Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th January 2017, 12:15   #1  |  Link
Azal

Stuttering playback (@1080p24)

This has been a long, persistent problem with my HTPC movie playback, although Iíve underwent a complete PC hardware and software change at least once as well as upgrading from another full-HD LG TV to a newer model. I was problem free for several years when I used AMD R9 card, but now that Iím back with NVidia, all the playback problems are back.

The problem is a pretty horrible stuttering with 1080p24 (23,976Hz) content. Itís very apparent, as you can see for yourself:
https://youtu.be/ye99MVaiMQU

I just set up the MadVR auto refresh rate, but it didnít do anything about it. The reported refresh rate seems to be a little off, though.

Any suggestions? I would be so relieved if I managed to sort these problems with help and finally enjoy proper, problem free playback with an NVidia card.

I use dual desktop. Going solo for movie playback does seem to eliminate a lot of the stuttering, but not all. Although I would prefer not have to tinker with desktop modes for playback, as I did not have to with AMD card for flawless experience.

system specs:
W10 Pro x64
i7-3770K @4.5GHz
GTX 970
16GB DDR3
video player of choice MPC-HC v1.7.10
dual desktop setup with 1440p BenQ (DVI) as primary and 1080p LG HDTV (HDMI) as secondary for movie playback
Azal is offline   Reply With Quote