Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 1st December 2021, 21:00   #8961  |  Link
55trucker

ahhh.....I see, I took a look at that prior page as well, there's nothing in the receiver setting for the NTSC ( I'm in Canada) nor the HDMI limitation or the 4k signal mode that could be the source of this.
The AVR is using three HDMI inputs total, one from the Bluray player, the HD cable TV source & the computer, all function properly, it's just BLACK Edition that is experiencing this odd anomaly, if I take the AVR out of the equation & reconnect the graphics card directly to the flatscreen the issue goes away. Something in MPC doesn't like the routing of the HDMI cable.
55trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2021, 07:02   #8962  |  Link
kissglay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
With "--write-auto-subs" yt-dlp generate 109 links for subs
I find MPC-HC has the options to configure and show auto-generated subtitles and it works pretty well. It overrides "--write-auto-subs" option in the yt-dlp's config file.

The subtitle context menu in MPC-HC:

The problem with MPC-BE is that most of the time it works with the "--write-auto-subs" option turned on in config and shows the subs, but there's no way to customize which language one actually wants. It loads all the subs and of course, it takes longer time to load the video.
With the extreme case, like "https://www.khanacademy.org/math/geometry-home/triangle-properties/altitudes/v/proof-triangle-altitudes-are-concurrent-orthocenter" I posted earlier, which has over a thousand subs, the player freeze.
Maybe you can consider adding a similar option like "Enable Automatic Subtitle" or something in the "youtube-dl, yt-dlp" config section, and let users specified the language code required? And this will override the "--write-auto-subs" option if it's set in the yt-dlp's config.
The subtitle context menu in MPC-BE:

Thx
kissglay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2021, 08:09   #8963  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissglay View Post
I find MPC-HC has the options to configure and show auto-generated subtitles and it works pretty well. It overrides "--write-auto-subs" option in the yt-dlp's config file.

The subtitle context menu in MPC-HC:

The problem with MPC-BE is that most of the time it works with the "--write-auto-subs" option turned on in config and shows the subs, but there's no way to customize which language one actually wants. It loads all the subs and of course, it takes longer time to load the video.
With the extreme case, like "https://www.khanacademy.org/math/geometry-home/triangle-properties/altitudes/v/proof-triangle-altitudes-are-concurrent-orthocenter" I posted earlier, which has over a thousand subs, the player freeze.
Maybe you can consider adding a similar option like "Enable Automatic Subtitle" or something in the "youtube-dl, yt-dlp" config section, and let users specified the language code required? And this will override the "--write-auto-subs" option if it's set in the yt-dlp's config.
The subtitle context menu in MPC-BE:

Thx
There is no problem.
Remove "--write-auto-subs" from you config, MPC-BE without any options get and download subs.
Old 11th December 2021, 11:10   #8964  |  Link
Celio1080p

Hey there guys. Sorry for this noob question but, i want to have the best picture quality possible.
I want to know what these options here do and what is the best..
Huh, there is a place where i can read about them ?

For example, Buffers EVR, it's possible to increase more then 30 ?

10-bit Integer.. what is this ? 8-bit Integer is better ? and what about 16-bit floating point ?

PS 3.0: Lanczos3 is the best option ?

And the Exclusive Full-Screen, is a good thing ? and the RGB 10 bit.. should i mark that ?

I mean, i know about MadVR but.. i don't know.. maybe i should try later but.. i was really curious about these settings.

Sorry my english, noob brazilian here.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
GPU: GTX 1660 Super
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200Mhz Dual Channel
Monitor: TV Samsung RU7100 4k 65
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: png 3.png
Celio1080p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2021, 12:00   #8965  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celio1080p View Post
Sorry for this noob question but, i want to have the best picture quality possible.
To begin with, you yourself need to understand what exactly does not suit you in the picture that the player gives out.

Quote:
For example, Buffers EVR, it's possible to increase more then 30 ?
No. What is your problem with the default buffer value?

Quote:
10-bit Integer.. what is this ? 8-bit Integer is better ? and what about 16-bit floating point ?
16-bit is guaranteed to increase video memory consumption. And whether it gets better or worse you can see for yourself on your display. On some graphics cards the brightness may change if you increase the bit depth of textures.

Quote:
PS 3.0: Lanczos3 is the best option ?
This is a good interpolation algorithm. Whether it will be the best for you, you can check for yourself.

Quote:
And the Exclusive Full-Screen, is a good thing ?
Exclusive mode helps you solve video not smoothly displaying issues. Often used in conjunction with changing the display mode. Your right to enable the option or not.

Quote:
and the RGB 10 bit.. should i mark that ?
I don't understand your "should i". If you want to try it, turn it on, if you don't want it, don't turn it on. I find that 10-bit output does not work in Direct3D 9.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2021, 02:10   #8966  |  Link
Celio1080p

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
To begin with, you yourself need to understand what exactly does not suit you in the picture that the player gives out.
I see.

Quote:
No. What is your problem with the default buffer value?
Nothing. But i like to increase because sometimes, i'm downloading a movie or moving a movie from my main SSD to my secondary 4 TB HDD. When i'm doing this, the movie i'm watching will stutter.
If i increase the buffer to max possible, sometimes.. the movie don't stutter. That's why i asked if was possible to increase past 30.
If i could load a good part of the movie to VRAM or RAM.. there would be no stutter.. right ? or i'm wrong ?

Quote:
16-bit is guaranteed to increase video memory consumption. And whether it gets better or worse you can see for yourself on your display. On some graphics cards the brightness may change if you increase the bit depth of textures.
Hrm, i see. I don't see a problem with increased video memory.
My card has 6 GB of VRAM. Of course, that's not a lot but.. you know..
If i have 6 GB, why shouldn't i use it ?
I mean, there are any disadvantage in doing this ? this will damage my GPU ? i guess not because most games already use 6GB of VRAM easy.

Quote:
This is a good interpolation algorithm. Whether it will be the best for you, you can check for yourself.
Well, yeah i guess but..What I was wanting more to know a description of each option...
If one has more sharpness.
If another is more blurry.

Quote:
Exclusive mode helps you solve video not smoothly displaying issues. Often used in conjunction with changing the display mode. Your right to enable the option or not.
Hrm, so, if i don't use changing display mode.. i shouldn't use it.

Quote:
I don't understand your "should i". If you want to try it, turn it on, if you don't want it, don't turn it on. I find that 10-bit output does not work in Direct3D 9.
Well, i don't even know if i'm using Direct3D9 or 11 or.. anything.

I asked about Exclusive Mode.
Because when I'm watching 4K movies, unfortunately they come in HDR.
My TV is Low Tier so her HDR is bad.
I do not like it.
I was wondering if using Exclusive Mode, if it could be improved in any way.
I mean, when I'm watching an HDR movie, the MPC-BE converts to SDR, and it looks good... but I was wondering if 10 bit exclusive mode could help with that or not.

Zack Snyder's Justice League for example. It's 93,4 GB so of course my VRAM and RAM will not be enough.. anyway.

I uploaded an image. I want to know if something's wrong. I paused and took the image.

Why am I asking these questions?
Because I don't understand much and wanted to know if my settings are wrong.
Unfortunately, it doesn't have much information when you search google. At least I couldn't find many.
Many info are about MPC-HC. Not about MPC-BE.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: png 3.png
Celio1080p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2021, 21:40   #8967  |  Link
Megalith

HDR sent directly to my LG OLED (C1) doesn't look right (muted) until MPC-BE is in full screen. Is this an issue with MPC-BE, or madVR?
Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2021, 01:03   #8968  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
HDR sent directly to my LG OLED (C1) doesn't look right (muted) until MPC-BE is in full screen. Is this an issue with MPC-BE, or madVR?
Which OS do you have?
Old 16th December 2021, 04:44   #8969  |  Link
v0lt

MPC Image Source 0.2.3.95
Improved support for JPEG XL.
Description

MPC Image Source is a DirectShow filter that allows you to open graphic images in video players. Windows Imaging Component (WIC) is used to decode images.

Last edited by v0lt; 16th December 2021 at 04:54.
Old 16th December 2021, 23:02   #8970  |  Link
Megalith

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Which OS do you have?
Windows 10.
Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2021, 09:28   #8971  |  Link
Schroinxx

I have a new z690&12600K and use the onboard Intel 770 UHD GPU with a LG OLED CX. After installing windows 10 and the drivers it all works out of the box including HDR and the video looks good in the windows samples and intel. However, in MPC-BE the image is charcoal-grey. The movie file plays with sound and subtitles. Sometimes I have seen the first frame normal and then it becomes dark. It works in VLC. I have tried setting the brightness but that does not help. I tried importing the MPC-BE settings from another computer with no impact. I have tried to play with the levels, but that does not help either. I installed win11 before win10 and that was the same issue with MPC. In the old Intel drivers, one could set the levels to either driver or application, and that seems to have solved the issue for many. Regrettably, this is not available in the new Intel drivers. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Schroinxx; 19th December 2021 at 09:32.
Schroinxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2021, 09:47   #8972  |  Link
Klaus1189

@Schroinxx:
What video Renderers are affected?
Could you try EVR CP - Enhanced Video Renderer (custom presenter), MPC Video Renderer and madVR?
Please report back.
Since you have a new Intel CPU with UHD 770, can you please test some things for me? Does not take more than 5 minutes:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...67#post1958267
Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2021, 10:42   #8973  |  Link
Schroinxx

I am running with GPU driver ver 30.0.101.1002

@Klaus1189
EVR, EVR-CP, SVR, null, nulll uncompressed are all charcoal grey. I have just installed madVR and that works out of the box. MPC VR work with the 0.5.5.1797, whereas the 5.4 crashes.

Sure. There is no logo. To my untrained eyes, it seems okay, but there is a bit of interference between his white shirt and the black west here and there.

Using the madVR or MPC VR solves my problem.

Last edited by Schroinxx; 19th December 2021 at 11:00.
Old 19th December 2021, 10:48   #8974  |  Link
Klaus1189

It is located on the very bottom in the middle of the screen. Especially the chinese, japanese, … characters should not flicker.
Old 19th December 2021, 11:56   #8975  |  Link
Schroinxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
It is located on the very bottom in the middle of the screen. Especially the chinese, japanese, characters should not flicker.
They don't flicker.
Old 19th December 2021, 14:45   #8976  |  Link
Klaus1189

That is good news for me. But for the charcoal-grey color issue. What filters do you use? Do you use internal MPC-BE Filters or external Filters like LAV Filters? Try out the other filters you are using now. Any difference?
Old 19th December 2021, 16:23   #8977  |  Link
clsid

MPCVR and madvr are the only two renderers with proper HDR support!

If null renderer gives you video it means YOUR DID NOT RESTART the player (or reload file) so the settings change was not applied yet. So giant user error...
Old 19th December 2021, 19:12   #8978  |  Link
Schroinxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
That is good news for me. But for the charcoal-grey color issue. What filters do you use? Do you use internal MPC-BE Filters or external Filters like LAV Filters? Try out the other filters you are using now. Any difference?
EVR, EVR-CP, SVR are grey. Null, nulll uncompressed plays the audio. MPC VR work with the 0.5.5.1797, whereas the 5.4 crashes. MadVR works.

I'll try with LAV later.

Last edited by Schroinxx; 19th December 2021 at 19:19.
Old 20th December 2021, 05:04   #8979  |  Link
v0lt

MPC Video Renderer 0.5.6.1807

Changes:
Improved stability in DX9 mode when changing display.
Fixed display of subtitles in the first frame when using XySubFilter.
Added experimental option "Reinitialize D3D device when changing display".
Fixed the problem with the "Information" tab working when pressing Esc when the main text field is active.
The "Auto display HDR On/Off" functionality has been improved. Now this option has three values: "not used", "used for fullscreen", "always used".
Fixed HDR Passthrough for various cases.
Added support for MEDIASUBTYPE_LAV_RAWVIDEO.
Added support for various YUV and RGB planar formats.
Added support for r210 format.
The "Use Direct3D 11" option is enabled by default on Windows 8 and newer systems.
Fixed crash for RGB24 in some situations.
Old 20th December 2021, 09:42   #8980  |  Link
Schroinxx

I have installed the LAV 64 filters and only left out the file association at the end. They don't show up in MPC-BE for some reason.