Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 29th August 2010, 17:15   #9341  |  Link
stonej01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestarCVO View Post
Like Lowdead said, you need a BD-RE. If you don't have one, you should REALLY invest in one if you plan on doing a lot of re-encodes. I burn all mine to BD-RE first to test them out before finally burning to BD-25 for the permanent backup.
I had considered that as well, but i got a tons of space on my system and burning the discs to an ISO with Imgburn and mounting had worked so far for me. Usually when i got an error and burned the disc to test, the error stayed. So i trusted the results i received from the ISO. I'll definitely have to invest in some RE's

@Capsbackup
All Discs Are region "A"

I'm starting to believe Seta_Rip is right. I pretty much thought he was when he posted. I might need to re-rip the disc. Maybe some of the copy protection was missed and corrupted a tiny bit of audio even though the disc still ripped. I dunno, once i get my hands back on the original i'll post again after i rip with the new versions of DVDFab and anydvd.

Since bolot i have Shrunk
Terminator Salvation
Percy jackson
Star Trek 2009
GI Joe rise of the cobra
all without issue.

I had one issue with The Dark knight, video seems a little choppy and slow for about 45 minutes of the movie. might also need to re-rip.

Last edited by stonej01; 29th August 2010 at 17:26.
stonej01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 17:20   #9342  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonej01 View Post
I had considered that as well, but i got a tons of space on my system and burning the discs to an ISO with Imgburn and mounting had worked so far for me. Usually when i got an error and burned the disc to test, the error stayed. So i trusted the results i received from the ISO.
That's not the point... the truth is that I don't trust them for bug reports, and I don't like spending time chasing problems that are the fault of buggy software players. I've done it too many times in the past and it far-too-often ends up being the player.

Last edited by jdobbs; 29th August 2010 at 17:22.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 17:29   #9343  |  Link
stonej01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That's not the point... the truth is that I don't trust them for bug reports, and I don't like spending time chasing problems that are the fault of buggy software players. I've done it too many times in the past and it far-too-often ends up being the player.
Understandable, since you do spend a lot of time working on this. i will most definitely drop a couple bucks on the RE's from now on. I ran into a similar issue with Iron Man a while back, subtitles were all screwy, once i burned to disc and played in the PS3 everything was golden.
stonej01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 17:29   #9344  |  Link
werd84

the monsters inc was a us relase disc. i think thats region A?

@setarip_old
i can give it a try on my other stand alone player when i have a chance, but i dont think thats gonna make a difference as theres only one audion track on the back up. also tried to switch to another track while playing on ps3 but it kept playing only the one track that was there. the ps3 is running the latest firmware.
werd84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 17:41   #9345  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonej01 View Post
I might need to re-rip the disc. Maybe some of the copy protection was missed and corrupted a tiny bit of audio even though the disc still ripped. I dunno, once i get my hands back on the original i'll post again after i rip with the new versions of DVDFab and anydvd.
I had one issue with The Dark knight, video seems a little choppy and slow for about 45 minutes of the movie. might also need to re-rip.
I have never had a single bad rip with Anydvd HD, and have done approx. 250.
I tried DVDFab on Avatar when it was first released, and Anydvd HD could not rip it yet and DVDFab claimed it could rip it, and that was the only backup that did not work properly for me!
So I am not a big believer in DVDFab for being a good ripper.
Anydvd HD was well worth its cost, saved me lots of headaches and time.
Also, it is probably why I have very few bug reports for BD-RB as well!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 19:07   #9346  |  Link
videoadvocate

It would appear that there is nothing anyone can suggest on this TOS season 3 issue. I'm still stuck! MB2 solved the problem by reverting to V31.06. I would REALLY appreciate it if someone would forward me this older version of BDR! It's the only way I can rebuild these remaining season3 disks. The log and ini files were attached to the message sent on 16th August 2010, #9249

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
jdobbs, the star trek season 3 disc 2 finished ok on 31.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoadvocate View Post
I tried to do a full backup of Star Trek TOS season 3 disk 1 using BDR v3407 and have a really strange result. When I play the recorded disk on my Panasonic BD60, the disk fails when I select an episode from the TOP or POPUP menus. The machine tries to play something, then returns to the same menu. However, strangely enough, when I use a software player (PowerDVD10), everything seems to work fine. Any ideas? The log and ini files are attached. Thanks so much for the assistance and your generosity.
videoadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 22:42   #9347  |  Link
dragonknight

Bd-rb 0.34.07

i'm using the current version of BD-RB 0.34.07 and i keep getting x264.exe stopped working. i'm on windows 7 pro 64bit. how do i fix this?
dragonknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 22:47   #9348  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonknight View Post
i'm using the current version of BD-RB 0.34.07 and i keep getting x264.exe stopped working. i'm on windows 7 pro 64bit. how do i fix this?
Post your log, inspect and ini file. What movie is it, what did you use to rip it, full backup or movie only, etc...?
Old 29th August 2010, 23:18   #9349  |  Link
ChldsPlay

I'm having an issue with the Fight Club Blu-ray. When I open BDRB I get an error: "2603[17:14:08] Scan Directory() 00052 2603".

This is after using AnyDVDHD, and mounting the iso on a clone drive. Also, there are a few files inside the .iso that I am unable to copy to folders on my HD (I was going to try and shrink the main movie individually and then plug in the new info, but I am unable to do this either since I can't get all the remaining files to folders). The ISO works fine on powerdvd, but if I make an image without the files I can't copy then it doesn't work, so they appear to have some importance.

Any ideas? Did I get a bad ISO? Or am I stuck with a movie only BD-R?
ChldsPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 23:39   #9350  |  Link
dragonknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Post your log, inspect and ini file. What movie is it, what did you use to rip it, full backup or movie only, etc...?
The was TOY_STORY_2_USA and i used anydvdhd 6.6.8.0 to rip it. it was full backup to BD-9.

- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.34.0.7, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

also i don't have a ini file because i just did a clean install of BD-RD and the other need files to run the program. my BD-RD has been looking strange lately even if i uninstall it and reinstall it. it stills looks this:

Old 30th August 2010, 00:47   #9351  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoadvocate View Post
It would appear that there is nothing anyone can suggest on this TOS season 3 issue. I'm still stuck! MB2 solved the problem by reverting to V31.06. I would REALLY appreciate it if someone would forward me this older version of BDR! It's the only way I can rebuild these remaining season3 disks. The log and ini files were attached to the message sent on 16th August 2010, #9249
That was fixed as originally reported, and I did the disc in testing (although if I recall correctly I think it was S3D2). Are you saying you're still having issues of some kind?
Old 30th August 2010, 00:50   #9352  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The was TOY_STORY_2_USA and i used anydvdhd 6.6.8.0 to rip it. it was full backup to BD-9.

- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.34.0.7, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

also i don't have a ini file because i just did a clean install of BD-RD and the other need files to run the program. my BD-RD has been looking strange lately even if i uninstall it and reinstall it. it stills looks this:

If there is no INI it will be created the first time BD-RB is run.
Old 30th August 2010, 01:09   #9353  |  Link
dragonknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If there is no INI it will be created the first time BD-RB is run.
ok well here it's also can you give any input as to why my BD-RB looks the way it does.

- [18:09:34] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00458]
- [18:09:36] Reencoding: VID_00458 (48 of 132)
- [18:09:36] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-2, 720x480
- Rate/Length: 29.970fps, 2,948 frames
- [18:09:36] Reencoding: VID_00458, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Retrying.
Old 30th August 2010, 01:59   #9354  |  Link
setarip_old

@ChldsPlay

Hi!
Quote:
Any ideas? Did I get a bad ISO?
There's no NEED to create an .ISO image file. Just rip the full disc to your hard drive...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 02:03   #9355  |  Link
setarip_old

@videoadvocate

Hi!
Quote:
I would REALLY appreciate it if someone would forward me this older version of BDR! It's the only way I can rebuild these remaining season3 disks.
If you read through this "Bug Report Only" thread, you'll find several posts by "jdobbs" (as well as several caring members) stating that rolling back to older versions of BD-RB in no way helps to further the development of the program...
Old 30th August 2010, 02:38   #9356  |  Link
ChldsPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@ChldsPlay

Hi!There's no NEED to create an .ISO image file. Just rip the full disc to your hard drive...
I can't, I get an error with AnyDVD, so that should tell me it's probably not the ISO.
ChldsPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 03:14   #9357  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I can't, I get an error with AnyDVD, so that should tell me it's probably not the ISO.
There should be no reason that you can't rip the disk with the " Rip Video DVD to Harddisk..." option. If you can "Rip to Image", you can just select the option just above that in Anydvd HD.
Then once you have this new rip to folders, you can delete all but the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders.
Old 30th August 2010, 03:18   #9358  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
ok well here it's also can you give any input as to why my BD-RB looks the way it does.

- [18:09:34] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00458]
- [18:09:36] Reencoding: VID_00458 (48 of 132)
- [18:09:36] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-2, 720x480
- Rate/Length: 29.970fps, 2,948 frames
- [18:09:36] Reencoding: VID_00458, Pass 1 of 1
Why don't you post the full log message?
Can you play the 00458.m2ts with Media Player Classic?
Can you play the VID_00458.avs with MPC? If not, what does the error message say in MPC?
Old 30th August 2010, 03:27   #9359  |  Link
setarip_old

@ChldsPlay
Quote:
Sounds like a mildly physically damaged disc. In the "BDMV" folder, check to make certain that all files and folders that are supposed to be are properly duplicated in the "BACKUP" folder. If any "originals" or "backups" are missing or damaged, see if you can copy from one to the other (Copy a good "original" file to the "Backup" folder or vice-versa). Look for the same situation in the "CERTIFICATE" folder and its "Backup" folder.

(I don't understand how you were able to create an .ISO)

Last edited by setarip_old; 30th August 2010 at 06:48.
Old 30th August 2010, 06:02   #9360  |  Link
dragonknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Why don't you post the full log message?
Can you play the 00458.m2ts with Media Player Classic?
Can you play the VID_00458.avs with MPC? If not, what does the error message say in MPC?
when i tried to post the full log it said that i had to many words or something along those lines and wouldn't let me posted. so that why i only posted that part of the log.

Thanks for your help but i go it working by uninstalling everything and reinstalling it. i guess its true what they say the third time is the charm. there is one thats still not and thats the look of my BD-RD. it still looks like this