Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 22nd September 2018, 04:16   #321  |  Link
Nintendo Maniac 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
there are games that use ASIO?
AFAIK games no, but emulators yes (newest "revived" bsnes comes to mind).

Quote:
i know for sure that asus has native ASIO driver.
Indeed as it's what I myself use, and it works great for all my music stuff via foobar2000 since that supports ASIO, and I didn't even know that there was an ASIO render for MPC-HC until mandarynek82 mentioned it.

Quote:
do you have link to this... well i heard a lot of issue with asus and creative sound cards (sadly literally) but that's new to me.
You can always just test it yourself via the foobar2000 method I outlined - just set output to WASAPI exclusive and have it try to play back something with a really weird sampling rate like 43210Hz (which you could achieve via foobar2000's own built-in resampler).

Nevertheless, there's a note on the JRiver wiki about this issue:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Au...ut_Modes#Notes

And the according JRiver forum thread that covers the issue in more detail:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/ind...?topic=78291.0

Additionally here are some HydrogenAudio posts that mention the issue:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/top...html#msg778677
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/top...html#msg947874
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/top...html#msg916793

Quote:
you may run a virtual audio cable into input a recording software that can render the recorded audio to asio.
Most recording software AFAIK require the user to select a sampling rate to record at, so that kind of defeats the purpose of using ASIO to enable auto-switching to play back audio without resampling.

In the process of finding the forum threads linked above, I also found the following diagram of the Windows audio stack; my guess is that Asus and Creative are simply routing WASAPI exclusive into the endpoint buffer for WASAPI shared:
Attached Images

Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2018, 08:49   #322  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Virtual Audio Cable has an "ASIO Bridge" addon that allows doing this. https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/
Old 22nd September 2018, 14:48   #323  |  Link
mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
You need to get madVR. In its default settings it should already do that, but if in doubt, go to its settings -> devices -> [your device] -> hdr, and set it to "convert HDR content to SDR by using pixel shader math".
Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Or you can create a 3dlut with displaycal for madvr to do the same job way faster.
Thanks nevcairiel and chros for the kind reply.

1. First outing with madvr/lav didn't go well. Playbakc slowed to a crawl.
2. Should D3D11 or DXVA(native) be used?
3. The same played smoothly with EVR-CP/dxva native, although colour was washed out.
4. The same played well in MTV with full colour.
5. Any help with creating a 3dlut?

Test clip: 4k 59fps yt yellowstone clip (#337)
Test system: i7 7500u/HD620/16GB DDr3 RAM
Test OS: w10.1803.319, no pagefile.

Many thanks and best regards,
mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2018, 15:14   #324  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Passing custom command-line parameters is something that is easy to implement. I might add that in future. Any suggestions for examples of common selection rules, that I could add in the option tooltip?
I think something exemplary could be
Quote:
To e.g. prefer SDR VP9 over HDR VP9 video and limit maximum resolution to 1440p, set up "((bestvideo[vcodec=vp9][height<=1440]/bestvideo[vcodec=vp9.2][height<=1440]/bestvideo)+bestaudio)/best"
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Btw, is it normal that Youtube-DL is terribly slow with large playlists? It took almost 5 minutes to parse this playlist with 200 videos.
I suppose that's "normal", i.e. poorly optimized (not too uncommon for Python?).
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2018, 18:47   #325  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
I think something exemplary could be

I suppose that's "normal", i.e. poorly optimized (not too uncommon for Python?).
It looks like the main problem is that youtube-dl runs all of the Javascript on the page to let Youtube compose itself, and only then parses it. There's a LOT of script on there generating the 4m page (the actual source is 400k of an enormous amount of templates), and the JS/DOM engine they use must not be terribly optimized. Would be better to parse the details out of the json at the end of the file.

This explains why browsing Youtube is so slow.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 14:42   #326  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
... youtube-dl runs all of the Javascript on the page to let Youtube compose itself ...
Does it? I wasn't aware of that. Care to provide some pointers?
avih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 01:05   #327  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by avih View Post
Does it? I wasn't aware of that. Care to provide some pointers?
I'm not entirely familiar with the project, but they obviously implemented it to deal with problems like https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/issues/5930 which completely resist static analysis.

You can see the YT playlist extractor definition at https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/bl...tor/youtube.py line 2152, and the extraction function using it at line 308. The way it's obvious is because nothing matching that regex appears in the original source, but all of the entries appear if you look at the rendered DOM with F12. I've walked through some of the code, but I'm still unclear on exactly how and when that gets called.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 06:55   #328  |  Link
Qotscha

Could there be an option to disable Youtube-DL (or can't I just find that)? I use an online DVR service and I am able to watch my recordings using LAV Splitter source for those .ts files. Latest MPC-HC versions, however, are calling youtube-dl for minutes (took four minutes to open a twelve minute recording) before finally opening the file using LAV Splitter source.
Qotscha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 08:33   #329  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
they obviously implemented it to deal with problems like https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/issues/5930
I don't see that this issue is resolved...

More so, to "run all javascript of the page" requires a modern js engine and a headless browser model, since as you must know, js in pages rely on DOM and other browser-only frameworks which the language itself doesn't define.

So basically it'll need to include a full-on web browser (sans the display part) to do that. Not impossible, but I highly doubt the 7M youtube-dl.exe windows download includes anything more than python itself and the python extractors.

I also don't see any mention of node.js/v8/whatever as dependencies on their pages.

I'm not saying it doesn't run js, but I just can't find any mention of it anywhere, and that it'd require some hefty dependencies which are very unlikely to be part of the windows download at least.
avih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2018, 12:11   #330  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qotscha View Post
Could there be an option to disable Youtube-DL (or can't I just find that)? I use an online DVR service and I am able to watch my recordings using LAV Splitter source for those .ts files. Latest MPC-HC versions, however, are calling youtube-dl for minutes (took four minutes to open a twelve minute recording) before finally opening the file using LAV Splitter source.
Yes, I was thinking a small whitelist/blacklist plus an option for unknown stuff. Can you PM me an example URL that was slow for you?
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2018, 14:21   #331  |  Link
pikaczu

please delete the account from the forum, no one wants to change my changes, why should I have an account here.
Old 26th September 2018, 17:37   #332  |  Link
littleD

I found quite useful free tool for yt downloading link Its not advertising of any sort, its easier to use than ytdl. It can dl 8k videos but not 8k HDR :/ - but from vimeo yes. I tried ytdl but coulnt parse 8k from new yt.

Last edited by littleD; 26th September 2018 at 17:40.
littleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 00:00   #333  |  Link
Nintendo Maniac 64

Personally I've liked using SVPtube (which itself is based off YouTube-DL) since it distinguishes between 30fps vs 60fps formats and allows for both streaming into your media player of choice as well as actual downloading.

However, as a whole I've always found it to be kind of temperamental on Windows yet work great on Linux, but it never seems like other people have trouble using it on Windows so your mileage may vary - I mean, I don't think I've ever run a Windows OS as just "stock" in over a decade, so for all I know maybe one of my OS tweaks is what causes it to bork up for me.

...though there's also the part where the updated version is only free on Linux; on Windows and Mac the updated version is an add-on for SVP Pro 4 (which is paid software on Windows and Mac but the Linux edition is free). Also the older version that's free on Windows lacks download functionality.
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 05:17   #334  |  Link
crmb

I would like to thank you for continuing to update/build MPC-HC. I have been using MPC (and vobsub thanks to Gabest) from the begining, then switched to MPC-HC late.
I can remember have seen the "_clsid" in various others projects, like ffdshow.

Long live MPC.

I tried MPC-BE lately but i didn't see much difference. But, they are not using LAV ?
crmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 06:00   #335  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmb View Post
I tried MPC-BE lately but i didn't see much difference. But, they are not using LAV ?
Nope, only MPC-HC replaced the original demuxers and decoders (created by Gabest) with LAV Filters.

Last edited by Midzuki; 27th September 2018 at 06:01. Reason: edit :-/
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 08:03   #336  |  Link
eddman

I've been away for a long time. Can I install this new fork over the old one (1.7) or do I have to uninstall the old one first?

Last edited by eddman; 27th September 2018 at 08:06.
eddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 08:09   #337  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Just update and continue using.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2018, 14:38   #338  |  Link
clsid

1.8.3 is available
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote