Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 5th April 2013, 14:50   #16881  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
@ Capsbackup

"Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" does the same thing "Audio/PGS sizing issue." in an extra that has a bunch of AC3 files for Music from the movie in it but it'll resume. I've not checked that extra though for completeness. I've not had BD-RB use the MP4 container with it either. Are there a bunch of audio tracks with that movie? Main Soundtrack and a bunch of commentaries, even if only 1 is selected for Alternate output..?
Happened again, and there is only two audio tracks on the Blu-ray, of which I have selected only one. Also, only four subtitle tracks, but BD-RB does not mux subtitles into the mp4 container.

----------------------
[04/04/13] BD Rebuilder v0.43.06 (beta)
[19:16:42] Source: THE_FIGHTER_00000
- Input BD size: 29.13 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:55:38.514]
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- SHUTDOWN at completion enabled
- Mode: MP4 Container, 1920x1080, Auto-AAC
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[19:16:42] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:16:42] Processing: VID_00414 (1 of 1)
- [19:16:42] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00414]
- [19:22:01] Reencoding video [VID_00414]
- Audio/PGS sizing issue. Continued...
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 166,358 frames
- [20:59:46] Reencoding: VID_00414, Pass 1 of 1
- [23:33:22] Video Encode complete
- [23:33:22] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Reencoding audio to AAC...
[23:46:16]PHASE ONE complete
[23:46:16]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [23:46:16] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
[23:48:13] - Encode and Rebuild complete
- Computer SHUTDOWN initiated.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 20:39   #16882  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Happened again, and there is only two audio tracks on the Blu-ray, of which I have selected only one. Also, only four subtitle tracks, but BD-RB does not mux subtitles into the mp4 container.

----------------------
[04/04/13] BD Rebuilder v0.43.06 (beta)
[19:16:42] Source: THE_FIGHTER_00000
- Input BD size: 29.13 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:55:38.514]
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- SHUTDOWN at completion enabled
- Mode: MP4 Container, 1920x1080, Auto-AAC
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[19:16:42] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:16:42] Processing: VID_00414 (1 of 1)
- [19:16:42] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00414]
- [19:22:01] Reencoding video [VID_00414]
- Audio/PGS sizing issue. Continued...
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 166,358 frames
- [20:59:46] Reencoding: VID_00414, Pass 1 of 1
- [23:33:22] Video Encode complete
- [23:33:22] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Reencoding audio to AAC...
[23:46:16]PHASE ONE complete
[23:46:16]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [23:46:16] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
[23:48:13] - Encode and Rebuild complete
- Computer SHUTDOWN initiated.
Change your target size. That only happens when the combined audio/pgc won't fit on the target. It's an error, of course -- because the target size shouldn't matter when outputting to MP4, I guess I just never noticed it before. I'll fix it for the next release.
Old 5th April 2013, 22:23   #16883  |  Link
jdobbs

@Capsbackup & AmigaFuture

Please let me know if that fixes it...
Old 5th April 2013, 23:01   #16884  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Change your target size.
Quote:
@Capsbackup & AmigaFuture
Please let me know if that fixes it...

Yes, this does fix it!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 03:38   #16885  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by plouie10 View Post
Hi Jdobbs,
First let me say I love the program and have used it without issues. Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I don't know where else to ask, so if I'm wrong I apologize.

I'm compressing a blu-ray copy of Zero Dark Thirty using BD Rebuilder to compress to 25GB Blu-Ray. I choose the 35GB M2TS Stream which is 00001MPLS. I am only presented with 3 PGS streams for subtitles. The first 2 are english and then a spanish one. None of which are the forced subtitle streams. So when I compress and play back on Blu-ray player it's either all the english subtitles or none. It won't just play the forced subtitle. Can anybody point me in the right direction to get this to work?
Thanks
Phil
I ran this today... and maybe I'm just missing it -- but I can't find any forced subs in this, even on the original. Can you point out where they are supposed to be in the timeline?
Old 6th April 2013, 06:53   #16886  |  Link
plouie10

Quote:
I ran this today... and maybe I'm just missing it -- but I can't find any forced subs in this, even on the original. Can you point out where they are supposed to be in the timeline?
Hi Jobbs
At 38:35 they are speaking a foreign language. It starts with a man saying "You know how this works?" then I think he says "God willing we won't have to use it". In another forum somebody told me that BDclown can find forced subs that are just marked as "forced" in the main subtitle track. They then sent me this link. http://scottjohnson.org/wiki/Dune/Forced_subtitles_with_ClownBD

I'm not sure how to totally run it as I'm still testing, but when I look at the log it did find 15 forced subtitles in the 2nd english subtitle pgs.

Thanks
Phil

Last edited by plouie10; 6th April 2013 at 06:59.
plouie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 13:29   #16887  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Hi Jobbs
At 38:35 they are speaking a foreign language. It starts with a man saying "You know how this works?" then I think he says "God willing we won't have to use it". In another forum somebody told me that BDclown can find forced subs that are just marked as "forced" in the main subtitle track. They then sent me this link. http://scottjohnson.org/wiki/Dune/Forced_subtitles_with_ClownBD

I'm not sure how to totally run it as I'm still testing, but when I look at the log it did find 15 forced subtitles in the 2nd english subtitle pgs.

Thanks
Phil
I really don't pay attention how other packages might do. I don't do comparisons, reviews, or competition -- they have no place in this forum. So I ask folks not to post "xxxx does it". That's a good way to get no answer.

As I've sad before, it's very easy to scan the SUP file... but it takes time and I don't want to add any more time to the process. BD-RB keeps the subs intact that you keep, and the flags for forcing are right there in the stream. So the question would be "how did they go away?" if you kept the original PGS stream.

[Edit] I just played back that section. Although they were speaking Arabic -- there were no forced subtitles at that point on my movie-only backup when I play it back using PowerDVD. Unfortunately, though... there also weren't any displayed on the original either.

[Edit] Ok... I just scanned the 3 PGS streams, and the second stream (PID 4609) does indeed have 15 subtitles that are flagged as forced. So the question now is: Why isn't PowerDVD displaying them?

[Edit] It appears to be a bug in PowerDVD. I just selected that sub and then turned it off as a test, from that point on the forced subs started working in both my backup and in the original (even though the stream wasn't selected). That's how it is supposed to work. Next I will burn the backup and test it on my Samsung standalone.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th April 2013 at 14:20.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 15:13   #16888  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Next I will burn the backup and test it on my Samsung standalone.
The forced subs for this 'movie-only' backup worked fine on my Standalone Sony, once I manually selected the correct sub stream.

I'm still a bit confused by BD subtitles. But it's not really a bug so I'll start a dedicated thread.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 15:39   #16889  |  Link
plouie10

Quote:
I really don't pay attention how other packages might do. I don't do comparisons, reviews, or competition -- they have no place in this forum. So I ask folks not to post "xxxx does it". That's a good way to get no answer.

As I've sad before, it's very easy to scan the SUP file... but it takes time and I don't want to add any more time to the process. BD-RB keeps the subs intact that you keep, and the flags for forcing are right there in the stream. So the question would be "how did they go away?" if you kept the original PGS stream.

[Edit] I just played back that section. Although they were speaking Arabic -- there were no forced subtitles at that point on my movie-only backup when I play it back using PowerDVD. Unfortunately, though... there also weren't any displayed on the original either.

[Edit] Ok... I just scanned the 3 PGS streams, and the second stream (PID 4609) does indeed have 15 subtitles that are flagged as forced. So the question now is: Why isn't PowerDVD displaying them?

[Edit] It appears to be a bug in PowerDVD. I just selected that sub and then turned it off as a test, from that point on the forced subs started working in both my backup and in the original (even though the stream wasn't selected). That's how it is supposed to work. Next I will burn the backup and test it on my Samsung standalone.
Hi Jdobbs,
No disrespect intended. I was only pointing towards another product as a way of finding the flagged forced subs. I appreciate your efforts.
Thanks
plouie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 18:53   #16890  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Hi Jdobbs,
No disrespect intended. I was only pointing towards another product as a way of finding the flagged forced subs. I appreciate your efforts.
Thanks
No big deal -- I just need to be clear, there are lots of people out there who have nothing better to do with their time than start arguments about "what's better" or "why does product x work when product y doesn't" -- and I'm just not into any of that nonsense. So I always stop it even at the first hint, no offense intended -- I'm just trying to reiterate the point. From my perspective if someone finds a better way to backup than BD-RB -- they should use it and be done with it and leave me alone (of course I believe there isn't a better way, but I'm probably not a very product-agnostic reviewer for this area).

Anyway, back on topic. I burned my movie-only backup of "Zero Dark Thirty" and the forced subtitles aren't showing on my standalone. I'm sure this was working fine in the past, so I need to dig around and find out what's going on.
Old 6th April 2013, 19:24   #16891  |  Link
ricoman

Quote:
Anyway, back on topic. I burned my movie-only backup of "Zero Dark Thirty" and the forced subtitles aren't showing on my standalone. I'm sure this was working fine in the past, so I need to dig around and find out what's going on.
Yes, I had the same issue and had to turn on all (of the annoying) subtitles to understand some of the extended foreign language scenes. I thought I had done something wrong so I didn't post at the time. Just verifying what you found.
ricoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 19:36   #16892  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoman View Post
Yes, I had the same issue and had to turn on all (of the annoying) subtitles to understand some of the extended foreign language scenes. I thought I had done something wrong so I didn't post at the time. Just verifying what you found.
Well, I'm confused. I looked at the SUP stream that is in the backup and the forced_on_flag is very definitely set. So I have no idea why it isn't always displaying.

I looked at the standard, and it is very clear, with no ambiguities whatsoever, that the player should show the forced subs when forced_on_flag is set, even if no subtitle is selected.

I could fairly easily pull the individual forced subtitles into a SUP of their own and turn that one on... but that's NOT how it's supposed to work.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th April 2013 at 23:06.
Old 7th April 2013, 09:33   #16893  |  Link
longtom

Again for subtitles.
Latest BDs have 2 subtitle tracks.
One is normal, Second is forced one (on original BD).
On this second subtitle track there are only a few subs (e.g. 10 in the whole movie as there are the forced ones).

But when i rip both (Main movie extraction) no subs are forced!
(So i don't see Subtitle 2 forced, only when i select it manually)

On original BD automatically Subtitle 2 are displayed.
longtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 13:46   #16894  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtom View Post
Again for subtitles.
Latest BDs have 2 subtitle tracks.
One is normal, Second is forced one (on original BD).
On this second subtitle track there are only a few subs (e.g. 10 in the whole movie as there are the forced ones).

But when i rip both (Main movie extraction) no subs are forced!
(So i don't see Subtitle 2 forced, only when i select it manually)

On original BD automatically Subtitle 2 are displayed.
While that might be a way to do it, that's not what I'm seeing as typical. More often I just see standard English subtitle streams with certain individual subtitle lines of text (as a graphic) flagged as forced. That's also how it is done in "Zero Dark Thirty" -- which is the disc we're discussing.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th April 2013 at 13:50.
Old 7th April 2013, 13:51   #16895  |  Link
longtom

Yes, normally one stream with some forced flags, but i had this "new" way of forced subs in some BDs.
Do you see a possibility to force Subtitle stream 2?
Old 7th April 2013, 13:58   #16896  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtom View Post
Yes, normally one stream with some forced flags, but i had this "new" way of forced subs in some BDs.
Do you see a possibility to force Subtitle stream 2?
As I said earlier, that second stream has about 15 individual subtitle lines of text (a subset of many lines in that PGS stream) that are properly set to be forced in the backup. That's easy to check, just demux them from the movie-only output and scan them. I'm not sure why they aren't always working... but right now I have to suspect TSMUXER, since it is the only software that is manipulating the streams (demuxing and muxing). If you turn on subtitle stream #2, you would get ALL the subtitles, not just he 15 that are flagged.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th April 2013 at 14:01.
Old 7th April 2013, 14:03   #16897  |  Link
longtom

Maybe there is some misunderstanding.
e.g. Premium Rush or Threesome -> 2 German subtitle tracks.
First -> Standard no forced flag
Second -> lets assume 15 subtitles (in total) also no forced flag BUT these are displayed during normal playback on original BD (no subtitles set to on). -> So these are also somehow forced
Old 7th April 2013, 18:51   #16898  |  Link
Sharc

All of a sudden DB-RB refuses to start. I get:
System Error &H80004023 (-2147467229).
I am on WIN7 64bit.
Inspect.exe reports all ok but
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Not Set correctly
Re-installing DB-RB, ffdshow, haali and system restart does not help.
Any suggestions?
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 21:28   #16899  |  Link
colinhunt

I'm still getting the "Warning: Framerate [23,976fps] not BD compliant" error on 0.43.06 when trying to Import .M2TS and output into MKV.

[23:16:14] Importing M2TS: 00014
- Preparing M2TS for processing...
- Collecting audio/video streams from source...
- Warning: Framerate [23,976fps] not BD compliant.
- Building pseudo-BD source structure...
[23:18:23] Video import completed successfully.

BUT BD-RB has no problem outputting that exact same M2TS into an MKV when the M2TS file is loaded using the "Other Movie-Only Playlist" feature. Unfortunately not all M2TS files can be processed via a playlist.

Is it possible this issue could have something to do with how decimal point is handled in different regions, as in comma vs. full stop; 23,976 vs. 23.976?
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 22:08   #16900  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
I'm still getting the "Warning: Framerate [23,976fps] not BD compliant" error on 0.43.06 when trying to Import .M2TS and output into MKV.

[23:16:14] Importing M2TS: 00014
- Preparing M2TS for processing...
- Collecting audio/video streams from source...
- Warning: Framerate [23,976fps] not BD compliant.
- Building pseudo-BD source structure...
[23:18:23] Video import completed successfully.

BUT BD-RB has no problem outputting that exact same M2TS into an MKV when the M2TS file is loaded using the "Other Movie-Only Playlist" feature. Unfortunately not all M2TS files can be processed via a playlist.

Is it possible this issue could have something to do with how decimal point is handled in different regions, as in comma vs. full stop; 23,976 vs. 23.976?
Yes, it's possible. But I'm not sure. I'll have to look at it.