Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 24th January 2013, 11:52   #7581  |  Link
Tylerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@Tylerr

Again, you might want to send the author an email...

BTW - What version of multiAVCHD are you using?
The latest version
Tylerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 20:26   #7582  |  Link
setarip_old

@Tylerr

Just to be certain, please post the VERSION NUMBER of multiAVCHD that you are using...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 18:40   #7583  |  Link
QUEENFAN

Hello,

how can I get rid of the grey submenu in slide mode (Watch, learn, play enjoy) in the main menu? Not just the text (I know where to erase this) but the grey menu with frame.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards

QUEENFAN

QUEENFAN

Last edited by QUEENFAN; 26th January 2013 at 18:42.
QUEENFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 14:29   #7584  |  Link
Griffith400

Build 771 - DownloadInFile fWrite: (RT) The andle is invalid. Line 132

Guys,

I recently got the above error on my 4.1 Build 770 install. Been working fine and nothing I've installed of late that I can think of.

It does it when MultiBOOT.exe runs and then checks for a newer version. It then continues to give the error when amending a Project in anyway.

I ran MultiUpdate manually and this updated to 4.1 Build 771. Once the updtae finishes, it runs the software without error. HOWEVER, if I run via MultiBOOT.exe as normal, the error still happens and editing doesn't work. Yet, if I run via MultiUPDATE (no update needed now!) it works fine and I can amend my Projects?

Any ideas?

Steve.

Last edited by Griffith400; 27th January 2013 at 22:33.
Griffith400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 22:44   #7585  |  Link
Bomopu

Hi, I would just like to ask if anyone has ever tried making a compilation with files, folders etc they are not allowed to access due to needing administrator access? I am having a problem with the compilation hanging at the 'renaming to FAT compatible filenames' part and I wonder if that could happen? Thanks.
Bomopu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 00:51   #7586  |  Link
setarip_old

@Griffith400

Hi!
Quote:
HOWEVER, if I run via MultiBOOT.exe as normal, the error still happens and editing doesn't work. Yet, if I run via MultiUPDATE (no update needed now!) it works fine and I can amend my Projects?
So don't run via "Multiboot.exe' ;>}
Old 28th January 2013, 22:28   #7587  |  Link
Griffith400

Quote:
@Griffith400

Hi!

So don't run via "Multiboot.exe' ;>}
Hardly the fastest way to start the program while it runs off and checks for updates, downloads and then installs? Besides, that's what Dean's program tells you to start it with!

Was looking for a Linda more helpful answer to the problem to be honest.

Cheers,

Steve.
Griffith400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 11:50   #7588  |  Link
Bomopu

Griffith, I had that problem a couple of years ago. It was with a differrent build but I think it fixed itself just by uninstall/reinstalling mAVCHD.

but it may be that a newer build was released and that solved it. Can't be sure now.
Bomopu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2013, 16:03   #7589  |  Link
Tylerr

Quote:
@Tylerr

Just to be certain, please post the VERSION NUMBER of multiAVCHD that you are using...
Multiavchd v4.1 Built 771
Tylerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 04:14   #7590  |  Link
Bordo32

I am authoring AVCHD on DVD-R media.
Can some one please confirm:
Two folders BDMV and AVCHDTN created by multiAVCHD need to be placed/burn in DVD-R Root directory.
"AVCHD Strict" needs to be checked in order to create DVD-R playable on most BD players.
Bordo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 17:44   #7591  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordo32 View Post
Two folders BDMV and AVCHDTN created by multiAVCHD need to be placed/burn in DVD-R Root directory.
"AVCHD Strict" needs to be checked in order to create DVD-R playable on most BD players.
I do not use "AVCHD Strict", but use Blu-ray for all my backups. No problems experienced.
Blu-ray has BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders only.
I believe AVCHD has only BDMV.
I have never kept the AVCHDTN folder or any other folders created by multiAVCHD.
I would suggest testing a few different cases with DVD+RW for compatibility.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 19:24   #7592  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Anyone know how to(or if it's even possible) have for example two titles untouched (no re-encode) and one to fit the rest of the disc?
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 12:31   #7593  |  Link
Music Fan

I don't know. If no, you could maybe try with BDRebuilder : it can re-encode movies to fit a certain disc size, but I don't know if you can apply it to only one title and untouch others.
If yes, and if you need first to make authoring with MultiAVCHD, you can make this authoring without re-encoding and then re-encode one of the titles with BDRebuilder.
Otherwise, you will have to calculate the bitrate needed to fit the disc and encode it with before opening it in MultiAVCHD.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 12:35   #7594  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Check "burn with ImgBurn", MultiAVCHD will launch it at the end of the authoring process and you will see what folders are ready to be burnt.

Quote:
I believe it was only useful for old Panasonic players which didn't support "out-of-mux" menus.

Last edited by Music Fan; 1st February 2013 at 12:38.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2013, 00:51   #7595  |  Link
antonny19

please any help or tutorial to support tv Panasonic TX-L WT50 ..
tried all the ways and nothing
sorry for my English ..
thanks
antonny19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2013, 01:07   #7596  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Thanks.. will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
I don't know. If no, you could maybe try with BDRebuilder : it can re-encode movies to fit a certain disc size, but I don't know if you can apply it to only one title and untouch others.
If yes, and if you need first to make authoring with MultiAVCHD, you can make this authoring without re-encoding and then re-encode one of the titles with BDRebuilder.
Otherwise, you will have to calculate the bitrate needed to fit the disc and encode it with before opening it in MultiAVCHD.
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2013, 02:50   #7597  |  Link
Bruise2237

Hey guys, first time ever posting here so thanks for any help that may be given. I've read about the issues when trying to add audio with a static background for the menu page and how only BD and I believe AVCHD formats are capable of doing this in MultiAVCHD. My issue is I am creating a BD Disc format and I still can't get my audio to play on the main menu. I've used mp3 and ac3 audio formats to test. When I play the file from the BDMV folder on my computer the music plays, but when I burn to a blu ray disc and play in my PS3 or other Blu Ray player, the music doesn't play. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and what solutions there may be. Thanks for any help, it is appreciated.
Bruise2237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2013, 01:35   #7598  |  Link
setarip_old

Add chapters to MultiAVCHD-created HD-DVDs?

Does anyone know of a way to add chapters to the less-than-fully-compliant HD-DVDs that are created by MultiAVCHD?

Last edited by setarip_old; 10th February 2013 at 01:17.
Old 13th February 2013, 06:23   #7599  |  Link
no cigar

Menus/Promo

Hey guys this is an awesome program and I would just like to raise a couple of questions about menus.

1) In the instructional thread there is a custom looking menu of Valkryie. I was wondering how, if I was able to make a background image like this, do I map the regions of the screen to buttons?

2) Is there any way to have the title menu be the top menu or first menu upon starting?

3) I would like to play a DTS/THX intro before both of my features. Is there any way to do this within MULTIAVCHD or would the files have to be re-encoded with the promos?

Thanks!
no cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 20:47   #7600  |  Link
QUEENFAN

There seems to be a problem with subtitles on my Windows 8 Pro x64 (8GB RAM) as well as Win XP SP3 system. I get the following error:

-!!!subtitles may be incomplete!
-!!! Error converting subtitles (java?)

The newest JAVA is installed on my computer.

Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

QUEENFAN
QUEENFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author