could not exactly remember the option.

The funny thing is also that when i do movie only on this disc it can keep the full movie so there is no compression needed but audio gets out of sync.
In this case i can also use tsmuxer myself to shrink the BD (which does work) but i thought that it might be helpfull to post since others had sync issues in the latest build.

I did find it a bit weird why full backup works and movie only suddenly not on this disc.

Last edited by mask0rz; 14th January 2011 at 17:23.
Old 14th January 2011, 20:20   #10954  |  Link
A.Fenderson

Quote:
And about you question, i meant the option you can select in the program called "Keep HD audio for BD25 encoding".
I believe he also meant "In what sense isn't it working? What precisely is it doing/not doing?" etc. Just trying to help clarify, sorry if I'm out of bounds.
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 21:40   #10955  |  Link
Warbucks81

Jdobbs, I'm trying to backup Generation Kill Disc 1. When attempting a full backup, it lists "Approximate Source Content" at over six hours, when there is only a little over three hours. I've verified this using readmpls.exe. It looks to me as though the amount is doubled. When attempting to run the backup process, the bitrates end up being almost halved what they should be and I get a severely undersized output (around 16gb).

Any ideas?

Note: I'm using the correct versions of each software from your first post.

Last edited by Warbucks81; 14th January 2011 at 21:46.
Warbucks81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 22:50   #10956  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Yea i do use the right versions. I've been using your program for some time now and usually works flawless

The funny thing is also that when i do movie only on this disc it can keep the full movie so there is no compression needed but audio gets out of sync.
In this case i can also use tsmuxer myself to shrink the BD (which does work) but i thought that it might be helpfull to post since others had sync issues in the latest build.

I did find it a bit weird why full backup works and movie only suddenly not on this disc.
What disc is it?
Old 14th January 2011, 22:52   #10957  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbucks81 View Post
Jdobbs, I'm trying to backup Generation Kill Disc 1. When attempting a full backup, it lists "Approximate Source Content" at over six hours, when there is only a little over three hours. I've verified this using readmpls.exe. It looks to me as though the amount is doubled. When attempting to run the backup process, the bitrates end up being almost halved what they should be and I get a severely undersized output (around 16gb).

Any ideas?

Note: I'm using the correct versions of each software from your first post.
Hmm... I guess I'll have to test that one too. The size is a part of what is used to determine the quality options.
Old 14th January 2011, 22:57   #10958  |  Link
mask0rz

Quote:
What disc is it?
Taken, dutch version (prolly UK then i guess?).

And i did notice something interesting maybe. I saw the movie is encoded on 24 fps. Usually its 23.976 on most movies, but i have to say iam not paying too much attention to that.....

Last edited by mask0rz; 14th January 2011 at 23:07.
Old 14th January 2011, 23:08   #10959  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Taken, dutch version (prolly UK then i guess?).

And i did notice something interesting maybe. I saw the movie is encoded on 24 fps. Usually its 23.976 on most movies, but i have to say iam not paying too much attention to that.....
Ahhh.. good to know. If you still have it, can you post the MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.meta contents?

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th January 2011 at 23:10.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2011, 00:38   #10960  |  Link
Warbucks81

Quote:
Hmm... I guess I'll have to test that one too. The size is a part of what is used to determine the quality options.
I checked the length of each episode. It's not doubling exactly, it's adding an hour to each episode(playlist).

IE: Length of all episodes combined is 3:34. It's showing 6:34 as "approximate source content".

If I select "movie-only" and use "other movie playlist", and select one episode, it will add one hour on top of the original length.

Hope this helps.
Warbucks81 is offline   Reply With Quote