Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 21st June 2008, 19:23   #1  |  Link
Simba2

unknown .raw files in .wav

Hi,
I hope one of you guys can help me with my little problem.

Maybe someone knows Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for PS2. It has a Bonus DVD which puts the entire game in a movie. Now what I'm trying to do is to put this movie on a normal DVD, as I am about to give my PS2 away. The problem is I dont have a DVD recorder so just recording the screen while watching the movie is a no-go, same goes for connecting the TV to PC.

So I checked out the DVD on my PC and found some .DAT files which - after some googling - turned out to be some kind of containers. After a long search I found a tool which extracted those containers and the result was a .m2v, .raw and .sub file for every chapter of the movie.

Of course .m2v is no problem and I dont really need those subs either, but that .raw file is making me crazy.
Again after some searching - also here on the forum - I tried different apps but none could easily convert those files. None of the standart converter apps worked so I came accross Sox which is a bit complicated.
I managed to convert the file without errors but on the outcoming .wav file there was just some static noises/scratching. I guess I chose the wrong bitrate settings etc. but I dont know where I could get that information.

I uploaded the file incase someone wants to try it for himself
http://files.filefront.com/File1raw/.../fileinfo.html

Again, I hope you can help me out here.
Simba2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.raw, convert, headerless, sox