Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th June 2018, 07:15   #11  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
What would a scene like above look like to you in real time, just as the untouched original, or do eyes/brain somehow magically correct for low reds.
First, eyes have a wider dynamic range than every non pro camera. There is a very nice short bedsheet example regarding dynamic range: you can cover head or feet, not both. Second, brain knows what color should things appear too and I think it makes some channel mixing and white balance inside.

To tell you an example, there is a very large (more than 100 square meters) sponge in Dahab blue hole that is completely green and you can see with your bare eyes but not with any cam I have seen so far.

I keep on thinking that the simplest yet complex task would be to associate depth to color correction, feeding diving log. This could be the first step.

Today I will have a dive on a wreck and probably I will use natural light outside and artificial light inside. I have exchanged the torchlight head from a narrow beam to a 120° beam and set the cam accordingly to same lens width (it merely use a portion of 4k sensor and gives 1080p output, I think).

I changed the camera too for a 4k, mostly to have much better EIS and better light (sony sensor). It's still on the cheap wagon (Apeman A80) but has a diving mode too. Nothing special: it simply gives an automatic but fixed red filtering. Obviously I will use it outside and disable it when using artificial light. I won't for this dive, to give you an idea of water absorbtion. It will be a moderately deep one (40 meters) but red will be gone to hell already.

I will see if there will be some footage worth of posting. Any preferred file hosting? Perhaps youtube is the best place, despite moderate quality corruption.

Edit: no wreck footage. F***ing camera body collapsed under pressure at a ridicolous 32m over a 40m certified depth. No water leakage but buttons were not operative.

Last edited by tormento; 11th June 2018 at 10:30. Reason: Utter jinx.
tormento is offline   Reply With Quote