Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 23rd February 2012, 20:44   #14621  |  Link
AmigaFuture

My LG player supports SRT in MKV but not SUP. I mostly watch movies with my computer using VLC which does support SUP. I'm glad to know about the next update supporting SUP.

Jdobbs, where you able to "fix" the challenge with Castaway (with Tom Hanks) not Rebuilding?
Old 23rd February 2012, 20:53   #14622  |  Link
colinhunt

All the media players I use for MKV playback support SUP in MKV. I've been waiting for BD-RB to start muxing SUPs in the MKV output.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 20:59   #14623  |  Link
richardrpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The only downside to the old MKVMERGE is muxing of PGS subtitles which will be available in the next release of BD-RB. The old MKVMERGE doesn't support them (that's why I upgraded it in the package). But if you can live without them -- there's really no other problem of which I'm aware.
I'm way more than happy at the moment, you've solved my little issue and I will cross the subtitle bridge if I ever need to. I'm just so glad I can stay in 2012.
richardrpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:11   #14624  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
That's cool. My LG player seems to support Subtitles in MKV (LG BD640)
I think the BD640 only supports .sub and the rest > SubRip (.srt / .txt), SAMI (.smi), SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.txt), MicroDVD (.sub/.txt), SubViewer 1.0 (.sub), SubViewer 2.0 (.sub/.txt), TMPlayer (.txt), DVD Subtitle System (.txt)

Last edited by soneca; 23rd February 2012 at 21:14.
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:27   #14625  |  Link
omegaman7

Ok, perhaps that statement was premature. The MKV I do have, has a subtitle in it, and it appears to use it properly. I guess when BD rebuilder begins the new subtitle capability, I'll play with it more
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:34   #14626  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
My LG player supports SRT in MKV but not SUP. I mostly watch movies with my computer using VLC which does support SUP. I'm glad to know about the next update supporting SUP.

Jdobbs, where you able to "fix" the challenge with Castaway (with Tom Hanks) not Rebuilding?
I have it on my hard drive... but I forgot that I put it there and that I was going to test it. I'll run it later today. If I remember correctly you were attempting an MKV output using 1920x1080p with intact audio, right?
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:10   #14627  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardrpg View Post
Thanks for the advice Capsbackup and jdobbs, I'm actually making 7.8gb MKV's at 1080p, as I need to save space (I'm a data addict & have been collecting Blu Ray rips for ages) and 800+ Blu Rays without compression will bankrupt me in no time as they are all on HDD's. ( As I also mentioned before, I'm not that versed in encoding and tend to stick with what I know, creature of habit, but you've both shown me I don't actually have a clue what I'm doing and what you've said actually does make sense , so I'll try that)
I did the MKVMERGE swap and it worked perfectly and muxed without a problem, at least I can now stay in 2012 and not have to time travel back to 2011 each time I do an encode.
Thanks again for all the help and keep making BD-RB the only encoder anyone will ever need.
Quote:
I'm way more than happy at the moment, you've solved my little issue and I will cross the subtitle bridge if I ever need to. I'm just so glad I can stay in 2012.
You can make movie only backups to BD9 (7.8GB) with BD-RB, including subtitles, right now the way it is. 1080P, DD 5.1 ac3.
No more changing back the PC clock!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 01:14   #14628  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Jdobbs, correct. Rebuild wouldn't happen.
Old 24th February 2012, 01:16   #14629  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Jdobbs, correct. Rebuild wouldn't happen.
It's running now -- the rebuild should start in about an hour. Edit: (Never mind -- I forgot to load your INI, it just started over).

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th February 2012 at 01:20.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 03:30   #14630  |  Link
busch42

Wow jdobbs, only takes you about 10-15 minutes to rip a Blu-Ray with Anydvd, You must have a fast machine or I have a slow one, Takes me about 30 to 40 minutes with DVDfab, might have to switch programs.
busch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 03:33   #14631  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by busch42 View Post
Wow jdobbs, only takes you about 10-15 minutes to rip a Blu-Ray with Anydvd, You must have a fast machine or I have a slow one, Takes me about 30 to 40 minutes with DVDfab, might have to switch programs.
Well -- now that I give it more thought, 20-25 minutes is probably more like it.
Old 24th February 2012, 03:50   #14632  |  Link
busch42

That's still good, Like I said before, good 30 to 40 minutes to rip to hard drive then 2 1/2 to 3 hours to shrink with BDrebuilder to a BD25 then about 45 minutes to burn.
busch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 05:38   #14633  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

Thanks for reminding me. It was a simple error -- but it only showed up if BD-RB detected an audio delay... that movie had a very small delay that caused that section of code to be executed.

I've fixed it for the next release.
Old 24th February 2012, 07:22   #14634  |  Link
richardrpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
You can make movie only backups to BD9 (7.8GB) with BD-RB, including subtitles, right now the way it is. 1080P, DD 5.1 ac3.
No more changing back the PC clock!
I forgot to also mention that I'm doing what I'm doing ,(the TSmuxer or MKV2VOB step) to also add a fat32 file split as I share my movies with friends who only have PS3's to watch HD. As you know PS3 can only read FAT32 ext HDD's. Can your method add that step or must I put the output through a splitter ?
Old 24th February 2012, 09:13   #14635  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
It depends on the content per disk. As well as optical drive.

@ Jdobbs, You're Welcome. :-D Glad I could assist, heh heh.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 24th February 2012 at 09:15.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 12:53   #14636  |  Link
richardrpg

Quote:
That's still good, Like I said before, good 30 to 40 minutes to rip to hard drive then 2 1/2 to 3 hours to shrink with BDrebuilder to a BD25 then about 45 minutes to burn.
You should check to see if your BR-rom has not got a "riplock" firmware installed, I removed mine & my read speed has increased from 10mb/s to 30mb/s and higher. Just ripped Columbiana to an iso and total time is 12min, its a small iso though, only 23gb.
Old 24th February 2012, 15:26   #14637  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
You should check to see if your BR-rom has not got a "riplock" firmware installed, I removed mine & my read speed has increased from 10mb/s to 30mb/s and higher. Just ripped Columbiana to an iso and total time is 12min, its a small iso though, only 23gb.
Right -- I should have mentioned that. Most drives limit their read speed on video discs to lower noise levels. I ran MediaCodeSpeedEdit against my drive's firmware and disabled RipLock.
Old 24th February 2012, 18:10   #14638  |  Link
omegaman7

I left riplock :S I'm afraid increasing the read speed, will affect the longevity of the drive
Old 24th February 2012, 18:38   #14639  |  Link
michgaud

AV sync and pixellated issues with 0.40.07

I experienced severe out of sync AV issues upon the first use of Version 0.40.07. I also had multiple Pixellated images about every 2 to 3 Minutes in the Video. I went back to V 0.40.04 and was able to process the disc with an excellent result. I then went back to V 0.40.07 and deleted Multiprocess from the config file and ran the disc again and everything came out perfect. Hope this helps
michgaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 18:53   #14640  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
I left riplock :S I'm afraid increasing the read speed, will affect the longevity of the drive
It's just there to avoid complaints about too much noise when watching a film.