Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 12th August 2014, 17:28   #2221  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
Those who don't want to use the AudioSwitcher are out of luck, as it can't be turned off anymore.
Audioswitcher is required for proper operation of the player. Disable it does not need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoNe View Post
The AudioSwitcher and its channel mapping feature give you the absolute freedom to setup your sound system the way you like.
This is not so. Tell me, for what purpose do you really use this feature?
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 20:07   #2222  |  Link
Reino

Normalizing audio volume, set correct channel map for (old) ds-filters that don't support dwChannelMask, correcting channel map for files with faulty audio layout (e.g. stereo with only audio on the right side), testing ds-filters and looking up the dwChannelMask (light gray squares).
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
Audioswitcher is required for proper operation of the player. Disable it does not need.
Then why rob it of its features? What's the point of moving almost its features to every single internal audiodecoder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
All other options and features is stay in AudioSwitcher. And you can use it's as standalone filter.
Unlike the standalone Video Decoder, you can't configurate the standalone AudioSwitcher as there's no settings/options-tab.
Old 12th August 2014, 22:18   #2223  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoNe
What's the point of moving almost its features to every single internal audiodecoder?
Who told you that? Why did you decide that all these features have moved in the audio decoder?

Last edited by Aleksoid1978; 12th August 2014 at 22:21.
Aleksoid1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 22:22   #2224  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
LAV Filters' mixer only has a couple of pre-defined layouts, which you seemingly now have copied to MPC-BE's internal decoders.
We don't use mixer from LAVAudio, we write self mixer.
Old 13th August 2014, 00:52   #2225  |  Link
Reino

Quote:
Who told you that? Why did you decide that all these features have moved in the audio decoder?
Not all. I said 'almost all', but anyway, you did:
Quote:
Now we are work under new algorithm of audio-normalization. Later - we move audio-mixer from audio-decoder to AudioSwitcher.
P.S. About custom channel mapping - why it's need if we have mixer in audio-decoder ??
I haven't looked at the standalone filters for quite a while, because now I just realized there's only 1 audio decoder left (MpaDecFilter.ax) responsible for all audio formats. So...
> What's the point of moving almost its features to every single internal audiodecoder?
...should be...
"What's the point of moving the custom-speaker-configuration to the audio decoder into a slimmed down version?"

Quote:
We don't use mixer from LAVAudio, we write self mixer.
Bad phrasing. I meant to say that you copied the same concept.

But now I still don't know why you demolished the AudioSwitcher and removed the custom speaker configuration.
Old 13th August 2014, 02:17   #2226  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

why you demolished the AudioSwitcher and removed the custom speaker configuration.
Because it's mechanism is not good. Mixer in audio-decoder is better. It use some algorithm and volume-coefficient to move sound-data from one channel to other. About custom speaker configuration - it's just copy sound-data as-is, it's very bad.
Old 13th August 2014, 10:05   #2227  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

I agree with that. Custom channel mapping is fine to duplicate output or remap channels. But it should never be used to down mix or mixing channels in general. I think it was never intended for mixing.
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 15:18   #2228  |  Link
v0lt

MPC-BE v1.4.3 -dev build 5323
Old 17th August 2014, 17:04   #2229  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

The same restricted behavior of the Play/Pause hotkey occurs with MPC-BE as well on first open:
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=1452

Is this something which could be easily fixed, or is there a good reason for the current behavior?
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 19:40   #2230  |  Link
max wyty

Sound filter / settings

hi, it is my first post in this forum. I ve been using BE for 4 months, and all seems good , but I have a question about sound settings:

Is there some filter / settings to get an effect like a virtual speakers ? something like QSound or Dolby Virtual Speaker (simulate 5.1 using two speakers).

thanks
max wyty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 23:59   #2231  |  Link
xiringu

Is it possible to add these 2 options?

1) Options->Player->History->Auto-load last opened file

I often stop watching something in the middle. It would be very helpful if MPC-BE could autoload the movie for me, instead of going to Recent files, or finding the file on the HD.

2) Options->Player->History->Auto-load next file

At the moment, MPC-BE stops after a movie, doesn't play the next file in the folder automatically, but if you have a playlist, it plays the files in order.

What I'd like is an option to treat the folder as a playlist, without making one.

Thanks

Last edited by xiringu; 19th August 2014 at 00:17.
xiringu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 00:18   #2232  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiringu View Post
Is it possible to add this option?

Options->Player->History->Auto-load last opened file

I often stop watching something in the middle. It would be very helpful if MPC-BE could autoload the movie for me, instead of going to Recent files, or finding the file on the HD.

Thanks
just open the player and press "play" and the last opened file will be played.
huhn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 00:35   #2233  |  Link
xiringu

Why haven't I tried that before?

Thanks.
Old 20th August 2014, 14:59   #2234  |  Link
Reino

I'm very pleased to see you can watch public (live-)videostreams with MPC-BE and MPC-HC as they can directly open the corresponding m3u8-file. However that's not the case yet with commercial videostreams, like this newsbulletin for example (DRM, but free to watch).
The only difference in the m3u8-playlist, compared to public videostreams, is the line: #EXT-X-KEY:METHOD=AES-128,URI="http://drm.rtl.nl/......

It appears, unlike MPC-BE/HC, FFmpeg can open this stream:
(There's a very good chance foreigners can't open this videostream because of a geoblock. If so, I can upload it somewhere else if you want)
Old 20th August 2014, 15:26   #2235  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
I'm very pleased to see you can watch public (live-)videostreams with MPC-BE and MPC-HC as they can directly open the corresponding m3u8-file. However that's not the case yet with commercial videostreams, like this newsbulletin for example (DRM, but free to watch).
The only difference in the m3u8-playlist, compared to public videostreams, is the line: #EXT-X-KEY:METHOD=AES-128,URI="http://drm.rtl.nl/......

It appears, unlike MPC-BE/HC, FFmpeg can open this stream:
(There's a very good chance foreigners can't open this videostream because of a geoblock. If so, I can upload it somewhere else if you want)
Fixed in LAV/future MPC-HC, the decryption protocol for HLS was just not enabled in its build.
Old 20th August 2014, 15:57   #2236  |  Link
Reino

Ah! I thought this was a player issue. Thanks, nevcairiel.
Old 20th August 2014, 18:29   #2237  |  Link
xiringu

Could someone explain the following to me?

I'm using a Compaq Presario CQ57 (1Ghz CPU). I was using win8 32bits and a couple of weeks ago, I downgraded to win7 64bits.

I discovered a funny thing and it is that mpc, both HC and BE (64 bit version) now take a few seconds longer to load a movie, and everytime I go to the menu and come back, the movie is a bit choppy, and a couple of seconds later, it runs OK.

Well, the thing is that I decided to try mpc-be 32bit instead (remember I'm on win7 64bit), and suddenly the player is loading faster, and everything is smooth like it was on win8 32bit, with the same hardware.

Could anybody explain this to me? I was expecting better performance switching from win8 32bit + mpc-be 32bit to win7 64bit + mpc-be 64bit, but that didn't happen.

CPU and RAM load seems low to me on both 32 and 64bit versions, so I don't understand the difference in performance.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 03:46   #2238  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiringu View Post
Any ideas?
If Nvidia graphics card, when uninstall "nVidia Stereoscopic 3D Driver".
Old 22nd August 2014, 18:40   #2239  |  Link
xiringu

It's a laptop with AMD Radeon HD 6250.

I play 1080p movies on it, no problem, but it's funny that 32bit is faster than 64bit.
Old 22nd August 2014, 21:06   #2240  |  Link
max wyty

Internal filters

Ive been using the mpc-be internal source / decoders , and no problem in general, but, most of tutorials strongly suggest unselect internal filters and install LAV filters.

My questions for the experts...how good are the BE internal source / decoders ? LAv increases something else in the quality / performance ?

thanks
max wyty is offline   Reply With Quote