Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 25th February 2013, 14:36   #16681  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

Congratulations on the enhancements added in v.43.01 ;>}

One question, if I may. You say: Why did you choose to make this a HIDDEN setting?

BTW - With all the wonderful updates you've either implemented or are working on, let's hope streaming video doesn't replace discs (of all formats) too soon!

Just noticed that you've been working on BD-RB for more than FOUR YEARS! Kudos for your fantastic work ethic.

1. Because it would only be changed once, twice, or, more likely, never. It is just a threshold that decides how long something is before it would be included in the backup.

2. If it does... I'll find something else to do with my spare time.

3. It seems I'm trying to get into Guiness for the worlds longest software beta... the problem is that until I fix a couple of issues that have eluded me (like the one related to DTS Express secondary tracks) it will probably stay in beta. It's probably stable enough now in most other ways.

Last edited by jdobbs; 25th February 2013 at 14:56.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 14:37   #16682  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Possible bug. DVD > MKV with Mkvmerge. If I import it throws an error about not having a supported video stream, AVC-VC1-MPEG2. If I import to batch all is good.
Probably a bug. I did a lot of changes in that area.

What disc?
Old 25th February 2013, 17:24   #16683  |  Link
HatchetMan

In v43.01b I also noticed that inspect.exe now checks your anydvd settings to tell you which features of anydvd should not be selected, such as jump to main menu or remove annoying adverts, I deselected them and re-ran inspect, the warnings went away! Or maybe that was just the 1st time I ever ran inspect with those anydvd setting because I almost never set them, unless I am keeping the full disc backup. Because otherwise that is pre-processing. Thanks!
HatchetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 17:49   #16684  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
In device manager check the status if your ide controllers to make sure an i/o error has flipped it to pio mode.
I don't use IDE at all, not even when ripping discs to HDD. The data is on a SATA HDD when BD-RB enters the "Completing remainder..." stage.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 19:28   #16685  |  Link
gillie

Right-click on a subtitle no longer gives the option to force subtitles on. In fact it doesn't do anything at all.
Tried same movie with v0.42.08 and it worked fine.
gillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 21:31   #16686  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetMan View Post
In v43.01b I also noticed that inspect.exe now checks your anydvd settings to tell you which features of anydvd should not be selected, such as jump to main menu or remove annoying adverts, I deselected them and re-ran inspect, the warnings went away! Or maybe that was just the 1st time I ever ran inspect with those anydvd setting because I almost never set them, unless I am keeping the full disc backup. Because otherwise that is pre-processing. Thanks!
It's done that for a while. I haven't tested it in a while, but some of those features caused issues in the past.
Old 25th February 2013, 21:33   #16687  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillie View Post
Right-click on a subtitle no longer gives the option to force subtitles on. In fact it doesn't do anything at all.
Tried same movie with v0.42.08 and it worked fine.
You are mistaken. It hasn't changed. That feature only works and has always only worked when you select Movie-Only output. You can't do it in a full backup because the subtitles are handled programatically by the original authoring.
Old 25th February 2013, 22:50   #16688  |  Link
gonca

@jdobbs
Every DVD disc I've tried with the new version so far. I only use MKVMerge when a DVD has DTS audio. BD_RB isn't able to import DVD discs with DTS audio, Not a big deal since it isn't DVD spec? However MKV's with DTS worked fine before.

@collinhunt
I wasn't talking about using IDE mode. SATA is still under an IDE controller in Device Manager.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 23:11   #16689  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
@jdobbs
Every DVD disc I've tried with the new version so far. I only use MKVMerge when a DVD has DTS audio. BD_RB isn't able to import DVD discs with DTS audio, Not a big deal since it isn't DVD spec? However MKV's with DTS worked fine before.

@collinhunt
I wasn't talking about using IDE mode. SATA is still under an IDE controller in Device Manager.
It should import DTS fine from DVD. I'll find a DVD with DTS and test it.

I have no idea what you mean when you say: "I only use MKVMerge when a DVD has DTS audio."
Old 25th February 2013, 23:35   #16690  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
@collinhunt
Right. Well, everything is running as Ultra DMA Mode 5. I would be surprised if the problem lies with IDE/ATA since I get very healthy 100+ MB/sec transfer rates from the HDDs.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 23:35   #16691  |  Link
gonca

Every time I've tried to import a DVD with DTS audio it always fails with a remux error. I always thought that it was because DTS wasn't actually part of the DVD spec.
Old 25th February 2013, 23:40   #16692  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Every time I've tried to import a DVD with DTS audio it always fails with a remux error. I always thought that it was because DTS wasn't actually part of the DVD spec.
DTS is part of the DVD spec (just not HD). I think I may have found the issue, it was a mistype in the creation of the file extension. Unfortunately, though, I'm having a tough time proving that to be the issue, as finding a DVD in my collection that has DTS audio is harder than I thought. They don't use it very often.
Old 25th February 2013, 23:41   #16693  |  Link
omegaman7

I believe multiple Disney movies carry DTS audio. Don't quote me though :S LOL!
Old 25th February 2013, 23:55   #16694  |  Link
gonca

@jdobbs
The two predator movies have DTS audio.
Thank you for your efforts.

@collinhunt
Sorry I couldn't help any more, just thought it was woth a shot.

Last edited by gonca; 25th February 2013 at 23:57.
Old 26th February 2013, 00:04   #16695  |  Link
gonca

@jdobbs
I don't want you to go through any expense on my account, i.e. buy a disc you don't want. If you allow me to download a test version I can try it out and supply any feedback you want, that I am able to supply
Old 26th February 2013, 06:04   #16696  |  Link
HatchetMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
DTS is part of the DVD spec (just not HD). I think I may have found the issue, it was a mistype in the creation of the file extension. Unfortunately, though, I'm having a tough time proving that to be the issue, as finding a DVD in my collection that has DTS audio is harder than I thought. They don't use it very often.
^^ Monster (2003) immediately comes to mind...

But, I was trying to do Galapagos with v43.01b and it fails, is this here uncommon?

Video
ID : 1
Format : VC-1
Format profile : Advanced@L3
Codec ID : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / WVC1
Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
Duration : 2h 26mn
Bit rate : 19.3 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.310
Stream size : 19.8 GiB (96%)
Language : English
HatchetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 19:09   #16697  |  Link
RobertM

Hi guys,

I ran into another audio sync issue. The last time I had this issue was with a heavily mulit-part title (70 parts IIRC); Total Recall 2012. The audio was in sync at the beginning, but delayed by about 1/2 second by the end of the film.

This time the title is "Man On Fire". The audio is in sync at the beginning, again, but out of sync at the end by about 300ms delay. This time the original video is in one single stream.

I was running BD-RB 42.08 when this problem happened, so, today, I upgraded to 43.01 to see if that would help: the problem remains.

To solve this problem I took the audio stream from the Workfiles folder and scaled it down by approx 300ms. Then I manually used tsMuxeR to created a new BD structure from the video and sup files that BD-RB created, plus my scaled-down audio file.

I detected this problem during my usual validation process - after rebuilding, before burning. I use VLC Media Player, checking 3 positions of the video: just after opening credits, midway, and just before closing credits. I look primarily at lip movement vs audio. The original disc audio sync is fine, my custom rebuild is fine (good enough, anyway), the BD-RB rebuild has the sync issue.

Like I said, I've solved my problem manually, so this is just FYI. But let me know if you need additional info.

Log:
Code:
[02/26/13] BD Rebuilder v0.43.01 (beta)
[08:26:46] Source:  MOF_00001
  - Input BD size: 37.44 GB
  - Approximate total content: [02:26:05.756]
  - Target BD size: 23.63 GB
  - Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
  - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
  - Quality: Good (Very Fast), Two Pass
  - Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
  - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[08:26:51] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [08:26:51] Processing: VID_00001 (1 of 1)
 - [08:26:51] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
 - [08:33:22] Reencoding video [VID_00001]
   - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 210,168 frames
   - Bitrate: 20,775 Kbs
 - [08:33:22] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 2
 - [09:19:55] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 2 of 2
 - [10:07:23] Video Encode complete
 - [10:07:23] Processing audio tracks
   - Track 4352 (eng): Reencoding audio to AC3...
[10:12:37]PHASE ONE complete
[10:12:37]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [10:12:37] Rebuilding BD file Structure
[10:29:44] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[10:29:44] JOB: MOF finished.

Inspect:
Code:
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- AVISYNTH Version: [2.5.8.0], Ok
- HAALI Splitter: [1.9.42.1], Ok
- FFDSHOW: [4422], Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC:  Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC:  Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC:  Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec":  Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec":  Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- BD Rebuilder v0.43.0.1, Ok
- X264:  Ok
- AFTEN:  Ok
- FAAC:  Ok
- MP4BOX:  Ok
- WAVI:  Ok
- TSMUXER:  Ok

Last edited by RobertM; 26th February 2013 at 19:10. Reason: Typo
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 22:42   #16698  |  Link
techno1

Using the updated 43.01, I backed up 'The Bourne Legacy' with the Quick-Play Backup MODE and cannot play the disc using PowerDVD 10. The error message displayed is 'There is a disc with an unsupported format in drive'. The disc plays successfully in my Panasonic standalone player. It ALSO plays successfully using VLC Player. I'm not sure if this error appears in newer versions of PowerDVD as I've not a need to upgrade. PowerDVD is my preferred player for testing mounted ISO's. I've attached a screen clip of the error.

ps. Thanks JDobbs for your continued work on this project!
Attached Images

techno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 00:30   #16699  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
Hi guys,

I ran into another audio sync issue. The last time I had this issue was with a heavily mulit-part title (70 parts IIRC); Total Recall 2012. The audio was in sync at the beginning, but delayed by about 1/2 second by the end of the film.

This time the title is "Man On Fire". The audio is in sync at the beginning, again, but out of sync at the end by about 300ms delay. This time the original video is in one single stream.

I was running BD-RB 42.08 when this problem happened, so, today, I upgraded to 43.01 to see if that would help: the problem remains.

To solve this problem I took the audio stream from the Workfiles folder and scaled it down by approx 300ms. Then I manually used tsMuxeR to created a new BD structure from the video and sup files that BD-RB created, plus my scaled-down audio file.

I detected this problem during my usual validation process - after rebuilding, before burning. I use VLC Media Player, checking 3 positions of the video: just after opening credits, midway, and just before closing credits. I look primarily at lip movement vs audio. The original disc audio sync is fine, my custom rebuild is fine (good enough, anyway), the BD-RB rebuild has the sync issue.

Like I said, I've solved my problem manually, so this is just FYI. But let me know if you need additional info.
I'll pick it up and give it a try.
Old 27th February 2013, 00:33   #16700  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by techno1 View Post
Using the updated 43.01, I backed up 'The Bourne Legacy' with the Quick-Play Backup MODE and cannot play the disc using PowerDVD 10. The error message displayed is 'There is a disc with an unsupported format in drive'. The disc plays successfully in my Panasonic standalone player. It ALSO plays successfully using VLC Player. I'm not sure if this error appears in newer versions of PowerDVD as I've not a need to upgrade. PowerDVD is my preferred player for testing mounted ISO's. I've attached a screen clip of the error.

ps. Thanks JDobbs for your continued work on this project!
I've tried many of the Quick-Play backups in PowerDVD 11 during testing, and they've all worked. Sounds like it might be an issue with PowerDVD 10.

Last edited by jdobbs; 27th February 2013 at 00:35.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote