Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th August 2019, 12:42   #101  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Thanx for this app. Didnīt know it so far, just tested it, works great!!

Is there a chance you could add some things:

- distribute encodings over several CPU nodes (I have several Multi CPU Machines - when doing 4 encodes at once, it would be nice to have them eavenly spreaded over the cpus/cores to max out CPUs.)
- Include "grain" and 10bit switches for HEVC (10 Bit I found, was easy, not enough coffee...=
- Support AAC HE Audio Coding with good quality (I found a hidden switch in the ini file, but how do I activate AAC HE now? Checke, if my compile is able to do it, but I need help enabling it in DMmediacoder)

Thanx

Edit: Figured some stuff out myself, so I corrected this post-..

Last edited by ReinerSchweinlin; 20th August 2019 at 11:31.
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 11:35   #102  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Another thing I noticed: When converting Files via batch from FLAC Audio to AAC, mediainfo shows the old bitrates of the FLAC files in the AAC streams - they play fine though.
When dealing with multiple audio streams in a batch and different channel counts (stream 1: Stereo, Stream 2: 5.1, Stream 3: mono, Stream 4: 7.1 ...) - is it possible to set "bitrate per channel" ? Or maybe choose a CFR ? If I set a fixed bitrate, its too much for 2 channels, but not enough for 8 channels

Last edited by ReinerSchweinlin; 14th September 2019 at 08:50.
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2019, 08:37   #103  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmango View Post
Thanks for this great app !

Please add options for:
  1. eac3 audio in the list of codecs
  2. enable/disable audio and subtitle flags (forced, default...)
  3. stream duplication (i.ex: right click to duplicate a stream) (i.ex my use case: to keep source TrueHD/DTSMA/DTS audio/subtitle and add a duplicate with another codec, so the mkv can also be played on devices that don't support the source codec)

Example command line of what I need to do very often:

Code:
ffmpeg -i source.mkv -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -map 0:2 -map 0:1 -map 0:1  -map 0:3 -map 0:4 -map 0:5 -c:v copy -c:a:0 copy -c:a:1 eac3 -c:a:2 copy -c:a:3 eac3 -b:a:1 1536k -b:a:3 768k -c:s copy output.mkv
(this reorders the audio (0:2 before 0:1) and duplicates 2 audio tracks (0:1 and 0:2) with a 2nd eac3 copy with different bitrates for each eac3 stream, and keeps all the subtitles).

Many thanks !
1. will see
2. i don't think ffmpeg supports this flags
3. as an workaround, just add the source file twice and disable all the other streams from the second source leaving only the desired audio which you will convert with a different settings.
i hope this helps.
mdalacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2019, 08:52   #104  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
Thanx for this app. Didnīt know it so far, just tested it, works great!!

Is there a chance you could add some things:

- distribute encodings over several CPU nodes (I have several Multi CPU Machines - when doing 4 encodes at once, it would be nice to have them eavenly spreaded over the cpus/cores to max out CPUs.)
- Include "grain" and 10bit switches for HEVC (10 Bit I found, was easy, not enough coffee...=
- Support AAC HE Audio Coding with good quality (I found a hidden switch in the ini file, but how do I activate AAC HE now? Checke, if my compile is able to do it, but I need help enabling it in DMmediacoder)

Thanx

Edit: Figured some stuff out myself, so I corrected this post-..
1. The encoding threads are dependend on ffmpeg/codec. If a condec can not scale up and you have multiple files to encode, just queue them and increase the parallel jobs number from the queue window.
2. Last time a ihave checked there was no grain profile for hevc in ffmpeg.
3. First you need to use ffmpeg compiled with libfdk. Then, use something like this for aac he if you really need this, it is only for low bit rate!

I hope it helps!
Old 29th September 2019, 15:12   #105  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
Another thing I noticed: When converting Files via batch from FLAC Audio to AAC, mediainfo shows the old bitrates of the FLAC files in the AAC streams - they play fine though.
When dealing with multiple audio streams in a batch and different channel counts (stream 1: Stereo, Stream 2: 5.1, Stream 3: mono, Stream 4: 7.1 ...) - is it possible to set "bitrate per channel" ? Or maybe choose a CFR ? If I set a fixed bitrate, its too much for 2 channels, but not enough for 8 channels
Sorry but no...
At first i wanted to do Container profiles witch was a collection of stream profiles but i never had the time to implement this...sorry.
Old 29th September 2019, 16:27   #106  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalacu View Post
1. will see

2. i don't think ffmpeg supports this flags

3. as an workaround, just add the source file twice and disable all the other streams from the second source leaving only the desired audio which you will convert with a different settings.

i hope this helps.
Many thanks.

You can set the default and forced flags for audio and subtitles like this:

-disposition:s:0 default

-disposition:s:0 forced

Note s in -disposition:s:0 in this case stands for subtitle and not stream. To select the second steam by index use -disposition:1

If I remux 70gb files this would have to read 140gb + writing at the same time, which takes a long time.

It would really help if you could add it by selecting the streams, as per the command line example in my above post.

Thanks!
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2019, 16:00   #107  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Many thanks.

You can set the default and forced flags for audio and subtitles like this:

-disposition:s:0 default

-disposition:s:0 forced

Note s in -disposition:s:0 in this case stands for subtitle and not stream. To select the second steam by index use -disposition:1

If I remux 70gb files this would have to read 140gb + writing at the same time, which takes a long time.

It would really help if you could add it by selecting the streams, as per the command line example in my above post.

Thanks!
Hi. Regarding pct 2.
Do you know if multiple streams of the same type could have the same flag? Does it make any sense?
Thx.
Old 3rd October 2019, 00:14   #108  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Hi. Regarding pct 2.

Do you know if multiple streams of the same type could have the same flag? Does it make any sense?

Thx.
Yes, you can for example have several forced subtitles (for the different languages - for each language you have 1 full and 1 forced).

In this example , the Kodi media player will automatically select the correct forced subtitles matching the selected audio language.

(this is why the forced flag is important, it allows the media players that correctly support them to automatically select the subtitles matching the audio, just like DVD & blu-ray players).
Old 3rd October 2019, 13:26   #109  |  Link
mdalacu

Hi, test this and please, provide feedback for stream disposition.
Just replace the exe in the application folder
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11sM...ew?usp=sharing
Hint: Right click on stream

Last edited by mdalacu; 3rd October 2019 at 17:48.
Old 4th October 2019, 15:33   #110  |  Link
mdalacu

Forget the above linke, it has a few bugs..
Try this.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MMq...ew?usp=sharing
Just rename it as an exe file and overwrite dmmediaconverter.exe
Soo wha't new in this version:
stream disposition: default ,forced
duplicate stream !
Test and provide feedback.
Thanks.
Old 4th October 2019, 15:34   #111  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
See above post
Old 8th October 2019, 05:00   #112  |  Link
manolito

Thanks for the test version...

Tested it on 2 different machines under WinXP and Win7-64, and both have the same issues:

While the "default" and "forced" stream tags work well, the video preview in the "Picture Settings" window is broken. Just an empty video area, no error message.

The other thing which makes little sense to me is the new "Screenshot" tab. All I can do with it is see the string, it is not even possible to copy the string to the clipboard by right-clicking it (CTRL-C works). It should offer the possibility to open the screenshot in a picture editor by either right-clicking or double-clicking this tab. And since the "Stream Settings" window does already show this same screenshot I do not really see its usefulness.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2019, 05:16   #113  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Yes, you can for example have several forced subtitles (for the different languages - for each language you have 1 full and 1 forced).

In this example , the Kodi media player will automatically select the correct forced subtitles matching the selected audio language.

(this is why the forced flag is important, it allows the media players that correctly support them to automatically select the subtitles matching the audio, just like DVD & blu-ray players).
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Thanks for the test version...

Tested it on 2 different machines under WinXP and Win7-64, and both have the same issues:

While the "default" and "forced" stream tags work well, the video preview in the "Picture Settings" window is broken. Just an empty video area, no error message.

The other thing which makes little sense to me is the new "Screenshot" tab. All I can do with it is see the string, it is not even possible to copy the string to the clipboard by right-clicking it (CTRL-C works). It should offer the possibility to open the screenshot in a picture editor by either right-clicking or double-clicking this tab. And since the "Stream Settings" window does already show this same screenshot I do not really see its usefulness.

Cheers
manolito
Hei! There was some problems with the builds from the first posts, did u use the file from the last post because you should not see "screenshot" filed, it is an internal stream variable. Also there sould be an "Duplicate" item in the popup menu...?
Thanks.
EDIT: Just to be shure that there are no mixups i have reuploaded the file. Use the last link. Thx.

Last edited by mdalacu; 8th October 2019 at 05:32.
Old 8th October 2019, 08:09   #114  |  Link
manolito

Reuploaded and tested again..,

This is indeed a different version, I can tell because the new one does not say "TEST VERSION" in the title bar, and there no longer is a Screen Shot tab.

And yes, there is a "Duplicate" item when right-clickin a stream (was also present in the previous version). But still I do not get any video in the "Picture Settings" window. Just an empty screen area...

Old 8th October 2019, 10:30   #115  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Reuploaded and tested again..,

This is indeed a different version, I can tell because the new one does not say "TEST VERSION" in the title bar, and there no longer is a Screen Shot tab.

And yes, there is a "Duplicate" item when right-clickin a stream (was also present in the previous version). But still I do not get any video in the "Picture Settings" window. Just an empty screen area...

Yes, you are right! I have missed an " :/ Sorry about that.
Please, redownload from the same link.
Thanks.
Old 8th October 2019, 11:16   #116  |  Link
manolito

Great, this was it...

Everything works now, it looks stable to me.

Thanks very much,

Cheers
manolito
Old 8th October 2019, 12:46   #117  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Great, this was it...

Everything works now, it looks stable to me.

Thanks very much,

Cheers
manolito
Thanks for testing! :-)
Old 10th October 2019, 15:34   #118  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Forget the above linke, it has a few bugs..
Try this.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MMq...ew?usp=sharing
Just rename it as an exe file and overwrite dmmediaconverter.exe
Soo wha't new in this version:
stream disposition: default ,forced
duplicate stream !
Test and provide feedback.
Thanks.

Ohhhh thanks a lot !

The windows version seems ok, but could you please:
  1. add columns to show which streams are forced / default (i.ex by adding a check box like enabled/copy ?)
  2. add eac3 audio encoding in the drop down list
  3. add the linux version (i'm using it on linux only)

This would be perfect.

Many thanks !
Old 11th October 2019, 06:22   #119  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Ohhhh thanks a lot !

The windows version seems ok, but could you please:
  1. add columns to show which streams are forced / default (i.ex by adding a check box like enabled/copy ?)
  2. add eac3 audio encoding in the drop down list
  3. add the linux version (i'm using it on linux only)

This would be perfect.

Many thanks !
1. That was my first try but it was ugly like hell, so right click it is! Green=default bold=forced green&bold=defaut+forced
2. Maybe in a feature verion..
3. I have uploaded the file. Just rename and overwrite the binary. Also linux is my main os.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sJy...ew?usp=sharing
Old 11th October 2019, 10:40   #120  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
1. That was my first try but it was ugly like hell, so right click it is! Green=default bold=forced green&bold=defaut+forced

2. Maybe in a feature verion..

3. I have uploaded the file. Just rename and overwrite the binary. Also linux is my main os.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sJy...ew?usp=sharing
The command line for eac3 (including bitrates, etc...) is exactly the same as for ac3.

This should be an easy fix. (i.ex just replace "ac3" with "eac3" in the command line and add it to the drop down box).

Many thanks.

Tags
ffmpeg, frontend, gui, handbrake, linux