Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd July 2012, 13:08   #15381  |  Link
Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@weirdo

I think I've found that error... but I'll need to test it with that disc
Thanks jdobbs. Is it a Japanese-only subtitle issue so I could disable them and try again or not?
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 14:15   #15382  |  Link
Wizzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs
Can you play 00506.track_4352.dts with MPC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzu View Post
Yes
So to summarize:

- Playing the extracted DTS (00506.track_4352.dts): plays OK, audible
- Playing the derivated AVS (AUD_00506_4352.AVS): plays with no sound and an error message (MTAudioDTSDsource: unable to open file "00506.track_4352.mts" )

Does this imply that my issue with failing to encode to AC3 is not due to AFTEN but rather to AviSynth?
Wizzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 14:43   #15383  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
Thanks jdobbs. Is it a Japanese-only subtitle issue so I could disable them and try again or not?
I'm pretty sure the problem is in the subtitle (PGS) itself. The error within BD Rebuilder is the way it handled the problematic subtitle. If you de-select the japanese subtitle the problem should go away.
Old 22nd July 2012, 14:44   #15384  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
So to summarize:

- Playing the extracted DTS (00506.track_4352.dts): plays OK, audible
- Playing the derivated AVS (AUD_00506_4352.AVS): plays with no sound and an error message (MTAudioDTSDsource: unable to open file "00506.track_4352.mts" )

Does this imply that my issue with failing to encode to AC3 is not due to AFTEN but rather to AviSynth?
Yes. That's correct. Both DirectshowSource() and NicDTSSource() found an issue with the source -- and that leads me to believe that either the source or the configuration is somehow wrong. Unfortunately the source is out of my control, and I'm currently at a loss what configuration issue it may be. A couple thoughts:

1. Is DTS encoding enabled in your FFDSHOW audio configuration?
2. Do you have some other DTS decoder that is interfering with DirectshowSource()? Codec packs installed? It's significant that MPC can play the source but DirectshowSource() can't.

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd July 2012 at 14:49.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 15:23   #15385  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
[Paths]
SOURCE_PATH=J:\!BLU-RAY\THE_MATRIX\
WORKING_PATH=E:\BLU-RAY\REBUILDER\
[/CODE]
Just curious, but why is there a " ! " in your Source_Path ??
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 16:14   #15386  |  Link
Wizzu

Quote:
that leads me to believe that either the source or the configuration is somehow wrong.
If by "the source" you mean the Blu-Ray, that's not the culprit: these discs that I can't process with the computer in question, were processe flawlessly with my other computer...
Quote:
I'm currently at a loss what configuration issue it may be.
Mee too, since I really re-checked everything and both ffdshow (audio+video) and bdrebuilder are setup exactly the same on both computers.
Quote:
1. Is DTS encoding enabled in your FFDSHOW audio configuration?
Yes...
Quote:
Do you have some other DTS decoder that is interfering with DirectshowSource()? Codec packs installed? It's significant that MPC can play the source but DirectshowSource() can't.
I had been thinking along the same lines, and triple-checked that I had no thrid-party codecs or filters. I came to great lenghts to make sure that the system was "clean".

Mmmmh. That's a tough one. I'm at a loss, you're at a loss, well, I'm kinda stuck.

So my next move will be to multi-boot this computer with a fresh XP install, so to determine for sure if the problem lies with the config/software or with the hardware (which is still a possibility...)
Old 22nd July 2012, 16:39   #15387  |  Link
Wizzu

Quote:
So my next move will be to multi-boot this computer with a fresh XP install, so to determine for sure if the problem lies with the config/software or with the hardware (which is still a possibility...)
Looks like I have a hardware compatibility issue on my hands...

Fresh bd-rb install on a fresh XP SP3 partition:
Quote:
----------------------
[07/22/12] BD Rebuilder v0.40.10 (beta)
[17:22:31] Source: FRIGHTENERS_ENTIER
- Input BD size: 45.17 GB
- Approximate total content: [07:18:17.436]
- Target BD size: 22.95 GB
- Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
- Auto Quality: Better (Faster), Two Pass
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[17:22:31] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [17:22:31] Processing: VID_50294 (1 of 38)
- [17:22:31] Extracting A/V streams [VID_50294]
- [17:22:36] Reencoding video [VID_50294]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 168 frames
- [17:22:36] Reencoding: VID_50294, Pass 1 of 1
- [17:22:41] Video Encode complete
- [17:22:41] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Reencoding audio to AC3...
- [17:22:41] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Reencoding audio to AC3...
- ERROR in attempt to reencode audio (AFTEN) [AUD_50294_4352.AVS]
[17:22:41] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted
No overclocking on this machine. Ironically, my other machine IS OC'ed and shows no issues with bd-rb encoding.

MSI 770-C45 (AM3)
Phenom II X4 965
4GB RAM (checked)

I'm not knowledgable enough to know if an extension card (or its drivers) may interfere with audio decoding/encoding? Is it worth it to even try removing some PCI cards? (I have and IDE extension card and a Parallel port extension card).

-
Old 22nd July 2012, 17:34   #15388  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Looks like I have a hardware compatibility issue on my hands...

Fresh bd-rb install on a fresh XP SP3 partition:
Are you using the same rip on both machines (from a network location, for example) or are you re-ripping on the faulty machine? It is a minor possibility that you may have a failing optical drive, which could produce a bad rip without giving an error message. You could eliminate this variable by copying over the rip from the good machine to the bad one, and see what happens.

Like I said, not a high probability of success, but easy enough to try.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 17:41   #15389  |  Link
Wizzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
Are you using the same rip on both machines (from a network location, for example) or are you re-ripping on the faulty machine? It is a minor possibility that you may have a failing optical drive, which could produce a bad rip without giving an error message. You could eliminate this variable by copying over the rip from the good machine to the bad one, and see what happens.
Thanks for the help.
Sadly, I'm always using the same BD rips (external HD) on both machines. Nice try, though.
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:17   #15390  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Just curious, but why is there a " ! " in your Source_Path ??
Because I love Directory Opus as a file manager (do not like Windows...erm, Windows) and using an ! will force a directory to be at the top of an alphabetized list. I like doing things a bit different than "average".

Curiosity is awesome.

JDobbs, Okay.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 22nd July 2012 at 20:22.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 21:42   #15391  |  Link
Phreaker47

Having an issue with "ALIENS". It's 87% complete, then suddenly:

----------------------
[07/22/12] BD Rebuilder v0.40.11 (beta)
[13:39:59] Source: ALIENS
- Input BD size: 44.51 GB
- Approximate total content: [03:22:30.636]
- Target BD size: 22.95 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Quality: High Quality (Default), Two Pass
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
- Resuming from previously started job.
[13:40:01] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [13:40:01] Processing: VID_01136 (27 of 42)
- [13:40:01] Reencoding video [VID_01136]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 4,768 frames
- Bitrate: 11,997 Kbs
- [13:40:01] Reencoding: VID_01136, Pass 1 of 2
- Encode failed. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.40.11 (beta)
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: 1.9.42.1, Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3882, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libmpeg2": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[13:40:01] - Failed video encode, aborted
----------------------------------------------

Says everything is "OK", but fails anyway. Any thoughts?
Phreaker47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 22:39   #15392  |  Link
Phreaker47

Edit: I guess AVISynth got corrupted somehow. I reinstalled it, and now it appears to be working.
Phreaker47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 22:40   #15393  |  Link
Chuckwagon

JDobbs,
I have encountered a problem using version 40.11. I saw the posts about a Matrix backup that failed, and I had recently done a backup of the Matrix which gave me odd sized results, so I thought I'd look at that again.

My first attempt at backing up The Matrix worked, using 40.10, but the file size ended up being too big for a BD-25. Eh, oh well, it happens. So I decided to try again with a custom size of 21500, but since 40.11 was now out I figured I'd use it as well. It failed with this error

- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00000.meta
- Can't open file: D:\BD REBUILDER\WORKFILES\VID_00000_2.AVS.1.264

So I rolled back to 40.10 and it works fine. Since 40.10 worked, I once again tried 40.11. Same error.

In summary, the backup completes with 40.10 and fails with 40.11. I have done it twice with each version, failed twice with 40.11 and succeeded twice with 40.10. I don't want to clutter up the posts with a ton of info if you don't need it, but I do have the output text files and config file if you need them. What info would you like?
Chuckwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 01:41   #15394  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwagon View Post
JDobbs,
I have encountered a problem using version 40.11. I saw the posts about a Matrix backup that failed, and I had recently done a backup of the Matrix which gave me odd sized results, so I thought I'd look at that again.

My first attempt at backing up The Matrix worked, using 40.10, but the file size ended up being too big for a BD-25. Eh, oh well, it happens. So I decided to try again with a custom size of 21500, but since 40.11 was now out I figured I'd use it as well. It failed with this error

So I rolled back to 40.10 and it works fine. Since 40.10 worked, I once again tried 40.11. Same error.

In summary, the backup completes with 40.10 and fails with 40.11. I have done it twice with each version, failed twice with 40.11 and succeeded twice with 40.10. I don't want to clutter up the posts with a ton of info if you don't need it, but I do have the output text files and config file if you need them. What info would you like?
I just did "The Matrix" earlier today with v0.40.11 after I saw a report -- and it completed successfully. It also plays back correctly.

That filename references the secondary video track. It looks like it was never created. The ".1." means you are using multiprocessing mode... you might try turning it off to see what happens.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd July 2012 at 01:46.
Old 23rd July 2012, 01:54   #15395  |  Link
Chuckwagon

Quote:
JDobbs,

Quote:
That filename references the secondary video track. It looks like it was never created.
The file is there, it's 433,593KB in size. Which is interesting as I did a "movie and menus" backup in edit mode and made sure everything was blanked except for the main movie. I can drag the file to PowerDVD and it will play. So it seems to have reencoded (I think that stream is 4GB originally.) It's such a long extra that it does not auto blank, so I manually blanked it. I will try again setting the threshold long enough to get that stream automatically and see what happens.
Old 23rd July 2012, 01:59   #15396  |  Link
AmigaFuture

JDobbs, the "The Matrix" - Bonus, In-Movie Experience also play correctly for you? Not just the movie..? With 40.11?
Old 23rd July 2012, 02:00   #15397  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The file is there, it's 433,593KB in size. Which is interesting as I did a "movie and menus" backup in edit mode and made sure everything was blanked except for the main movie. I can drag the file to PowerDVD and it will play. So it seems to have reencoded (I think that stream is 4GB originally.) It's such a long extra that it does not auto blank, so I manually blanked it. I will try again setting the threshold long enough to get that stream automatically and see what happens.
Ok, I'm confused. I just remembered that multiple instances should be disabled on secondary streams now... I'll do some testing.
Old 23rd July 2012, 02:03   #15398  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
JDobbs, the "The Matrix" - Bonus, In-Movie Experience also play correctly for you? Not just the movie..? With 40.11?
Haven't tried it. I keep "The Matrix" on my hard drive -- it's one I use for testing all the time. Are you saying there is a bonus disc or a bonus feature? If it's the former I'll have to go through some boxes to see if I can find it.

[Edit]

Never mind, I see it. Yes it is working correctly. I'm playing it right now.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd July 2012 at 02:05.
Old 23rd July 2012, 02:30   #15399  |  Link
Chuckwagon

Quote:
Ok, I'm confused. I just remembered that multiple instances should be disabled on secondary streams now... I'll do some testing.
Oops, my bad. The file it was looking for isn't there. One with the same name, minus a .1 in the name, is there. I think it's the embedded secondary video, so it doesn't get blanked. It just looks a lot like the other feature video of the same time length. I kept the workfiles from the failed encode and I'm watching as it tries again to see if the same files all show up.

If this one fails as well I will try a movie only backup. Or whatever you want for a next step.

EDIT: I tried a Movie Only backup with 40.11 and it works. So my guess would be that something related to that Secondary Video stream is behaving differently in .11 than it was in .10. (Also, is there any way to blank secondary streams? The only way I can seem to get it blanked is with the Movie Only option, but that loses the menus too, right?)

Edit 2: I tried a Full Backup, changed the setting back to a target size of BD-25 and the encoding to Highest (just to shake things up a bit) and it still fails. The only way I can complete a backup of the Matrix with 40.11 is if I do a Movie Only backup. So far all of these attempts have been with multiple processors active. I will start another backup without the multi support and see what that does.

Last edited by Chuckwagon; 23rd July 2012 at 08:29.
Old 23rd July 2012, 07:20   #15400  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
I see it. Yes it is working correctly. I'm playing it right now.
Sweet! I put a # before the MULTIPROCESS=4 and tried it with High Speed Option for testing. Nice. It functions well. I was wondering about the audio in some parts, as I didn't remember it "cutting" in and out like that in between images. I checked it with the original and same. They could have made that a bit smoother, but...Meh...it's cool. Now I'll do it at Very Slow soon. This is with 40.11.

Thanks J! I'll test "The Incredibles" tonight the same way. Another donation coming. I haven't forgotten.