Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd August 2016, 20:32   #1  |  Link
DenKudo

IVTC Problem

Hello!

I'm trying to backup - encode some of my anime and I'm having difficulties with IVTC processing. It's a hybrid anime with OP and ED progressive 29.97 and everything else is hard telecined with some postprocessing effects. I decided to encode OP and ED separately, so that's not a huge problem. I'm just having difficulties with IVTC. I've tried many scripts, but none of them work smoothly - there is some "shimmering" motion on panning and the annoying "mouth flaps". Here is a sample clip of the footage: https://mega.nz/#!TZl3gSTY!Lqf-VVor6...kYdR0y5-j8NSBQ

I've used TFM().Tdecimate() but there are still a lot of interlaced frames left, which is especially annoying on panning. I've fiddled with the settings but to no avail. I've even tried Anime IVTC but got nowhere. YATTA is very time consuming so I would rather use a script.

Interesting thing is that VLC player plays the file just fine with no noticable artifacts (with internal IVTC), so i'm curious about the algorithm used in VLC.

Well, if you have any suggestions I would be happy and grateful to hear them
DenKudo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, avs script, ivtc