Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th December 2019, 22:40   #1  |  Link
datman

importing DVDs

For years I have had issue with smooth playback when I imported a reg DVD. Playback is choppy the faster the motion the choppier the playback.

I like to play from HDD using a Oppo BDP 105D. If I process it in DVDRB I usually end up with like 5 files and when I try to play them with the Oppo it doesn't always play nice, which file is the start and gap less playback.

Using BDRB to import and create a BD disc with one file I usually get a choppy playback, so I stopped using BDRB for importing. The only way to get a smooth playback with the Oppo has been to burn a DVD disc. Last time, I imported and the playback was perfect so I thought that issue had been fixed. How wrong I was this time the same thing back to choppy video.

Any ideas? What's the best way to play DVD backup files from a player like the Oppo?
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2020, 10:14   #2  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

DVD-RB 1.28.2: Share your settings.
Show a explorer screenshot of the resulting "like 5 files".
Show a mediainfo readout of a source VTS_01_1.VOB and another of a resulting VTS_01_1.VOB.
BD-RB 0.60.0.29: Share your settings.
Show a mediainfo readout of a source VTS_01_1.VOB and another of the resulting file, whatever you got.

Last edited by Emulgator; 6th January 2020 at 10:18.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote