Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th January 2017, 23:33   #5261  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Out of interest could you try it please directly with the DVD source (not shrinked, remuxed, stripped, ...)? I would like to know if then the same (wrong) timestamps will appear.
This is where my understand of the DVD structure is lacking. In re-author mode DVDShrink just displays title numbers, as does MPC-HC when View/Information is enabled. That's how I know which titles to re-author, by playing each episode with MPC-HC and noting the title numbers. How does everybody else do it, if they want to rip just a single episode, for example?

Anyway, I was able to find the correct PCG due to it's duration (DVDShrink and MPC-HC display it as Title 27). I ripped the subtitles directly from the disc with MeGUI, Unfortunately the timings were still wrong, but it must be something peculiar to this DVD. I don't think I've ever had this problem before.

hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 11:55   #5262  |  Link
mini-moose

Zathor, I'm trying File Indexer with pgcdemux now.

Couple of questions:

1) It doesn't extract the chapters (another thing I always do with pre-extracting vobs on my own). The chapters are extracted on OCE though.

2) There is an option with DGIndex to choose which audios to keep, but it's greyed out (I think it's been like that for a long time?) :

https://s23.postimg.org/899ffb20b/pgc.png

OCE and subs:

You said I can add edit a profile to include more/all subs.
From what I can see, if I want to include all subs I need to add all the languages on the langs menu?

Last edited by mini-moose; 5th January 2017 at 11:59.
mini-moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2017, 22:33   #5263  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-moose View Post
Zathor, I'm trying File Indexer with pgcdemux now.

Couple of questions:

1) It doesn't extract the chapters (another thing I always do with pre-extracting vobs on my own). The chapters are extracted on OCE though.
Yes, now the File Indexer is PGC aware, it'd be nice if it could be configured to extract all the required streams. Although as it uses DGIndex to extract the audio and index, I don't know how hard it'd be to implement.

Quote:
2) There is an option with DGIndex to choose which audios to keep, but it's greyed out (I think it's been like that for a long time?) :
It's been greyed out for quite a while. I've wondered about that myself, but because I only ever keep the required audio streams when ripping/re-authoring, I generally don't need to select specific ones, so I've kept forgetting to mention it.
Old 8th January 2017, 11:58   #5264  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetti View Post
FLAC v1.3.2 is released.
Thanks, uploaded

Quote:
What I meant is if I want to do the indexing and subextracting in one go, I could then use OCE, but in order to extract them with it, they must be set to be muxed.
Ah, so you area searching for a way to only extract with OCE. Yes, this is not directly possible. As you mentioned you have to create a profile where video encoding is disabled & all audio processing is set to "never encode". That way everything will be extracted and muxed again - if you do not run the mux steps you have your extracted files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Yes, the option is disabled. It's not possible to extract them with the correct name in the first place and avoid the intermediate copy?
If you have selected to use independent files for each track: no

Quote:
I'll have to do it a bit later (the real world calls) but did you want the extracted idx/sub files or the original ifo/vob files? They certainly appear to be empty. I opened the extracted idx file with subresync and it didn't display anything. When I open the original ifo/vob files with Subtitle Edit, the option to only show forced subtitles is unavailable, so it doesn't think there are any. Actually, looking at the log file again, MeGUI agrees, but they're not being deleted. Are the empty forced subtitles counted as intermediate files?
Correct, so I do not need the files anymore.

Quote:
I'm trying File Indexer with pgcdemux now.
Correct, you have to use either OCE or the ChapterCreator for that. The FileIndexer is not a "demux everything tool".

Quote:
Thanks, was a regression of a recent change. Will be changed in 2701.

Quote:
OCE and subs:
You said I can add edit a profile to include more/all subs.
From what I can see, if I want to include all subs I need to add all the languages on the langs menu?
Yes, or no selection at all (no entry, no even [none]) and then the option "languages to select if selection does not match" to all. But yes, an [all] option would make more sense.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2017, 14:54   #5265  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
Ah, so you area searching for a way to only extract with OCE. Yes, this is not directly possible. As you mentioned you have to create a profile where video encoding is disabled & all audio processing is set to "never encode". That way everything will be extracted and muxed again - if you do not run the mux steps you have your extracted files.
Exactly.

Tried OCE with encode phases disabled. Sadly, it won't work for what I wanted.
mini-moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 04:43   #5266  |  Link
nandoom

Thumbnail/Screenshot Tool

I wonder if a thumbnail/screenshot creation tool ( configurable ) could be integrated in MeGUI. It would be a nice feature to have

Thanks
nandoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 07:42   #5267  |  Link
hello_hello

Is anyone here using MeGUI for 2 pass x264 encoding on a 64bit Windows?

There's a log file attached to a post at VideoHelp here which seems to indicate the command line is broken. If you're around Zathor, could you please take a quick look?

Thanks.
Old 15th January 2017, 12:19   #5268  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Is anyone here using MeGUI for 2 pass x264 encoding on a 64bit Windows?

There's a log file attached to a post at VideoHelp here which seems to indicate the command line is broken. If you're around Zathor, could you please take a quick look?
It does work for me.

Sadly the person there does not post a full log including the versions stuff. Also it seems to me that the first pass for him/her fails with
Code:
---[Error] [15/01/2017 7:47:47 AM] x264 [error]: can't parse qpfile for frame 0
Therefore the first pass is detected as with errors and the second job wont start. See here for a potential solution:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=167736
Old 15th January 2017, 16:02   #5269  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2702 [x265]                 added the cutree file to the intermediate file set. Bug #869
2701 [FileIndexer]          fixed unable to select specific audio tracks to be demuxed from a DVD source with DG Indexer (regression of 2668)
Old 17th January 2017, 19:52   #5270  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Sadly the person there does not post a full log including the versions stuff. Also it seems to me that the first pass for him/her fails with
Code:
---[Error] [15/01/2017 7:47:47 AM] x264 [error]: can't parse qpfile for frame 0
Therefore the first pass is detected as with errors and the second job wont start. See here for a potential solution:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=167736
Yeah it turned out to be caused by the qpfile error. I thought the first pass had run though and there was a problem with the second pass and it didn't appear to be related to the qpfile problem. I guess I was wrong about that.

Thanks.
Old 23rd January 2017, 13:58   #5271  |  Link
kuchikirukia

Taking a look at the "Add pre-rendering job", it looks like ffmpeg is running the huffyuv encode in the same thread as Avisynth. (opening in process explorer, I don't see anything that looks like a separate thread.) Since Avisynth is single-thread limited, can the encode be split out into its own thread?
kuchikirukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:04   #5272  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Only if ffmpeg can create separate threads for reading the input and encoding it. AviSynth will then be used by ffmpeg, not by MeGUI.

The ffmpeg option "-threads auto" should enable multithreading in general.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 23rd January 2017 at 14:10.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:51   #5273  |  Link
kuchikirukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Only if ffmpeg can create separate threads for reading the input and encoding it. AviSynth will then be used by ffmpeg, not by MeGUI.

The ffmpeg option "-threads auto" should enable multithreading in general.
Just looked at the command line and it's set to -threads 0, which I take it should do it. So I guess it's unsupported?

[Information] [1/23/2017 1:02:48 AM] Job command line: "C:\Users\Documents\MeGUI\tools\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -y -i "C:\Users\Documents\4.avs" -c:v ffvhuff -threads 0 -sn -an -context 1 -vstrict -2 -pred 2 "C:\Users\Documents\hfyu_4.avi"

I guess I'll be running some test later to see if lossless x264 works better.

Last edited by kuchikirukia; 24th January 2017 at 05:09.
kuchikirukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 19:29   #5274  |  Link
kalehrl

Has anyone noticed that MeGUI has become slower when creating and saving avisynth scripts?
There is a delay of 6, 7 seconds during which time MeGUI becomes unresponsive and you can't click any button.
kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 20:40   #5275  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalehrl View Post
Has anyone noticed that MeGUI has become slower when creating and saving avisynth scripts?
There is a delay of 6, 7 seconds during which time MeGUI becomes unresponsive and you can't click any button.
No!
Just out of curiosity:
Which indexer did you use?
Tried all available, just the normal pause at the indexing stage.
Avisource, directshowsource and dss2 should load almost instantly.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 20:41   #5276  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalehrl View Post
Yeah.... if you're referring to loading them into the video section and adding them to the job queue. At one stage Zathor removed some of the checking MeGUI does (I believe) and it became faster, but for some reason it appears to be getting progressively slower again, especially when there's slow filtering such as QTGMC in a script, and for whatever reason it seems to be slower when L-Smash is used for indexing than when ffms2 is used, which is kind of annoying given ffms2 and the script creator don't play nice together. Six or seven seconds is probably longer then the delay I experience, but it'd be several seconds.... however many that is.

A couple of times I've loaded a script into the video section and clicked the Queue button before MeGUI had finished whatever checking it does, and ended up with the previous script added to the job queue only with the name of the current script as the output file.... or something like that.... but I learned to be a bit more patient after that did my head in.

Last edited by hello_hello; 6th February 2017 at 20:48.
Old 6th February 2017, 20:49   #5277  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

The index files are in different formats, I believe (one binary, one in plain text), thus have different sizes. Also don't forget, one of them may only index audio streams when audio is indexed first, the other instead may always; but I can't keep in mind which does what.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 22:24   #5278  |  Link
hello_hello

MeGUI tells ffms2 to only index the video when there's no audio selected in the file indexer or when the audio is being extracted. L-Smash has no such option and always indexes each stream.
Old 7th February 2017, 04:10   #5279  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
A couple of times I've loaded a script into the video section and clicked the Queue button before MeGUI had finished whatever checking it does, and ended up with the previous script added to the job queue only with the name of the current script as the output file.... or something like that.... but I learned to be a bit more patient after that did my head in.
The same type of thing has happened to me in the past, so I was forced to learn (at least a bit of) patience. Thanks MeGUI!
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2017, 14:09   #5280  |  Link
kalehrl

The biggest "freezes" are when saving avisynth scripts and queueing video files to be encoded.
kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote