Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th September 2009, 22:32   #5421  |  Link
samtroy

jdobbs, sorry for asking again but you never answered on that:

Is BD Rebuilder using the "-pad 0" parameter when reencoding audio with Aften? From what I've read, this setting should prevent a ~10ms delay on the reencoded audio.

Or is this negligible maybe?

Last edited by samtroy; 30th September 2009 at 23:07.
samtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 22:44   #5422  |  Link
drmih

@jdobbs
It has been said that the issue with the DTS-Express is that there isn't a freeware muxer. However, I've just been playing with eac3to with hd-dvd/blu-ray Stream Extractor as a GUI, and that is capable of writing out a dts-express track in a variety of formats - so far I've tried both ac3 and wav and the audio files created play fine. Isn't it possible to extract the 2nd audio and then remux it as an ac3 or can't the flag type be changed? Sorry for hassling you about this but I'm trying to see the flaw in this.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 23:55   #5423  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
@jdobbs
It has been said that the issue with the DTS-Express is that there isn't a freeware muxer. However, I've just been playing with eac3to with hd-dvd/blu-ray Stream Extractor as a GUI, and that is capable of writing out a dts-express track in a variety of formats - so far I've tried both ac3 and wav and the audio files created play fine. Isn't it possible to extract the 2nd audio and then remux it as an ac3 or can't the flag type be changed? Sorry for hassling you about this but I'm trying to see the flaw in this.
This could be a very cool find drmih!!
I am testing a demux now, and will confirm my findings as well. Hopefully, if this works, it will allow jdobbs to have full PiP functionality regardless of audio type.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 23:55   #5424  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongariro View Post
I have a problem with Pic In Pic.

I was doing LABYRINTH that has Pic-In-Pic.
As you can see the 2nd audio isn't been selected even if i choose all languages.

The result is that i can see the PIP but i no pip sound just the original.

I got the same result in the HULK.
Am i doing something wrong or missing something?
I am attaching the ini file as well.

Thanks

By the way, Great S/W .

Unfortunately there is no way right now to demux DTS-Express, which is what is used for DTS secondary audio. TSMUXER rejects it.
Old 30th September 2009, 23:58   #5425  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtroy View Post
jdobbs, sorry for asking again but you never answered on that:

Is BD Rebuilder using the "-pad 0" parameter when reencoding audio with Aften? From what I've read, this setting should prevent a ~10ms delay on the reencoded audio.

Or is this negligible maybe?
Definitely negligible. 10ms is much too small to be in need of correction.
Old 1st October 2009, 00:01   #5426  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
This could be a very cool find drmih!!
I am testing a demux now, and will confirm my findings as well. Hopefully, if this works, it will allow jdobbs to have full PiP functionality regardless of audio type.
Standard AC3 or WAV can't be used for secondary audio. Only Dolby Digital Plus or DTS Express are accepted. I'm not sure if there is a freeware AC3 Plus encoder out there...

Last edited by jdobbs; 1st October 2009 at 13:43.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 00:04   #5427  |  Link
drmih

duplicate posting

Last edited by drmih; 1st October 2009 at 00:11.
Old 1st October 2009, 00:04   #5428  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Standard AC3 or WAV can't be used for secondary audio. Only Dolby Digital Plus or DTS Express are accepted. I'm not sure if there is a freeware AC3 Plus encode out there...
Oh well, wishful thinking.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 03:41   #5429  |  Link
nelly09

[22:04:11] BD Rebuilder v0.30.01 (beta)
- Source: LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID
- Input BD size: 20.92 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:43:59.983]
- Target BD size: 22.46 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[22:04:11] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [22:04:11] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00009]
- Error in attempt to extract audio/subs.
- AV frame too large (60005 bytes). Increase AV buffer.
[22:08:48] - Failed to retrieve audio, abort

any help with this? the movie is invincible, tried to do a movie only to bd25, highest quality, didnt change any other settings
nelly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 03:59   #5430  |  Link
tooch22

Standalone player issue

I have an LG Blu-ray standalone player. I have been burning movie only DVD-9's that can play on computers and PS3 for the whole summer but none of them worked on the LG. Until the .30.01 release then the LG could play them, but they ran into an error about 20mins in to 3 different movies compiled under both .30.01 and 30.02 all three movies had the same error. which is that they would freeze. you can't skip over this freeze either its like the whole end of the movie is unreadable to the LG. all three of these movies play perfectly on Computers and PS3. Thanks for the great program and you're hard work.

Dan Donatucci
tooch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 06:34   #5431  |  Link
setarip_old

@tooch22 Hi!
Quote:
all three of these movies play perfectly on Computers and PS3.
If by this you mean that all three burned discs play on computers and your PS3, I'd suggest you try running a DVD/CD cleaning disc on your standalone player...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 10:12   #5432  |  Link
Aratar

Quote:
Standard AC3 or WAV can't be used for secondary audio. Only Dolby Digital Plus or DTS Express are accepted. I'm not sure if there is a freeware AC3 Plus encode out there...
Nope, otherwise I'd have already suggested to reencode to ddp a while ago :/
Aratar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 13:35   #5433  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

I came across the same problem for some reason as Nelly09 and others with the extract audio issue. But I think i know what happened at least in my case. I stopped the encode early to do something else on my PC. When i restarted the encode right away the same M2TS fails with the above error. What seems to happen is that tsmuxer.exe isn't closed properly and holds the file in the system so BD rebuilder can't reopen it again. Just ending the process in task manager then the re-encode was able to continue.

Hope this helps other people.

Last edited by Kakashi Sensei; 1st October 2009 at 14:58. Reason: wrong person quoted
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 17:48   #5434  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Unfortunately there is no way right now to demux DTS-Express, which is what is used for DTS secondary audio. TSMUXER rejects it.
You mean mux, not demux right. EAC3To can demux it.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 17:54   #5435  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Standard AC3 or WAV can't be used for secondary audio. Only Dolby Digital Plus or DTS Express are accepted. I'm not sure if there is a freeware AC3 Plus encoder out there...
The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008 version) uses standard AC3 for the PiP track
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 19:04   #5436  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
You mean mux, not demux right. EAC3To can demux it.
Yeah, but since I use TSMUXER for both it's six of one and a half-dozen of the other.
Old 1st October 2009, 19:09   #5437  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008 version) uses standard AC3 for the PiP track
Then it's out of spec... it has to be DD-Plus or DTS-HD LBR (Express). Are you looking at the original or a backup? It's possible that the backup (since it uses TSMUXER) is DD-Plus but is showing up as AC3 because it isn't using the higher PID that is normally associated with secondary audio.

[Edit] I just looked at my copy of the original -- and there is no secondary audio at all, only secondary video.

Last edited by jdobbs; 1st October 2009 at 19:19.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 19:27   #5438  |  Link
Nav1

I have to wait 5 days before I can post. Hi everyone. Jdobbs first I want to say very nice program. Question for you jdobbs. I am using Bd rebuilder 8 month now. Started using older versions 20.03 and upgrading to newer versions. Some way along versions 20.09 to 24.01 not sure which versions everything started working fine. I have 14 blu ray movies which I rebuild to BD5,than burn with Img and than play on Sony blu ray player. It was superb video quality and sound no distortion at all. And each movie took to rebuild about 7 hours (Movie Only).Since I upgrading to newer versions and now I have 30.02.There is a bug.When it finish rebuild I burn with Img and than play on Sony blu ray player somewhere along the movie the video Freeze and audio is running in the background. Never happen with older versions. Is there a way I can download the older versions to test again. Because when I download the older versions and install on my PC it says "This beta has expired. Please upgrade to a newer versions" Any suggestion Jdobbs. Thanks.

Here’s the list of blu ray movies I rebuild to BD5 (Older Versions)
Valkyrie
Pink Panther
The Code
My Bloody Valentine
Push
Underworld
International
Defiance
Wanted
Friday The 13th
Yesman
The Spirit
Seven Pounds
Body Of Lies
Nav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 19:41   #5439  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Then it's out of spec... it has to be DD-Plus or DTS-HD LBR (Express). Are you looking at the original or a backup? It's possible that the backup (since it uses TSMUXER) is DD-Plus but is showing up as AC3 because it isn't using the higher PID that is normally associated with secondary audio.

[Edit] I just looked at my copy of the original -- and there is no secondary audio at all, only secondary video.
Has it ever been tried as non-conformant? At present you either keep 'silent' PiP or exclude it. I'm guessing that PCs may well handle non-conformant streams and perhaps even some SAPs. I know it's a bit sloppy but a beta which worked on some systems with AC3 as a second audio would surely be preferable to not at all, particularly if there is unlikely to be any movement on a freeware solution in the near future.
Old 1st October 2009, 19:42   #5440  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
A stupid question but does the redone version actually work re: 2nd audio stream as ac3.