Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th March 2015, 22:16   #11  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Okay, things are starting to shape up. Reported bugs have all been looked at, where appropriate fixed, and MT-functionality has also seen some necessary correctness improvements. I'm thinking about releasing 0.2 pretty soon. What is needed for that at this point is mainly testing, and maybe getting some additional content for the installer into shape. The more adventurous among you can pull the latest test binaries from avs-plus.net/builds. Starting now, binaries are built with a newer C++ runtime due to the wide availability of VS Community Edition, so if you feel like testing, don't forget to also get the vcredist stuff under the same link. In the official release, the installer will take care of setting up the runtime for you of course.

Depending on what you testers report, the r1779 binaries might be extremely similar to what 0.2 will be. I, for one have been using recent builds in my own production encodes without problems, and the (very few) independent testers I gave them to also had encouraging reports.

As for what the new caching system coupled with the rewritten filters in AviSynth+ are capable of, I'm also showing you these results, based on a real-world and pretty heavy script. And it was running only single-threaded. Now these measurements are not to be generalized, and results will surely depend on both your machine as well your script, but I certainly started smiling when I first saw this comparison. Do you like it? Are you excited for AviSynth+ 0.2?

EDIT: "Quite few" came out wrong upon reading it over. What I mean to say is very few testers, not "quite a few".
EDIT: I forgot to mention, the way how you specify the default MT mode for all filters that don't have it set explicitly has changed. For that, the first argument of SetFilterMTMode now has to be "DEFAULT_MT_MODE" instead of just "" (an empty string). I updated the MT usage notes, please consult them about how to use MT.

Last edited by ultim; 16th March 2015 at 21:27. Reason: replaced 1778 with r1779