Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 17th February 2011, 04:18   #11281  |  Link
dfsooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
If you like CRF, just set / lower the custom output size by 500MB to 750MB, you will not notice any change in quality.
I only chose 1-pass CRF because of JDobbs note in changes.txt when he added the High-Speed Option [BD-25] setting.

Quote:
Added a "HIGH-SPEED" option to the "SETTINGS/ENCODER
SETTINGS" menu. It is visible/recommended for BD-25
encoding only. The quality on BD-5/9 will suffer
greatly if this option is used (via hidden setting).
When used with one-pass CRF mode on BD-25 it can
result in a very fast yet excellent quality backup
of most discs.

Last edited by dfsooner; 17th February 2011 at 04:20.
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 08:11   #11282  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
My plan is to never make anyone have to "buy" it. I would like to keep BD Rebuilder going based on voluntary donations. The only way that would change is if the donations stopped or got too small to make it worth my time. Frankly the donations have never been very much -- but I'd have to draw the line at nothing. So I recommend you donate now. All donations are logged, and donators will receive free updates for the life fo the product no matter what happens.

The expiration date will stay until I decide to pull the software out of beta status. The purpose of the expiration is to save me (and all the others who help on this thread) the trouble of having to respond to trouble reports on bugs that have already been fixed. I also don't like old versions with known bugs (that have been fixed) floating around forever.

You'll see the expiration date go away with v1.00.
you are right and i got it jdobbs,
donation done. thx again for your work!
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 11:37   #11283  |  Link
Smoker25

BD Rebuilder n00b here and I have a couple of questions.

1. Should I set FFDSHOW-MPEG 2 to libavcodec or libmpeg2?

2. Since I'm using the BD25 output and I don't want to mess with the HD audio in any way, is it necessary to check these audio encoding options - Do not convert DTS to AC3, do not reencode AC3 & keep HD audio for BD 25 encoding or should I leave them unchecked?

Thanks!
Smoker25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 15:44   #11284  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsooner View Post
Tried to speed up creation of bd-25 sized rebuilds by using these settings, but final result was 29.4 GB which is unusable for burning to single layer disc. Source was AnyDVD rip of Chuck Season 2, Disc 2 (37.8 GB).

Log:

Any suggestions?
Yes, don't use CRF or set the target smaller. CRF is inherently inaccurate in sizing.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:47   #11285  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker25 View Post
BD Rebuilder n00b here and I have a couple of questions.

1. Should I set FFDSHOW-MPEG2 to libavcodec or libmpeg2?

2. Since I'm using the BD25 output and I don't want to mess with the HD audio in any way, is it necessary to check these audio decoding options - do not convert DTS to AC3, do not reencode AC3 & keep HD audio for BD25 encoding or should I leave them unchecked?

Thanks!
Either is fine. Frankly, I can't tell the difference between them (speed or quality)>
Old 17th February 2011, 22:37   #11286  |  Link
big_moviefreak

Still no Luck with this Movie LET_ME_IN..

Here are my logs:
[19:52:49] BD Rebuilder v0.37.04 (beta)
- Source: LET_ME_IN
- Input BD size: 28.86 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:55:47.940]
- Target BD size: 22.95 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Quality: High Quality (Default), ABR
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[19:52:51] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:52:51] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
- [20:55:34] Reencoding: VID_00001 (1 of 1)
- [20:55:34] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 166,584 frames
- Bitrate: 20,937 Kbs
- [20:55:34] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 1
- [09:28:42] Video Encode complete
- [09:28:42] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [09:28:42] Multiplexing M2TS
[10:08:20]PHASE ONE complete
[10:08:20]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [10:08:20] Rebuilding BD file Structure
- Failed in attempt to multiplex: MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.meta
-
[10:25:27] - Failed to REBUILD
big_moviefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 00:53   #11287  |  Link
Capsbackup

@big_moviefreak;
To confirm tsMuxeR is the culprit here, could you load the VID_00001.AVS.264, 00001.track_4352.ac3 ( or .thd ), and 00001.track_4608.sup, found in the Workfiles folder, into tsMuxeR GUI, select Blu-ray as your output and try a mux that way. Does that work?
If not, try removing the subtitle track and run it again.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 16:59   #11288  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsooner View Post
I only chose 1-pass CRF because of JDobbs note in changes.txt when he added the High-Speed Option [BD-25] setting.
You're better off with two pass encoding when size accuracy is an issue.

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th February 2011 at 17:02.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 19:24   #11289  |  Link
larrsz
Bitter Old Geek

Failed attempt at Alternate Setting on BDRB Movie

OK, I may have been the culprit myself in that this is a bit off the wall, but I was attempting to take a BD-9 created by BD-RB and converting that with BD RB to DVD5 so it would play in my car for an upcoming trip. It is apparently not movie specific, because after the error, I tired several BD-RB BD-9s with the exact same result- extracts the first stream and reports failure. Not sure if it is really a bug, since it it works if I go back to the original BD (doing it right now) to make the DVD5. I can post more info if anyone is interested, but as I said, it may be a known limitation.

Last edited by larrsz; 18th February 2011 at 19:28.
larrsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 19:38   #11290  |  Link
setarip_old

@larrsz

Hi!

I'd speculate that the problem your having is due to the fact that the differing versions of BD-RB you're using use different/incompatible versions of supporting tools (e.g. x264).

BTW - Are you certain that your auto's playback system won't play BD9s?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 20:25   #11291  |  Link
larrsz
Bitter Old Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@larrsz

Hi!

I'd speculate that the problem your having is due to the fact that the differing versions of BD-RB you're using use different/incompatible versions of supporting tools (e.g. x264).

BTW - Are you certain that your auto's playback system won't play BD9s?
I gues I don't understand. Once I have made a BD-9 with BDRebuilder, why would that version matter if opening the file in another version- would it not see it as a Blu Ray Disc?

And, I am sure my vehicle only has an old fashioned DVD player.
Old 18th February 2011, 23:36   #11292  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrsz View Post
OK, I may have been the culprit myself in that this is a bit off the wall, but I was attempting to take a BD-9 created by BD-RB and converting that with BD RB to DVD5 so it would play in my car for an upcoming trip. It is apparently not movie specific, because after the error, I tired several BD-RB BD-9s with the exact same result- extracts the first stream and reports failure. Not sure if it is really a bug, since it it works if I go back to the original BD (doing it right now) to make the DVD5. I can post more info if anyone is interested, but as I said, it may be a known limitation.
I suspect it is because the unreferenced (removed) audio tracks listed in the MPLS point to the same PID. I'll run a couple of tests and see what happens -- it should be easy enough to fix.

Was the BD-9 a full backup or a movie-only backup?

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th February 2011 at 23:42.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 23:45   #11293  |  Link
larrsz
Bitter Old Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I suspect it is because the unreferenced (removed) audio tracks listed in the MPLS point to the same PID. I'll run a couple of tests and see what happens -- it should be easy enough to fix.

Was the BD-9 a full backup or a movie-only backup?
Movie Only.
Old 18th February 2011, 23:47   #11294  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Movie Only.
I'm running one now. I'll let you know what I find.
Old 18th February 2011, 23:51   #11295  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Ok, I'm confused. The one I'm testing is in the middle of encoding now... no problems.

Can you post your INI file so I can use the exact same settings as you?
Old 19th February 2011, 00:04   #11296  |  Link
rccland

JDOBBS, first just wanted to thank you for creating such a versatile tool like BD-Rebuilder. I have been using it for over a year now and it amazes me everytime how good the output quality of the video and audio is. I would appreciate it if you could answer my 2 questions:
I only create BD-25 backups and recently with the newer release of BD-Rebuilder 0.37.04 I see that there are 2 new settings that I am not used to seeing:
1. "Use DECOMB filter on interlaced source" ---->I am familiar with de-interlacing but my question is; Do I need to enable this option if I am only doing BD-50 to BD-25 backups. I figured the movies are progressive (1080p) so I wouldnt need this optional enabled.
2. "Use X264's internal LAVF for decoding" ----->I see that in 0.37.04 this optional is turned ON by default. I just dont know what are the benefits and drawbacks of using this option. For me it was disabled in the past when doing BD-50 to BD-25 backups. Do you recommend turning this ON or OFF for BD-25 backups?
thanks in advance for you time.
rccland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 01:44   #11297  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccland View Post
JDOBBS, first just wanted to thank you for creating such a versatile tool like BD-Rebuilder. I have been using it for over a year now and it amazes me everytime how good the output quality of the video and audio is. I would appreciate it if you could answer my 2 questions:
I only create BD-25 backups and recently with the newer release of BD-Rebuilder 0.37.04 I see that there are 2 new settings that I am not used to seeing:
1. "Use DECOMB filter on interlaced source" ---->I am familiar with de-interlacing but my question is; Do I need to enable this option if I am only doing BD-50 to BD-25 backups. I figured the movies are progressive (1080p) so I wouldnt need this optional enabled.
2. "Use X264's internal LAVF for decoding" ----->I see that in 0.37.04 this optional is turned ON by default. I just dont know what are the benefits and drawbacks of using this option. For me it was disabled in the past when doing BD-50 to BD-25 backups. Do you recommend turning this ON or OFF for BD-25 backups?
thanks in advance for you time.
1. It's better to just turn this one on and leave it.

2. Actually LAVF should be off by default. I'd recommend to do a test and compare the speed. The quality will be the same -- and on some systems LAVF is faster -- but contrary to what I'd originally thought, it can also be slower on some (that's why I changed it back to "off" as the default.
Old 19th February 2011, 01:58   #11298  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs
Quote:
Ok, I'm confused. The one I'm testing is in the middle of encoding now... no problems.

Can you post your INI file so I can use the exact same settings as you?
It finished successfully. I'm not sure what else I can do unless you can somehow give me some information that can help me repeat it.
Old 19th February 2011, 03:43   #11299  |  Link
j_m_min

OK guys, third time didn't work.

I reinstalled all the files from the first page of this thread as it says in the instructions. Been a few days because I didn't have a bluray to burn. Got Inglorious Bastards in from Netflix. Put Inglorious Bastards in, DID NOTHING WITH THE SETTINGS AT ALL, and hit back up "full backup" to bd 25 size disc.

Hit backup and twice this happened:

[19:41:09] BD Rebuilder v0.37.05 (beta)
- Source: ING_BASTERDS
- Input BD size: 44.52 GB
- Approximate total content: [04:15:55.430]
- Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
- Auto Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[19:41:11] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:41:11] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00151]
- [19:41:15] DoEncoding() 00006 1607
[19:41:57] - Failed to complete.

So I switched the setting to Movie Only backup. it says current progress 19% and then I get the error " Pes packet len too large ( >100Mb). Bad stream or invalid codec speciffed." See below:
-----------------------
[19:42:27] BD Rebuilder v0.37.05 (beta)
- Source: ING_BASTERDS
- Input BD size: 34.86 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:32:59.628]
- Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Auto Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[19:42:29] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:42:29] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00010]
- [20:56:54] Reencoding: VID_00010 (1 of 1)
- [20:56:54] Collecting video information
- [20:56:54] Keeping original video (no reencode)
- [20:56:54] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [20:56:56] Multiplexing M2TS
- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00010.meta
- Pes packet len too large ( >100Mb). Bad stream or invalid codec speciffed.
[20:56:59] - Failed to build structure, aborted

I use windows XP, I have a LG burner and am using Verbatim 25 gb BD-R discs.

I have gotten this error now with Eat Pray Love, Avatar, Dinner for Schmucks and Machete. Always the same error. I am only installing the programs and then trying this. Not checking or unchecking any boxes. I also don't know what to pick when AnyDVD HD asks me what region (no region, region a, B or C).

There must be a reason I keep getting the same 'pes packet len too large' error.

HELP!
j_m_min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 18:12   #11300  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_m_min View Post
Got Inglorious Bastards in from Netflix.
You may not get much assistance from this source!
It is always a good idea to post your inspect log, since many people report they installed the programs from page one, but still had incorrect settings.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote