Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 27th September 2019, 18:57   #28801  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Just play the end of the transcoded movie and see if anything is missing. It there were anything missing in the transcodes, I'm sure jdobbs would have noticed it and there would be a lot of reports about it.

Quote:
My Sony Player stops the film at the end of the reauthored mpls-file.
Players do generally stop playing at the end of the movie. So your point is a bit opaque. Is there anything missing at the end?

Last edited by videoh; 27th September 2019 at 19:27.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2019, 19:06   #28802  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Here the mpls-file from the main film. The first is the reauthored BD-Rebuilder and the second is the original file.
You only posted one.

If there's a bug I will fix it. But first I need to be sure there is a bug.
Old 27th September 2019, 19:14   #28803  |  Link
Michi

The sreenshot of tsmuxer shows both mpls-files.
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2019, 19:15   #28804  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Is content missing or not?
Old 27th September 2019, 19:23   #28805  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
The sreenshot of tsmuxer shows both mpls-files.
Ok. I see. Then if TSMUXER is reporting properly (which isn't clear) there is a 10 minute delta between the original and the recode.

So when it plays, does it actually stop 10 minutes short of the end?
Old 27th September 2019, 19:26   #28806  |  Link
Michi

The reauthored mpls-file is over 9 minutes shorter than the original. My Player plays only the shorter time-length of the reauthored mpls-file. The m2ts-file has the correct time-length
Old 27th September 2019, 19:30   #28807  |  Link
Michi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Ok. I see. Then if TSMUXER is reporting properly (which isn't clear) there is a 10 minute delta between the original and the recode.

So when it plays, does it actually stop 10 minutes short of the end?
Yes, the player stops 10 minutes short of the end and this is the time length, that show tsmuxer in the screenshot.
Old 27th September 2019, 19:58   #28808  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

I ask again, is content missing? It should be a simple answer.
Old 27th September 2019, 19:59   #28809  |  Link
Michi

Yes, the film is shorter.
Old 27th September 2019, 20:13   #28810  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

OK, thank you.
Old 27th September 2019, 20:52   #28811  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Quote:
That's the part that throws me. The original MPLS is used in a full backup. The only MPLS changes would be if the encode involved resolution change or if it was reencoded to a different format (like VC-1 to AVC). The chapter information, etc, is never changed. I'll go back through the code to make sure... but I'm pretty confident that's the case.

Also, no one else is reporting this issue. I think if the end of the movie was missing people would notice/report it???

A movie-only backup would be different. BD-RB generates the MPLS from scratch in that case.

Are you doing any external editing or modifications?
Itīs strange that you do not make any MPLS change on full backup.
I tried to do a FULL BACKUP of a UHD disc without any change (kept all audio, subtitles and no vídeo encode) and MPLS and CLPI are very diferent.

The problem i face itīs that is a image shutter/problem when on the same MPLS it changes between M2TS.

See the exemple attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BD Rebuilder compare.zip (130.4 KB, 23 views)
FilipeAmadeuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2019, 22:48   #28812  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeAmadeuO View Post
Itīs strange that you do not make any MPLS change on full backup.
I tried to do a FULL BACKUP of a UHD disc without any change (kept all audio, subtitles and no vídeo encode) and MPLS and CLPI are very diferent.

The problem i face itīs that is a image shutter/problem when on the same MPLS it changes between M2TS.

See the exemple attached.
There are other changes that can be made... like when you only keep certain audio tracks, subs, etc. But they are all made to a copy of the original MPLS. So it will never likely be identical, but also doesn't change radically. I don't change anything that doesn't have to be changed. Most of that code hasn't changed in years.

The CLPI file, on the other hand is completely revamped -- it has things like tables of pointers to access units throughout the M2TS -- so when there is a reencode it has to be made to match the reencoded output. The HD/SD baseline CLPI it is created by TSMUXER, but for UHD there have to be many updates to make it compatible with the UHD spec so BD-RB creates it from scratch.

I'll look at your attachment when I get a chance.

If there's something wrong I'll fix it... I'm running some jobs to see if I can repeat what was reported. Unfortunately, though, each job takes many hours to complete... so it may be a while.

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th September 2019 at 00:09.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2019, 00:39   #28813  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Can you please approve all the attachments for us? Thank you.
Old 28th September 2019, 05:11   #28814  |  Link
Acerjen

Quote:
The CLPI file, on the other hand is completely revamped -- it has things like tables of pointers to access units throughout the M2TS -- so when there is a reencode it has to be made to match the reencoded output. The HD/SD baseline CLPI it is created by TSMUXER, but for UHD there have to be many updates to make it compatible with the UHD spec so BD-RB creates it from scratch.

I am having the same (or similar) issue with my UHD Full Backups. Based on your desciption of the CLPI file, it may be the problem, not the MPLS file as Michi has claimed. Here is an example:

When I play the full backup of Star Trek Beyond 4K on my hardware player (an Xbox One X) it plays the entire film all the way to the end of the runtime, which is 1:59:03, but when I play the M2TS file on my computer (in Windows 10), it shows the film to be 2:02:22. So, it's not that the actual video file is short (or re-encoded improperly), but the pointer file(s) that the hardware players use to navigate the disc is wrong and off by just a bit. Again, based on your description of the CLPI file that has to be regenerated from scratch, it may be the issue.

Thanks for your time. Later.
Acerjen
Acerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2019, 05:34   #28815  |  Link
Acerjen

Most films seem to have one large M2TS file to play the contains everything, but I am running into some films that are spanned across more than one M2TS files. These tend to be films that have more than one version of the film on the discs. (I believe is is called seamless branching???) or have alternate intro credits using different languages (like Star Wars films). I am running into playback problems with these films right when the film goes from one M2TS file into the next. My player simply pauses and stays paused. I can chapter rewind back to the beginning and chapter forward to the spot it paused at and it plays fine. I am wondering if there is an issue with the pointer files (maybe the CLPI file) that navigate the player across the different M2TS files?

I can provide you with a specific example, but need to be reminded of which files you would need me to post?
Acerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2019, 09:35   #28816  |  Link
FilipeAmadeuO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerjen View Post
Most films seem to have one large M2TS file to play the contains everything, but I am running into some films that are spanned across more than one M2TS files. These tend to be films that have more than one version of the film on the discs. (I believe is is called seamless branching???) or have alternate intro credits using different languages (like Star Wars films). I am running into playback problems with these films right when the film goes from one M2TS file into the next. My player simply pauses and stays paused. I can chapter rewind back to the beginning and chapter forward to the spot it paused at and it plays fine. I am wondering if there is an issue with the pointer files (maybe the CLPI file) that navigate the player across the different M2TS files?

I can provide you with a specific example, but need to be reminded of which files you would need me to post?
Exact the same problem that I am facing. On my OPPO player it shutters a bit but moves to next m2ts.
FilipeAmadeuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2019, 12:20   #28817  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
Can you please approve all the attachments for us? Thank you.
I can't because part of the information in the attachment would violate rules.
Old 28th September 2019, 12:29   #28818  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerjen View Post
I am having the same (or similar) issue with my UHD Full Backups. Based on your desciption of the CLPI file, it may be the problem, not the MPLS file as Michi has claimed. Here is an example:

When I play the full backup of Star Trek Beyond 4K on my hardware player (an Xbox One X) it plays the entire film all the way to the end of the runtime, which is 1:59:03, but when I play the M2TS file on my computer (in Windows 10), it shows the film to be 2:02:22. So, it's not that the actual video file is short (or re-encoded improperly), but the pointer file(s) that the hardware players use to navigate the disc is wrong and off by just a bit. Again, based on your description of the CLPI file that has to be regenerated from scratch, it may be the issue.

Thanks for your time. Later.
Acerjen
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

The first job to test it is still running (it takes about 16 hours to do a typical UHD encode on my computer).

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th September 2019 at 12:36.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2019, 15:59   #28819  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

The first job to test it is still running (it takes about 16 hours to do a typical UHD encode on my computer).
Well... the first job completed (after 16 hours)... and the times and playback matched perfectly with the original.

I need one of you guys to provide me with your log and settings (the contents of BDREBUILDER.INI). I can't keep wasting 16 hours at a time chasing rabbits down holes.
Old 28th September 2019, 16:25   #28820  |  Link
jdobbs

@FilipeAmadeuO

You said you have many titles that experienced the issue. Can you give me a list of them in the hope that I have one of them to work with?