Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 13th July 2017, 22:19   #881  |  Link
videofan3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
OK, thanks. It seems that my PC is the culprit. Could it be because I don't have an Intel CPU compatible with the hardware mode? (I encode usually with the platform = "" argument, and for my tests, I've forced platform = "sw" to be sure, but perhaps there is a bug in FRIMSource of in the Intel lib that assumes that the hardware mode is available anyway? Or does it crash when it tries to check anyway if hw mode is available?)
FRIM 1.27 is really mostly technical release, i.e. there are no changes in core-shared parts (including hw/sw detection), no changes in FRIMDecode, no changes in FRIMSource.
Changes are only in FRIMEncode and FRIMTranscode related to cropping.
And of course simple linkage with new Intel Media 2017 R1 source codes.

I can test only on my i7-4770K Haswell (desktop) and i3-3217U Ivy Bridge (laptop) - both have no issues
(although i3 is definitely not powerful enough for video encoding ... )
videofan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 07:22   #882  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Indeed, so far, it seems that I'm the only one with that problem. But if I have that problem, I'm pretty sure that others will have it too.

Perhaps you could add some debug print commands to FRIMSource just before and during the initialisation of the Intel lib, and send me that version? Currently, the crash occurs BEFORE the creation of the log file, so I suppose that the problem occurs exactly when the intel lib is opened, or when FRIM calls it for the first time. If you open the log file immediately, and you print everything during the startup of the plugin, it should be relatively easy to locate the exact point of the crash. If you do a debug version, I'll be happy to test it...
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 15:59   #883  |  Link
geheim

@videofan3d

Thanks for still maintaining these great applications! Would it be possible to improve FRIM by keeping the SEI Messages for 3D subtitles intact (like MVCEnc does)?? That would be more than great as it is the one thing I'm still missing when doing backups of 3D movies.
Thanks so much!
geheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 17:54   #884  |  Link
videofan3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by geheim View Post
@videofan3d

Thanks for still maintaining these great applications! Would it be possible to improve FRIM by keeping the SEI Messages for 3D subtitles intact (like MVCEnc does)?? That would be more than great as it is the one thing I'm still missing when doing backups of 3D movies.
Thanks so much!
Wow - that's the challenge!
This I need to study first ....
Old 14th July 2017, 18:42   #885  |  Link
videofan3d

Quote:
Indeed, so far, it seems that I'm the only one with that problem. But if I have that problem, I'm pretty sure that others will have it too.

Perhaps you could add some debug print commands to FRIMSource just before and during the initialisation of the Intel lib, and send me that version? Currently, the crash occurs BEFORE the creation of the log file, so I suppose that the problem occurs exactly when the intel lib is opened, or when FRIM calls it for the first time. If you open the log file immediately, and you print everything during the startup of the plugin, it should be relatively easy to locate the exact point of the crash. If you do a debug version, I'll be happy to test it...
Let's do first simple iteration:

https://ulozto.cz/!G0m8JPWmwalZ/frim...bg20170714-dll

Use this library, which will create another file c:\FRIMSOURCE.log (always in root of C: )

This log should look like

Code:
**** Create_FRIMSource
**** FRIM.Open()
**** pPipeline->Init(&Params)
**** m_mfxSession.Init() - 1
... initiated
... initiated
**** FRIM.ReadFrame()
**** FRIM.ReadFrame()
**** FRIM.ReadFrame()
**** FRIM.ReadFrame()
**** FRIM.Close()
and then let me know.

If it doesn't create this file at all, or the first lines won't be
**** Create_FRIMSource
**** FRIM.Open()
then it means that Avisynth is not able to load plugin (and you need to check your Avisynth 2.6.0 installation)
Old 15th July 2017, 08:02   #886  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the debug version. I've just tested it. It crashes too, with no log file at all, exactly like the release version. But I don't think there is a problem with my avisynth installation. It can load every DLL I've tried so far, including the old FRIMSource, DGMVCDecode, and a lot of other plugins. Why should it be unable to load the new FRIMSource? And what is the difference with the old one that makes the new version impossible to load with my avisynth? Also, if I leave only the LoadPlugin() command in the script, without actually using it, avisynth doesn't crash. It's only the first call to FRIMSource() that makes it crash. Therefore, it seems that it can load it correctly.

Anyway, I will reinstall avisynth, just to be sure. I'll keep you informed...

Last edited by r0lZ; 15th July 2017 at 08:10.
Old 15th July 2017, 08:43   #887  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have de-installed avisynth, removed all additional plugins, rebooted, and re-installed avisynth 2.6.0. Still the same problem.

Windows shows me a debug message offering to send 3 files to M$. I have refused, but I have kept the files. If they can be useful to help diagnose the problem, you can download them here.

Don't spend too mych time on this problem. If it is confirmed that the crash occurs only on my PC, I will distribute the new FRIMSource with the next version of BD3D2MK3D, and I will use DGMVCDecode personally. Thanks anyway for your patience!
Old 16th July 2017, 22:02   #888  |  Link
videofan3d

Quote:
I have de-installed avisynth, removed all additional plugins, rebooted, and re-installed avisynth 2.6.0. Still the same problem.
Let's try one more test: here is another dbg library.
Again, it will create file c:\FRIMSOURCE.log which should look like this:

Code:
*** AvisynthPluginInit3
    done
**** Create_FRIMSource
**** FRIM.Open()
**** pPipeline->Init(&Params)
**** m_mfxSession.Init() - 1
... initiated
... initiated
**** FRIM.ReadFrame()
**** FRIM.ReadFrame()
**** FRIM.Close()
Function Create_FRIMSource() is the actual decoding function, while AvisynthPluginInit3 is assuring its registration in Avisynth framework. Registration is called as part of loading library.
Remark: Please check also if you don't have - by an accident - some residual avisynth.dll in your system, which could potentially harm loading 2.6.0 libraries (version 2.6.0 changed registration method if I remember correctly).
Let me know....

Last edited by videofan3d; 16th July 2017 at 22:06.
Old 17th July 2017, 09:27   #889  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I have removed all instances of avisynth.dll, except of course the one in %WINDIR%\SysWOW64, and rebooted again. Then I've tested the new FRIMSource_dbg20170716.dll with AvsPMod. Still the same problem. The script crashes immediately, and there is no log file. But then I did another test with Simple x264 Launcher... and it worked! :-)
Tested again with AvsPMod, crash again. With x264 launcher, it worked again.

I have then tested the recent release version... and it worked correctly from AvsPMod and from Simple Launcher! Rebooted again, and new test with AvsPMod and the release version of FRIMSource: perfect.

I really don't understand why it crashes in some circumstances but not every times. And why your latest debug version seems less stable than the release version. And why the presence of some (possibly outdated) avisynth.dll files in obscure directories NOT in my %PATH% can (perhaps) make a difference, but I suppose that removing them completely was the key. Thanks for suggesting it!

If you want, I can post the content of the log here, but I don't think that it's interesting, since it is produced only when everything works as expected.

I consider the problem as solved (although I still don't understand how it has been solved) and I will include the new FRIMSource with the next release of BD3D2MK3D.

Huge thanks for your patience, and sorry for having bothered you with this problem. (It would have been much more interesting for you and us to work on the SEI messages and the 3D depth of the subtitles. Of course, I'm also interested in this. It's the main thing that prevents me to add the possibility to convert to AVC+MVC in BD3D2MK3D.)
Old 22nd July 2017, 08:01   #890  |  Link
Thalyn

Not sure if you consider this to be an issue or not, but I discovered why I haven't been able to use FRIMSource properly since March of last year.

To quickly recap, I'd been having issues with software decoding simply stating that it "Cannot initialize Intel Media SDK session." This would be all the log would show, both for FRIMSource and for the program I was using (MeGUI, VirtualDub, etc). Hardware decoding would work, but I've since switched to a Ryzen so that isn't exactly an option anymore.

Curiosity (or some kind of dementia) got me, however, and I copied "libmfxsw32.dll" across to the path where the AVS script was, in addition to where I keep FRIMSource. Fired up the same script again and it seemed quite happy. Hopefully happy enough that this encode won't turn green part way (hence trying to get FRIMSource working again), but I won't know that for another 2 hours.

So, it would seem that it's looking for the Intel DLL in the same path as the script, rather than where the plugin is located. But it may only be doing that in software mode (or may only require that DLL for software decoding).
Thalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:24   #891  |  Link
videofan3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by geheim View Post
@videofan3d

Thanks so much!
(Challenge was accepted)

Handling offset-metadata SEI messages in FRIM is difficult (due to pipeline processing), and I believe it is more generic task than only being part of MVC encoding.

I created a tool h264Offset3D for manipulation with offset-metadata.

I added this tool to my another SW package H.264 Patcher and BD-Tools. Please use this thread for all comments or questions...
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:03   #892  |  Link
geheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofan3d View Post
(Challenge was accepted)

Handling offset-metadata SEI messages in FRIM is difficult (due to pipeline processing), and I believe it is more generic task than only being part of MVC encoding.

I created a tool h264Offset3D for manipulation with offset-metadata.

I added this tool to my another SW package H.264 Patcher and BD-Tools. Please use this thread for all comments or questions...
Thanks so much for this, I'll take a look at it

@jdobbs Perhaps you want to take a look at it as well, perhaps it would be possible to integrate this in BD Rebuilder to keep SEI Messages intact in the backup??

Last edited by geheim; 3rd August 2017 at 15:42.
geheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 22:05   #893  |  Link
MrVideo

Where does one find the command line options for FRIMSource? Also, what if you do not know the value for num_frames?
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 22:29   #894  |  Link
MrVideo

I'm trying to run a script that BDRB created in my own script, as I am trying to encode H.264/4:2:2 videos to H.264/4:2:0. But, the script fails:
Code:
avs [error]: LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:\Program Files (x86)\BD_Rebuilder\tools\frimsource.dll", Proc not found.  Update library version?
(e:\\00001.avs, line 2)
x264 [error]: could not open input file `e:\\00001.avs'
x264 pass 1 exited with error code 255.
The DLL is there (has to be, as BDRB uses it )
Code:
dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\BD_Rebuilder\tools\frimsource.dll"      
-r-xr-xr-x+ 1 Administrator None 365568 Mar 27  2015 C:\Program Files (x86)\BD_Rebuilder\tools\frimsource.dll
So, what "Proc" is not being found?
Old 24th September 2017, 07:45   #895  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

You need the Intel library libmfxsw32.dll somewhere in the path, or if you have an Intel compatible CPU, you should update its drivers (that will probably update the hardware version of the same lib, libmfxhw32.dll).
Old 24th September 2017, 07:59   #896  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
You need the Intel library libmfxsw32.dll somewhere in the path, or if you have an Intel compatible CPU, you should update its drivers (that will probably update the hardware version of the same lib, libmfxhw32.dll).
I have an AMD CPU. I saw some postings regarding libmfxsw32.dll and copied it to the location of the video file I was working on. But that still resulted in the error. So, I have no clue as to where to put it.
Old 26th September 2017, 13:19   #897  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
You need the Intel library libmfxsw32.dll somewhere in the path
What path?
Old 26th September 2017, 16:34   #898  |  Link
sef

@MrVideo
Folder with frimsource.dll
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2017, 22:06   #899  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sef View Post
Folder with frimsource.dll
Well, that would be the BDRB installed location. Doesn't work for me when I try and call up frimsource.

Now I am really confused. BDRB works, yet I can't get it to work.
Old 27th September 2017, 09:38   #900  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
What path?
In one of the directories referenced by the %PATH% environment variable. For example, in C:\Windows\, or you can also put it in any directory and add that directory in the PATH variable (with Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced tab -> Environment Variables -> User Variables frame).

As suggested by sef, you can also put it with the directory containing frimsource.dll itself, as it is theoretically dynamically added to the path when frimsource.dll is opened, but AFAIK it's not always sufficient.

If BDRB works, that might be because it changes its current directory to the directory containing libmfxsw32.dll when it needs it. An avisynth script does theoretically the same thing, but that depends of the version of fork of avisynth you use.

Anyway, tell us where is your copy of libmfxsw32.dll (and of libmfxhw32.dll, if you have it). Maybe we will be able to understand why it doesn't work.

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th September 2017 at 09:43.

Tags
encoders, mvc