Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 17th April 2019, 21:44   #841  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Yes, the additional gray frame is just virtual, it was already so in Avery Lee's original, for a reason ... I believe you have to be able to set the end of a cut range behind the last frame to be exported.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2019, 00:34   #842  |  Link
shekh

This was mentioned few pages back
There is "zoom timeline" mode which can be handy for other purposes but you can also do this: right after opening source press Go->Zoom selection. The virtual frame will be out of reach.
Old 18th April 2019, 23:30   #843  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekh View Post
This was mentioned few pages back
There is "zoom timeline" mode which can be handy for other purposes but you can also do this: right after opening source press Go->Zoom selection. The virtual frame will be out of reach.
The "go->zoom selection" option was grayed out when the script was first opened. It's just weird to have a frame on the timeline that doesn't belong to the clip.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2019, 02:48   #844  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

It's because setting an in-point is inclusive (the frame selected will be in the trimmed clip) but the out-point is exclusive (the frame selected will NOT be in the trimmed clip). This makes a certain amount of sense from a mathematical point of view - if you want a 50-frame clip, you select your in-point, then jump ahead 50 frames and selected your out-point.

Avisynth's in- and out-points are both inclusive, which is why trim(0,100) produces a 101-frame clip, not a 100-frame clip. That feels less sensible to me.