Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 15th June 2010, 10:36   #81  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Could it be possible to get DGMultiSource instead of DGSource automatically inserted in AVS generator? I have tried to parse the xml but I fear to make damages.
Old 15th June 2010, 16:06   #82  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
Please try to install MeGui, overwrite with x64 and update.
This is not supported. Please make a clean installation (instruction in the first posting). If you overwrite your installation the files will not be updated because the build number of the tools does not change. Therefore you have to replace all files yourself.

Quote:
Any chance about the bitrate? Even a hover banner would be sufficient.
There is allways a chance. Please create a feature request at the sourceforge page.

Quote:
Could it be possible to get DGMultiSource instead of DGSource automatically inserted in AVS generator? I have tried to parse the xml but I fear to make damages.
Since a few build DGMultiSource is the default value but this will only be applied to new installations. You can change it manually in the settings - deselect "Use CUVIDServer".
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 09:09   #83  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
There is allways a chance. Please create a feature request at the sourceforge page.
Registered and done
Old 16th June 2010, 21:18   #84  |  Link
pokazene_maslo

Hello. I have the same problem than Inspector Gadget - when I try to load avs script, megui comes up with an error "avisynth script error: cannot load avisynth.dll"
I have confirmed that avisynth is working by loading the same avs file in virtualdub x64.

I have the latest MeGUI 0.3.4.17 x64
pokazene_maslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 21:35   #85  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

I no longer have that problem. The revised Avisynth detection logic works well if you've properly installed Avisynth x86 and then installed Avisynth x64 using joshyd's instructions exactly.
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 21:46   #86  |  Link
pokazene_maslo

Yes, I followed his instructions. btw. I have avisynth x64 installed for at least 3 months. Older version of megui x64 worked without any problem. Problems started with megui 0.3.4.15 iirc.
Old 16th June 2010, 21:50   #87  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Three months...did you update to the April 16 build?
Old 16th June 2010, 22:14   #88  |  Link
pokazene_maslo

Yes, but does it matter when problems started with megui 0.3.4.15? It's clearly a megui problem.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:38   #89  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

The changelog for .15 doesn't reveal any alteration to the Avisynth detection method, so maybe Zathor can think of something else relevant. For fun, try importing the registry file in joshyd's package and see if it's a paths issue.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:40   #90  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokazene_maslo View Post
Yes, but does it matter when problems started with megui 0.3.4.15? It's clearly a megui problem.
I do not think so because I have only changed the detection logic at the program start in the last build (.17). The logic is there to check if avisynth is installed and if you pass this check at least for megui everything is fine. I have changed nothing regarding any later avisynth check (I even do not know if there are any later checks). Feel free to try older builds:
http://megui.org/auto

At the moment I believe your avisynth installation is somehow corrupt. Please try to open the AVS script for example with VirtualDub x64.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:56   #91  |  Link
pokazene_maslo

Read post number #84 I already tried to open the avs script in virtualdub 1.9.9 x64 - no problem.
And i will try older build, but later....

Edit: tried megui-core versions: 0.3.4.12, 0.3.4.13, 0.3.4.14, 0.3.4.15 all the same error. Don't know what other files I should try to revert?

And executing avisynth.reg didn't change anything.

Last edited by pokazene_maslo; 16th June 2010 at 23:32.
Old 18th June 2010, 06:59   #92  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

The mkv created by MeGUI is very slow in opening from media players. If I remux the same with MKVToolnix, the problem is solved. Is it possible to fix it?
Old 18th June 2010, 14:34   #93  |  Link
quantum5uicid3

@pokazene
virtualdub is finding avisynth.dll somewhere that megui isn't, is mpc-hc x64 opening the avs ok? i doubt avisynth64 is installed properly, are you sure the install batch file executed properly and reg imported properly? that's where you need to be looking, it's all plain text.

@tormento
i dont know exact technical reasons but the output mkv coming directly from the encoders are lacking some info that mkvmerge will add upon muxing in audio(or just remuxing), i guess this might be a nuisance if you dont generally add any other audio or files to the final output, but having megui automatically remux mkv's would be a waste of time for most users.
quantum5uicid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 16:05   #94  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

x264's MKV output is known to be slow to seek. That's not a MeGUI problem.
Old 18th June 2010, 17:38   #95  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
btw. I have avisynth x64 installed for at least 3 months. Older version of megui x64 worked without any problem. Problems started with megui 0.3.4.15 iirc.
Quote:
Edit: tried megui-core versions: 0.3.4.12, 0.3.4.13, 0.3.4.14, 0.3.4.15 all the same error. Don't know what other files I should try to revert?
If all of the above versions did not work now while the older ones have been working for you a while ago it's not the fault of MeGUI. Sadly I have no idea what may cause the problem. You could try to uninstall avisynth (32 + 64) and reinstall it if not already done.
Old 19th June 2010, 14:35   #96  |  Link
pokazene_maslo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum5uicid3 View Post
@pokazene
virtualdub is finding avisynth.dll somewhere that megui isn't, is mpc-hc x64 opening the avs ok? i doubt avisynth64 is installed properly, are you sure the install batch file executed properly and reg imported properly? that's where you need to be looking, it's all plain text.
mpc-hc x64 is not opening avs files since I installed win7 x64 some half year ago. Always says "cannot render the file". I tried to solve it, so I started a thread about it in software player section but in a month nobody replied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
You could try to uninstall avisynth (32 + 64) and reinstall it if not already done.
tried - no change.
Old 28th June 2010, 03:31   #97  |  Link
aegisofrime

Zanthor: I'm having this strange error that sometimes pops up when a processing job finishes. Its occurrence seems to be random. After it occurs MeGUI then crashes.

It also seems to be limited to x264 jobs, not audio encoding jobs.

aegisofrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 15:20   #98  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
mpc-hc x64 is not opening avs files since I installed win7 x64 some half year ago. Always says "cannot render the file". I tried to solve it, so I started a thread about it in software player section but in a month nobody replied.
tried - no change.
probably your system needs a YV12 decoder.
install FFDSHOW (64 bits)
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 00:11   #99  |  Link
pokazene_maslo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth View Post
probably your system needs a YV12 decoder.
install FFDSHOW (64 bits)
I assure you that I have installed latest ffdshow x64 and it's working.
Old 30th June 2010, 07:19   #100  |  Link
AMED

Hi Zathor,

I'm getting this error when I'm trying to use the one click encoder. it looks it's having trouble generating output filename. basically i have been through Futurama season 1 using the one click encoder without any problems but when i start on season 2 i get that error, if i try and load another season 1 vob in it work fine. i have closed MeGUI and reopened and it still does it.

Code:
[Error] Unhandled error
-[NoImage] Exception message: An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file.
-[NoImage] Stacktrace
--[NoImage]    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
--[NoImage]    at System.IO.FileStream.SeekCore(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)
--[NoImage]    at System.IO.FileStream.Seek(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)
--[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.util.IFOparser.GetFileBlock(String strFile, Int64 pos, Int32 count)
--[NoImage]    at MeGUI.IfoExtractor.GetChapters(String ifoFile, Int32 programChain, TimeSpan& duration, Double& fps)
--[NoImage]    at MeGUI.IfoExtractor.GetStreams(String location)
--[NoImage]    at MeGUI.VideoUtil.getChaptersFromIFO(String fileName, Boolean qpfile)
--[NoImage]    at MeGUI.OneClickWindow.openInput(String fileName)
--[NoImage]    at MeGUI.FileBar.triggerEvent()
--[NoImage]    at MeGUI.FileBar.setFilename(String filename)
--[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
--[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
--[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
--[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
--[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
--[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
--[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
--[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
-[NoImage] Inner exception: null
Code:
[Information] Versions
-[NoImage] MeGUI Version : 0.3.4.18 x64
-[NoImage] OS : Windows Seven Ultimate Edition x64 (6.1.0.7600)
-[NoImage] Latest .Net Framework installed : 4.0 (4.0.30319)
-[NoImage] Avisynth Version : 2.5.8.5

Last edited by AMED; 30th June 2010 at 07:24.
AMED is offline   Reply With Quote