Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 7th March 2019, 00:30   #461  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi Wakaku

I had a bit time and looked into the Emoji topic, where I found a bug, reported it to Mosu on GitLab and he fixed it.
Can you try this test version of MTX and send me new samples, because all older Emoji.mkv's are (maybe) invalid.

Could you also include a Tags.xml before you save it into the mkv?

Last edited by hubblec4; 7th March 2019 at 00:37.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 18:24   #462  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Save file as

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
I had a bit time and looked into the Emoji topic, where I found a bug, reported it to Mosu on GitLab and he fixed it. Can you try this test version of MTX and send me new samples, because all older Emoji.mkv's are (maybe) invalid.

Could you also include a Tags.xml before you save it into the mkv?
Wow! Downloaded now. Will do.

UPDATE:
DOWNLOAD: my-7Z-02.7z

I forgot to write in my text file in the 7Z archive, that the result MKV is playable with no problems in: MPC-HC, MPC-BE, VLC, PotPLayer, KMPlayer.

You're twice a hero now, Mr. Hubble.

Last edited by Wakaku; 7th March 2019 at 22:11.
Wakaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 22:30   #463  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Thanks for the new sample files.
Mosu is the hero, he fixed this issue in less a day.

I see that the Emoji's are not correct displayed in cE, but I can't reproduce your issue with the "Save as" button.
The save dialog is opened and then I select an existing mkv file, no errors while saving.
Old 8th March 2019, 06:18   #464  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Quote:
Thanks for the new sample files.
Mosu is the hero, he fixed this issue in less a day.

I see that the Emoji's are not correct displayed in cE, but I can't reproduce your issue with the "Save as" button.
The save dialog is opened and then I select an existing mkv file, no errors while saving.
You both are. I re-tested, no errors this time. I might have overlooked something then, pehaps the path. Anyway, all is good:
  • Again, cE can open the emoji-filenamed MKV, edit, and save it as ease (simple overwrite).
  • cE can SAVE AS that emoji-filenamed MKV into a new simple/regular alpha-numeric file name.
  • cE can SAVE AS that emoji-filenamed MKV into a new unicode file name (eg. CJK, Heb, Ara, Tha).
  • cE can SAVE AS that emoji-filenamed MKV into another emoji file name.
Seems like cE is already emoji-friendly from way back. Wow! Thank you kind sir. You made it possible for the Matroska devs (great people btw) to consider and implement official Matroska lossless rotation, and now it's emoji compatibility. I'll go to MTX's thread and thank him as well.

QUESTION:
Does Lazarus support multi-line input boxes? For example: song lyrics, multi-lined or multi-paragraphed comments.

Last edited by Wakaku; 8th March 2019 at 10:31.
Old 8th March 2019, 13:47   #465  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Nice to read that everything works. But displaying emoji's in cE is not working and maybe I can't fix it, because a Lazarus component has this issue.

Multi-line component:
I don't know, I will check this. A normal edit field is for one line and the ENTER value can't be entered in such component.
I think in Matroska exists also no multi-line support.

But I know what you mean. A TagString value can be longer then the edit field and my intention is to add a Memo component for display.
Old 9th March 2019, 20:37   #466  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Quote:
Nice to read that everything works. But displaying emoji's in cE is not working and maybe I can't fix it, because a Lazarus component has this issue.
No prob. I'm alright with the display of empty boxes / empty squares, as long as the emojis inside are not lost when remuxed by MTX or saved by cE, somewhat like for some unicode characters where Explorer displays them as such if the appropriate fonts are not installed. And my main goal for injecting metadata is preservation of metadata itself after all. For example, I want to save and preserve whatever title or comment (be it unicode or emojis) an Uploader placed in his uploaded video's page in YouTube.

Even Window 7's Explorer displays the emojis as empty boxes / empty squares. But before the fix, they were displayed as "black diamonds with white question marks" in Explorer, or lost if remuxed by MTX or saved by cE back then. I guess MediaInfo's HTML view so far is the only app to view or verify the emojis after getting tagged into an MKV/MKA.

Quote:
I don't know, I will check this. A normal edit field is for one line and the ENTER value can't be entered in such component. I think in Matroska exists also no multi-line support. But I know what you mean. A TagString value can be longer then the edit field and my intention is to add a Memo component for display.
No prob again. Honestly though, I was hoping Lazarus has pre-made multi-line input boxes. I can still input muti-line song lyrics / paragraphs / comments via Mp3tag. After a particular version, Mp3tag has then the ability to allow the User to customize all its input boxes, like if he wants singe lines or multi-lines. When viewed by MediaInfo's HTML View, the line breaks (I think called CR LF?) are represented by a slash ( / ). When I extracted the XML tag, the text was simply... it has a line break where it looks like the Enter key was pressed by a person, instead of a single line. When remuxed by MTX (even before the emoji fix), the multi-lined tags are retained. So... I'm good with the current cE, no need to implement it then.

Last edited by Wakaku; 9th March 2019 at 21:12.
Old 10th March 2019, 01:52   #467  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

I asked in the Lazarus forum about Emoji's and a user answered it works for him out of the box, but on Linux.
Your sample files not all Emoji's are correct shown in MTX but in the test tool. But it is for me OK so far.
Old 12th March 2019, 01:46   #468  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

new test rev of cE

Hi Wakaku

Next point from your wish list is the second: Open With.
I have installed a GUI cli feature and now it is possible to read params which is send by using "Open With".
When you now open a file(with Open With), the last editor is loaded and the file also.

The first param is the input-param and can be a file(I plan to support files) or a folder.

Furthermore you can add two more switches.
The second switch is for loading(I plan more options later):
Code:
-l (small L)
The third switch is for the editor which have to be used at start of cE.
Code:
ceMatroska // Matroska Chapters
ceOGG // OGG/OGM Chapters
ceAVCHD // multiAVCHD Chapters
ceConverter // Converter
ceMTTags // Matroska Tools Tags
Examples:
Code:
chapterEditor.exe "Path\to\your.file" -l ceMTTags

chapterEditor.exe "Path\to\your_folder" -l ceMatroska
It is very experimental and maybe I will change something later, but for testing it will work(I hope).
I'm interested in what you can do with this params to open your files.

Hi Dimsok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsok View Post
And about searching in db. Is it autosearch anything what i put in "title" input? I try to type title and it hang for some time (for multiple search as i guess). Can you make, that i just type full title then press "enter" for example to search it?
I have insert a checkbox "Search immediately": Disabled: The title search only starts when confirming with the enter key.

From rev1.13 I use a newer Lazarus build which breaks the LoadLastEditor function, it would be nice if you both could check this.
Simple close cE for each editor and reopen cE.

Here is a new test rev of cE.
Old 20th March 2019, 12:32   #469  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Just downloaded now. Will update this post as usual.
UPDATE: Check VH.

Last edited by Wakaku; 22nd March 2019 at 02:49.
Old Yesterday, 18:30   #470  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaku View Post
A. For screenshot #1: Open With method
If you are indeed planning to expand the param feature, then I guess
this is the Registry location for it?

ISSUE/BUG?
After opening an MKV using this method, cE rev1.15 Test1's taskbar in Windows Explorer... the typical last entry called "Close window" does not appear, or sometimes (or most of the times) the right-click popup for cE's taskbar does not appear at all. See screenshot #3.
Open With works fine for me(Win7 64bit Classic View) and I have test it in a VM Win7 64bit Standard Theme. There is always the "Close window" entry available and two others more.

No I don't plan to expand the param's for the registry. The load(-l) switch is for loading and expanding means options for a cE task like change FPS (switch: -f) or download chapters from the database.

Quote:
B. For screenshot #2: HKCR "Shell" method?
Yes, I know this method and 7zip's view is the best :-). A main entry with sub-options.
Indeed it should not so complicated to generate a Windows reg file(I don't know how it works for Linux) but for now I don't want integrate it in cE, but I will think about it.

Quote:
C. What about SendTo?
a. Shortcut (*.lnk) sub-method
I can do this by simply creating a shortcut (*.lnk) for cE's EXE. Then
placing that shortcut into Explorer's SendTo folder. So far I don't
know how to use the particualr params to force open cE at a particular
tab. I tried:

path to exe only, eg:
D:\MyFolder\software\aud-vid\mod\chapEdit\chapterEditor.exe

b. BATCH file sub-method

I found the issue. SendTo insert the path-param at the end of the param list.
This means the first param is "-l" or the var"1%" and this breaks cE. cE needs the input on first position.
SendTo works without params only and then is the last used editor loaded but only for Chapters and Tags.
(I have expand the loading of the last used editor in the next test rev.)

For the moment I have not tested on Linux, but I have to options for Windows:
a) I write a workaround for SendTo
b) I change the CLI and the last param must be the input(file/files(also working in new test rev)/folder).

And this is also the reason why point b.) is not working.

Tags
bluray backup, chapter editor, dvd2mkv, matroska menu, metadata, multi-edition-mkv, xml tag