Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 24th March 2020, 18:09   #641  |  Link
a5180007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogira View Post
Thanks for reply.
Regarding pgs subtitles I never was able to use them in any version of tsmuxer in plex. If you have any suggestion pls help
@cogira the problem seems to be linked with Plex not reading pgs, whatever the container. It might make more sense using mp4 with srt on Plex.

Last edited by a5180007; 24th March 2020 at 18:31.
a5180007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 18:30   #642  |  Link
a5180007

@justdan96 is ready to release 2.7.0, so anything important to be corrected before release, please advise asap !
Old 24th March 2020, 19:44   #643  |  Link
yannick92

Hello,

Problem with a .MKV:
On the latest version, the file does not open, with an error window that I had not yet seen ?? ...
On the other hand, on an old version (1.10.6), the file opens without problem, curious ...

Thx
Name:  Capture 1.PNG
Views: 1193
Size:  76.4 KB

Name:  Capture 2.PNG
Views: 1207
Size:  101.9 KB
yannick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 21:05   #644  |  Link
cogira

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5180007 View Post
@cogira the problem seems to be linked with Plex not reading pgs, whatever the container. It might make more sense using mp4 with srt on Plex.
Yes, but I cannot use lossless audio as Dolby Atmos or DTS X
cogira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2020, 21:39   #645  |  Link
a5180007

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannick92 View Post
Problem with a .MKV:
On the latest version, the file does not open, with an error window that I had not yet seen ?? ...
On the other hand, on an old version (1.10.6), the file opens without problem, curious ...
@yannick92 Could you please send me a link to the mkv, thanks.
Edit: when you run tsMuxer in a CMD console (tsMuxer.exe pathToMetafile.meta pathToOutput.ts), what is the error message you get ?
Was the file working with previous versions and with 2.6.12 ?

Last edited by a5180007; 24th March 2020 at 21:46.
Old 25th March 2020, 01:43   #646  |  Link
Grencola

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogira View Post
Yes, but I cannot use lossless audio as Dolby Atmos or DTS X
Hey ragico, er I mean cogira, just use subtitleedit and make an srt with the same name as your movie file and put them both in the same folder and play it. demux your Pgs with tsmuxer, then run cmd prompt and type subtitleedit /convert yoursub.sup srt
Grencola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2020, 15:09   #647  |  Link
cogira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grencola View Post
Hey ragico, er I mean cogira, just use subtitleedit and make an srt with the same name as your movie file and put them both in the same folder and play it. demux your Pgs with tsmuxer, then run cmd prompt and type subtitleedit /convert yoursub.sup srt
Thank you
cogira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2020, 15:40   #648  |  Link
yannick92

Quote:
@yannick92 Could you please send me a link to the mkv, thanks.
Edit: when you run tsMuxer in a CMD console (tsMuxer.exe pathToMetafile.meta pathToOutput.ts), what is the error message you get ?
Was the file working with previous versions and with 2.6.12 ?
Ok thx
Here is the link for a sample of my problematic .mkv
https://uptobox.com/rgbi0wit3jqy

And no, the file does not open with 2.6.12 either..., just ok with 1.10.6

Cordially.

Yannick

Last edited by yannick92; 25th March 2020 at 15:44.
Old 25th March 2020, 18:32   #649  |  Link
yannick92

Quote:
@justdan96 is ready to release 2.7.0, so anything important to be corrected before release, please advise asap !
Hello

Little things to fix before the release of 2.7?

A little glitch, and also a problem with resizing the "Source File" column when opening a file, ok on 2.6.12 but not on the latest version.

Thx a lot

Name:  Capture 3.PNG
Views: 1106
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  Capture 4.PNG
Views: 1129
Size:  94.5 KB
Old 25th March 2020, 22:17   #650  |  Link
Hellboy.

Quote:
I have the problem i write before about the original PGS subtitles go out of sync with DV movies in Bluray folder. Movie is Knives Out. If someone can test to know the problem is not only my. For testing you need to remux the complete movie because the subtitles go littler a littler out of sync.
Hellboy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 11:08   #651  |  Link
yellowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy. View Post
I have the problem i write before about the original PGS subtitles go out of sync with DV movies in Bluray folder. Movie is Knives Out. If someone can test to know the problem is not only my. For testing you need to remux the complete movie because the subtitles go littler a littler out of sync.
is the value of time shift positive or negative in the sense of delay?
yellowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 11:16   #652  |  Link
yellowolf

Some demuxed audio streams are out of sync (maximum delay add up to -0.5s)

Hi,

I've noticed obvious 'out of sync' issue for some audio streams demuxed from a BD. This is the 'WALL·E' UHD blu-ray produced by Disney, and the playlist 00800.mpls consists of 42 m2ts segments 56,61,57 and so one. The audio streams out of sync include DTS-HD Master streams and Dolby ac3 streams, but with the exception of Dolby TrueHD. At the very beginning the V/A are in sync, but they lose sync gradually. At the very end, the audio streams behave a maximum delay of about -0.5s.
I have made some tests and it appears that txmuxer improprialy changes some audio frames close to the beginning of the segment #57 (but not the first frames).
Name:  fig.1.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  193.0 KB
Attachments fig.1 is pending approval
The top track is a DTS-HD Master stream demuxed with tsmuxer from the BD and then converted to flac:
Code:
eac3to 00800.track_4353.dts 00800.track_4353.flac -mono
The second track is the DTS stream from 00061.m2ts, which is the second segment of the film.
Code:
eac3to BDMV\STREAM\00061.m2ts 3: 1_61_3.dts
Code:
eac3to 1_61_3.dts 1_61_3.flac -mono
The third track is the the DTS stream from 00057.m2ts, which is the third segment of the film.
Code:
eac3to BDMV\STREAM\00057.m2ts 3: 2_57_3.dts
Code:
eac3to 2_57_3.dts 2_57_3.flac -mono
I've aligned segments 61 and 57 so that the audio frames overlap. We can find that tsmuxer has correctly concatenate the two segments at the time about 0:1:04.100. However, at the time mark #1 (0:1:04.783) the top track begins to be different from the third track:
Name:  fig.2.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  161.7 KB
Attachments fig.2 is pending approval
But in the next, if we align the time mark #1 of first track with the time mark #2 of the third track, the subsequent waveforms seem identical again. The duration from time mark #1 to #2 for the first track is only 6ms, but the actual duration from time mark #1 to #3 for the third track is 17ms, thus a time delay of -11ms is introduced here.
The timeshift will be accumulated by the subseqent segments, so maybe that's the very reason that why the overall time delay reaches -0.5s.
I guess that this issue is related to 'overlapped frame' so I try to cancel removing detected overlapped frame by set the correlated condition to constant false:
if (/*m_demuxMode && */ m_mplsOffset > m_halfFrameLen)
=>
if (/*m_demuxMode && */ m_mplsOffset*0 > m_halfFrameLen
in simplePacketizerReader.cpp, and results are shown below.
Name:  fig.4.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  176.4 KB
Attachments fig.4 is pending approval
I have aligned these demuxed tracks at the very beginning of m2ts segment 57 (the 3rd segment of the BD). By checking the delay at the very end of these tracks, it shows that the introduced delay of 11 ms for the DTS stream has been eliminated. However, it seems that the AC3 stream always keep sync with the original track of m2ts, so this modification seems make no difference for the AC3 steam.
To find out the reason why AC3 streams also show an obvious timeshift (much more than that of DTS stream), the situation at the end of previous m2ts segment 61 should be checked either:
Name:  fig.5.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  208.9 KB
Attachments fig.5 is pending approval
It seems that the original version of tsmuxer cuts 5ms from the 2nd segment when concatenating it with the 3rd segment for the AC3 stream, and the modification version shows this delay is much reduced however not eliminated.
I had found this issue for a long time, but I didn't have proper tools (here is audacity 2.3.3, a freeware) to demonstrate it until I find similar bug report in another forum.
The whole bug report can be found here
Hope that the professionals can figure out a perfect solution. Thx a lot

Last edited by yellowolf; 26th March 2020 at 11:22.
yellowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 14:16   #653  |  Link
yannick92

Very interesting !

In my case, I will try to explain where I get this delay during a remux of a full bluray disc, and then, the "DIY" solution that I found to work around the problem ...:

1): On a .ISO (full bluray), I open the .M2TS file of the main movie with TsMuxer 2.6.12.
In my case, I need to Demux the E-AC3 track to extract the Core AC3 because my old amplifier does not decode the E-AC3 audio tracks.
Okay, so I demux the E-AC3 track by not forgetting to check "Downconvert E-AC3 to AC3", and I get my AC3 track (.ac3 file).
So far so good, I will now remux my .AC3 track with the other tracks to generate my movie in .M2TS.
Ok it's done, I have my perfectly remuxed .M2ts file (I think ...).
I launch the movie (on my PS3), and after a few minutes, the sound is slightly desynchronized, I immediately notice it because the dialogs are no longer in sync with the lips of the actors ...

2): Now the solution that I found and which works in my case:
I start again, but this time, I first made a .MKV of the original .M2TS file of the full bluray with MKVToolNix.
Okay, so I get my .MKV which I now open with TSMuxer 2.16.12.
So I demux my EAC-3 track, I get my .AC3 file, but this time, I remux it with MKVToolnix and I remake a .MKV.
Finally, I open my .MKV with TSMuxer to Muxer my file in .M2TS (the PS3 does not support .MKV ...)
I start playing the movie, no more desynchro!
Well, this technique works, don't ask me why, I'm not technically competent enough to explain it, but it works ...

Thank you all

Yannick
Old 26th March 2020, 15:12   #654  |  Link
a5180007

Quote:
Problem with a .MKV:
@yannick92 good find, rare bug. Fix https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/pull/260 proposed for merge.
Old 26th March 2020, 16:37   #655  |  Link
Hellboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowolf View Post
is the value of time shift positive or negative in the sense of delay?
I don't know what is "positive or negative" but when a person speak the subtitles appears 3 seconds later.
Old 27th March 2020, 15:13   #656  |  Link
Hart2hart

Quote:
I don't know what is "positive or negative" but when a person speak the subtitles appears 3 seconds later.

That would be -3000 ms on the subtitle.
Hart2hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2020, 17:46   #657  |  Link
no-one

Quote:
Hi,

I've noticed obvious 'out of sync' issue for some audio streams demuxed from a BD. This is the 'WALL·E' UHD blu-ray produced by Disney, and the playlist 00800.mpls consists of 42 m2ts segments 56,61,57 and so one. The audio streams out of sync include DTS-HD Master streams and Dolby ac3 streams, but with the exception of Dolby TrueHD. At the very beginning the V/A are in sync, but they lose sync gradually. At the very end, the audio streams behave a maximum delay of about -0.5s.
I have made some tests and it appears that txmuxer improprialy changes some audio frames close to the beginning of the segment #57 (but not the first frames).
Attachment 17252
Attachments fig.1 is pending approval
The top track is a DTS-HD Master stream demuxed with tsmuxer from the BD and then converted to flac:
Code:
eac3to 00800.track_4353.dts 00800.track_4353.flac -mono
The second track is the DTS stream from 00061.m2ts, which is the second segment of the film.
Code:
eac3to BDMV\STREAM\00061.m2ts 3: 1_61_3.dts
Code:
eac3to 1_61_3.dts 1_61_3.flac -mono
The third track is the the DTS stream from 00057.m2ts, which is the third segment of the film.
Code:
eac3to BDMV\STREAM\00057.m2ts 3: 2_57_3.dts
Code:
eac3to 2_57_3.dts 2_57_3.flac -mono
I've aligned segments 61 and 57 so that the audio frames overlap. We can find that tsmuxer has correctly concatenate the two segments at the time about 0:1:04.100. However, at the time mark #1 (0:1:04.783) the top track begins to be different from the third track:
Attachment 17253
Attachments fig.2 is pending approval
But in the next, if we align the time mark #1 of first track with the time mark #2 of the third track, the subsequent waveforms seem identical again. The duration from time mark #1 to #2 for the first track is only 6ms, but the actual duration from time mark #1 to #3 for the third track is 17ms, thus a time delay of -11ms is introduced here.
The timeshift will be accumulated by the subseqent segments, so maybe that's the very reason that why the overall time delay reaches -0.5s.
I guess that this issue is related to 'overlapped frame' so I try to cancel removing detected overlapped frame by set the correlated condition to constant false:
if (/*m_demuxMode && */ m_mplsOffset > m_halfFrameLen)
=>
if (/*m_demuxMode && */ m_mplsOffset*0 > m_halfFrameLen
in simplePacketizerReader.cpp, and results are shown below.
Attachment 17254
Attachments fig.4 is pending approval
I have aligned these demuxed tracks at the very beginning of m2ts segment 57 (the 3rd segment of the BD). By checking the delay at the very end of these tracks, it shows that the introduced delay of 11 ms for the DTS stream has been eliminated. However, it seems that the AC3 stream always keep sync with the original track of m2ts, so this modification seems make no difference for the AC3 steam.
To find out the reason why AC3 streams also show an obvious timeshift (much more than that of DTS stream), the situation at the end of previous m2ts segment 61 should be checked either:
Attachment 17255
Attachments fig.5 is pending approval
It seems that the original version of tsmuxer cuts 5ms from the 2nd segment when concatenating it with the 3rd segment for the AC3 stream, and the modification version shows this delay is much reduced however not eliminated.
I had found this issue for a long time, but I didn't have proper tools (here is audacity 2.3.3, a freeware) to demonstrate it until I find similar bug report in another forum.
The whole bug report can be found here
Hope that the professionals can figure out a perfect solution. Thx a lot
track eng dts hd , fra dolby , spa dolby in wall e UHD and Up_UHD, they delay 667 ms
no-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2020, 06:32   #658  |  Link
a5180007

Quote:
Problem with a .MKV:
@yannick92 should be fixed with latest version of bintray 2020-03-29, please try.
Quote:
A little glitch, and also a problem with resizing the "Source File" column when opening a file, ok on 2.6.12 but not on the latest version.
@yannick92 should be fixed with latest version of bintray 2020-03-29, please try.
Quote:
@Hellboy should be fixed with latest version of bintray 2020-03-29, please try.
Quote:
@yellowolf @no-one @yannick92 not sure this one has been fixed... Could you please try latest bintray 2020-03-29 and report any improvement on THD and/or AC3, thanks.

Last edited by a5180007; 29th March 2020 at 14:53.
Old 29th March 2020, 13:50   #659  |  Link
arestarh

Hi,

Guys, could you please take a look:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...13#post1903813

Both w32 and w64 build have empty About tab.
Only If I choose language at bottom of About tab info about application appears.
But we'll see empty About tab again on the next run.
arestarh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2020, 19:21   #660  |  Link
Hellboy.

Quote:
@Hellboy should be fixed with latest version of bintray 2020-03-29, please try.
Tested and is working great. Thanks.