Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th May 2011, 09:15   #3481  |  Link
LordMerlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
I guess they override Vista/7 restrictions doing it this way without the need for manipulating the registry ?
Though it's strange no contact information no forum no nothing just a change log some bad translated help and that was it,that this comes as a executable most probably somewhere out of east europe (russia) also should make some nervous
As far as I myself understand there are 3 ways to override the connection:
1. Media type in the tab Output. (Audio not working)
2. Download the selected filter tab Graph Builder.
3. Compulsory connection to the filter tab Connections.

And yes, a developer from Russia. Therefore, the discussion forums is available only in Rousseau, unfortunately.
We will be glad to see here http://www.forum.team-mediaportal.ru...ic,1939.0.html and here http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=10:58214-111#3692

About the use of someone else's code the developer wrote the following:
Partly pieces of code from ffmpeg, other libraries, music players, splitters, codecs, razumetso present, but naturally in a highly processed form.
It is normal practice, and everybody does it. From scratch software was written years since 20 years.
LordMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 09:24   #3482  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMerlin View Post
It is normal practice, and everybody does it. From scratch software was written years since 20 years.
Sure, but you have to give credit to the people you use code from, and if you use GPL code, you have to be GPL compatible yourself. Otherwise, its license violations, and plainly illegal.
You can't just go around and "use" all the code you find. You have to obey to the licenses that code was released under, and if you don't, its stealing of intellectual property.

Even if the code is completely free (public domain, etc), its just common courtesy to give credit to the people that did all the work for you. Just using their work and claiming it your own without comment is disrespectful and just arrogant.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 27th May 2011 at 09:33.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 12:19   #3483  |  Link
Sven75

Did some further testing regarding the CVID file from #3461 not playing with ffdShow anymore on my setup. And the breaking change is probably the minor ffmpeg update right before the release of 0.27.

As I suspected ffmpeg to be the cause, I replaced the according dlls from 0.27 one by one with those from 0.26-31 (I know it's brute force) and found out that avformat-53.dll is responsible.

Now, I know that it may very well be ffdShow's fault and - of course - I will bring it up there it, if this is the case, but maybe you find the time to have another look - just in case that it is ffmpeg in LAV that is broken with this specific format...

Last edited by Sven75; 27th May 2011 at 12:22.
Sven75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 18:29   #3484  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV Filters 0.28
Code:
LAV Splitter
- Improved PGS filtering, forced subtitles should be cleared off the screen properly more often.
- Improved playback of H264 in MPEG-TS with certain files (mostly from camcorders, but some Blu-rays as well)
- Fixed 16-bit LPCM on DVDs
- Fixed the Media Types for uncompressed video

LAV Audio
- Added the ability to decode DTS Express when using the ArcSoft DTS Decoder
- Fixed missing audio after seeks with Ogg Vorbis
Download: Installer (both x86/x64) -- Zips: 32-bit & 64-bit

DTS Express
DTS Express is a special low-bandwidth format used on Blu-rays for PiP commentary tracks. It consists of only HD frames, and therefor cannot be decoded by ffmpeg. You can only decode it with the ArcSoft DTS Decoder right now. Bitstreaming it is also not supported at this time.
Still, this is the first time i see it actually decoded outside of TMT itself, the standalone ArcSoft decoder crashed when i fed it to it.

All other changes are more or less bugfixes. The PGS filtering should hopefully no longer keep some forced subs on the screen for way too long, but i didn't watch a full movie to confirm, just did some quick tests on known problem spots.

Have fun!
Old 27th May 2011, 18:43   #3485  |  Link
BloodySword

Alright, LPCM works now with ffDShow, so I save one filter in graph. Thank you!

But what about stream switching? How can I get this functionality on players wich don't support it? ffDShow does not show anything. (
BloodySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 20:25   #3486  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

nevcairiel, thanks for the new version!

1) 0.28 plays fine my Panasonic AVCHD files while 0.27 doesn't.

2) Re-sync issue on AVI files is fixed with (I guess) that ogg patch.

3) Zoom Player hang problem was fixed along with AVI crash issue after pre-0.26 patch.

4) LAV Splitter +ArcSoft Audio Decoder problem on M2TS with E-AC3 still persists. It appears after seek, and if you seek to a middle position in a M2TS file. Although this combination of container, audio format and decoder is not usual I think it is good to fix it because the bug may exibit is some other place (like fixed bugs 2) and 3)). Sample file M2TS + E-AC3 can be found here.

Thanks again, your work is greatly appreciated!
Gleb Egorych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 20:27   #3487  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

dts express support is nice, never could get it to play before (in remuxes)
Old 27th May 2011, 21:27   #3488  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb Egorych View Post
4) LAV Splitter +ArcSoft Audio Decoder problem on M2TS with E-AC3 still persists. It appears after seek, and if you seek to a middle position in a M2TS file. Although this combination of container, audio format and decoder is not usual I think it is good to fix it because the bug may exibit is some other place (like fixed bugs 2) and 3)). Sample file M2TS + E-AC3 can be found here.
I tested with the only E-AC3 in m2ts i have, and it decodes just fine with the ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD.
The sample links you posted are dead.
Old 27th May 2011, 22:12   #3489  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

Sent a new link.
Old 27th May 2011, 22:16   #3490  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Thats the same file i already had, and it decodes just fine with the ArcSoft DD+ decoder. I get audio out of all channels, with or without seeking.
Old 27th May 2011, 22:41   #3491  |  Link
Snowknight26

Another sample with E-AC3: http://stfcc.org/misc/transformers.sample.m2ts
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 22:46   #3492  |  Link
Andy o

Is that a 7.1 sample? For the record, I've always had this problem after seeking with MPC-HC too. jmone also confirmed it. I haven't been at home this whole week so I can't test right now.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 23:05   #3493  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Thats the same file i already had, and it decodes just fine with the ArcSoft DD+ decoder. I get audio out of all channels, with or without seeking.
I use the following ArcSoft files:
Code:
ASAudioHD.ax   v1.3.3.219    26.07.2010
DdpDec71.dll   v1.0.1.12     16.04.2010
Tested in Zoom Player. After seeking left channel is mapped to left, center to right, right to center, the rest is muted.
Old 27th May 2011, 23:07   #3494  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I'm using 1.3.3.273 (from TMT3.190) and 1.0.1.12, and i experience no such issues.
Old 27th May 2011, 23:32   #3495  |  Link
Andy o

btw, the transformers sample above appears to be TrueHD 5.1
Old 27th May 2011, 23:51   #3496  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I did some more testing with this, and it looks like the older versions of the TMT decoder are indeed having this problem. But i don't think there is anything i can fix.
It works with the MPC-HC splitter, because its stupid and tells the decoder that its AC3 instead of EAC3, so my guess is that its actually only decoding the normal AC3 part of the stream when using the MPC-HC splitter, but not the E-AC3 part that adds the 2 extra channels.

Anyway, its fixed in the decoder from TMT3.190 - use that.
Old 28th May 2011, 07:18   #3497  |  Link
ney2x

0.28 fixed "thousand glitches" problem with madvr 0.61 i don't know how but I'm happy...
ney2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 09:52   #3498  |  Link
Gleb Egorych

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
It works with the MPC-HC splitter, because its stupid and tells the decoder that its AC3 instead of EAC3, so my guess is that its actually only decoding the normal AC3 part of the stream when using the MPC-HC splitter, but not the E-AC3 part that adds the 2 extra channels.

Anyway, its fixed in the decoder from TMT3.190 - use that.
You're right. With MPC-HC splitter ArcSoft outputs 6 channels while with LAV Splitter it outputs 8 channels.

The problem with ASAudioHD.ax v1.3.3.273 is that it's limited to 16/48 output.

Anyway it looks like bug in ArcSoft decoder and not in LAV Splitter. Thanks for the tests and the explanation.

BTW am I right that LAV Audio does not decode E-AC-3 extension to an AC-3 core in M2TS files? I read somewhere ffmpeg does not support E-AC-3 over 5.1 config.

Last edited by Gleb Egorych; 28th May 2011 at 09:54.
Old 28th May 2011, 10:40   #3499  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb Egorych View Post
BTW am I right that LAV Audio does not decode E-AC-3 extension to an AC-3 core in M2TS files? I read somewhere ffmpeg does not support E-AC-3 over 5.1 config.
Thats right. The format is very rare, AFAIK it only exists on the Dolby Demo Blu-ray, so there is no need to invest much more time in it.
Old 28th May 2011, 10:49   #3500  |  Link
Andy o

Not that this is your problem, but just wanted to say that with the asaudiohd.ax from .190 it's even worse for me. I get the channel wrong/silent issue even when not skipping. With .185 at least I got it correct when playing from the beginning.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter