Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 5th March 2008, 15:38   #61  |  Link
moviefan

That's awesome news! I would be greatful, if you could explain the way to update the bdmv's, when you have added the feature. By the way, just for interest, how did you manage to "hack" the bdmv structure? As far as I know there are no specifications about it public. I only hat a quick look at a file in a hex editor, but couldn't think of a way to get the structure out of it, even after having seen the IFO specs for DVDs. I'm really curious and hope you tell me your secret .
moviefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 22:19   #62  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Multi angle BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican9 View Post
Could somebody send me a complete BD without the movie files?
The most important files: MovieObject.bdmv, index.bdmv, PLAYLIST\*.mpls, CLIPINF\*.clpi, (BDJO\*.*).
I would like to continue the developing of this tool, but I'm in Africa and I haven't brought any BD stuff with me.
I need help again.
I'm looking for a BD title which is containing multi-angle content.

Edit:
I've found, don't send to me more.

Last edited by Pelican9; 6th March 2008 at 18:59.
Pelican9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 19:01   #63  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

New snapshot is available.
You can see more from .mpls:
AppInfoPlayList
PlayList, PlayItems, multiangles, STNs
SubPath, SubPlayItems, multiangles
PlayListMark
Old 11th March 2008, 09:34   #64  |  Link
Warrex

Chapter Export

Hey Pelican,

are you working on chapter export? If so it would be cool if there would be an option to also output timestamps in a plain form you could copy and paste into tsMuxer (this would be great for Evodemux too).

e.g.:

00:00:00.000
00:04:05.666
Warrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 09:52   #65  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Just what I was looking for.

Cheers
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 17:33   #66  |  Link
Luvpeaceguru

Pelican, I'm sorry to be "Dumb & Dumber" but how do I use BDedit to determnine the order of m2ts files?

I am particularly stuck on "Close Encounters" which has 206 m2ts files of which 10 are over 1 GB and another 16 are 0.5 - 1 GB.

I also have a problem with "We Were Soldiers". I cannot find the last part of the movie.
Luvpeaceguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 19:16   #67  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvpeaceguru View Post
Pelican, I'm sorry to be "Dumb & Dumber" but how do I use BDedit to determnine the order of m2ts files?

I am particularly stuck on "Close Encounters" which has 206 m2ts files of which 10 are over 1 GB and another 16 are 0.5 - 1 GB.

I also have a problem with "We Were Soldiers". I cannot find the last part of the movie.
Send me the files (*.bdmv, *.mpls, *.clpi)
Old 11th March 2008, 23:08   #68  |  Link
hollydoc

Quote:
are you working on chapter export? If so it would be cool if there would be an option to also output timestamps in a plain form you could copy and paste into tsMuxer (this would be great for Evodemux too).

e.g.:

Just what I was looking for.

Hollydoc
hollydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 08:55   #69  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrex View Post
Hey Pelican,

e.g.:

Yes, but I thinking about the format of the chapter file.
Celltimes.txt (for the DVD) uses frames, maybe it could be better than timestrings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvpeaceguru View Post

Close encounters:
See the first three mpls (54,55,56)
It seems these three playlists contain three different version of the movie.

We were soldiers:
See the 00002.mpls. It seems it contains the whole movie in one clip (00003.m2ts) The length is 2:18:31

Last edited by Pelican9; 12th March 2008 at 08:59.
Old 12th March 2008, 23:29   #70  |  Link
Warrex

Quote:
Yes, but I thinking about the format of the chapter file.
Celltimes.txt (for the DVD) uses frames, maybe it could be better than timestrings.
That would be the most accurate solution, yes. Not practical regarding tsMuxer however which is IMHO the best free Blu-Ray Muxer currently. Maybe you want to consider making output as timestamps optional. There is still a lot of room in the options panel.
Old 13th March 2008, 07:08   #71  |  Link
hm10

pelican you saw what i sent you?
it's was good?
hm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 12:38   #72  |  Link
hollydoc

Chapter Export

In the last version of BDedit is no funktion for Chapter Export .
Can i find ans read the capturepoints with this Version?

Hollydoc
Old 18th March 2008, 09:48   #73  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

I've made a new version with chapter export/import (frame, PTS, time), but I cannot reach my site to upload it.
Old 18th March 2008, 11:01   #74  |  Link
hollydoc

you can uplod it over rapid share?

Hollydoc
Old 18th March 2008, 11:42   #75  |  Link
Warrex

Excellent! Hope your site will be accessible soon! Can't wait!

Edit: The new version is now on his site!

Last edited by Warrex; 18th March 2008 at 16:17.
Old 18th March 2008, 18:07   #76  |  Link
hollydoc

good work , Pelican9
chapter export works fine.
but i have a problem with 2 Bluray discs with multipe splitted m2ts files( Ratatouille and Cars EUR versiion)
Is there a solution?

Hollydoc
Old 21st March 2008, 01:16   #77  |  Link
survivant001

Pelican9
it is possible to replace the stream by another and be able to recreate the playlist ?

what I want to do is this :

I have a 00001.m2ts of 4.5 gigs. I want to split in 4gigs/500megs and replace the original file by these two. but I need a new playlist too.
survivant001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 12:14   #78  |  Link
Warrex

Feature proposals

@ Pelican

I hope I am not getting too annoying by constantly proposing things but I am quite new to the Blu-Ray experience and from looking at all the other BD tools I found several things important to me missing:

1. BD chapter export: as good as done in BD edit - thank you again!

2. Detection of forced subtitles: My assumption is that Blu-Ray is comparable to DVD here. Either the forced subs are in their own stream or they are embedded in the main language stream. It would be cool to be able to detect them effectively.

2.1 Detection through BDedit: Evodemux showed if a whole stream was forced after hitting "read xpl". Would be nice if BDedit could do the same thing. Would be even nicer if there was an option to scan other streams for forced subs (which are not completely forced).

2.2 Detection in SupRead: Again, it would be nice to see if a stream has forced subs when loading it in Supread and being able to extract only these subtitles. Btw. I am also all for 720p sup export and maybe a joint venture some day with a avs filter guy. Something like Vsfilter.dll for your sup files would be great to burn (forced) subs into the video stream.

3. Detection of delays: BD edit could calculate audio and subtitle delays for remuxing purposes. If you plan to add demuxing down the road the delay could be added to the filename.

I know that this is a pretty hefty list but all of these things are currently not done by any other application I know (at least not in a convenient way). So maybe you want to take these things into consideration.

Thanks for the great work so far!

Last edited by Warrex; 21st March 2008 at 12:17.
Old 21st March 2008, 18:58   #79  |  Link
sbcale

I am stuck on Enchanted. 150.mpls seems like the correct movie structure but when I copy /b them together it is very close but not perfect.

Some of the .m2ts files included in the 150.mpls have the correct audio but not video and some have most of the correct video but then it has some menu items in the middle of the .m2ts?? It just seems like all of the video and corresponding video are not in the same .m2ts together.

When I converted it to a wmv most of the audio and video were correct but some was not. I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. Thanks for any help!

sbcale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 18:40   #80  |  Link
f@chance

Thanks for the developing of this excellent tool. From the comments here it looks like people would want to modify their BDs the same way they did their DVDs.

For me that would mean perhaps 3 functions that would really raise the quality of this tool.

1. A listing of the M2TS files needed for playing back the main movie.

2. Modifying the structure in such a fashion that the annoying advertisements at start up can be removed. Case in point, Terabithia has a load of advertisement in the beginning. This is a screen shot when opening the BDMV folder.

http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?i...editbttjl6.jpg

The following m2ts streams are annoy ware, how can they be removed?
00006, 00026, 00028, 00029, 00030, 00031

3. The writing of the chapter points for purpose of remuxing and then use the next function to sip through them.

Again thanks for your excellent tool.
f@chance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bd menu, bdedit, blu-ray