Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 11th January 2019, 20:12   #1401  |  Link
napouser

hi

2 moar bugs not really important ones

1) lets assume u made a movie and its bad it ended up too big
u go to completed tab right click restore and change qrf20 to 21 and denoise from light to medium or something

now if u do the same thing with a movie that is processing . lets say current queue encodes a movie and its at 10% and its already like 500mb so it will end up +-5gb. u stop the encode and right click on the movie to change the values

for some reason the program sets the values to the preset selected AND NOT THE ACTUAL VALUES U SELECTED when u pressed encode
so for instance if u selected preset X and changed the values abit like made the default qrf25 into 22 and no denoise into medium restoring the movie FROM THE QUEUE (not from completed) will restore it wiyth qrf25 and no denoise isntead of what u selected

2) this must be relevant to the previous bug and i suspect it might be relevant to how picker system is handled but a similar bug exists with time selection
remember when i told u about a bug where if u pick a picker with a specific time selection the autoname feature is disabled and the name is stuck ?
then u fixed it and now the autorename function works even with a picker that has a specific time selection. (obviusly the autorename function works always for complete movie pickers)

what i found out , out of the blue, is that if u manually change the time selection (that the picker selects lets say from 1 00 00 to 1 06 40) to lets say 0 30 00 to 0 35 00 (basically anything that is not handled by a picker ) and then proceed to start encode . then the completed encode if u right click and edit the autorename function is disabled again

basically i found out about this bug due to the fact that some movies coisidently the sample at 1 00 00 mark was bad so i had to use an other scene

obviously this is not a major bug and i dont even care abotu fixing it just wanted to point it out . i assume that the whole code with time selections , picker , and autorename fucntion from completed tab is too messy and very easy to create such bugs

anyway
as usual thanks for ur wonderfull program already encoded 500+ movies and keep going
any hope to add custom log folder?

Last edited by napouser; 11th January 2019 at 20:15.
napouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2019, 19:12   #1402  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Having trouble reproducing those bugs. It brings the correct values back when editing for me. Maybe you could break them out into explicit steps?

1) Step 1
2) Step 2
... etc

As for custom log folder. I have that change with a bunch of other log changes waiting for the next Beta release (after I get Stable out the door).
RandomEngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2019, 19:48   #1403  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 4.28:

This release includes everything from the v4 Betas:
  • Consolidated main window controls and menus into a Ribbon menu. Makes the interface cleaner and easier to use.
  • Overhauled source view into an "accordion" style:
  • Each section is expandable to show more detail, with sections auto-expanding as space allows.
  • Video expands to show a screenshot and source details.
  • Audio and subtitles expand to show all source tracks, without the need to dig into menus or open additional dialogs.
  • Section headers give a clear summary of which tracks are selected to appear in the output.
  • Updated HandBrake Core to 1.2.0 Stable. Among the changes this brings:
  • Added support for AMD VCE and Nvidia NVENC hardware-accelerated encoders.
  • Switched decoding library from Libav to FFmpeg, which fixes many previously unreadable sources.
  • Updated presets to use Stereo rather to avoid issues with DPL2 mixdown.
  • Added support for E-AC3 in MP4 container.
  • Added Speex audio decoder.
  • Added TIFF/LZMA video decoder.
  • Picker enhancements:
  • Added option to change capitalization format for titles from "Every Word" to "First word"
  • Added ability to select a time range.
  • Added ability to choose audio and subtitle tracks by index.
  • Added Dark theme. This is applied automatically based on the Windows 10 setting, or can be set manually.
  • Made VidCoder much easier to access with screen readers and keyboard.
  • Made VidCoder work correctly in High Contrast mode.
  • Added ability to execute multiple simultaneous encodes. Go to Global Options -> Process -> Maximum simultaneous encode jobs. This can be useful on a machine with many CPU cores.
  • Added "Encode complete" Windows notifications for the Store version.
  • Added option to stop encoding, close VidCoder, sleep, hibernate or shut down after currently encoding jobs complete.
  • Added options to apply current encoding settings to some or all queue items.
  • Added a right click option to completed items to retry failed items.
  • Changed to use .part suffix while encoding the video. When done, it deletes failed partial files and renames completed files to the final name. This should reduce the amount of junk left behind from failed encodes.
  • Fixed many bugs
Old 13th January 2019, 08:59   #1404  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 5.0 Beta:
  • Started v5 Betas.
  • Overhauled log system
  • Each scan and encode has its own separate log, and general app messages are put into the General log.
  • Logs for past scan and encode events are visible on the Log window.
  • Added button to upload the log to Pastebin and copy a link to it.
  • Added option to copy logs to a custom directory.
  • Removed in-memory log copy which should reduce VidCoder memory consumption.
  • Note that log functionality will be reduced if worker process encoding is turned off, due to limitations in how we get log messages from the HandBrake core.
  • Fixed Foreign Audio Search choice not appearing when it's not brought in by a Picker.
  • Changed "total" count for audio and subtitle tracks in summary to always reflect the source track count and not count duplicated output tracks.
Old 14th January 2019, 06:28   #1405  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 4.29:
  • Fixed drag and drop reorder not affecting output for subtitles and audio tracks.
  • Fixed Foreign Audio Search choice not appearing when it's not brought in by a Picker.
  • Changed "total" count for audio and subtitle tracks in summary to always reflect the source track count and not count duplicated output tracks.
Old 15th January 2019, 07:14   #1406  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 5.1 Beta:
  • Added shortcut buttons to source panel to change audio and video encoding settings.
  • Removed Advanced tab. It had not been updated in years, is missing a ton of options, bad defaults, inaccurate tooltips and no protection from invalid settings. The recommended way to alter these settings is now through the More Options box and referring to up-to-date documentation on the settings: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MeGUI/x264_Settings
Old 16th January 2019, 07:07   #1407  |  Link
napouser

one request for beta

"Changed to use .part suffix while encoding the video. When done, it deletes failed partial files and renames completed files "

can we get an option in settings to DISABLE autodeleting failed PARTs ?
i like junk cauze it allows me to know if a movie failed (happens 1 in 20 movies) so i can deal with it
it also allows me to stop encoding any time and take a look at the incomplete file for quality/info
watching the completed tab is not much use for me cauze it shows few stuff and some times the failures get lost in the sea of succesfull ones

"Having trouble reproducing those bugs. It brings the correct values back when editing for me. Maybe you could break them out into explicit steps?"

its a little bit hard for me as well
some times it works some times doesnt
have definetaly seen it tho
even today i saw it with beta 5.0
basically district9 was too big stopped it mid way edit and settings were like preset instead of what i have setup them
i remember it specifically cauze i had to stop the movie 2 times . started with qrf 19 then 20 then had to do it in 21 . both 2 times i restored settings the audio went to the stadard 448kbs of the preset instead of the 640kbs i had choosen originally (cauze the movie was 7.1)
this DOES NOT happen if u restore a movie from the completed

as far as the other bug its not really important and only happens if u change the specific time frame that u got from the picker into something else and then proceed to restore a completed one . it will have a stuck name . not really important tho

Last edited by napouser; 16th January 2019 at 07:10.
Old 17th January 2019, 02:54   #1408  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

If you need to know when something failed I don't think a junk file is the best way to communicate that. I'd rather have something in the UI, maybe on the completed tab. Would it be helpful to have the tab header say Completed (27, 2 failed) or something?
Old 17th January 2019, 04:01   #1409  |  Link
napouser

how about if some1 decides to stop an encode midway . why not being able to look at the file to see the results?
also i am not asking to leave the part files i am asking for an advanced option to disable deleting. u can still leave the delete option by default for most people
Old 17th January 2019, 06:54   #1410  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

It's a bit more complex than just turning off deleting. If they get left there then the next encode is going to need to use a different .part name. If I added that option I'd need to rename the file to something like .failed.mp4 or .stopped.mp4 . But that would be a reasonable option.
Old 18th January 2019, 09:38   #1411  |  Link
napouser

yea good point. that would be helpfull
u see if u mediainfo a "in progress " encode it wont show much info
but if u stop it the handbrake will at least write some usefulll info in it like bitrate tags etc
Old 19th January 2019, 07:35   #1412  |  Link
legend

I am newly in VidCoder 5.1 Beta. How do I make sample for checking quality before full encoding... In MeGui it is easy to make from avisynthscript.

Last edited by legend; 19th January 2019 at 08:34.
legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2019, 07:03   #1413  |  Link
napouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend View Post
I am newly in VidCoder 5.1 Beta. How do I make sample for checking quality before full encoding... In MeGui it is easy to make from avisynthscript.

i assume that other are more knowledgable in those things as i am not really that experienced only been doing this a couple of months

i think vidcoder has a preview function that can quickly encode a small portion and show it inside the program to get an idea

personally however what i do is when i add the initial queue of movies of the week to encode (lets say 25 movies) and i need to find out what qrf to use for each one (some take 21 some 24) i use the picker function of the program. this picker presets uses a custom folder for samples uses specific settings such as no audio no subs so u actually test only the video size and finally it allows me to pick a specific timeframe so i just pick 1 00 00 to 1 06 40

so drag and drop 25 movies
25 samples are created
if each one is around 100mb then the qrf u selected gave 2000kbs
if some movie ends up 200mb the qrf resulted in 4000kbs
and then u keep reencoding them from completed tab until u get the sample u want
Old 22nd January 2019, 06:56   #1414  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 4.30:
  • Fixed issue with original subtitle getting deselected when duplicating a subtitle.
  • Updated translations.
Old 25th January 2019, 08:25   #1415  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 5.2 Beta:
  • Added option to keep failed and stopped output video files. Global options -> Advanced -> Keep files from failed or stopped encodes .
  • Updated HandBrake core to latest nightly.
  • Changed to display final encoding parameters directly under the "more settings" box.
  • Fixed issue where the final parameters list would not update after switching presets.
  • Fixed issue with original subtitle getting deselected when duplicating a subtitle.
  • Fixed "Foreign audio search" showing up on sources with no subtitles.
Old 26th January 2019, 04:06   #1416  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 4.31:
  • Fixed "Foreign audio search" showing up on sources with no subtitles.
  • Marked program as requiring .NET Framework 4.7.1 to give a better error message for the portable version.
Old 26th January 2019, 04:19   #1417  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 5.3 Beta:
  • Fixed full x264 options string getting cut off when too long.
  • Added required .NET framework version back to app.config to give better error message for portable version.
Old 26th January 2019, 21:58   #1418  |  Link
napouser

hi

request

can u add preset and qrf colloumn in completed tab like in queue tab so when some1 wants to reencode soemthing cauze it went too big or too small to know wich settings to change? (some times restored from completed does not maintain the settings entirely)
Old 27th January 2019, 03:42   #1419  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by napouser View Post
hi

request

can u add preset and qrf colloumn in completed tab like in queue tab so when some1 wants to reencode soemthing cauze it went too big or too small to know wich settings to change? (some times restored from completed does not maintain the settings entirely)
If it doesn't restore the settings correctly, I'd like to fix that. Do you have steps to reproduce the issue?
Old 28th January 2019, 05:23   #1420  |  Link
napouser

not really. problem is inconsistent happens rarely and most of the time i am not even sure if the program changed the settings back to default or i just used the defaults for the preset for some reason
thats why i am asking for the qrf in completed becauze if i restore a qrf 22 and it goes to 20 then its obvius that something resets the settings