Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th January 2020, 22:24   #241  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Notts, UK
Posts: 12,227
I have a question regarding an .m2ts streams overhead.

Since the launch of the Blu-ray disc format, way back in mid 2006, has anybody found a way to reduce an .m2ts streams overhead for non disc based applications. Or is its design set in stone?


Cheers
__________________
| I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout & A/V Gear |
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 22:35   #242  |  Link
a5180007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Marrakech, Morocco
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Since the launch of the Blu-ray disc format, way back in mid 2006, has anybody found a way to reduce an .m2ts streams overhead for non disc based applications. Or is its design set in stone?
Yes it is set in stone: at a minimum, on each 192-byte packet there is 8 to 10 bytes of time stamp/header. Plus 3 to 4 additional packets (PMT/PAT/PCR/NIT) at least every 100 ms. Plus sync to sector size, etc.

The main purpose of a transport stream (aimed at broadcasting) is to be error resilient, so there are tons of flags and timestamps along the stream.
a5180007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 23:20   #243  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Notts, UK
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5180007 View Post
The main purpose of a transport stream (aimed at broadcasting) is to be error resilient, so there are tons of flags and timestamps along the stream.
Yep... I can understand why broadcast TV requires to very error resistant but I find it weird that the Blu-ray disc format and the more recent AVCHD camcorder format requires the same level of resilience...
__________________
| I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout & A/V Gear |
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 00:39   #244  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus
 
filler56789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Antarctic Japan
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Yep... I can understand why broadcast TV requires to very error resistant but I find it weird that the Blu-ray disc format and the more recent AVCHD camcorder format requires the same level of resilience...
Probably the transport stream format was chosen not because of its "resilience" but because it can contain more than one program
(read: the secondary (P.I.P.) video feature).
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 06:41   #245  |  Link
a5180007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Marrakech, Morocco
Posts: 253
In the new nightly 09-01, the V3 option has been put in the Blu-ray tab option, as tsMuxer now switches automatically to V3 for HEVC. The manual V3 option can still be needed e.g. to mux AVC streams, to include the m2ts along with other V3 m2ts on a disk.
a5180007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 12:31   #246  |  Link
tymoxa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropc View Post
- Feature Request: Add option to make a specific audio the default track and a specific subtitle track a forced track
Actually, you can do it yourself in any HEX editor. Open MovieObject.bdmv, find 42 82 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A and insert next digits BEFORE 42 82 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A:

51 C0 00 01 80 01 C0 01 00 00 00 00
where:
1 - number of default audio track
1 - number of default subtitle track
C - all elements in selected PGS are shown. If you need to show only elements that marked with Forced="True" flag - you need to use 8 instead of C

Additionally it is needed to replace 03 80 00 00 05 for 03 80 00 00 06

But i agree that it would be more convinient to select needed default and forced tracks from gui or cli.

Last edited by tymoxa; 9th January 2020 at 13:17.
tymoxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 21:48   #247  |  Link
outgoing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymoxa View Post
Actually, you can do it yourself in any HEX editor. Open MovieObject.bdmv, find 42 82 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A and insert next digits BEFORE 42 82 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A:

51 C0 00 01 80 01 C0 01 00 00 00 00
where:
1 - number of default audio track
1 - number of default subtitle track
C - all elements in selected PGS are shown. If you need to show only elements that marked with Forced="True" flag - you need to use 8 instead of C

Additionally it is needed to replace 03 80 00 00 05 for 03 80 00 00 06

But i agree that it would be more convinient to select needed default and forced tracks from gui or cli.
Hi tymoxa, what you're explaining is also valid if it's a bluray java?
outgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 22:09   #248  |  Link
tymoxa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by outgoing View Post
Hi tymoxa, what you're explaining is also valid if it's a bluray java?
No. It's only for remuxes made by tsmuxer.
tymoxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 22:13   #249  |  Link
outgoing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymoxa View Post
No. It's only for remuxes made by tsmuxer.
I thought maybe I could put it all together to make a menu bluray and keep that condition with the audio/subtitle. Thank you for the clarification.
outgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2020, 08:27   #250  |  Link
a5180007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Marrakech, Morocco
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymoxa View Post
But i agree that it would be more convinient to select needed default and forced tracks from gui or cli.
Doesn't seem too difficult. I've put it as an enhancement issue on Github for the record.

Edit: the additional command can also be easily added on BDEdit.

Last edited by a5180007; 10th January 2020 at 08:32.
a5180007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2020, 14:11   #251  |  Link
ocean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropc View Post
- Feature Request: Add option to make a specific audio the default track and a specific subtitle track a forced track

Hi, if you want a simple thing, both ISO and folder there is the Rotty program:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7ne0c2...orced.rar/file

Edit: I' sorry, I read that you are using the Apple system.

Last edited by ocean; 10th January 2020 at 14:50.
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2020, 16:40   #252  |  Link
tymoxa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5180007 View Post
Edit: the additional command can also be easily added on BDEdit.
Sure, but not for BD3D.iso
tymoxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2020, 18:28   #253  |  Link
imhh11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 171
many thanks for the update. DV remux works great on my Sony x700.

but I'm having an issue with srt subtitles which was fine using the old tsmuxer.










Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean View Post
Hi, if you want a simple thing, both ISO and folder there is the Rotty program:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7ne0c2...orced.rar/file

Edit: I' sorry, I read that you are using the Apple system.
thanks but that tool doesnt seem to work with uhd-bd iso

Last edited by imhh11; 11th January 2020 at 00:48.
imhh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2020, 11:30   #254  |  Link
justdan96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhh11 View Post
many thanks for the update. DV remux works great on my Sony x700.

but I'm having an issue with srt subtitles which was fine using the old tsmuxer.
It looks like an issue someone raised on GitHub - is your locale set to one which uses commas for decimals?
justdan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2020, 19:44   #255  |  Link
imhh11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdan96 View Post
It looks like an issue someone raised on GitHub - is your locale set to one which uses commas for decimals?
yep commas. changed that and now its working properly. thank you


Last edited by imhh11; 11th January 2020 at 19:46.
imhh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2020, 01:05   #256  |  Link
zeropc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 114
Was the UHD Folder/ISO removed on purpose or better say merged with Blu-ray Folder/ISO on the nightly build from w64-nightly-2020-01-11--01-10-45?
zeropc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2020, 01:10   #257  |  Link
BloodyRipper
Registered User
 
BloodyRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropc View Post
Was the UHD Folder/ISO removed on purpose or better say merged with Blu-ray Folder/ISO on the nightly build from w64-nightly-2020-01-11--01-10-45?
Blu-ray version is now automatically switched to V3 in case HEVC is detected, so the additional combo box was unnecessary. Perhaps this pull request gives you some more information.
BloodyRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2020, 01:39   #258  |  Link
zeropc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyRipper View Post
Blu-ray version is now automatically switched to V3 in case HEVC is detected, so the additional combo box was unnecessary. Perhaps this pull request gives you some more information.
So when I remux a UHD I need to check V3 under Blu-ray pane?
zeropc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2020, 02:55   #259  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus
 
filler56789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Antarctic Japan
Posts: 1,351
Giving a try to the latest sub-pseudo-"release", I found:

1) the archive still doesn't include a blank .INI file; as I said before, the current developer of Roman's tsMuxeR doesn't want to know very well how Windows works and what the Windows users expect;

2) the typos weren't fixed and the stupid default settings weren't changed;

3) the "About" tab doesn't list MPEG-1 audio as a supported audio format;

4) apparently the UPX compression doesn't harm the .EXEs so I don't know why justdan96 doesn't use it. Probably he sent me to his IgnoreList because I am not sufficiently "civil" for his pusillanimous taste...
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2020, 11:37   #260  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Notts, UK
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropc View Post
Was the UHD Folder/ISO removed on purpose or better say merged with Blu-ray Folder/ISO on the nightly build from w64-nightly-2020-01-11--01-10-45
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyRipper View Post
Blu-ray version is now automatically switched to V3 in case HEVC is detected, so the additional combo box was unnecessary. Perhaps this pull request gives you some more information.
Following on from this....

I've never really understood the logic behind the 'AVCHD folder' output option, as it's never been capable of generating muxes that are compatible with the AVCHD camcorder specification (which is supposed to place all content within a 'PRIVATE' folder). Does anybody actually use this output option? Is there any point keeping it?

That being said... As I'm an OPPO player owner, it would be handy to have an 'OPPO Player' output option that created an AVCHD folder for you


Cheers
__________________
| I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout & A/V Gear |
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.