Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 9th April 2021, 19:50   #1341  |  Link
Dan13N

That seems to fix the issue, can't reproduce it after a couple days of testing.
Dan13N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2021, 23:42   #1342  |  Link
clsid

Good to hear that. Next development build will automatically seek (to current position) after long pause or hibernation. Please test and hopefully this will solve it for everyone that has same problem.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2021, 00:58   #1343  |  Link
Dan13N

Thanks for looking into it. Will test when a new version is available.
Dan13N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2021, 23:57   #1344  |  Link
sakis.kom

Hello guys! clsid, thank you for continuing to support this wonderful media player!

I have problem with the two latest versions 1.9.9 and 1.9.10, with the subtitles. With older versions i had no problems.
I use auto translate subtitles from youtube, with the support of 3DYD Youtube Source 2.2.4 and youtube-dl.
youtube-dl i use it from youtube-dl folder and not from MPC folder. If i use it on MPC folder, auto translate subtitles not work, no matter of the MPC version.
I have try to change many setting on all programs, but nothing is fixed my problem, so i have return to MPC 1.9.8 that works great.

Thank you

Last edited by sakis.kom; 13th April 2021 at 00:07.
sakis.kom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2021, 00:13   #1345  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

That looks Greek to me...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2021, 02:28   #1346  |  Link
sakis.kom

Yes is Greek, but the original subtitles is English. That funcion is not work on the two latest versions.
Old 13th April 2021, 19:36   #1347  |  Link
clsid

The setting below the font is for text encoding. It is completely unrelated to the preferred language of subtitle that is loaded!!!

Preferred language is here:
Options > Playback > Default track preference

To disable internal youtube-dl functionality:
Options > Advanced > UseYDL = False

To use external filter for HTTP streams:
Options > Internal Filters > Source Filters > uncheck HTTP

To configure which subtitle is downloaded you need to go into "3DYD Youtube Source" settings.
Old 14th April 2021, 00:32   #1348  |  Link
sakis.kom

Thank you clsid!
I download again MPC-HC 1.9.10, load my settings, and i change only the internal "UseYDL to False". Now working again.
Right or wrong, MPC 1.9.8 work correct with same settings, with "UseYDL to True".

And 2-3-4 request if is possible...

I like to play videos with "OSD Display Current Time" to "ON".
1) When we close MPC and open it again, "OSD Display Current Time" is set to "OFF". Is possible to always keep the last used option?
2) When we press the key to see "OSD Show File Name" and the same time "OSD Display Current Time" is "ON", we see file name for 1/2 second.
Can change this function and the "File Name" have priority, from the "Current Time"?
3) Can you add option for custom colour, on "Tweaks > OSD Font" ?

And the last, on "custom keys" we see this...

OSD Display Current Time
OSD Show File Name
OSD Display Renderer Statistics

Why "Show" and not "Display" ?

Thank you!

Last edited by sakis.kom; 14th April 2021 at 00:36.
Old 14th April 2021, 21:11   #1349  |  Link
clsid

1.9.10 is also working correctly!
1.9.8 was only working for you because it actually had a bug that caused youtube-dl to fail in certain cases.

I am not going to add any new OSD options. I want to spend my time on other things.
Old 16th April 2021, 00:23   #1350  |  Link
Perenista

Dual layer DV files (those with a primary 4K HEVC and a secondary 1080p HEVC DV stream in them)... I mean MKVs extracted from UHD discs...

If we use MAKEMKV to convert the movies from such discs into MKV, should we keep the 1080p 2nd alternate video track there?

I mean, here?

Apparently MAKEMKV started to allow this since December 2020.

I was wondering if it makes sense to keep this (see picture above), because at least in my PC using MPC-HC the image is totally green if I select this 1080p track.

So where would this from the MKV be useful?

For the record, my hardware is still old, so PowerDVD for example can't play UHD discs when these are decrypted to my folder.

Since I wasn't aware of what Dolby Vision is I thought MAKEMKV creating two video tracks was some sort of mistake. When and where is this 2nd 1080p track being used?
Perenista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2021, 02:20   #1351  |  Link
sakis.kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
1.9.10 is also working correctly!
1.9.8 was only working for you because it actually had a bug that caused youtube-dl to fail in certain cases.

I am not going to add any new osd options. I want to spend my time on other things.
ok
Old 16th April 2021, 06:23   #1352  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perenista View Post
Since I wasn't aware of what Dolby Vision is I thought MAKEMKV creating two video tracks was some sort of mistake. When and where is this 2nd 1080p track being used?
I don't know of anything that can utilize that 2nd 1080p video track as part of decoding to Dolby Vision on PC. We can only get fallback HDR10 for now, but maybe one day.
Old 19th April 2021, 10:20   #1353  |  Link
GCRaistlin

Change requests:
  1. Always show internal LAV Video properties on the main display instead of the display MPC-HC window is on. Extrenal LAV Video properties are showed on the main display. I asked for it before, nevcairiel confirmed it's an MPC-HC issue.
  2. Remove AI for disabling [ ] Store settings in .ini file checkbox. Now it seems to suppose that lacking of Full Control access to MPC-HC directory for the current user means that the current user can't create, modify, or delete files there. This supposition is wrong. As a result, an user may have an ability to change every MPC-HC setting except the specified one.
Old 19th April 2021, 15:09   #1354  |  Link
clsid

There are too many requests already. I only spend time on thing I care about myself. Submit a patch if you want something changed/improved.

To use INI you only need to create an (empty) INI file with correct access permissions. When you want to disable it later, simply delete the file.

Last edited by clsid; 19th April 2021 at 15:15.
Old 19th April 2021, 20:07   #1355  |  Link
GCRaistlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
When you want to disable it later, simply delete the file.
The problem is that it is unable to pass the settings from ini to registry under the specified conditions.
Old 22nd April 2021, 19:46   #1356  |  Link
el Filou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geahad View Post
But what is it outputting in the end? At the same time, "internal audio renderer" says it's downmixing from 8 to 6, and "lav audio decoder" says it's input and output is 8 channels... The only thing I can theoretically go by is that on the same stats page in lav audio 8 green bars are reacting when playing back an 8-channel media...
On a related note, would it be possible to integrate an option into MPC-HC so one can manually set the number of output channels, so one could bypass that windows api thingy?
Apologies, I missed your post back then.

You have to differentiate the audio decoder (LAV) and renderer (MPC's internal one), which are two separate 'steps' in the playback chain. In your setup, LAV is decoding and outputting the audio stream to the renderer as-is, which is why you see "8 channels" output and the 8 green bars moving during playback. Then MPC's renderer outputs the audio directly to the driver because you have enabled exclusive mode, and so it downmixes (matrixes) it to 5.1 as your audio device says that's what it supports.

LAV can also do downmixing if you enable it in the Mixing config tab. The audio driver can also sometimes do downmixing, but many can't and will just give an error or silently drop channels or other undefined behaviour, so it's better to do it in the decoder or renderer if you're using exclusive mode.
If you're not using exclusive mode, Windows' audio system or APOs that plug into it, can also do it.

What you can do:
1. Try changing your sound card's surround processing settings during playback. If that has no effect, then it's blocked by exclusive mode.
2. Disable exclusive mode after testing point 1, and then compare your sound card's processing with MPC's to see which gives you the better surround effect with 7.1 material.

I don't think it's a good idea to provide an option in MPC's renderer to disable downmixing, because most of the time it will not work and users will be left wondering what's happening.
Old 23rd April 2021, 01:21   #1357  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Version 1.9.11 is ready.

https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases/tag/1.9.11
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2021, 06:47   #1358  |  Link
TEB

Add subtitle formats in a SPTS

Would it be possible to add the following subtitle formats:
DVB-TTX
DVB-TTML

I can provide streamdumps examples on all via a PM

Last edited by TEB; 26th April 2021 at 15:20.
TEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2021, 09:19   #1359  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Thanks @clsid

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2021, 19:23   #1360  |  Link
el Filou

DVB-SUB is already supported, when I play my TS recordings that have those subs with MPC I can see them.