Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC)

Old 17th July 2020, 01:07   #1  |  Link
raulpuro

File error after joining with MKVToolnix

Hi,

I have joined the file part1 + part2 with MKVToolnix, although the file is created it shows the error:

"The codec's private data does not match. Both have the same length (2408) but different content. Please make sure that the resulting file plays correctly the whole time. The author of this program will probably not give support for playback issues with the resulting file. "

If play the video for a few seconds everything is fine, but if I go back in the player, the file is corrupt.

These are the files:

https://mega.nz/file/NdhzUYQY#-Bgemf...3MGLsssrOs4tZI

These are a demonstration video

https://mega.nz/file/VMR0yA4R#Gzh8UG...UxXqKA5derjVAI

Greetings and thanks.
raulpuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2020, 17:44   #2  |  Link
sneaker_ger

The problem is that you got different headers because the x265 version and/or settings differed between both encodes. So you either have to:
a.) use x265 with compatible settings/version or
b.) use a workaround where the header data is placed at every keyframe ("in-band")

For b.):
This is already done for parte2.mkv. It is not done for parte1.mkv (HandBrake does not do it). You could encode parte1.mkv with a different software (e.g. "manually" with x265cli with hevc output).
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2020, 19:22   #3  |  Link
raulpuro

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, I understand, the problem is that I have no knowledge of encoding / rendering, part2 is not encoded / rendered by me, for part1 I used HandBrake because visually it is simple.

Would it be too much to ask, that you explain the application and the parameters that I must use to be able to join part1 correctly?

Regards
Old 18th July 2020, 16:42   #4  |  Link
RanmaCanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulpuro View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your answer, I understand, the problem is that I have no knowledge of encoding / rendering, part2 is not encoded / rendered by me, for part1 I used HandBrake because visually it is simple.

Would it be too much to ask, that you explain the application and the parameters that I must use to be able to join part1 correctly?

Regards
You have to encode both with the exact same settings/parameters. Encode part 2 with the same profile you used for part 1. That should resolve it.
RanmaCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2020, 19:24   #5  |  Link
raulpuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanmaCanada View Post
You have to encode both with the exact same settings/parameters. Encode part 2 with the same profile you used for part 1. That should resolve it.
Hi,

The problem, as I was commenting, is my lack of knowledge to encode, no application to use, how to set the parameters...

From what I've seen these are the data of parte2.mkv

Code:
General
Format: Matroska
File Size: 126 MiB
Duration: 6 min 46 s
Overall Bit Rate: 2 598 kb/s 

Video
Format: HEVC
Bit Rate: 2 242 kb/s
Dimensions: 1440 pixels x 1080 pixels
Display Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Frame Rate: 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Writing library: x265 3.1+20-913823aa15cd:[Windows][GCC 9.2.0][64 bit] 10bit
Encoding settings: cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=3 / numa-pools=8 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=1440x1080 / interlace=0 / total-frames=0 / level-idc=0 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=4 / no-allow-non-conformance / no-repeat-headers / annexb / no-aud / no-hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / open-gop / min-keyint=23 / keyint=250 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=4 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=25 / lookahead-slices=4 / scenecut=40 / radl=0 / no-splice / no-intra-refresh / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=1 / tu-intra-depth=1 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=2 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=3 / limit-refs=3 / limit-modes / me=3 / subme=3 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / no-hme / weightp / no-weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=0:0 / no-sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=4 / selective-sao=0 / no-early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / no-b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=2.00 / psy-rdoq=1.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=abr / bitrate=2250 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=2 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=3 / aq-strength=1.00 / cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=1 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=2 / transfer=2 / colormatrix=2 / chromaloc=0 / display-window=0 / cll=0,0 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.05 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / aq-motion / no-hdr / no-hdr-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=5 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=1 / refine-ctu-distortion=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-analysis-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine / no-single-sei / no-hevc-aq / no-svt / no-field / qp-adaptation-range=1.00
But as I comment I don't know how to use them.

Regards and sorry for the inconvenience..
Old 19th July 2020, 08:10   #6  |  Link
MeteorRain
結城有紀

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulpuro View Post
part2 is not encoded / rendered by me
You can't just join 2 clips like that. There are strict rules on whether clips can be joined, and a random clip has a minimal chance to meet that rule.

Your safest bet is to encode both part as whole into one file.
Neo AviSynth+ filters - F3KDB | FFT3D | DFTTest | MiniDeen | Temporal Median
MeteorRain is offline   Reply With Quote