Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th April 2010, 05:39   #8021  |  Link
chudm

this happened too with the ice age blurays jdobbs, this happened when trying to reencode the subs from 1080p to 720p, tsmuxer hang up, i tried to manually mux all the files on tsmuxer having the same results..
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 11:02   #8022  |  Link
DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg32 View Post
Re: BD-5 & BD-9 playback problems on standalone Blu-ray players.

Make sure your burner drive & DVD+R/+R DL disc's Book Type are set to "Normal" and not "DVD-ROM". Many standalone B-R players cannot read BD-5 (DVD+R) & BD-9 (DVD+R DL) discs with a Book Type of "DVD-ROM". In ImgBurn, to check & change Book Type, go to > Tools > Drive > Change Book Type. This fixed all my playback issues regardless of what brand DVD+R/+R DL I burned on (although I only recommend Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden media). Good luck!
That was exactly my way of thinking and the reason I mentioned booktype setting in my last post!

My Samsung 1600 is one of those players that does NOT accept -ROM.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 14:25   #8023  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudm View Post
this happened too with the ice age blurays jdobbs, this happened when trying to reencode the subs from 1080p to 720p, tsmuxer hang up, i tried to manually mux all the files on tsmuxer having the same results..
That's a known problem for which there is currently no fix. You have to find the sub that won't resize, and not transfer it.
Old 30th April 2010, 20:56   #8024  |  Link
SRB01

Samsung BD-P1600 and BD-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK View Post
That was exactly my way of thinking and the reason I mentioned booktype setting in my last post!

Long time user, first time poster.
I too have a sammy bd-p1600, and have created many coasters, attempting bd-9's.
unless you tick "strick acvhd" in the setup, you are going to get a set of files that when burned won't play. There is a certain set of files that comprise a avchd bd-9. any more or less files and they won't play. I am not at home, so I can't give you the exact file names and order.
ALSO: you are correct. A sammy BD-P1600 will not play A DVD +R DL as a -rom file. You must be able to change the book type on your drive. Go into IMG burn and change the setting for "AUTO book type change" as this will change it automatically to ROM, and that's bad for you. As far as disks go, I have had no better luck with one type over the other. I use them all, TDK'S, Memorix, Vertbatium, Sony, Ridata, Quantum. When the programs are working and giving me proper output, I can burn w/ around 95% working disks.
In my 10 plus years of burning CD, DVD, BD disks I have found and follow these two things:
1. Only use LG burners. PERIOD.
2. Burn SLOW. Repeat: SssLllOooWww.
Music and data cd's 4x max. DVD and Br's 2X max. my 2 cents. YMMV. stu
SRB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 21:10   #8025  |  Link
SRB01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@All

Until the issues with Avatar are settled at the decrypting end -- please refrain from posting any bug reports related to that title. This is a BD Rebuilder bug thread and the problems with that title currently shouldn't be considered bugs in BD-RB.

If, after the dust settles on the AnyDVD and DVDFab fronts related to that title, there still seem to be issues, we'll readdress. But right not it's just not fruitful to discuss a problem that may or may not have anything to do with BD Rebuilder.
FWIW. I did a movie-only, no HD audio backup of Avatar last night and burned it this morning. Original movie ripped w/ DVDfab to ISO. BD-RE ver 33.06, stock settings, burned w/ IMG 2x, to a Quantum BD-R 25. 9 hours to process w/ quad Phenom @3.6 ghz.
BUT the results were STUNNING. Acutally I have come to expect that from BD-RE. The quality of the output of JDobbs' program is AWESOME. My 2 cents. Stu
SRB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 22:09   #8026  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB01 View Post
A sammy BD-P1600 will not play A DVD +R DL as a -rom file. You must be able to change the book type on your drive. Go into IMG burn and change the setting for "AUTO book type change" as this will change it automatically to ROM, and that's bad for you.
Further, most Pioneer burners default to ROM for DL discs and can't be changed, so don't bother to try this with a Pioneer.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 23:50   #8027  |  Link
DGenerateKane
Former Kanenite

Jdobbs, did you get a chance to look at my log? I set all 7 discs of Star Trek Season 2 in batch mode last night and they just finished, 2 of them had similar errors and thus failed.
DGenerateKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 03:49   #8028  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGenerateKane View Post
Jdobbs, did you get a chance to look at my log? I set all 7 discs of Star Trek Season 2 in batch mode last night and they just finished, 2 of them had similar errors and thus failed.
Yeah. Not sure what happened. I have the Star Trek Season One box set, and I'll try running S1_D7 tonight. I'd tested on those before -- but I think I only did the first couple.

It would help, though, if I knew what settings you were using (languages, setup options, etc) so I can run it the same way.

Last edited by jdobbs; 1st May 2010 at 03:52.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 10:23   #8029  |  Link
gwendal13

Quote:
Yeah. Not sure what happened. I have the Star Trek Season One box set, and I'll try running S1_D7 tonight. I'd tested on those before -- but I think I only did the first couple.

It would help, though, if I knew what settings you were using (languages, setup options, etc) so I can run it the same way.

jdobbs i have also many problems with this season.Bd RB works perfectly until end of conversion but the BD25 don't play the episdode, because of the angle i think. Forgive my english.
gwendal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 10:27   #8030  |  Link
SoniG

Hi jdobbs, I know you like to forget me sometimes however I would like to know what you think about the Batman Returns BD sample I sent you last week. Just to know if I will have to do it manually and especially as I think if you find the issue on this sample, you should remove any field order issue remaining. Thanks for your answer, and I promise to not beg you too much!
SoniG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 14:39   #8031  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I just did the disc you reported (Disc 7) with no issues...
Old 1st May 2010, 14:59   #8032  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoniG View Post
Hi jdobbs, I know you like to forget me sometimes however I would like to know what you think about the Batman Returns BD sample I sent you last week. Just to know if I will have to do it manually and especially as I think if you find the issue on this sample, you should remove any field order issue remaining. Thanks for your answer, and I promise to not beg you too much!
Well first, its not BFF. It is a VC-1 field-based source that uses RFF profusely. Here are the field flags for the first 500 frames:
Code:
TR TR TT RT TR TT RT TR TT RT TR TT RT TR TT TR TT RT TR TT RT TR TT RT 
TR TT RT TT RT TR TT RT TR TT RT TR TT RT TR TT TR TT RT TR TB TB TB TB 
TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB 
TB TB TB TT RT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT 
TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB 
TB TT RT TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT 
TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB 
TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT 
TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB 
TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT
This certainly confuses me, but I'm far from expert on VC-1. Maybe someone else could analyze it and make more sense of it. The only real thing I see that is consistent is that the Bottom field is never first. The issue might be that field-based sources have to be converted to an MKV first, because more often than not the M2TS won't playback correctly (for frame serving to X264, that's what the "**" means in the streams list). It's possible that this mess gets misinterpreted in the conversion.

Last edited by jdobbs; 1st May 2010 at 16:17.
Old 1st May 2010, 22:02   #8033  |  Link
DGenerateKane
Former Kanenite

Quote:
Well what the deuce. My settings should be the same as they've always been, except quality. I always had BD-25 set but after updating for the first time in months I see you added a new default setting (auto) so I just left it.

Code:
[Options]
RESIZE=0
MODE=0
PRIORITY_CLASS=0
TARGET_SIZE=23000
ENCODE_QUALITY=0
VERBOSE_STATUS=1
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
SD_CONVERT=0
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=1
AC3_REENCODE=1
AC3_640=1
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=0
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23450
ONEPASS_ENCODING=2
AUTO_QUALITY=1
[Paths]
SOURCE_PATH=E:\BLU-RAY RIPS\STAR_TREK_S1D7\
WORKING_PATH=F:\FULL DISC\
DGenerateKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 22:20   #8034  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Well what the deuce. My settings should be the same as they've always been, except quality. I always had BD-25 set but after updating for the first time in months I see you added a new default setting (auto) so I just left it.

Code:
[Options]
RESIZE=0
MODE=0
PRIORITY_CLASS=0
TARGET_SIZE=23000
ENCODE_QUALITY=0
VERBOSE_STATUS=1
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
SD_CONVERT=0
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=1
AC3_REENCODE=1
AC3_640=1
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=0
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23450
ONEPASS_ENCODING=2
AUTO_QUALITY=1
[Paths]
SOURCE_PATH=E:\BLU-RAY RIPS\STAR_TREK_S1D7\
WORKING_PATH=F:\FULL DISC\
I'm doing "Star Trek, The Original Series, Season 1, Disc 7" Region 1. It looks like you're keeping HD audio, though, and I wasn't (I should have noticed that from your log). I'll try it again with that set.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd May 2010 at 02:01.
Old 2nd May 2010, 03:37   #8035  |  Link
SoniG

Quote:
Well first, its not BFF. It is a VC-1 field-based source that uses RFF profusely. Here are the field flags for the first 500 frames:
TR TR TT RT TR TT RT TR TT RT TR TT RT TR TT TR TT RT TR TT RT TR TT RT .... TB TB TB TB TT RT TB TB TB TB TB TB TB TT. This certainly confuses me, but I'm far from expert on VC-1. Maybe someone else could analyze it and make more sense of it. The only real thing I see that is consistent is that the Bottom field is never first. The issue might be that field-based sources have to be converted to an MKV first, because more often than not the M2TS won't playback correctly (for frame serving to X264, that's what the "**" means in the streams list). It's possible that this mess gets misinterpreted in the conversion.
Well the funniest thing about this footage, is that when you see it with your eyes, in fact it's progressive. There is no field lines on it, and whatever I encode it as BFF or TFF, the result is ok. However there are always the same slight furtive lines sometimes, but too furtive to be considered as fields, and it shows how far these footages are stranges and surely bad managed from the beginning, even if as you learned me, we can't do 29.97 progressive. In fact the Stargate sample I gave you is more interesting, it's exactly the same specs as Batman : VC1 BFF, but this one do have fields lines and is well BFF, because it gives jerky playback when encoded as TFF. As these kind of footages seems to be fortunately rare, wouldn't it be interesting when we choose DEINTERLACE=0, to add a flag to force bff or tff encode for interlaced files of these particular BD, just in case there is in fact no solution and if there is absolutely no real/normalized field order flags on these source footages (and how the hell all these players do so?!). I tried adding -bff on the x264 tweaks, but of course it encode all as bff, even the main movie.
And finally, If you don't see BFF, maybe as you say a possible bug somewhere could false your analyse on these kind of footage. It's a very high probability as other interlaced footages from AVC and MPEG2 (that I think is good too) contained on a M2TS files seems to be well interpreted all the time. I can't really say much about how to better analyse it by code, I even don't understand how you grab these TBR letters, but I just can tell you that with my eyes, it's well BFF (at least Stargate) or RFF with much more BFF. More enough to remove any jerky playback effects, and I don't know how mediainfo is relevant, but he is always agree with what I see. If it could help you, know that mediainfo have a dll, maybe you could try to understand how this tool arrive to well analyse these files. To finish, Mediainfo tells me Interlaced/BFF on the source, Interlaced/BFF on the MKV you generate, Interlaced/TFF on the encoded m2ts. I understand hardly all of this and I would like to help you more.

Last edited by SoniG; 2nd May 2010 at 03:44.
Old 2nd May 2010, 03:49   #8036  |  Link
jdobbs

@SoniG

The flags I'm showing you come straight from the original M2TS VC-1 stream's flags in the picture headers -- and I verified them by hand. So there isn't room for argument as to what the stream says (at least in the first 500 pictures). How someone might interpret them I guess is debatable... but I don't see how it could in any way be interpreted as BFF since there isn't a single BFF in the lot.

If it is a 29.97fps progressive sequence that is flagged as interlaced, it really wouldn't matter if it was BFF or TFF -- as there would be no chronological difference between the two. But that would be really odd for an originally progressive picture to be split out into a field-picture stream.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd May 2010 at 03:59.
Old 2nd May 2010, 04:20   #8037  |  Link
SoniG

Quote:
@SoniG

The flags I'm showing you come straight from the original M2TS VC-1 stream's flags in the picture headers -- and I verified them by hand. So there isn't room for argument as to what the stream says (at least in the first 500 pictures). How someone might interpret them I guess is debatable... but I don't see how it could in any way be interpreted as BFF since there isn't a single BFF in the lot.

If it is a 29.97fps progressive sequence that is flagged as interlaced, it really wouldn't matter if it was BFF or TFF -- as there would be no chronological difference between the two. But that would be really odd for an originally progressive picture to be split out into a field-picture stream.
I agree with you, but as you said, we can't have 29.97 progressive, so maybe encode a progressive footage as 29.97 480i is the best solution for them. And I'm ok with your analyse, if you say it's tff, rff or whatever, so it is! But for example, the first 500 pictures of a bonus footage could be a progressive 3D intro (as this one) and after give you some nice and real bff or tff images as there is often when guys are interviewed. That's the point, where should it be the best place to analyse the footage? That's what join what I told you about theory, even if they are good, we don't know what was done at the source, and the eyes are there also to judge. And when you will have more and more guys like me that will come here to moan (like me! ) because their bonuses are all jerky, well, it's because eyes took the influence on the theory. So I don't know what to say to you. How players do? Are they analyse each frames in realtime to determine and BOB fields on the fly, or is there any hidden flags on these footages that notify them? I will certainly stay modest about all of this, you certainly more understand all of this than me, and in waiting, fortunately, we can at least launch a Backup of the BD, let the main movie encode, Abort, add a bff or tff tweak flag and resume the backup for these bonuses that are fortunately very rare. So thanks for your Resume management, it will saves precious time... again! Maybe, tff or bff x264 encode option is too limited. Maybe it misses a real internal analyzer, with an additional RFF process, and field order switch on the fly. Don't know!

Last edited by SoniG; 2nd May 2010 at 06:14.
Old 2nd May 2010, 10:07   #8038  |  Link
gwendal13

Quote:
Season 1 or 2 ? Season 2 contains multi-angle and all the disks don't works in BD25 full backup with all languages et subtitles. My BD85 stop playing when episode start. I compare the structure with bdedit and there is some differences in clip and playlist. multi-angle make problem ?
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:04   #8039  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwendal13 View Post
Season 1 or 2 ? Season 2 contains multi-angle and all the disks don't works in BD25 full backup with all languages et subtitles. My BD85 stop playing when episode start. I compare the structure with bdedit and there is some differences in clip and playlist. multi-angle make problem ?
Season One. I've haven't bought Season 2 (yet). It shouldn't be a problem, though -- there are lots of discs with multiangles and multiple storylines out there.
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:18   #8040  |  Link
gwendal13

Quote:
Season One. I've haven't bought Season 2 (yet). It shouldn't be a problem, though -- there are lots of discs with multiangles and multiple storylines out there.
yes but he don't work at all.