Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 4th December 2013, 16:48   #381  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorjharris View Post
I have creared an avc and mvc file with frimencode with default setings. I then tired to import them into DVD Architect Pro 6.0 which supports mvc files. Unfortunatly it rejects the files as incompatable. Has anyone succesfully imported a frimencoded file into DVDA or other 3D Blu-ray authorer?.
Is there an error you are getting from program or flat refuse to open file. Can you post sample related to this file for analysis make sure to upload avc and mvc stream.

Last edited by HWK; 4th December 2013 at 17:06.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 20:02   #382  |  Link
videofan3d

Quote:
I have creared an avc and mvc file with frimencode with default setings. I then tired to import them into DVD Architect Pro 6.0 which supports mvc files. Unfortunatly it rejects the files as incompatable. Has anyone succesfully imported a frimencoded file into DVDA or other 3D Blu-ray authorer?.
I personally don't have access to any official 3D Authoring SW, I rely on tsMuxer 3D.

It would be great if the guys, here who have such option, would share with us what is the best setting of FRIM parameters, i.e. the most compatible with BD3D standard
Thanks in advance...
videofan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 04:44   #383  |  Link
damorsoft

This is no doubt the best thing for 3D ever!!! I love it, this and tsMuxeR combine to make the best BDR25 copies I have ever seen.
I wasn't crazy about the piping being an x264 kind of guy, but the quality is right up there.
Here is my notes that I put together may help abit.

HOWTO make 3DBDR25
1.Using ANYdvd copy 3Dmovie to some folder on C
2.Use eac3to to find mpls file of main movie
-c:\3d\eac3to\eac3to c:\3d\00002.mpls
-c:\3d\eac3to\eac3to c:\3d\00002.mpls 1) or what ever track you want..
-NOTE: length of movie and track #'s of left right audio
3.USE tsMuxeR to open the *.mpls and extract the left and right eyes and an audio
-rename the input files from tsMuxer sleft.264 and sright.mvc
-OR
-USE eac3to to open the *.mpls
-eg c:\3d\eac3to\eac3to c:\3d\00002.mpls 1: left.h264 2: right.h264 3: audio.ac3
4. CALCULATE bitrate kb/sec 1048576 bytes = 1MB
-DTS Audio = eg 1.23GiB
-MUX OVERHEAD = 2.5GiB total 3.73GiB
-25.0gib - 3.73gib = 21.2gib of video = 21,200,000,000 bytes
-1:46:40 =6360sec
-21200*8/6360=26.7 * 1,000,000 = 26700kb/sec
5. DEcode and ENcode with FRIM NOTE the input names are different with tsMuxeR and eac3to
-FRIMDecode mvc -i inputL.h264 -i inputR.h264 -o \\.\pipe\TMP.yuv | FRIMencode.exe mvc -i \\.\pipe\TMP_L.yuv -i \\.\pipe\TMP_R.yuv -viewoutput -o left.avc -o -right.mvc -w 1920 -h 1080 -f 23.976 -l 4 -cpbsize 3750 -vbr ***bitrate*** 60000 -u 4 -profile high -level 4.0 -gop 24 4 0 O
-You will get the elementary files for the base view left.avc and right.mvc
6. Start tsMuxeR, open the video files from 5, add the audio files from 3., select as output Blu-ray ISO
7. Burn the .iso
----------------- CMD files for Decoding NOTE input names ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Convert.cmd
FRIMDecode mvc -i left.264 -i right.mvc -o \\.\pipe\TMP.yuv | FRIMencode.exe mvc -i \\.\pipe\TMP_L.yuv -i \\.\pipe\TMP_R.yuv -viewoutput -o nleft.avc -o nright.mvc -w 1920 -h 1080 -f 23.976 -l 4 -cpbsize 3750 -vbr 22300 60000 -u 4 -profile high -level 4.1 -gop 24 4 0 O
damorsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 10:56   #384  |  Link
tymoxa

Quote:
Has anyone succesfully imported a frimencoded file into DVDA or other 3D Blu-ray authorer?.
You can try this line:
Quote:
FRIMEncode.exe mvc -i test_L.yuv -i test_R.yuv -viewoutput -o test.avc -o test.mvc -w 1920 -h 1080 -f 23.976 -u 4 -vbr 30000 40000 -cpbsize 3570 -l 6 -profile high -level 4.1 -gop 24 4 0 O -PicTimingSEI off -EndOfSequence off
This line gives bd compliant main stream. Dependent stream have one error: The order of SEI messages in a dependent unit is incorrect. DoStudio muxed such streams with no problem. Scenarist muxed too with one condition: you have to uncheck "Enable spec check.." in MUI-generator when throw .mvc on it.

Last edited by tymoxa; 5th December 2013 at 10:58.
tymoxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 13:05   #385  |  Link
trevorjharris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymoxa View Post
You can try this line:

This line gives bd compliant main stream. Dependent stream have one error: The order of SEI messages in a dependent unit is incorrect. DoStudio muxed such streams with no problem. Scenarist muxed too with one condition: you have to uncheck "Enable spec check.." in MUI-generator when throw .mvc on it.
Thankyou for your help. This did not work the error message was

The dependent (.mvc) stream for the selected video is not Blu-ray complient or does not match the base stream.

May be this is due to the SEI messages being in the wrong order. Intel has a forum for the media SDK I may mention this there.
trevorjharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 14:14   #386  |  Link
tymoxa

Quote:
The dependent (.mvc) stream for the selected video is not Blu-ray complient or does not match the base stream.
You did something wrong.
Here is short sample encoded with FRIM: FRIM_SCEN_SAMPLE.zip
Just change ESPath in .ves files for your path, drag-n-drop test.mvc.ves into Data Editor of Scenarist and when it ask for .avc - point to test.avc.ves.
tymoxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 15:23   #387  |  Link
nunub

Quote:
Even if it is saying the file is ok outside of vegas u will get later on multiplex error saying that u better render with vegas. It is only made for vegas.
nunub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 15:49   #388  |  Link
nunub

frim encoder is the best and the fastest but lacking some compliancy factor just require some little tweaking, i hope the team of videofan3d and cedvano will complete this task also easily and very soon.
nunub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 20:51   #389  |  Link
Cedvano

I terminate my software with multi-options (demux and remux inside)
But I must go in hospital this week and I'm late in my software.
I'm now in my house for 3 days, I hope to finish.
Cedvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 18:18   #390  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
videofan3d, do you think it would be possible add support for creating I frame. Let say I want to insert I frame for chapters. I can specify 00:01:01:01, 00:04:02:08, 00:08:05:06 ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofan3d View Post
This I need to check - I guess that Intel provides some support for GOP manipulation .... patience, please
Quote:
Thanks, Jdobbs wanted this feature as well for his program.

Videofan3d, on Nov 25 I asked about is there ability in program to add I frame on demand for chapters. Did you get any chance to look into this.

Last edited by HWK; 7th December 2013 at 18:21.
Old 8th December 2013, 01:03   #391  |  Link
videofan3d

Quote:
Videofan3d, on Nov 25 I asked about is there ability in program to add I frame on demand for chapters. Did you get any chance to look into this.
Not yet - I'm busy now with my regular working staff
But still I keep it on the list ...
videofan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 02:56   #392  |  Link
jdobbs

@videofan3d

I'm a bit confused. Is libmfxsw32.dll required for FRIMDecode.exe and FRIMEncode.exe to run? I had assumed as much, but I just put just those two executables in a folder by themselves -- and they seem to be running fine without it. Am I missing something?
Old 10th December 2013, 03:21   #393  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@videofan3d

I'm a bit confused. Is libmfxsw32.dll required for FRIMDecode.exe and FRIMEncode.exe to run? I had assumed as much, but I just put just those two executables in a folder by themselves -- and they seem to be running fine without it. Am I missing something?
I can confirm this as well, I ran Frim Encode, Decode and Transcoder and it is working or at least I can open executable. I will do encode and see how it goes and do some research at Intel site.
Old 10th December 2013, 03:23   #394  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
@videofan3d

Jdobbs, what is the make of your processor and details related to it.
Old 10th December 2013, 03:29   #395  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Jdobbs, what is the make of your processor and details related to it.
I've run it on two computers and both run fine without the DLL. One is running an AMD A6-3600 (4 core) and the other is an AMD FX-8350 (8 core) -- both are running Win7.

I'm going back through the previous pages of the thread to see what I can find. I saw this from the v1.18 release:

Code:
- running platform is now detected automatically, i.e. "software mode" (using libmfxsw32.dll) is not a default anymore!
I sounds like it must be related, but I don't really understand what it means.

I just need to find out if I need to distribute the DLL when I release the 3D version of BD-RB. The DLL is kinda' big and I don't want to include it if I don't have to.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th December 2013 at 03:34.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 03:40   #396  |  Link
HWK

Based on some reading at Intel website it seems this dll come handy when using feature such as

Quote:
-labrc bitRate depth - LA BRC mode (in Kbits/s) for H.264 encoder
look ahead depth, in range [10,100] or 0(=auto),
number of frames to be analyzed before encoding
Supported only with -hw option on 4th Generation
on Intel Core processors
So far from my research it seems it is needed for 4th Generation on Intel Core processors, since frim take advantage of extra capabilities and if enabled during encoding. One of them is listed above, but let see what happens.

Last edited by HWK; 10th December 2013 at 03:43.
Old 10th December 2013, 03:46   #397  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Based on some reading at Intel website it seems this dll come handy when using feature such as

So far from my research it seems it is needed for 4th Generation on Intel Core processors, since frim take advantage of extra capabilities and if enabled during encoding. One of them is listed above, but let see what happens.
Since the default mode for hw/sw is auto -- I guess it's safest just to include the DLL. What kind of processor are you using? Is it an Intel platform?
Old 10th December 2013, 03:51   #398  |  Link
HWK

Yeah, good idea. If I may can I ask on which day one might expect new version with 3D, since my finger has itching effect to try out new version
Old 10th December 2013, 03:52   #399  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
What kind of processor are you using? Is it an Intel platform?
Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5 GHZ
Old 10th December 2013, 04:58   #400  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Yeah, good idea. If I may can I ask on which day one might expect new version with 3D, since my finger has itching effect to try out new version
I'd guess some time in the next few days. I hate to be vague, but I don't know what I might run into. The new TSMUXER version helped by fixing the "PES len" error. But I also had to adjust in several places because the "mplsfile=" parameter is deprecated now. That means I have to start running through all the battery of test sources again.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th December 2013 at 05:00.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
encoders, mvc