Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 1st March 2020, 12:20   #1401  |  Link
NikosD

New versions for all HW encoders:

NVenc v4.67
QSVenc v3.32
VCEenc v5.03

Mainly bug fixes and a new noise reduction filter for NVenc (--vpp-smooth)

I think you can just add them inside StaxRip folders.
Old 1st March 2020, 17:40   #1402  |  Link
Taurus

For three hours I have tried to get QTGMC in a working condition
Dfttest.dll provided by StaxRip was throwing an illegal instruction message.
Searched my harddisk & internet for a 64bit version of this file.
Exchanging various mutants of the dll did not work well.
And yes, the corresponding fftw.dll is in the search path.
Lately I found a mod (dfttest_1943mod_190410) and bingo:
QTGMC & dfttest denoiser are working reliable and fast.
This is on an old PC Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 with just
MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, Intel 64 instructions.
I know over at the older StaxRip help thread someone had the same struggle:https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...1901957http://
Here is where I've got this mod from:https://github.com/299792458m/dfttest_mod/releases

Hope this helps someone..
Cheers

Last edited by Taurus; 1st March 2020 at 19:43. Reason: Grammar
Old 1st March 2020, 19:23   #1403  |  Link
stax76

Thanks for pointing it out, I think it was reported at least twice. Included in the next build.
Old 1st March 2020, 19:44   #1404  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
Thanks for pointing it out, I think it was reported at least twice. Included in the next build.
Thank you
Old 2nd March 2020, 04:39   #1405  |  Link
stax76

I had few posts bookmarked, bug reports, tool links and other things and addressed it now, thanks for the help. I might pause coding a while and after that much likely work on other tools with other languages. At some time trying to write documentation would make sense I guess. I hope it's working. I'll be back.

Code:
### 2.0.7.3 Beta

- fix: x265 issues with --refine-ctu-distortion and --high-tier
- fix: certain avs and vpy files failed to load before, hopefully all external
       scripts can now be opened
- fix: opening source files that contain single quotes caused a VapourSynth
       script error, the fix will however only work when people reset their
       filter profiles
- fix: the local context help of x264 did often not work

- update: nvenc 4.66
- update: L-Smash-Work 20200207 HolyWu
- update: VSFilterMod R5.2.1
- update: BDSup2Sub++ 1.0.3
- update: qsvenc 3.31
- update: JPSDR 3.2.0
- update: d2vsource 1.2
- update: AVSMeter 2.9.8
- update: chapterEditor 1.21
- update: Subtitle Edit 3.5.13
- update: rav1e 0.3.0
- update: x264 2991-1771b55 Patman

- new: improved possibility to show AviSynth and VapourSynth script
       information with a new dialog and new pixel format parameter       
- new: the right click context help in the x264 and x265 dialog can now
       alternativly open the online help with ctrl or shift + right click
       to navigate directly to the online help of the right-clicked switch
- new: the F1 help in the video encoder dialogs was greatly improved
- new: in the nvenc dialog custom switches do overwrite regular switches
- new: Bwdif plugin for VapourSynth (similar to yadif)
- new: filters can be removed from the filter list view in the main dialog
       using the delete key
- new: qsvenc --colorrange --dhdr10-info --key-on-chapter --sub-source
- new: x264 --avcintra-flavor --index --input-fmt --muxer --quiet
       --verbose --video-filter
- new: the short version command line switches (like -t) are now supported
       in the x264 dialog
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ctl2y928...dd3yqcAHa?dl=0

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArwKS_ZUR01g0kH4...3GaKe?e=qbOfGS
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:29   #1406  |  Link
Havokdan

Just a question, does this beta version no longer support avisynth +? And I saw that it comes without the installer in the folder where it was before.
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:49   #1407  |  Link
stax76

It requires AviSynth+ x64 3.4.0, the official installer is too large to include and I don't see a need to make a custom installer (I had a INNO script in the past but lost it), it should be no problem for users to download and install it, if the user opens a video file and AviSynth+ is not installed the Apps dialog will show up presenting a download button, pressing this will shell execute the URL of the executable triggering the browser to automatically download it. The app management, verification and help system work with these URLs:

.WebURL = "https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus",
.HelpURL = "http://avisynth.nl",
.DownloadURL = "https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/releases/download/v3.4.0/AviSynthPlus_3.4.0_20191020.exe",

Maybe there should also be a readme file, better documentation is planned for this or next year.

I hope it's clear now.

Last edited by stax76; 2nd March 2020 at 12:55.
Old 2nd March 2020, 13:47   #1408  |  Link
Patman

I'm planning to recompile Avisynth+ without VCRedist. You will find it in "My Builds" soon.
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:07   #1409  |  Link
stax76

Nice, I can include it then. Theoretically it could be used portable as well, it's probably fairly simple, needed would only be a small change in app management and verification and when tools are started the path env variable of the process must be updated with folder of avisynth so the OS finds it when the tool calls LoadLibrary. Same for vapoursynth except that it's a larger package due to python. I'm not really seeing a benefit in the portable way though.

Last edited by stax76; 2nd March 2020 at 14:10.
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:20   #1410  |  Link
Havokdan

Thanks for the answer.
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:48   #1411  |  Link
DavidRyan

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work on Staxrip, have been using it a lot over the last few years.

Thought I'd also mention a few little quirks I've noticed (Win10/Staxrip v2.0.6.0) in case someone else hasn't reported them before:
- Been using the cutting feature recently to encode parts of a few source files, muxing sometimes fails when the new segment doesn't contain a chapter, reporting an xml file error. Can get around this by manually muxing the pieces with mkvtoolnix.
- With the window of avisynth scripts it seems like audio functionality is excluded, guessing because of the way audio is handled elsewhere in the interface instead? Eg if using AssumeFPS(true) the audio also won't be adjusted as expected. Or if using 'cutting' one can't just change the frames listed there to do the next piece as audio cutting won't be adjusted too, one needs to go back to the preview window to change it.
- v2.0.6.0 no longer includes the "writing frontend: staxrip vx.x" tag as before, not sure if intended.

These are minor issues one can work around, but thought it worth a mention. Thanks again for all the hard work.
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:24   #1412  |  Link
lasa

I get the error: System.OverflowException: Die arithmetische Operation hat einen Überlauf verursacht.
bei StaxRip.MainForm.ModifyFilters() in D:\Projekte\VB\staxrip\Forms\MainForm.vb:Zeile 2273.
bei StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(IEnumerable`1 files, Boolean isEncoding) in D:\Projekte\VB\staxrip\Forms\MainForm.vb:Zeile 1986.
Old 2nd March 2020, 19:41   #1413  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
- Been using the cutting feature recently to encode parts of a few source files, muxing sometimes fails when the new segment doesn't contain a chapter, reporting an xml file error. Can get around this by manually muxing the pieces with mkvtoolnix.
Fixed in the next build.

Quote:
- With the window of avisynth scripts it seems like audio functionality is excluded, guessing because of the way audio is handled elsewhere in the interface instead? Eg if using AssumeFPS(true) the audio also won't be adjusted as expected. Or if using 'cutting' one can't just change the frames listed
StaxRip does hardly if any audio processing with AviSynth, source filters probably most often do not process audio by default. StaxRip however gives relative much control over AviSynth, almost full control like you write code by hand, you can edit the code and you can config StaxRip so that it uses script code you want, by default. Cutting audio and changing frame rate should work because StaxRip adds the Trim filters at the end of the script. You can find out if a script has audio with the Info() function, if you add this function to your script than the preview will show info parameters, if the font is too small then you can use the new Info filter profile which is High DPI aware, at 288DPI something like Info(size=50) will work, the new profile uses the new %dpi% macro so it works everywhere. If it's not in the filter profiles menu then you can find it in the defaults tab of the filter profiles editor, we improve the filter profiles often but never reset it to avoid people lose their customization. If you modify your script that it has audio than for instance you can use the avisynth script file as audio source file. I generally never had much interest in scripting and audio, megui and maybe other GUIs use more off avisynths audio capabilities.

Quote:
v2.0.6.0 no longer includes the "writing frontend: staxrip vx.x" tag as before, not sure if intended.
It was not re-added after most of the related code was rewritten, you can add it in the Tags tab of the muxer dialog, save a project template and muxer profiles to make the setting persist, the macro you need is %version%. Selur forces it, I don't care.

Quote:
I get the error: System.OverflowException: Die arithmetische Operation hat einen Überlauf verursacht.
bei StaxRip.MainForm.ModifyFilters() in D:\Projekte\VB\staxrip\Forms\MainForm.vb:Zeile 2273.
bei StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(IEnumerable`1 files, Boolean isEncoding) in D:\Projekte\VB\staxrip\Forms\MainForm.vb:Zeile 1986.
I can try to reproduce it if it's not obvious looking at the code, does it happen only at special conditions? If so which conditions?

Last edited by stax76; 2nd March 2020 at 19:53.
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:08   #1414  |  Link
DavidRyan

Great, will look into that, appreciate the response.
Old 2nd March 2020, 21:14   #1415  |  Link
stax76

@Iasa

I'm not sure exactly which line, there is a GetFrameRate method that probably returns NaN (not a number) instead of a proper frame rate, I can fix this line, it's not doing anything important put not getting a proper frame rate might cause other issues so it would be best if you can tell me how to reproduce it. I tried to set FirstOriginalSourceFile to null but it cause an null ref exception somewhere else instead of a overflow exception.

Code:
            Dim miFPS = MediaInfo.GetFrameRate(p.FirstOriginalSourceFile)
            Dim avsFPS = p.SourceScript.GetFramerate

If (CInt(miFPS) * 2) = CInt(avsFPS) Then
                Dim src = p.Script.GetFilter("Source")
                src.Script = src.Script + BR + "SelectEven().AssumeFPS(" & miFPS.ToInvariantString + ")"
                p.SourceScript.Synchronize()
            End If
Old 3rd March 2020, 04:25   #1416  |  Link
Atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzvasturbo View Post
Try it on average 4k hdr bluray source.
preset medium
--crf 17 --level-idc 5.1 --output-depth 10 --rdoq-level 2 --aq-mode 4 --aq-motion --max-merge 3 --ref 4 --master-display "G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635,16450)L(x,x)" --colorprim bt2020 --colormatrix bt2020nc --transfer smpte2084 --range limited --max-cll "x,x" --hdr --hdr-opt --repeat-headers --hrd --aud --deblock -1:-1 --no-sao

If you can go slow preset it is like this.
--crf 17 --preset slow --level-idc 5.1 --output-depth 10 --aq-mode 4 --aq-motion --master-display "G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635,16450)L(x,x)" --colorprim bt2020 --colormatrix bt2020nc --transfer smpte2084 --range limited --max-cll "x,x" --hdr --hdr-opt --repeat-headers --hrd --aud --deblock -1:-1 --no-sao

It gives me very good rezults and small files.
For heavy grainy movies like midway 2019 filesize with above settings is very big almost the same as tune grain. So in movies like that it is better to use tune grain if you want quality. Or some other settings mybe some grain remove filter to get better compression and smaller file.
wow, crf 17 is huge. What sizes, what bitrate do you get with crf17?
Old 3rd March 2020, 04:31   #1417  |  Link
Atlantis

AviSynth+ 3.5.0 released.

AviSynth+ 3.5.0

AviSynthPlus_3.5.0_20200302.exe
7.94 MB
AviSynthPlus_3.5.0_20200302_vcredist.exe
26.9 MB

@qyot27 qyot27 released this 1 hour ago

New:
New: Native Linux, macOS, and BSD support.
New function:
bool IsVersionOrGreater(int majorVersion, int minorVersion [,int bugfixVersion]) function
Returns true if the current version is equal or greater than the required one in the parameters.
The function is checking the current version against the given parameters (similar to a Windows API function)
e.g. IsVersionOrGreater(3, 4) or IsVersionOrGreater(3, 5, 8)
New: "Expr" helpers:
Constants "yrange_min", "yrange_half", "yrange_max"
Unlike the luma/chroma plane adaptive "range_min", "range_half", "range_max" these constants always report the luma (Y) values
new parameter: bool clamp_float_UV (default false)
this parameter affects clamping of chroma planes: chroma is clamped between 0..1.0 instead of -0.5..0.5s
"clamp_float" is not ignored (and set to true) when parameter "scale_inputs" auto-scales 32 bit float type pixels
New "yscalef" and "yscaleb" keywords similar to "scalef" and "scaleb" but scaling is forced to use rules for Y (non-UV) planes
new allowed value "floatUV" for scale_inputs.
In short: chroma pre-shift by 0.5 for 32 bit float pixels
Affects the chroma plane expressions of 32 bit float formats.
Shifts the input up by 0.5 before processing it in the expression, thus values from -0.5..0.5 (zero centered) range are converted to the 0..1 (0.5 centered) one.
Since the expression result internally has 0..1.0 range, this then is shifted back to the original -0.5..0.5 range. (since 2.2.20)
Note: predefined constants such as cmin, cmax, range_min, range_max and range_half will be shifted as well, e.g. the expression will see range_half = 0.5
These modifications are similar to Masktools2 2.2.20+
New: AddBorders, LetterBox: new color_yuv parameter like in BlankClip

Last edited by Atlantis; 3rd March 2020 at 04:34.
Old 3rd March 2020, 04:49   #1418  |  Link
Atlantis

Now they have 2 exe of AviSynth+ 3.5.0. You can include the verison without vcredist. It is only 7.94 MB.
Old 3rd March 2020, 08:36   #1419  |  Link
Patman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Now they have 2 exe of AviSynth+ 3.5.0. You can include the verison without vcredist. It is only 7.94 MB.
Thank you for the info so AviSynth+ doesn't have to be recompiled.
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:00   #1420  |  Link
stax76

That's a welcome improvement, people can probably accept that the package grows 8 MB, there is still room for improvement though as it combines 32 and 64 bit.

People need to understand that vapoursynth does things very often much better than avisynth. The vapoursynth author has implemented my request to provide separate downloads for 32 and 64 bit and his setup script can download VC redist which reduces server costs and is more user-friendly for people that don't know what VC redist is.
Closed Thread

Tags
aac, hdr, hevc, nvenc, staxrip, x264, x265